Deposit GP Edition

=======================
>New to Mabinogi? Read this:
pastebin.com/rteefc4J
========================

>Wiki
wiki.mabinogiworld.com/

>Veeky Forums Player Spreadsheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvmzrRxJfnwMdEV6Szc0aVlMZ19mWDdvOUoxZS1PTHc

>Player Guidebook (Tips, Facts, and Guides)
docs.google.com/document/d/1zSPei0UXPABHt3BuOKVuOt3L_PvPHgX8kKJvsOE08Yk

>Windmill Training Guide
pastebin.com/YGtj7DHZ

>Mabinogi Windows 10 Workaround
youtube.com/watch?v=Wef1ZaulObg

>Discord
discord.gg/014LSjYm6GsctH0BX

Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rtLIdh3jD_8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

asian people

Morrighan did nothing wrong.

Is anything habbening?
Dungeons?
G Finals?
Comfy?
Music?
Anything?

The thread is comfy.

After i get my phone set up, I'm going to hop on my alt on alex and do the shadow mission dailies. Gotta get points for the guild.

So I get the impression that most skills, like 99% of them, are only worth ranking for the stats.

I'll join you, what's your name?

That really just depends on what skill set you want to use.

Lumora
Ill be on shortly

Why don't they update player models to look this pretty? Humans and Elves look dated as hell even compared to Giants.

Holy shit you guys are back? What's going on that these threads are a thing again?

>log onto mabi on a whim after not playing for a year+
>main character is still set to female from that time I switched so I could use my -cp gear from my elf alt

well damn

I don't think the models are that bad, it's mostly the mouths/eyes/hair. All the old stuff looks really dated. New stuff does a lot to make characters look better but most of it is locked behind coupons and pon.

i just wish the shoulders were connected to the body, and not just floating and clipping into their backs.

>What's going on that these threads are a thing again?
Nothing, I just wanted Mabigen to come back and kept remaking the thread until it picked up steam.

I've been gearing up to join this game for a day now and I came to the same conclusion. There are really very, very few skills used for attacking.

You don't seem to get new skills as you progress, more like you get new gear and just strengthen the skills you've been using the whole time.

I've also been advised that support characters don't really exist, so if you enjoy healing or buffing then make sure you shoehorn in a way to attack as well.

memes edition

Neat. A damn shame everyone looks like they're migrating to Alexenia, since all my characters are in Mari and I don't want to suffer through re-grinding windmill and /every single blacksmithing skill/ from scratch. Anyone on the discord still on Mari?

Most skills do kinda new things or vastly upgrade in some way at certain points, R9, R5, and R1.

There are a shit ton of attacking skills, and depending on what skill set you feel like using, you probably use most of them.

And you have to unlock a lot of your skills, they certainly aren't just all given to you immediately. Particularly magic, you have to work to unlock those skills.

So I'm assuming potion making is a mandatory skill once you get through the beginner hurdles.

I did one shadow mission and chugged through about 40 stamina potions.

Not exactly. Events gives out all types of pots to the point where you can stockpile them and be ok until the next event that gives pots. Unless you're going magic, then that's another story with the mp usage.

Is there a point in training mining if metallurgy exists?

+25 strength. Also I personally think mining is way less tedious than metallurgy, especially with a partner.

Blacksmithing talent
Pretty much the only life skill that gives strength
You have to sift through vastly more garbage for metallurgy than you do for mining.

Metallurgy is much better if you're just taking the shit and selling it, but mining is better if you're actually working on refining and such.

Hey. Stop making these.

no

Alright then invite me to the guild after I make my character.

Don't you get daily rebirths until cumulative level 500 or something? Meaning I can start at age 14-15 or so and be hunky dorie? Before it was like, rebirth into a 17 year old and then use an age potion.

Would it be a bad idea to start as Ninja? I mean, I don't intend to actually get anywhere so I'll probably start as a Ninja anyway.

But is it a bad idea.

Yes.
The grind will make you quit within a week.

Welp too late. I'll rebirth into close combat tomorrow then.

Honestly, after having not started a new character in so long, I have no idea what the fuck I'm supposed to be doing.

u
b m p

Can I play with you guys if I'm from the EU, or are servers region-specific?

Since EU doesn't have a server I'm pretty sure they can play here. I mean, I'm pretty sure they don't have a server.

I miss my money and clothes.

