I know this is a bit off topic, but I need your help

I know this is a bit off topic, but I need your help

How do you STAY MOTIVATED all day everyday ?

I am highly educated, live in Paris, and have a pretty well paid first job but when I get back home I just play vidyagames or go to the bar. I feel like I'm just wasting my potential, as I juste started a company aside but don't invest enough time in it

What are your tips to do not falter ?

I'll give you mines

shameless bump

cocaine, adderall, testosterone treatment.

Ahah, I'd rather something that works on the long run and don't ruin my health

For example I noticed that dividing my global goals in small chunks make them easier to reach

Honestly, the only way i dont flip shit at people is when im buzzing from energy drinks and b-12 complex. That shit gives you a buzz comparable to a 10mg Addy. But dont take more then like...40kmg of b12 a day or youll get crazy bad acne

Thank you, I'll try this

Besides supplements / drugs, do you see any habits to stay motivated and don't be a lazy ass ?

Such as going to the gym, following a working schedule, or waking up early ?

Thank you

I work in fast food, but no. Everyone that does a decent job does supplements and or drugs.

getting my motivation out of Veeky Forums motivation and mirin threads.

95% of the posts in these threads are garbage. over the course of month you can gather pretty cool stuff and storys which are realy a motivation.

Also, dedication is waht you want, with a bit if motivation from time to time.

work out and jack off (or get laid preferably).

Remove distractions from your goals from your life. Replace video games and drinking with reading and exercise. Start by removing distractions from your house by selling/donating/disabling them, then wait until you are literally so fucking bored that you start reading educational books just to have something to do with your time.

Thank you anons, I'll try these

I already go to the gym three times a week, but I don't read enough

My goal is also to learn a new skill this semester

The hardest part so far is staying motivated when I crash at home after a 10-12 hours day of work

After getting laid / jacking off I feel blank and can't do shit for two hours

Remember this:
there is no such thing as Procrastination, motivation and all that psycho bullshit. If something needs to be done it needs to be done. The only thing that exists are 2 "voices" in your head: one is pushing you for "instant gratification" and the other is the one you should always hear and only that one, because that one will say to you to start doing what needs to be done. After realizing it, it will not be just a voice, before even hearing it you will just get up and get shit done.

That's inspiring, thank you user

Drugs

Can anyone help me?
I'm 25 and I basically don't find any reason to stay on this world anymore.
I've reached the goals I've set (bought houses for my mom and 2 sisters) I've settled their lives so they can work calm and not worry about money.

And I have no idea what to do from now on, I'm working hard (atleast 80 hours a week) making good money, actually this is my first day off in 3 weeks I think, can't really remember.

And I don't really see a point of going on.
Getting a girlfriend is not really an option since I'm incapable of feeling love/attachment or whatsover to anyone.

When my father passed away, I didn't feel anything.I forced myself to cry just because I did not want to hurt my family.

Sometimes when I feel lonely, I find comfort in hiring call girls overnight, drinking, cocaine and things that the general public seem to enjoy.
Sometimes works as a painkiller, I seem to forget about the emptiness, but shortly after that all comes back.
No motivation, no purpose of living, just me being a robot.

How does one find a passion? How do I get emotions?

I also had a similar type of feeling after constant use of nootropics; does this apply to you at all?

I'd recommend

1. Reading philosophy, such as Plato etc. You can start THOUGHTS FOR MYSELF of MARC AURELIUS. The aim of philosophy is finding a goal in your life

2. Talking about it with a professionnal

3. Taking a break in your work and go travelling around the world, Into the wild style
You appear to be able to bounce back when you come back home

If you're rich, try a bunch of different drugs. There's thousands of drugs out there and you can buy them all online. That's my reason for living

Appreciate the recommendations mate.
Can't find the exact book, are you talking about the Meditations?

Talking to a professionnal is not an option, I rarely share anything to anyone. I enjoy having conversations and sharing here, but not in real life.

Tried speaking to multiple "proffesional" instances over the phone, but I'm not really impressed by their generic questions and answers.

Maybe taking a break would be good. Don't really find a reason to travel, but it might help.

I've nothing against drugs, but my opinion is that they're for loosers. Sorry mate.

