What can we learn as people (if anything) from the LA Riots? What allowed this situation to occur?

What can we learn as people (if anything) from the LA Riots? What allowed this situation to occur?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Range_Acoustic_Device
youtube.com/watch?v=An8LJ_fv0mo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

is this your dissertation topic

diversity is our strength

No, I just think the situation was really interesting and enjoy reading police reports and things like that. I wanted some thoughts from you lot on it.

I personally think that it shows what people will resort to without local authority figures around. In the event of a catastrophe the amount of time it would take for society to delve into complete chaos is surprising to say the least.

Fire Daryl Gates.

Figure out some political arrangement that will allow poor people/kneegrows to develop a better relationship with the police.

Follow most of the recommendations in the Kerner Commission to the letter.

Hire Daryl Gates back, just so you can fire him again.

Don't let the cops form into politically powerful unions and begin to cover for the shitheads.

Start offering 10 grand to poor people and minorities in exchange for a sterilization.

Create a task force that makes the Knapp Commission look like Huffington Post investigative journalism.

Adopt drug policies centered on treatment and education, and attempt to drive down black male unemployment.

Send terminators back in time to kill Daryl Gates, and send a guy to find John Hinckley Jr. and give him a .357 instead of a .22

>Start offering 10 grand to poor people and minorities in exchange for a sterilization.
Just say blacks

Really, most of the people who would say yes to the offer need to not reproduce.

Singapore actually tried it and it works wonders.

Not fully on topic, but I always imagined some kind of universal (this is where it breaks down) system of fertility vouchers. Every human gets 1, which can be sold or traded at whatever rate the market will bare.

Couples could produce their 2 rats, and anyone who died before reproducing would have their voucher reclaimed by the state, and put up for auction, again the highest bidder.

The poor would have huge incentives to sell, those who wished to buy will probably be more financially secure. So many problems solved.

Aside from the whole "rights" thing.

That the police abandoned the non rich citizenry completely thus forcing them to defend themselves when shit hit the fan.

Those Koreans that took to arms as seen in those pics did so because they knew the popo ignored them 100%.

Asides from that place being a total shithole there's a lot of holes in that and it would encourage a lot of very fucked up things to occur.

Blacks aren't the only minorities.

Hispanics have lots of kids, don't they?

The reason for militarization of the police, also pol shit fuck off

Nah, if you push down too hard on birth rates, you'll get a demographic collapse.

Just concentrate on keeping the absolute worst of the worst out of the next generation.

Asians trump black people

Thing is user governments keep on cutting and underfunding these programs which activists of all colours, creed, and affiliation protest against.

Eh' one thing worth noting is that the poor, not just financially poor but those who lack in general, they're tired of the oppression that their lack inflicts upon them.

If you're not spiritually on point, the world will do its best to either eat you alive, or force you into submission. Again, this isn't just about the lack of money, but a lack of general life. A lack of life can only be experienced if you believe you don't have it.

So if your master tells you to worship the carrot while dangling it in your face on a string and you do as he says...every time he pulls the carrot away at your attempts to grab it, you'll eventually fall prostrate in sadness and anger. Once you've had enough though...you just might lose it, riot, destroy, destroy everything the carrot represents in a brief fit of frustration.

The scary thing is though, there are sadist in the world that love this game. They love being teased with a carrot. Some love to be the one waving the carrot and pulling it away. Thus...the human condition. A massive cage of slavery. People who perpetuate the pain and suffering for people who enjoy the pain and suffering. As for the people who are sick of it...

John 8:32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

>What can we learn as people (if anything) from the LA Riots?

around blacks

never relax

dindu nuffin

A. Buy a firearm and learn how to operate and mainatain that firearm
B. Don't trust cops

>Don't trust cops

Having that mentality is gonna cause problems bro.

My father, who was a newly arrived immigrant from El Salvador at the time living in LA said that the store he was working at had a brick thrown at one of its windows and was a victim of multiple muggings. Hated niggers ever since then. Moved here to the midwest, carries a gun around everywhere he goes just in case. Voting Trump in November too.

I'm not American but what I take a couple of things from it:

Media DO need to be controlled. Fuck free speech, they spin things to rile people up and get hype going without giving a fuck about the consequences. Every time there's a mass shooting or a controversial event those bastards milk it for all it's worth and do their best to get outrage going.

Next police, they cover each other's asses. I can understand that, it's a rough job and they get by sticking together and allowing each other little wrongs because they have kids to feed or whatever. This can't go on forever. The American Government needs to take better care of its police to make this cronyism unnecessary. Cops shouldn't have to break the law to get by.

