/pso2g/ - Phantasy Star Online 2 General #1106

■ Current Update: 「龍乱の大祭」Part 1
bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-4th-anniversary-update-brings-new-pa-customizations/
bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-maintenance-and-patch-682016/
■ AC Scratch: Kabukimono Style (until ?), Airy Elegant Summer (until 6/22)
pso2.jp/players/catalog/scratch/ac/
pso2.jp/players/catalog/scratch/fun/

■ Next Update (6/22): 「龍乱の大祭」Part 2

■ Future
bumped.org/psublog/pso2-live-broadcast-42-recap/
bumped.org/psublog/ffxiv-costumes-and-weapons-to-appear-in-pso2/

■ Weekly Boost & Events Schedule
JST: google.com/calendar/[email protected]
EST: google.com/calendar/[email protected]&ctz=America/New_York
CET: google.com/calendar/[email protected]&ctz=Europe/Berlin
Random EQ Hourly Advance Notice (JP): twitter.com/pso2_emg_hour
Regular Maintenance: Wednesday @ 11:00 ~ 17:00 JST

■ FAQs, Guides (READ THESE BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS)
General Information: bumped.org/psublog/
pastebin.com/CxBP1mEA (embed)
docs.google.com/document/d/1Ml9MGiN2Ich09mDtR82N1zn62oa1Mp6x6yzRjHrEf8c/ (Last Updated: 7/25/2015)
Basic English Patch: psumods.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=206
Buy ARKS Cash using PSO2es: pastebin.com/raDBtSpa (embed)
bumped.org/psublog/pso2es-guide-chip-database/

■ DB/Wikis
pso2.swiki.jp/index.php (JP)
pso2wiki.net/ (JP)
pso2.cirnopedia.info/ (EN - OUTDATED AS FUCK)

■ Simulators
Skill Tree: arks-layer.com/skillsim/skillcalc.php
Affix: pso2affix.seilent.net/
Damage: 4rt.info/psod/

Other urls found in this thread:

nicovideo.jp/watch/sm29049456
youtube.com/watch?v=LLfubVTEpwM
arks-layer.com/skillsim/skillcalc.php?11INbxIobxIobxIobxInbxIobxIobxIobxIobxIofdS0dodBIb000000000doIn0000000jdoib0000000fdoIbideBgXqFGAJkI2dnIs00009o00000000ioIn00000000IbIo0000000jdoIb0000000lo000000j
jisho.org/word/燕
github.com/TyroneSama/OverParse/releases/tag/1.14
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

LEET FOTES

McCree
Peacekeeper - Alternate fire
Recovery time (i.e. the amount of time before McCree starts reloading) decreased from 0.75 seconds to 0.3 seconds
Bullet damage decreased from 70 to 45 (Probably reverse patch form this)

Developer Comments: McCree was performing too well against all targets, making him feel like a must-pick in many situations. By reducing the damage of his alternate fire, McCree is now significantly weaker against tanks like Roadhog and Reinhardt, but still maintains his lethality against smaller targets like Tracer and Genji.

WidowMaker
Widow’s Kiss - Alternate fire (Scoped Shot)
Base damage decreased from 15 to 12
Note: Scoped shot damage multiplier remains unchanged
Headshot damage multiplier increased from 2x to 2.5x
Players must now wait for the unscoping animation to completely finish before scoping
Infra-Sight (Ult)
Ultimate charge cost increased by 10%

*Developer Comments: In the right hands, Widowmaker can often feel unstoppable—even when just landing body shots instead of critical heads shots. The changes to her alternate fire weaken body shot damage while leaving her headshot damage unchanged. Additionally, we felt her Ultimate ability, Infra-Sight, was coming up a little too frequently, especially considering its impact on the game. *

Bug Fixed
Improved stability of the High Bandwidth option in Custom Games
Fixed a bug that allowed Mercy to gain Ultimate charge whenever damage boosting an ally who was attacking a barrier or Ice Wall
Fixed a bug that allowed Reaper to Shadow Step to unintended locations on a certain maps
Fixed an issue with collision on certain areas of Dorado not blocking line of sight

Guess you didn't overwatch where you were posting.

Thanks for the info. Was so tired of the bs from both of these characters.

>widowmaker nerf
wow its fucking nothing

LEET UD
nicovideo.jp/watch/sm29049456

Is crit rate worth getting in general?

If you use AIS rifle or play Fi yes.