I think you've caught up with nihilism.
My way out of this was to start smiling more and talking to more people, which gradually changed the general atmosphere around me into a happier, more emotionally driven way of life. The goal is to be ignorant, as it leads to a better life.

do bungee jumping, parachute jumping. The first time you are doing these your body will prepare for death. You will believe yourself that you will die soon. After that you will see the world with different eyes.

if not then you can still kill yourself.

Find a good girl. Don't give me that I cant love anyone bullshit because I used to think the same and then I found my current gf and I've been loving herbsince even though I thought I was incapable. You're not some meta-human. You're a regular someone who has the same needs as someone else and that includes someone special. I'm not saying to make her your purpose to live.

Be in denial

I think that there are two ways to deal with Nihilism, which is due to the fact that you are smart enough to ask yourself questions but not wise and combative enough to seek and find answers

First, you can indeed try to put a blanket on all these questions and lower your intellect. That's the path most people chose. You'll quickly become happier, but it's a shallow, fragile thing

The other way is tougher and imply short term wanderings but guarantee a richer experience of life. It requires to adress your questionning through reading philosophy and talking with intelligent friands. But indeed, you need to open Pandora's box first

Cognitive behavioral therapy

>How do you STAY MOTIVATED all day everyday?
You don't.

>What are your tips to do not falter ?
That you shouldn't try.

You should work even when you're not motivated. Motivation is a self help sales word with no sensible application in business and life in general. If anything, motivation is what you get after you work on something for long enough.

You should not aim to avoid failure, you should aim to succeed in as little time as possible, which often means failing fast and hard undreds of times instead of succeeding at a few pointless endeavors.

I get this thing of failing fast and often, as it's the mantra of the startup incubator my company is in

Nevertheless, it hardly apply to one's daily life behavior

applies*

I have no fucking clue OP. I have an existential crisis and an organisational existential crisis.

You know what the first involves but the latter is related to method. It is fueled by the limitless amount of self help and pop psychology. "Divide hour goals up in to pieces" "Use checklists" "Don't use checklists because you'll do pointless stuff to check them off" "Stay busy and do lots of stuff" "Have a completely empty schedule and lots of free time"

Stop relying on motivation to get shit done. It's fickle. It won't help you when you're in a bad emotional state, or it becomes inconvenient, or you change your mind.

Focus on cultivating discipline and building habits. Habits are what will get you to do X automatically and without needing to think about it. Discipline is what will get you to do X by making a conscious realization that it needs to be done. Forget about this motivation trash. Successful people make their work habitual.

>Nevertheless, it hardly apply to one's daily life behavior
It applies a hell of a lot more than motivation.

Misconception of motivation is one of the single biggest problems I see on Veeky Forums /adv/ and /b/ day in day out. Motivation is never a requirement to work, accomplish goals or get shit done.

That's true, thank you anons that helps a lot, I must focus on discipline and building habits

It reminds me this quote from Aristotle : "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."

I'd advise to take a step aback. A few months ago I was feeling shallow and empty.

I went hiking alone aroung the "Mont Blanc" (highest peak in Europe) with only a tent and few goods. It allowed me to put things in perspective and think about what I wanted to do with my life.

Doing things without actually knowing why is a dangerous path imo

Find common ground with your play and work. Play games that relate to work, go to bars that serve people who work in same field etc. Why not have both user.?

Nice ID. Stop working so much, seems you could be using work to put off working on yourself. Just do shit, hiking, spiritual retreat, sky diving , it doesn't matter. Just something new to shake it up. If that fails, you can always work on getting me a house. Good luck.

I'd advise to take a step aback. A few months ago I was feeling shallow and empty.

I went hiking alone aroung the "Mont Blanc" (highest peak in Europe) with only a tent and few goods. It allowed me to put things in perspective and think about what I wanted to do with my life.

Doing things without actually knowing why is a dangerous path imo

OP on phone here

I work in a public field related area and I am playing Civ & Starcraft, am I doing this right ? Lel

Yet I appreciate the bar idea a lot, thX user

Hijacking this thread.

I feel burned out (almost as if I'm unable to have new ideas or learn new stuff) from my current job. I've been on vacation for about a week (staying at home doing shit basically) but this shit still hasn't improved. Wat do?

>I'll give you mines
No thanks, they're clearly not working.

Psychadelic drugs like lsd, dmt, or psylocibin can do a person wonders

lol no. They are for fun and nothing more.