>Start offering 10 grand to poor people and minorities in exchange for a sterilization
This is an interesting thought. My high school geography teacher, who is the most intimidatingly intelligent person I've ever met, had an idea similar to this. Her idea was that each person when born has the right to ONE child. However they don't have to exercise this right. What you can do is you can sell your right to one child to a couple who want a bigger family for whatever price suits them, you can give it to a family member because maybe your brother wants kids but you don't, you can donate it, gamble it. I really think it's a neat idea. Something has to be done about population for sure, but paid sterilization sounds a bit too scary for my liking. It'd get a lot done but damn user, do you really want that in your country?

Something like that would never get passed by a modern government. The leftshits and diversity crowd will start chimping out, NAZIS!!!!!

No it isn't. Cops are not on your side or anyone's side. They are law enforcers first and foremost and most everyone on this website has broken some law or another more then once. Given that, cops are not to be trusted.

Guns don't kill, niggers do.

Korean roof guards were heroes.

A thoughtful response would be much more appreciated. Why would these specific people not approve? If anything it's the fairest system around aside from that certain minorities would stand a chance of being stifled out of existence by poverty. A careful government could avoid that. China made allowances to their ethnic minorities with their child-policies and they worked out pretty well.

>Media DO need to be controlled. Fuck free speech, they spin things to rile people up and get hype going without giving a fuck about the consequences. Every time there's a mass shooting or a controversial event those bastards milk it for all it's worth and do their best to get outrage going.

I'm an American, and I'm sympathetic to the idea that our media does need to somehow be reined in. However, this isn't a problem with free speech; it's a problem with the way our media is structured, in the form of for-profit conglomerates. CNN, MSNBC, Fox News, NPR and even more respectable outlets like the NYT pick the stories that get pushed, and they pick them seemingly based on maximum outrage factor to draw in clicks which get ad revenue; trawling Twitter for stories and then saying "we're just trying to start a national discussion" seems to be the new idea of journalism. That Harambe the gorilla story from a month ago is a good example.

Our media corporations really need to be broken up, because they do seem to love the conflict and their incentive is profit, and outrage and views that conform to our view of the world is what sells. Not sure how this can be done, antitrust laws probably wouldn't work.

Diversity is cancer. Political Correctness kills.

R E D P I L L E D
E
D
P
I this post is not spam
L
L
E
D

And you know what the funny thing is? Most of those Korean store owners were arrested by LAPD after the riots.

Hire koreans to defend your store

LA police and sheriff departments were completely unprepared for riot control.

California's governor also failed to call the California National Guard up to provide more man power .

The racism of law enforcement was evident too. They retreated to guard the rich white parts of the metro area.They also managed to find the time and man power to arrest the Roof Koreans.

>leave anyone who isn't a rich celeb or politician to fend for themselves against the bestial hordes
>arrest them when they use their constitutional rights
what did the LAPD mean by this

>What can we learn as people (if anything) from the LA Riots?

The police need to adopt high-tech riot control devices (and use they early on) instead of having cops either stand around and do nothing or wade into crowds and beat people up.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Range_Acoustic_Device

And bring back some of the classic oldies…

Get rid of advertising.

Removing advertising as the number one source of revenue would be a big help. Maybe some type of ad tax.

This docco's a good place to start. It doesn't just concentrate on the Koreans despite the name, though they have a central role. Really good long bit on the run-up to the riots. It also does something nobody does anymore, which is have people with differing opinions and POVs in the same film.

youtube.com/watch?v=An8LJ_fv0mo

good observations senpai

>A careful government could avoid that. China made allowances to their ethnic minorities with their child-policies and they worked out pretty well.

Lol no Han bitch and moan about those laws, ethnic discrimination is still a things, and the govern mt has been known to breaks it's own laws regarding minestrone like forcefully aborting minority women.

In a heterogeneous, fractured society, yes. Homogeneous societies with strong values and social cohesion, like Japan, will be able to weather natural disasters relatively well. Th United States? Not so much.

It leads to several huge problems though.
a) unless you obsessively enforce it it can get ignored. If you do it like China obsessive enforcement to the most absurd degree you get their demographic problems which are pretty massive
b) It leads to rich people poaching the poor to get more kids.
c) the laws and scenarios to implement this are going to be absurd. What if your only young daughter died? Do you get your fertility right back or is it gone for good or do you get hers?
c) fertility is something that can be exchanged and bought on some black,semi legal or maybe even legal market.
c) governments and the powerful and/or rich folk who can influence policy can put pressure on the poor to give up their right more easily and more maliciously eliminate certain populations.
c) just fucking make sex ed education more widespread and make BC and parental planning more cheaper and accessible. This shit fucking works no need to implement a dystopian idea.

All this talk of fertility vouchers really seems stupid when we've already proven that you can cause birthrates to plummet by having quality sex education, access to contraceptives, and class mobility.

People really want to reinvent the wheel.

this

is there any way to turn the fucking music down or turn up the guys voice? I cant hear anything hes saying

A wound untreated festers.

(the wound is a metaphor for poverty and racism)

shoot straight Mr. Lee!