/bdog/ Black Desert Online General

Horses from hell edition.

>What is BDO?
Black Desert Online is an MMORPG by Pearl Abyss that was recently released for western audiences, with additional changes. It's a sandbox MMORPG that features action-oriented combat, open world PVP territory control, trading, player housing, and more.
Info from the site: i.imgur.com/r7VvB6h.png

>Discord
discord.gg/0vYcIJNhxt5cd4pK (join at your own risk)

>/bdog/ guilds
pastebin.com/eagGG3KB

>Guides
pastebin.com/VH3XrCYb

>Maps and nodes
blackdesertfoundry.com/map/#4/-8.89/-25.22
blackdeserttome.com/map/
bdomap.mmoguild.org/

>Useful Links
Wiki: blackdeserttome.com/wiki/BDO_Tome
Database: bddatabase.net/us/
Skill Calculator: blackdeserttome.com/calculator
Class Armor Sets: wodox.imgur.com/
Else: Google it before posting

>BDO KR/JP info + differences between NA/EU
pastebin.com/P2YqnsCX

Previous thread:

sardine

sardine

sardine!

waifus

>sardine shitbombs the thread before it even gets on its feet

You mean sardine keeps the thread on its feet?

just let it die instead of attentionwhoring your irrelevant clique

>tfw still haven't joined a guild
speaking of which someone recommended spaghetti in this thread but they're a top guild on the leader board, would they even accept someone below requirements?
I should probably just join a leveling guild with no requirements and call it a day.

I think you'd fit right in with spaghetti considering you're too afraid to ask them lmoa

>afraid
well it very clearly states they have an ap/dp requirement so why would I bother them when I don't meet it

Why are you considering it then? Regardless I doubt they're gonna junt you down if you ask.

>junt
I live in a rural neighborhood what is this

It's a phone keyboard typo.

well what did you mean to type then
and the only reason I considered it is because someone from the thread recommended the guild even though I mentioned I was new

It was meant to be "hunt" as h is right next to j.

That looks so cozy.

built for giant breeding

>decide screw it few more bucks won't hurt
>buy pet
>no longer have to spam R
>cat won't stop meowing
>find myself screaming "shut the fuck up you stupid cat" at the screen
On the brightside I get to stare at this qt face all day

So why is the voice acting and dialogue atrocious in this game?

You chose the worst example to support your argument as your image lmao

ctrl+u

ctrl u

I did? Felt out of character for him to say that. But regardless many things sound robotic.

Excluding black spirit kun

So at what level should I focus on upgrading my equips past +5? Sort of short on money if I constantly spend it on the upgrade stones that cost 300k each

Wait until you hear the storage manager in Heidel, he's going to make you want to stab your ears.

MONEY COMES AND GOES. IT'S AN ETHEREAL THING.

NYAHAHAHHAHA

>have hobbit race
>have dwarf race
>have furry race
>you can't play as any of them

Yeah the voice acting is horrible in general but dwarves sound the best imo.

The woman who voices Owen the female half elf is the same voice actor for the main character of the game Folklore
It has to be

Don't buy the stones, you'll get enough just playing the game.

If you say so
I did end up investing 5 stones in the wrong piece of armor unfortunately. Currently wearing 2 pieces of fortuna for the luck, hopefully I'll get more drops.

Buy p2w underwear and affix a luck gem into your subweapon, that's all you need. You easily get permanent luck boosts just from getting titles ie. playing the game.

>just from getting titles
I didn't know titles gave any stats
What's the luck gem called?

>Tfw the game seems severely lacking in all other aspects but enjoy it solely for its battle system and PvP
Hmmm

magic gem of perfection or something

you get bonuses for having certain numbers of titles

I wouldn't say it's severely lacking in exploration, life skilling or waifu creation at all.

The boss loot mechanics are so utterly retarded. Mindblowing that this shit still isnt fixed.

spaghetti is not in a good situation.
a lot of their top pvp players left and took a bunch of people with them. guild halved in population.

if you want a vg guild on edan sadly your only choice is ic and they are far from perfect

Magic Crystal of Perfection

>if you want a vg guild
Not necessarily, they're just easier to join usually. I don't even know what I'd do in a guild. I just only now hit level 30 (3rd day playing) since I've been fishing and I'm a blader so not sure if I'd get invited even when I reach endgame.

I want to undo the strap on piggy's dress and lick the side of her body from her toes to her armpit in one extensive motion

id try. having a guild really helps at level50+

I bet. I'll have to look for one without that ap/dp requirement

Tell me how IC is far from perfect. Also tell me what perfect is.

How so?

Scrolls maybe.

Dumb name

I don't have the game, watching and waiting to hopefully get it soon, so I have no idea what scrolls do.
I'm having a hard time finding benefits to being in a guild though.

