/nintyg/ - Nintendo General: how did we die the day after E3 Edition

This is a general for the discussion of Nintendo consoles and games released on them
Previous:
Tags: /3dsg/, /wug/, /smm/, /mk8g/, /ptg/ moved to >Important News
「!」Rhythm Heaven Megamix is **AVAILABLE NOW**: youtube.com/watch?v=B-4YoppQ6NM
「!」The Legend of Zelda - Breath of the Wild announced: youtube.com/watch?v=1rPxiXXxftE
「!」"NO FEMALE LINK" says Eiji Aonuma: gamespot.com/articles/why-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-wont-have-a-female-he/1100-6440862/
「!」New Pokémon announced for Sun/Moon; Battle Royal mode announced: youtube.com/watch?v=9Ojd6FzTaEM
「!」Ever Oasis - New Nintendo RPG IP announced: youtube.com/watch?v=1fsPHrBtzAw
「!」Paper Mario Color Splash release date announced: youtube.com/watch?v=hZTUYjNMACw
「!」Mario Party Star Rush announced: youtube.com/watch?v=MEX7BfZpad8
「!」Dragon Quest VII release date announced: youtube.com/watch?v=VeInFdxmq3g
「!」New Breath of the Wild amiibo announced: youtube.com/watch?v=BzMJPRvGD6E
「!」Wolf Link amiibo gives you a Wolf Link companion in Breath of the Wild: youtube.com/watch?v=1CfFnLoiLqk
「!」Mario series amiibo Wave 2 announced for Nov 4th; Daisy, Waluigi and glow-in-the-dark Boo confirmed among others: ign.com/articles/2016/06/14/e3-2016-daisy-waluigi-boo-amiibo-announced-alongside-new-mario-series-amiibo

>Upcoming Releases
3DS - pastebin.com/qwQmYjVi
Wii U - pastebin.com/XB4cCXw0

>New 3DS XL vs 3DS XL Comparison
nintendo.com/3ds/features/compare#/compare-3ds

>amiibo Compatibility Chart
amiibochart64.files.wordpress.com/2016/05/amiibo-igcc-9.jpg

>Discord chat
discord.me/nintyg

Disclaimer: Ignore every post by babt, you know "xcx is shit, 3ds is for babies, w101 is mobile shit, jap shit, NX will be VR, usa #1" and things alike

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ahMRnlWf2P0
youtu.be/X3oUEzLEdkQ
technobuffalo.com/2016/06/17/nintendo-teases-a-new-kind-of-mario-for-next-year/
youtube.com/watch?v=Aj8K2ifxkjU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>switch computers for an hour
>everyone forgets to post
epic really epic

Cute!

is that sword kirby?

So I just found Rhythm Thief was co-developed by a no name developer named Xeen, and googling them only gives me some obscure JP only phone games.
Also the /v/ wiki is absolutely awful who even updates that now.

Do I need to play VLR to play ZTD? I played 999 but haven't played VLR because I hear there's some game breaking save error on the 3ds.

Yes it is

Probably yes, ZTD is more of a direct sequel from VLR than VLR is to 999, don't worry, play the game, just don't save on escape rooms.

Yes it's absolutely necessary to play it. Yeah unfortunately there is a save bug, you should be able to avoid it if you don't save in room escape sections and you don't save in the PEC at all (and to be completely sure, don't save in the Crew Quarters). It's a weird bug that they couldn't patch because they couldn't find exactly what caused it, but there was something about it being more likely to happen if you played in long sessions.
Or you could just get it digitally and regularly backup your save.

I stopped messing with the /v/ wiki ever since some tool sabotaged the Xbox One page for no reason.

What's the best 3ds usb charger?

I couldn't really get into X/Y do you think i'll like sun/moon coming out? im tempted to buy a pokemon game again might get alpha/omega or just wait idk

Oddly enough, Sun and Moon look like they're gonna be good games, GF usually do good games for their second generation on the same console.

Masuda stepped down from directing S&M, so perhaps.

On the other hand it's being directed by Shigeru Ohmori, who was the director of ORAS, which quite a few people didn't care for.

I personally believe that Gen 6 was just a fall from grace due to hardware transition, I think that with most of the busy work out of the way (i.e. over 700 new models) they have more time time to focus on the structural elements of this generation and competent presentation, cause what they've shown so far genuinely looks incredible. Might be wishful thinking but I'm pretty damn excited every time they show off footage for this game.

In any case this new region looks a lot more dynamic than Kalos.

is sun and moon going to be 3d? to what extent? are they going to half ass it again, like they did with xy and oras?

