What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandala_(Southeast_Asian_political_model)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagarakretagama
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Islam arrived.

It is known that shitskins can't hold onto anything good.

It was pure on natural resources and doomed from the start.

Little brown people

As many before me said. Muslims, theyr'e trash.

Majapahit is not even a real empire. At most, it's just a small but significant kingdom. The identity of Majapahit as an "empire" was made by Indonesian nationalists during the founding of Indonesia as a grand historic identity to cling on.

WE

colonialism, imperialism and neo colonialism

also, corrupt little brown people

As far as I know, it was largely because of the spice trade enriching not only the empire's core but also the semi-autonomous coastal ports and vassal states which, as they grew more wealthy, began to seek greater independence. Conversion to Islam was often a way to confirm that independence. The 15th century saw civil wars in Majapahit's center while the Sultanate of Malacca grew increasingly powerful with Chinese support, so that through most of the century Majapahit's rule was basically just nominal and by the 16th century they were just a small Hindu principality, soon finished off by a coalition of Javanese Muslim states while the old Hindu aristocracy fled to Bali.

Not really. True, it wasn't a centralised Roman-style empire, but in the 14th century it held hegemony over most of Indonesia/Malaysia. That's what's shown on OP's map, with the 'core realm' coloured differently from the vassal states. That's how Indian/Southeast Asian states usually worked.

what a retard, please educate yourself before posting on the history board

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandala_(Southeast_Asian_political_model)

Singapore is great. Everywhere else is because Islam leads to decay in nearly every aspect of life.

That map is derived from a scroll that is almost being burned by the dutch during their rampage the island of lombok. Far away from the actual location of majapahit. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagarakretagama

I don't know, the scrolls itself seems like some poet wankery over his own "majapahit" fan fiction. Considering the only physical legacy left by majapahit is only an insignificant arch in the middle of rice paddy. So much for a great empire.

KAMI ADALAH RAJA-RAJA

i dont know why indons wank over that empire btw, srivijaya was much better thallasocratic empire and has cooler temple.

by the time of islam majapahit was already crumbling, many of their vassals were vassals in name only, they dont have enough military power to exert tribute because of the constant civil war. then le sneaky arab merchantman came and offered discount on their stuff you convert, and many peasant also converted to get away from the shitty hindu caste system.

butthurt malaysian spotted lmao

Malaysians has nationalistic historical predecessor claim over Srivijaya too?

>cooler temple
Which temple?

Sriwijaya was the center of Alam Melayu back then, of course Malaysian would imagine themselves as continuation of Sriwijaya though they care more about Sultan n shiet because Islam.

their core territories was in palembang,indonesia. just another case of malay we wuzzing again i guess

>Which temple?

Borobudur is not srivijayan nor majapahit temple you dumbfuck.

While it was built by Syailendra it wasn't part of Sriwijaya.

the shailendras were part of the srivijayan court. and the srivijayans did dominate java at some point

> Shailendras>Sanjayas
> Buddhism>Hindus
> Borobudur>Prambanan
> Malay>Javanese

prove me wrong indonshit you cant

also

> Srivijaya>Majapahit

Heck, just read the wikipedia article on Sriwijaya which include Java at some point. Meanwhile on Shailendra and Medang Kingdom article did not mention Medang (Java) as part of Sriwijaya but had good relationship with Sriwijaya through marriages.

Differing interpretation about vague history I guess.

Borobudur was left in the jungle, where none dared to go near for centuries. Meanwhile Prambanan stood next to main road and stood for admiration even after no longer functioning,

Why are there practically no sources at all about Indonesia, especially Dutch Indonesia?

Srivijaya =/= Sailendras

The Sailendras were a Javanese dynasty of Medang, a branch of which eventually also came to rule Srivijaya.

There's actually almost no architecture at all from Srivijaya aside from a few undecorated brick towers.

>Shailendras>Sanjayas
Both were Javanese.

>Buddhism>Hindus
Both were practiced in Java.

>Borobudur>Prambanan
Both built by Javanese.

>indonshit
Sumatra, the only place where Malays actually accomplished anything, is in Indonesia.

>Far away from the actual location of majapahit
It's right beside Bali where the Majapahit aristocracy fled too. It was written in Old Javanese during the lifetime of the king it was written about. I don't know what the hell you're trying to say here.

>the scrolls itself seems like some poet wankery over his own "majapahit" fan fiction
So like every royal chronicle ever written. There's a big difference between reading a source critically and claiming that everything written in it is a lie based on nothing but your feelings. We have a royal chronicle, dating from Majapahit's 14th century zenith, which gives us a list of the empire's vassal states. You don't have to take everything in it literally, but there's no reason to think it was just made up. Foreign visitors also clearly saw Majapahit as the hegemon of the region.

>Considering the only physical legacy left by majapahit is only an insignificant arch in the middle of rice paddy.
You're an utter retard if you believe that.