What was the Soviet Union equivalent of the Nazi SS?

What was the Soviet Union equivalent of the Nazi SS?

NKVD

These guys

I'm wondering
Who was more asshole with the ethnic poles, the SS or the NKVD?

I'd argue for the SS on that one, simply because the ultimate plan for the Poles was extermination to make room for colonization, where in Soviet Poland at least the killing stopped at a point.

doesn't discard the fact that both committed despicable acts to control the nation and its people though.

These fellas
>pic related
I think their force was around 600,000 ) don't qoute me on that)

Bless them.

Almost if not all of them captured were executed.

I'm glad they probably died painful deaths at the hands of the soviets, they are traitors to their own people

Because Stalin and the Soviet higher ups obviously cared for the Russian people...

Jude.
The Forth Reich will rise soon. If not from the Deutschland then elsewhere

Pretty much this.

The soviets were barbarians to their own people.

>their own people.

Stalin himself was Georgian and a lot of the early soviet government and happened to be of Jewish descent. No doubt why the Russian people suffered so much under Marxism.

You're not smart.
The NKVD. Although the NKVD as less of a military arm. The SS were a more diverse organization and they were more versatile in what they could do.

In terms of intelligence and espionage, the NKVD ran absolute circles around the Germans. The Soviets were always 5 steps ahead. They stole the German military code from Sweden before Barbarossa and knew all German military movements due to this.

The SS. The Soviets never leveled Warsaw.

You're not smart.

More than the Nazis did.

>They stole the German military code from Sweden before Barbarossa and knew all German military movements due to this.

Then how come the soviets were getting their shit kicked in 1941-1942?

Stalin killed a fuck ton of officers and their military was generally unprepared. Their armor core and Air force were backasswards and got massacred by their German counterparts. Soviets were overwhelmed by German speed and had little to counter the powerful tanks and air raids. It's hard to retreat when you get bombed to shit as you do so.

The Soviets fought well, but were outclassed and outgunned, and poorly led. If they had two more years they wouldn't have been so shit wrecked.

It's well known that the Soviet officer corps got massacred by the purges and sucked at the beginning but if the Soviet command knew all the German battle plans then stuff like the encirclement of Kiev shouldn't have happened.

Just because they knew the code and the troop movements doesn't mean they could've prevented that disaster. They thought they could win that battle. It was their largest concentration of soldiers on the whole front. The disaster came when they simply couldn't outmanuver the Germans. They had little to no armor, and were given the task to defend an area that was incredibly important to their industry. Knowing what the Germans are doing is one thing, but having the firepower to stop them is another.

If Soviet intelligence and general staff knew German troop movements then surely they would've known that Guderian and the 2nd panzer army were going to approach Kiev from the north and east of the Dnieper.

What is that square over Norway?

Also OP, the NKVD.

Bullshit
NKVD was like Gestapo, not the SS

It was both. SS was Hitler's personal army, Gestapo was the secret police. NKVD was both.

For example, Stalin's "Order 270" was carried out by the NKVD, obviously non-secretly.

What an odd square island to the north of Norway.

Study some history before making yourself looking like a schizophrenic tard, but oh well what I am saying. The documentary "Hitler le greatest story never told" did a good job brainwashing you, you don't even give a single flying fuck about what exactly happened on the eastern front and how ukrainian and russian ss detachments really behaved. And you shouldn't, cunt.