After playing the new Rhythm Heaven I can kinda get why they don't do well over in the West.

Well the world looks 3D.

So with this E3 sale going on it says you'll get 10% extra off if you're a my nintendo member
I signed up but all of the titles are still at there original price, do I just have to wait or something or is it only for a couple of the titles

nevermind, theres a delay in the price updating

aw man

>Tokyo mirage sessions gets announced
>decide i'll try to get it a shot despite all the jpop and idol stuff because I want to support localization of stuff we wouldn't normally get
>see the treehouse stream
I don't remember the last a game made me cringe
Despite the gameplay looking cool all those cutscenes had me dying a little inside

Mario Vs Donkey Kong: Miniland Mayhem had this song for the world 3? boss level that I always thought was catchy. But I could never find a rip of it anywhere.

But I just found out that Level 7 on Mini Mario & Friends: Amiibo Challenge has a remix of it. Nice, is there a set of levels it also plays on?

The yoshi island remix and luigis mansion one aren't too bad either.

Please share why. Im still debating whether to get it or not. I still havent played the previous installments if that affects any.

Also I dont want to be shovel knight'd anymore. I bought a digital then there came a physical later on.

I mean I don't have any actual criticism for the game, just observations, I'm a scrub when it comes to rhythm games.

All of the mini-games are very simple in concept, so at the cost of that the game becomes very unforgiving about being frame perfect with each rhythmic press. There are a few games where if you screw up the sequence at the beginning, the entire cycle is off rhythm and get harsh point reduction for it.

It's not impossible to beat though, if you're stuck on a game some guy will ask you to pay three coins so you can clear it and progress.

Beyond gameplay the art direction's kind of weird in a...Not-weird way. It's not Japanese zany but some guy will have a car on his head or a girl will have a donut head and that's about it, nothing stands out in an over-the-top fashion despite being blatantly goofy, it's very microgame in design.

Alright. Thanks!

did they cancel federation force or what? they spent an entire day on zelda and did segments on Dragon Quest which is just a remake and couldn't be bothered to shill one of their first party summer releases?

i am genuinely curious to see more gameplay before i decide to shitpost and bitch about it

>linking to the WRONG previous thread
you fucking monkey

real previous thread: Seriously? I really enjoyed the demo. I'll probably pick it up when my next paycheck comes.

a 20 minute long gameplay video was uploaded to youtube a couple months ago
it looks better, but still pretty shit.

Like I said earlier I don't have any real criticism for Rhythm Heaven, it's a cool game, but I just "get" how it hasn't really caught on over here.

Is it a one button game/touch screen only game?

Some mini games use two buttons but most of them are one button/tap. (you can alternate between using face buttons or using your stylus)

Look how happy they are

Why is this thread so dead?

Wish I had more Amiibo to make this worth it.

you need 9 thats $108 plus tax. unless you can get them for bargain i say whew.

How many do you currently have?

it's late and somehow everybody's gotten the E3 discussion out of their system.

And our biggest game right now is a niche rhythm title

Peach, Diddy, Bowser and Sonic.

youtube.com/watch?v=ahMRnlWf2P0

Nintendo is BACK baby

>polygon

Did they confirm if Breath of the Wild will be on NX or not?

Yes. They're pulling a twilight princess

honestly kinda wish they do that with every zelda so you get two zeldas por system and dint miss out too much if you wanna skip a system.

they cucked gamecube owners by releasing the Wii version first so you got all the good stuff spoiled anyway

they should be simultaneous.

If they release it simultaneously than fanboys won't buy the new console on day one, that's the point of releasing two versions of the game, make it enticing for people to buy a new system instead.

Most Wii owners that didn't like the system will tell you they bought it for Twilight Princess, and i'll be extremely surprised if the NX version doesn't launch first.

i was speaking idealistically man. ;_;

>the obnoxious rolling world effect
what do you mean?

not him but
the whole world looks like a big log you walk around on. an effect thats not for everybody, i personally like it, it adds charm desu

youtu.be/X3oUEzLEdkQ
(its commentary free gameplay, youll see what he meant fairly quickly)

>Bought the Pokken controller along with Planet Robobot
>Dont actually feel like playing anything with it

>been playing the Wonderful 101
>Shit at the game, as to be expected
>but that style
>the crazy shit you can pull off using the unite morphs and then making the weapons fight independent of you

I've been getting gold awards so far at the end of the mission but christ this game is nuts

but remember, its mobile shit no matter what

good to hear youre liking it

I enjoy all of Kamiya's games, even if I'm terrible at them. I have to give credit to the team because they always structure their games in a way that even if you're shit you can still enjoy yourself and see it to the end.