I guess I should have specified my class. I'm going DB bo/hu.

If you have spare points and use crafted weapons, I guess?

yes, you can use it with crit strike ring and helps crafted weapons reach their max damage

>Crafted weapons
Is there any reason to use these if you're playing DB with Bo main?

I am happy no more bodyshots bullshit, you actually have to snipe heads

>don't play Bo it's shit!!!!
>everyone here uses crafted weapons
heh

Yes. Crafted rainbow red dbs for Elemental stance if you don't have good rainbow 13*s.

Bo also has the Crafted Weapon boosting skill.

Bo is shit, let the guy play it.

>"still maintains his lethality against smaller targets like Tracer and Genji."

The RMB still deals 270 damage. That's still 90% of the cast, so what the fuck? The whole fact that his combo involves stun you can't do shit about is what's broken

I never said that, please take your salt and direct it at someone else.

>Crafted rainbows dbs
>Rainbows 13s
lmao it's been like 3 years now
let this meme die

>Guys Break Stance DB is good, I swear

kek

Is there a boost week after tonight's maintenance?

Maybe

I remember it being good when ares was new with Break bonus, probably still is

wwww
TL note: wwww means LOL

>Maint night
>Oh right need to run TA on all of my characters
>Abducted every other attempt at a TA
Sega please I just want to do 6 sets and be done and go play other games.

wrong thread fool

youtube.com/watch?v=LLfubVTEpwM

What are the step patterns?

Can't read shit captain. At least post the translated version or kindly fuck off.

Which Veeky Forums teams organize MPAs for EQs? I only know that OH and 711 organize but what about others? I'm getting tired of pubbing big EQs and want to consider joining one.

raughs

Who is this

SEES

Good luck joining them

There's no way to change your character's name other than starting over, is there? I regret my name, but would prefer to reset the name instead of starting over.

What?

Any joining requirements and how do I join?

you can pay for it but it would be better to just restart if you didnt have any real progress

160/11 weapon and 150/9 units minimum.

None, just be friends with people from there

it costs a small amount of AC to change player name.

I thought OH was ded?

Yeah, fuck paying for a name change. Level 30 with no subclass isn't much progress, yeah? Then I don't mind at all.

you can reach level 30 within like 2 hours of doing quests its super easy

what's the name, boylover69 or something?

it cant be that bad

Tfw still at level 63 leveling subclass
It feels like ages to be over with it

namedrop yourself or get out. we won't laugh.

OH is ded mate

get to 75 before working on your subclass that way you can have access to endgame weapons at least

Which teams are still alive?

If I put 5 points in TMG mastery can a certain amount of points be taken out of attack PP restorate or should I go 5/10 chain trigger? I never finished the SP COs and want to fix up my old GUs trees. Looking at something like this maybe.

arks-layer.com/skillsim/skillcalc.php?11INbxIobxIobxIobxInbxIobxIobxIobxIobxIofdS0dodBIb000000000doIn0000000jdoib0000000fdoIbideBgXqFGAJkI2dnIs00009o00000000ioIn00000000IbIo0000000jdoIb0000000lo000000j

Hell if I know, I'm just a solo shitter.

Want to play with me?

It's some kanji I can't remember how to type, let alone its meaning. I need a name I can actually write, not some random kanji I found.

SignPainter dueman
Main is done, but damn this sub feels twice as long to do
Doing aqs whenever I can

Why would you want to type your own character name?

jisho.org/word/燕

Great, I named myself after a bird. That just brightens my day.

Depends on what you want to do, user.

I need an excuse to stop playing Planetshit 2

Swallows are great birds though, well of the small variety. I personally perfer crows then hawks.

it died of embarrassment after getting btfo by redrum pugs

What do you need to do to unlock darker den TA? Two of my characters don't have it for some reason.

character must be 70+

Wanted to push this out before maint. Be sure to force-update your damage dump plugin if you plan on testing the AIS stuff out, sometimes the Tweaker is iffy about pushing the updates automatically.

github.com/TyroneSama/OverParse/releases/tag/1.14

>SEES
>Redrm Pug

All of my characters are 75.

>/ss/
decent taste

TL;DR the current team lead basically only plays on Ship 2, the officer he installed does fuck-all. If you try to join OH you won't find anyone helpful online.

Now the team chat is 100% those newbie shitters whining (yes that fucking includes Regina), and the older players mostly keep to themselves or play other games because no one in charge wants to do housekeeping.