They summon bosses that require a party to kill

They're best done in full parties since everyone gets loot from the boss.

Guilds also give permanent skill bonuses while you're in the guild and you can get a daily payment of silver from the guild. There's also the social aspect of coruse.

>social aspect
reeee
Not worth it desu

You don't have to socialize if you don't want to but you'll be gimping yourself if you're not part of one.

Are there good rewards beyond just combat stuff?

See, the skill bonuses don't sound huge and I'd imagine the guilds that offer good silver benefits also tend to require more from the member.
The social aspect is alright, but I'd be weary of someone getting into a thing with another guild and having that issue to deal with.

Every guild offers the same silver, the amount goes up with your guild activity which is basically playing the game and/or doing guild quests.

Oh, I thought silver was generated through the guild itself in that the guild had to work to make money rather than the game generating it.
That definitely raises the appeal of guilds for me, so long as I can find one that doesn't require a ton from me when I can get the game.
I imagine guild quests benefit the guild in some way in addition to earning me more money?

Yes, the guild has to make money through guild quests, but the amount you can receive from the guild into your personal funds every day is dependent upon your guild activity. So if you don't play a lot you won't receive a lot either, no matter what guild. Savvy?

Guild quests give the guild funds and a lot of guild skill xp that is used for guild skills like those permanent buffs I talked about, and give you a lot of activity. Guild skill xp is also generated very slowly while gaining very slow activity through normally playing the game.

Yeah, that makes more sense.
I was under the impression that joining a guild was basically the leader getting to make their own contract and it basically being "If you do enough of X in Y period, you get Z gold" with X being killing so many enemy guild people, providing so much of a resource, etc.
I figured many guilds would be all "Donate a fish a week, get a silver" kinda thing.

Oh and the guild master can still decide to pay you less if he wants to lol

active and well coordinated and actually does guild missions. arent ic like rank 179 or someshit

So I've tried to tough it out and my shit PC just can't seem to handle any large scale PvP. Do I just quit now or try and enjoy the game still?

Make your own goddamn decision. Do you like other aspects of the game?

They did any work on optimisation since release?
My PC could handle everything at 60fps on Medium but went straight to 20fps with horrible stuttering when I reached the capital and no tweaking would fix it.

Nope.

I like them enough it got me this far I guess. Just a shitty feeling being sidelined while all the cool stuff happens I suppose.

This thread is shit, and IC is shit. When will Veeky Forums unify their guilds into one?

Wait, what's there to unify again?

The actor responsible for this guy knew exactly what he was doing and had a lot of fun with it. I wonder if any of it was intended by the writers.

Rank 179 doesn't sound all that bad

I can't come up with a surname. Help.

Yep, game's dead.

Use your usual nickname in games for that.

>using the same nick in multiple services

>has to change name everytime he plays something else

>can be easily tracked and stalked in different games/communities

Here we see an example of a tinfoil hat wearer with social anxiety in its natural habitat the anonymous imageboard Veeky Forums. See how unreasonably afraid it is? Marvelous, isn't it?

I've used the same name since around 2009
It does attract people who stalk you and harass you

but the pros outweigh the cons so

>caring about some random guy following you

Like what kinda people lmao what's the worst they can do and why would they do it lol

>Holyshit this game looks amazing
>That character detail
>Those graphics

Unfortunately:
>Korean
>MMORPG

Straight into the trash

I guess you guys hate having fun in games. Korean mmorpgs are your answer I guess.

>autoloop to run around two bridges with trade item on back
>wake up to find it disconnected
>log in to see how much str levels
>maintenace
is it finally time lads? will dead game rise for 3 days before dying again?

Thanks, but this is not the time we need bumps yet. Come back like 4 hours ago or so.

>he hasn't tried it
game is gr8

>game looks amazing
>he doesn't even try to mention the fucking grinding system
I would rather grind quests than grind quests AND monsters. But that's what the Pearl shop is for

I've spent over 300 on subs anyway and 500 on league of legends

I think they're like 130ish last time I checked.
Not bad at all considering there's probably 1000's of guilds

As soon as I grew tired of that black piece of shit interrupting my gameplay. Decided to uninstall and never install again.

Charge back, too
Don't let Daum keep your shekels

>not liking black spirit kun
He's real husbando material unlike Jordine who turned out to be a disappointment.
>You're welcome here as long as you're not from Calpheon

o shit boyos

>corrupted file
>checking all 33gb
Thanks. If I have to redownload the game and miss a Boss Armor buyout ill recharge all my money via Paypal.

hey me too

me too

>corrupt file found
>have to spend an hour checking files now before I can begin downloading

me too

Is there a new patch going out today or something don't want to encounter this