What's the worst loss you've made, Veeky Forums? No need to go into too much detail

What's the worst loss you've made, Veeky Forums? No need to go into too much detail.

Mine was putting a year and $25,000 of my own savings into a business that ended up making basically nothing. Really good learning experience, though. Learned a lot about maintaining a large software project and prioritizing things (mostly through lots of little failures).

i lost like $400 of my profits on ETC after i got greedy and bought in at 42

But thats the name of the game

about 6 months ago i put money into DUST, roughly $3000 worth

DUST is a gold mining shorting etf. Aka- the more gold goes down in price the more the etf is worth

i havent sold it cause its so low right now there would be no point. the shares i have are worth like $180 at this point. A $2800 loss

I bought MGT

thought McAfee is some software wizard, unfortunately I read about him after going in. Fucking crackhead lost me $10k

blowing 2400 on amazon
i was a cuck so no one can blame me

>DUST is a gold mining shorting etf. Aka- the more gold goes down in price the more the etf is worth
Why would you ever invest against gold

Why would you ever bet against the housing market?

Same, lost €150 on ETC.

Only started doing stock/crypto stuff around December so haven't lost much and am ever so slightly in the green.

cause for the last 10 years the price of gold was steadily declining

McAfee didn't lose you anything lmao. You lost it yourself.

Is that what you looked like when you lost all your money?

$50k in student loan debt. I would do anything to go back in time and pick a trade instead of college.

What'd you buy it at? If you had just waited it went back up and will go back up again.

I lost ten years being a musician.

Breitburn

Bad times.

the price of gold doesn't really change,

the value of currency changes in relation to gold.

I just paid off the last of my student loan a few weeks ago. Feels amazing. My kids are going straight into trades

Baited by dividend?

Bought $30k worth of ProShares UltraShort Real Estate (SRS) shares in 2008.

I fell for the ETC meme and bought ~50 btc worth when it was at 56

What kind of software were you attempting to build ? Did you fail because it had no real use or because the management was messy ? or ... ?

£200 / 100% loss on LOIL a leveraged WTI ETF.

A slow death by time decay. Lesson learned.

Made 7000 euro on going long on gold about the same time period. Your loss is my win famalam dingdong