>61% success rate
>2 success
>18 failure

It could be worse, you could be trying to train refining before the 2x from the the blacksmithing talent

>trying to get refining failures
>dump % all the way down to 20 and proceed to do 50 refines
>44 successes, 6 failures
>need 200 failures for next rank

Is there's any spot open in the new Veeky Forums guild? I'd like to be able to do stuff with people while I'm on Alexina.

We're running dailies right now, want to join?

Sure, what channel? My name on Alexina is Tourisu btw.

So which combat skills are worth mastering?
I hear you should grind windmill to max before anything else. Is there a sequence I should follow, or do I just pick whatever I want afterwards?

oh sorry, we already started, but you can come join the discord in the OP and see if anyone's doing anything

Who plays Mabinogi Duel? I need 20 friendly duels for that witch slut

I'd say that's a really quick generalization. For example, in my combat tab, I literally use everything except gold strike.

I use evasion, charge, rage impact, windguard and throwing attack every day. If i'm using ninja, easily I have room to fit in shuriken charge, storm, bind, and cloak with plenty synergy. I use everything in the fighter skill tab. magic? Everything can have its use.

Alchemy? okay, sure, not everything gets used, but it's alchemy, so whatever. Point being, there's use, and good use, in most skills if you look for it.

me and my waifu

So I'm level 52 or so. Should I rebirth before turning in one of these episodes? Or should I take the experience and then rebirth?

Don't die

Is it really necessary to grind windmill first thing? I'm at rank 7 and the seemingly-endless grind is wearing me out.

Rank1 Flame Burst, niggas.

It's much better to get it out of the way now when you can windmill everything to death easily. Also makes ranking your other skills much easier, because you'll have maxed-out windmill to cover your ass when you mess up.

Anyone have any experience with editing the game's sound files? I want to change some sound effects for skills.

good christ, fucking windmill's requirements have been nerfed to the ground. they're nowhere near as bad to do anymore! If you think this is bad, quit right now cause it's only going to get worse. Don't believe me? Just look at alchemy mastery!

>i thought this general died along with the guilds

>there are people who play mabinogi that only know about the talent/destiny system

They'll never know what it means to grind windmill for hours at windmill, because there's no where else. They will never know the hell that was old rank 4. They will never know what a status symbol rank 1 windmill was, because no one wanted to do that shit. People spent days just to get a portion of a rank!

There's so much these people will never know.

meant to say training windmill at TNN.

>people will never know how to use windmill frames+deadly.

>Played back in 2009
>Got to the point where I was grinding windmill at TNN
>Did that shit for an hour and never touched that account again
At least in fucking maplestory I can grind for 6 hours and get 10% of my character's level, not 10% of a single fucking skill's level.

windmill's recommended because a strong and practical AoE. Nothing will clear enemies faster than windill, so stronger windmill makes for faster leveling and ap and stats.

speedy and efficient skill order:
1. windmill
2. combat mastery
3. weapon mastery (sword or blunt if you're human/giant)
4. dual wield mastery
5. smash and assault slash
6. skills that give the most strength

What are elementals used for besides weapon enchanting? Are they worth selling?

>people will never know the suffering of grinding TNN zombies at 1x skill exp when windmill had a 10% HP cost
>people will never know the joys of EZ mode healing and party healing training by going to TNN and hanging around to heal and res people training windmill

>not just healing an edgy nigger by a moongate

keep the dream alive

stayin alive

We need more power.

What would a high level party look like in Mabi? Does everyone just take a mob themselves, or is there actually a tank,somebody to cc mobs, etc?

I want to primarily focus on Music skills but it'd be useless if I'm expected to solo my own share of enemies.

Depends on how high you want to look at. If it's endgame, you just have someone cast rain and bfo and everyone goes to town with whatever skillset they want.

>I want to primarily focus on Music skills but it'd be useless if I'm expected to solo my own share of enemies.

Grandmaster Bard is the Solonogi talent. R1 Lullaby with the Grandmaster benefits gives you enough time to do what you need to do in like 90% of the game's content.

It looks like this.
youtube.com/watch?v=rtLIdh3jD_8

The game's 13 years old
We've had time to figure out the most extreme min/max party comps

You know what's the most extreme min/max party comps?

A full party full of people who max leveled everything.

The only variety is in early-mid game. Beyond that, everyone can do everything just as well as the other anyways. There is no teamwork necessary, there's only getting strong enough to do all the work you want.