/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/General_problems_FAQ

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=16963.0
github.com/mupen64plus/mupen64plus-rsp-hle/pull/40
a.pomf.cat/hohklo.webm
board.byuu.org/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1138&start=10
gbatemp.net/threads/restoring-original-colors-to-gba-vc.427642/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Kindly don't let the fucking thread die with less than 5 post this time.

fuck you I won't do what you tell me

Well I'm going to sleep, good luck not dying here boys.

Finally turning summerfag tomorrow and am considering whether I want to celebrate by emulating Mole Mania or Metroid Zero Mission, or just say fuck it and keep playing the Dragon Quest VII remake like I've been doing these past three years.

Anyone else got a games lineup planned for their vacation?

Best shader

Thread, I give you life!

Quick, post shitfilters to keep the thread live.

What shader?

THE BEST

Hey guys, you excited to play the new Zelda game on Cemu when it comes out?

hyllian is better. this royale mess is destroying image quality.

No I will be playing it on my modded wii u.

Yes, CRT Royale is meant exclusively fort 4k. Downsampling is placebo and just fucks up the integer scaling. CRT-Geon, Lottes and Hyllian are all better for sub-4k. Lottes has the best bloom and shadowmask out of all of them.

i wouldnt use royale even if i had a 8k tv. hyllian is good.

How is RetroArch netplay compared to kaillera?

I want to try but I have no friends so i can't anyway.

You're fucking retarded. Like, holy fuck- you're so retarded that it's physically hurting me.

Please jump off the nearest cliff. Thanks.

Is LOST a good TV series?

Sorry. Meant to quote this sperg

not everyone likes smudgy, blurry, weirdly saturated tv screens

t. cuck who's never used Royale on a 4K screen

It uses a constant stream of savestates like GGPO, so it's very good and feels near lagless. But it's 2-player only, and the core has to support savestates.

it looks ugly. i prefer nearest neighbor or bicubic. those patterns and lines give me eye cancer

>i prefer nearest neighbor or bicubic
So you're just the epitome of shit taste. Got it.

i'm just not autistic. kek

Oh believe me, you are.

Thoroughly enjoyed it

Royale is so-so.

This looks nothing like how I played the game in 1999. I don't even know what this is supposed to be going for.

Eh, it's missing a little something.

It's almost as if every TV produced the same image.

Well now you ruined it

You wish you had taste this good.

Don't let /v/ see this and fuel their anti-Sony movement.

Does anyone know any Wii games that can be emulated easily without a Wiimote?

Another Code R

I-I actually like that look, but it's just a tad too intense for me. What's the shader name, oh tasteful bro?

Fuck if I know. I just posted them to see if it'd get a good reaction on emugen. I was browsing Qhimm, and some guy unironically posted these as if they were actually improvements.
forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=16963.0

Using PCSX2 (1.4.0) and GDSX4.1, which of these options puts less strain on the CPU and more on the GPU:
>increasing the rendered resolution
>adding MSAA through the plugin hardware hacks

I know in most PC games these are very GPU dependent processes, but as far as I'm aware almost everything eats through CPU cycles in emulators.

This is the particular game I'm trying to focus on right now, if any kind anons have experience emulating it and want to share their secrets. It runs smooth at 3x res but there's a bit too many jaggies for my taste.

Post screenshots of the game and your settings

Is xenia finally getting usable?

5 years away.

Talking about just XBLA games, not quite. Aside from random slowness and bugs, saving doesn't work for the vast majority of games.

If you insist.

>Summer vacation
Fuck, I wish I was that young again.

how do i fuse the two ps2 berserk .7z files together into a iso?

>Keep playing

You moonrunes?

Honestly you may just want to play that game in software mode. High resolution 3D assets on top of stretched low res pre-rendered backgrounds is actual eye cancer.

Wow, some guy sends a PR to M64p and no dev bothers to even respond or merge Smh..

github.com/mupen64plus/mupen64plus-rsp-hle/pull/40

Ayyyy

Lovely. The only Xbox 360 game worth playing is approaching emulatable status.

One of the best games on the N64 right here.

>Honestly you may just want to play that game in software mode.
Why not hardware mode at native resolution?

Software mode is far more accurate. 99% of PCSX2 issues can be solved by using it.

>Software mode is far more accurate.
Sure, but it's also far slower. And the accuracy gap between GL and software has been closing.

Then stick with hardware mode if you feel there's no difference other than speed on your machine for the specific game you're playing.

Can anyone explain what's is happening here? I have 8gb of ram but that's not the problem here. The textures are only 300mb. It does this with any game I've tried.

Even before I made the stupid decision to go back to school I had about a month off work in the summer, don't you ever get to wind down?

