Why didn't the Americans or the British stop Gaddafi from taking power from their ally king Idris?

why didn't the Americans or the British stop Gaddafi from taking power from their ally king Idris?
couldn't they have stopped him considering they had bases there?

bump

Because he had control of the military. USA was busy in Vietnam, UK was busy finding more colonies to lose.

but they had bases in tripoli and even one american had held gaddafi at gun point and could've killed him but they retreated..
I mean they were just 70 men

You don't just intervene in a coup, it will just make the situation worse and more bloody.

The US didn't intervene in Turkey last week either.

Gaddafi was the best thing to happen to Libya

"Into fuck Libya up"? Gaddafi was the greatest ruler and leader of Lybia in centuries, pulling the country out of misery and improving it in virtually all social aspects.

Clearly, whomever made that image is a mindless ignorant moron.

The only man capable of unifying the various tribal factions. It was widely predicted that without him the country would fall apart in factional fighting and so it has come to pass.
If European and US people who had worked in Libya (e.g.oil production) whilst he was in power could see this, why couldn't US and European Governments?

This

This count for all Ba'ath leaders we have seen (with Sadam being the most incompetent), too bad muslims and americans are stupid

>I saw an infographic on /pol/ that said the Libyan government gave out free money, cookies and blowjobs to everyone, so it must be true.

Everyone except the mentally retarded agree that Gaddafi was a great leader, you lose

>Libya was not the Norway of Maghreb
what's so hard to believe about bread and circus

>all of the Baath run countries descended into civil war
>must be America's fault

>break military dictatorship
>wonder why guns and soldiers don't stay put

yes america supported all of these civil wars thats why

Excuses are like assholes.

I eat them for breakfast.

Such a great leader, yet the entire country turns to absolute anarchy the very second he was removed from power.

Why would all these warbands and gangs start up and fight each other when Gaddafis way was so much better and apparently univerally loved and successful?

>Hey Ahmed, Gaddafi is dead! Should we set up a new government in the image of the old one and fight to reinstate it?
>Nah, lets go down the street and fight with some other guys over who gets the best locations and contacts to people smuggle

Muslims are fucking retarded that's why they don't have democracy, because their leaders know they can't make decisions

Objectively, the Ba'ath improved the middle east, muslims just don't see this all they see is a magical murderous sky fairy

Ataturk model best model.

100% agree, but Turks are fucking retarded and are rather ruled by some stinky islamist roach

this is why muslims don't deserve democracy

That's what the constant coups are for.

This one failed, unfortunately, but the worst case scenario is still only about as bad as the average Muslim government.

Egypt has had better luck making it work.

Nice projection, retard.

It is noteworthy that in both Iraq and Libya, the turn from relatively normal society to total civil war mayhem is instant. The dictator is gone and they're not even sharpening their knives to go cut off their neighbours face. The knives were already sharpened, waiting ready to go.

No waiting around to see what happens. No slow build up of resistance movements agains the invader spilling out into splinter groups fighting each other. Just bam, staight into hacking each other up.

Adbullah stole a goat from Muhammed 70 years ago, and Muhammed grankids were waiting and ready to go and get those bastards the very second an opportunity presented itself.

Didn't the last coup in Egypt make the country more islamist?

They're not excuses, you mentally impaired moron; they're fact. It is fact that Israel, and USA, primarily, plotted and carried out the coups in Lybia, and Iraq, not to mention in several other countries elsewhere.

No, the second to last one did.

There were protests to implement democracy, so the Egyptian military unseated the dictator and held elections.

The guy that got elected was a complete dipshit.

So there were even bigger protests to get rid of him.

Then the Muslim brotherhood, whose guy got ousted, started protesting and the military just shot all of them, to the thunderous applause of pretty much everyone.

>you see, it isn't that my hypothesis is wrong
>it's because
>incidentally, if you don't accept my claim without evidence, it's because you're too naive to know how the world REALLY works

>its a fact because my dank maymays said so

>fuck libya up
Libya was the wealthiest nation in Africa.
I wish he could come to my country and fuck it up properly.

So the first one you are talking about happened in 2011 right?

Not the user you're replying to, but yes, that was in 2011 as part of the Arab Spring protests.

because I'm Libyan and I cringe everytime I see people saying he gave out free money which is false
after taking down an authoritarian regime that repressed everyone to the point of not knowing what democracy is even and not even having delegation having everything rely on him ofc the country will turn into chaos but it won't last forever

oil moneys really
he didn't even bother improving our other resources that go from iron gold to uranium
we didn't get any of that money and it legit was north korea tier
i hope your wish comes true tho and you live in an authoritarian government