It's just there's not a chance in hell I can hit that high level of play.

i love /nintyg/

eternally gaaaaaaaaay llol

What exactly can you use the Pokken controller for?

literally any one not rated 1 star in amazon

don't die

Should I buy Pikmin 3 or 2? I rented the original when I was a kid.

The answer to that question is the same as the one to "Did you like it?"

>b-but i want to know which one i should play
Both, make your own opinion

Is there any way to prove a n3DS has never been used before?

The closest thing is getting the system setup when you boot it, but it might as well just be formatted.

It was fun. I was very bad at it.

Pikmin 2 sounds neat, but if Pikmin 3 improved everything, it sounds like I can skip it fairly safely.

I'm mainly concerned about the controls. The Wii Pikmin 2 had like waggle, which I don't know if it was good or bad.

Is Boxboy good? What about Pushmo?

Iirc didn't rhythm heaven ds sell pretty well? Rhythm heaven fever only did poorly because it came out in the last year of the wiis life

Can someone explain the appeal behind pokemon to me? I remember playing red and gold verion as a kid on my older brothers game boy and although it was enjoyable it was never really anything incredible.

I tried a copy of x my friend lent me ages ago but i just got incredibly bored and went back to paper jam. Somone explain plos

My n3ds l button is fucked but i have an old broken 3ds with working shoulds does anyone know if i would be able to just take the flex cables from the old one and replace it in the new?

Go to ifixit and see

Yes definitely yes.

It's popular.

Did you buy bitcoin yet? We are going to be sideways in this 750$ pattern for a while now.

Buyyyyyy bitcoin!

It's not bad, but it isn't incredible either. Some Pokémon have good designs and stuff. The reason it's everyone is that it's popular, nothing more than that.

Pokemon is shit

Okay

Wake up, you're on page 10

So any word on when we might get more NX news?

I kind of want that, but I only have Zelda ones currently so it wouldn't really make sense.

Bump

technobuffalo.com/2016/06/17/nintendo-teases-a-new-kind-of-mario-for-next-year/

How do we "break the conventions" of Mario in a vein similar to Breath of the Wild?

Mario is already good.

Not a member of this general, but figured this might be an okay place to ask.

What's your feelings on the 2ds, nintyg

I'm looking to getting another 3ds but I don't really enjoy the systems I've tried.

>Normal 3ds
Like trying to hold a small match box with screens and serrated edges. I like the size, but those fucking edges hurt my hands.

>3DS XL
Like trying to play games with a brick with rounded edges.
I like the screen change, but the size and weight aren't all that comfortable.

Is there an accessory for any of the consoles that I'm missing out on, or is a 2ds my best bet?

We don't have members. Just people who play Nintendo games. Anyway, have you tried a n3DS?

But yeah, 2DS is fine for most stuff.

I have not, actually. I think I have a friend who has one, might ask him to try it out for a bit.

The 2ds looks real comfy though, like a big ol' gameboy advance. It also looks pretty light, to help avoid fatigue. And I mean, I can't use 3d because it hurts my eyes. So, am I really missing on anything, if I do get a 2ds?

I picked up a 2ds when the price dropped and I've been very happy with it
My only issue is lack of ports for new 3ds games like earthbound. If you don't have any interest in those games I would highly recommend it over the 3d gimmicks machines

>And I mean, I can't use 3d because it hurts my eyes.
Have you tried turning on that light option?

>New 3DS
Earthbound. Wow, I didn't know this was a thing, but I'm not buying a console to play a game ive been emulating on my phones and computers for years.

Also, I've already played Xenoblade so the New3ds doesn't really have appeal for games, at least to me. 2DS is looking like a real clean option, at the moment.

>light option
I don't know what that means.

youtube.com/watch?v=Aj8K2ifxkjU

Nintendo LITERALLY won with ONE game

qt as fuk

Oh wow, I thought Sea of Thieves won IGN's Best of E3, I saw the sticker on their booth.

How did they do it?

honestly only Rare's pirate game seemed fun while everything else was just scripted trailers and walking/talking simulators.

Also where was Crackdown?

I just grabbed 999 for 3DS, did I dun good?

>IGN

>999 for 3DS
It's for the DS.

kys

Why?

There is a little switch to turn off 3D. The only thing otherwise that a n3DS has is playing some games a bit better (faster, less frame drops) and amiibo support.

Your call of that is worth the extra money.

greater good

If you bought bitcoin mear hours ago ud have $10 more now. Think of how many sandwiches gor would stick up your ass for that kind of money

How would it improve anything?

I'd love a sandwich right now.