>You moonrunes?
Yeah, it's a pretty easy read. I hope the upcoming English language release will sell well enough to bring DQX to the west, but realistically it's probably just going to be pirated to hell and back, ultimately performing worse than the DS trilogy.

Are you a bad enough dude to beat med FF8 near the beginning of disc 2 playtime? Triple Triad and the various sidequests literally take forever.

That's fucking strange, I'd say search the bug reports and if not make one yourself

Got me wanting to boot up my PS1 tomorrow to check since I did a "perfect game" run. Don't think I have a save right at the start of disc 2 though.

Got a strange issue with Retroarch 1.3.4 and Windows 10

I cannot change the directory settings, all it does is that it flashes shortly. Normally it would change the path and go back into the settings

a.pomf.cat/hohklo.webm

Tried it on linux, works there, and also the 1.3.0 works on w10

The workaround is to manually edit the paths in the config with notepad/notepad+. I don't use Win10, so I can't help beyond that.

ye, already done that.

i could just use 1.3.0 instead of 1.3.4, there should not be that many important changes, right?

Does anyone know how well Timesplitters 2 emulates on Dolphin (for GC, obviously)?
I could do it for PS2, but I used to have the GC version so I'd prefer that if possible.

Is that Natalie Portman?

/v/...Who gives a nickel-plated fuck about /v/?

Piracy has nothing to do with why they won't port jRPGs to the West.

/emugen/, why are there no no-intro sets for the Atari 2600 and Intellivision?

Is Bliss good for Intellivision emulation?

>redump
>trurip
>tosec
>no-intro
>goodsets

Why can't they just work together?

From what I understand, many have conflicting goals. redump is for optical media only, for example, while trurip actually would like to have a pure rip of every fucking thing on the planet (but only their optical sets have gone anywhere). Goodsets wants to catalog every cartridge ROM ever dumped, regardless if it's even functional (bad dumps, in a word). No-Intro by contrast doesn't give a good goddamn about Lord Fucko of New Zealand's latest romhack he shat out of his backside; they only want the absolute purest ROM for any given game (even overdumps need not apply).

Then there are projects that are borderline defunct. GoodTools/GoodSets, for instance, apparently hasn't been seeing regular updates for a few years running now. And last I heard TOSEC had been completely subsumed by Trurip.

I don't even know about Darkwater. Is Darkwater still alive?

Nobody has bothered starting one basically.

If you wanted a whole set, you could just download the goodset and then use clrmame or whatever to separate out anything that's not good [!]

with 2600 there's so many pirate/bootleg carts where do you draw the line? Atari wasnt exactly keeping track

I decided to do just that.

board.byuu.org/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1138&start=10

"If you don't have a snake-oil adaptive sync monitor now, expect Higan to tear"

"No I won't use dynamic audio resampling because I can't code it and because i won't use other people's solutions since I cannot steal their copyright!!!!"

"No there is no fullscreen even though Alcaro and others point out there actually IS!"

Who should even continue using Higan honestly?

Higan and Byuu have been dead and buried for years now. I don't know why you even bother posting this shit here.

Alright guys, I need a bit of help with this

I recently found one of my old MAME discs (pic related) and it's got around 1,300 roms on it that I'd like to keep.
When I run MAME32, everything is fine until I get into a game, and the colors are all messed up, like the palette is off or something.
Is my system just too new for it? I've tried fooling around in Win7's compatibility mode options with no luck. I'll try and get a pic of the messed up colors

>Latest commit 95f3bab on Sep 12, 2015

Dead

You haven't been Reddit much then, where byuu is constantly asskissed.

Developers will intend this.

byuu deserves his fame because he was the one who popularized the whole cycle accuracy thing

without him you'd still use emulators that barely work and rely on hacks like zsnes, vba or epsxe

What are you even talking about.

Mupen64Plus is dead. Long live Frankenmupen, the one true Mupen64 fork

gbatemp.net/threads/restoring-original-colors-to-gba-vc.427642/

I don't think GBAtemp knows at all what it's talking about or doing here

What did you expect from a website filled with 13yo Nintendo kids and delusional furries?

I got this Wii that I almost never use and a PS3 controller. I heard retroarch works for it and all.

But is PS1 emulation still (and forever from now on) utter shit on that platform? I know it's sort of dead but I like the idea of playing on my old ass TV.

Trolling them with "piracy" is hysterical. Someone should do that to VOGONS as well, until they get off their asses and release DOSBOX 0.75.

To some extent ps2 games are always going to have some jaggies

PSX emulation will never be viable on the Wii. Maybe on the Wii U once we get an IOSU exploit, but never on the Wii

Is there any particular emulator that has better compatibility with Shenmue 1? I use NullDC by default, will that be alright?