Best way to level an SATK mag is weapon + monomate, right? Monomate to lower Dex, Weapon to raise SATK and undo the Sdef from Monomate?

S-ATK weapon for the ATK, 4 star furniture to remove DEX and add some more S-ATK

OH never had a leader or anything with a backbone to lead it, That's why its garbage and full of circlejerkers.

complete ep4 storyboard past a certain point.

Does hyperion have organized mpas for eqs? Also why doesnt edf organize? I always see them playing alone.

They had a JP as lead for a while shortly after the DDR merge, but that was probably only because he was curious about gaijin, and naturally the novelty wore off.

Fuck. The things I do for faster TA money.

>Hyperion
Dead team, everyone's playing OW, or only hops on for a little bit
>EDF
No real structure, and most people want to stick with themselves than play together. They won't organize unless someone else in Redrum does, like with PD a few days ago.

Gav is actually a genuinely good person, but has no desire to try and herd cats.

Where do I get 4* furniture?

Player shop or the My Room shop. Try the former first because they usually go for 1050 meseta each so you might as well get a full stack, it'll last you for a while.

There's no TACO money for the darker den TA.

I can run Darker Den faster than Harokotan when doing the VH rush.

Damn, the my room shop has them for 3-4k per. Player shop it is, thanks.

As Gu, how do I avoid instakill attacks like stage 3 Vol's instakill fireball or Bal Rodos', uh... waterball? I'm used to playing Fo, and not having iframes for days is really kicking my ass.
Also, which PAs should I be using? How does chain trigger/chain finish work?

>or Bal Rodos', uh... waterball?
Why did you not turret

break Vol's tail to prevent him from powering up, and use the turret guns on the sides of the platform to shoot the water ball and destroy it

Third SRoll has more iframes than Mirage Step.

Sroll

>stage 3 Vol's instakill fireball
Are you even trying attacking him? He shouldn't even live that long unless you are doing SH as a lv50.

>How does chain trigger/chain finish work?
Activate chain trigger to mark a target WB style. Spam normal attacks to build up the combo counter. Use a PA to activate Chain Finish, which gives a huge damage boost for a short time based on how high your hit counter was.

Isn't it basically the same chain system that PSP2 used?

Thanks, will give it a try when the opportunity arises.

to use chain trigger, first activate it and tag an enemy or enemy part. once the chain is active shoot it with normal attacks to build it up and detonate it with any PA attack. higher chain number means higher damage but the higher the number also means you have less time to detonate it with a PA. also dont miss

>break Vol's tail to prevent him from powering up,
Yeah, but I'm not putting out damage fast enough to break his tail a second time. I must be way underleveled for even hard.
>and use the turret guns on the sides of the platform to shoot the water ball and destroy it
i never knew
Alright, will try. Is there any trick to the timing, or do I just mash shift when I see something deadly incoming?
To detonate it, do I have to hit with the PA, or just use it? Do only specific PAs trigger the chain finish? It seems awfully finicky, but assuming I'm not being rused, this sounds right up my alley.

I don't remember the exact timing for sroll as I quit Gu a long time ago and just use it as a TA slave nowadays. Just try it, you'll get the hang of it.

>Yeah, but I'm not putting out damage fast enough to break his tail a second time. I must be way underleveled for even hard.

You shouldn't even be needing to break the tail a second time. Break the tail, then break his horn and back spike while he's immobilized. That should be enough to kill him.

Is your gear sub-par or something?

break vol's tail to stun him and force him to regenerate it and then break his face horn to extend the stun duration. if you cant kill him after that you should consider taking a look at your weapons and gear

to detonate chain trigger any PA works. you just have to keep attacking it while its glowing yellow for max damage.

Ok, thanks!
I was maybe lv20 at the time, with either the starter TMGs or Alvas. Unless you mean TMG gear, in which case I wasn't really paying attention at the time, but it was probably pretty low.
>to detonate chain trigger any PA works. you just have to keep attacking it while its glowing yellow for max damage.
Did not know that. Thanks for the tip!

TMG gear is a must have skill, you have to keep it as high as possible for good damage

>play GU aka poor mans Bow Braver.

Completed storyboard up to my other characters and unlocked and completed Tokyo Explore, no go.
I have a character for main classing every class and all their possible subclasses.
I find this fun

clear Koffee's difficulty client orders (you probably did)
and unlock all difficulty of
Ruins Explore
Mining Explore
Kuron Explore