/dbdg/ Dead by Daylight General #8

Old thread: It's a feature edition

>What is Dead by Daylight?
Asymmetrical Online multiplayer. 4 survivors scramble to fix 5 generators, while 1 killer wants to sacrifice all of them
>Sounds like evolve
It's not. Survivors have to avoid the killer at all costs, whereas the killer has to hunt for them. Everyone has their own objective.
>General info
Pastebin with most questions asked: pastebin.com/DDddy4uE (embed)
Pastebin with peek at what's in the full release in terms of levels: pastebin.com/FE58REXD (embed)
Pastebin with all of the values for Cheat Engine (perks/items/whatnot): pastebin.com/vCh6gxR6 (embed)
>Official site
deadbydaylight.com/
>Video of the thread
youtube.com/watch?v=JGhIXLO3ul8

Steam group soon if someone makes some shitty OC.

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/vOOUv
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Opening a closet to hide in and finding out Meg is in there!

first for claudette

>mfw a wraith let all 3 survivors escape solely so he could camp my body on a hook and and wail at it until I died

I need blood points as fast as possible, what do.

>Be killer in lobby
>See hacker
Time to close it and recreate :^)

All Wraiths do that. It's why the Wraith is the least fun killer to play against. Trapper can plant some traps and then walk away. So long as he doesn't go to the other side of the map he can come back in time to take out snagged survivors or replace the guy on the hook with his saviour. Hillybilly can sprint across the map and then come back quickly and interrupt heroics.

All Wraith can do is cloak and camp, and has the least pursuit capability, so every single Wraith camps like crazy. Whether people win against Wraith depends entirely on whether the team is smart enough to consider anyone hooked by Wraith to already be dead.

>hacker
How so?

It's impossible to get that far without hacks in it's current state.
>git gud
You can literally win as survivor, escape at the end and STILL lose a rank pip. It's literally impossible without cheats and exploits.

Even if they max out every single category?

>wraith with insidious perk
>hook a nerd
>bing bong the bell a little and stand still and watch
>someone plays hero
>uncloak, slap him

why yes the two for one special sounds great, what's the soup of the day

If you have insidious why even bother cloaking?

Tod do that you'd have to intentionally get caught and dick around the killer just to farm points, or have teammates intentionally let themselves get injured so you can heal them.
It's funny, the better you are at the game, the less points you get. Same goes for killer, killing the survivors too quickly or efficiently will leave you with less points. There have been multiple times where I've deranked as killer despite having killed every survivor. And I lose them because I apparently killed them too fast.

I've seen people open the exit, and then, even after everyone has escaped, go back to find the killer and fuck with him for more points. Not just taunting him outside the exit, but playing with him for some time.

Why the FUCK do random crows circle above me?

that's the point, ding the bell to make them think you're cloaking (doesn't interrupt insidious) and sit there and watch them try to go for the cheeky save

wraith is bad, but he's the most fun imo

That's so risky though, because if he catches you that's it, you'll de-rank.

You said uncloak though.

Rushiz is legit

played with him a bunch (as the killer, seems like i'm the only one capable of killing him since he's always gone up in rank each time i see him).

i mean he's not mlg pro but he'll always escape against any killer that isn't me apparently (and even then he's escaped me more than i've killed him).

>This faggot thought he was hot shit tea-bagging the hatch
lmao

Rushiz is rank 1 now

Are you standing in one place for too long?

If you are, you're a shitter and the crow goods are pointing you out for it.

brb reporting him
Really hope they do something about the hackers soon.

what do you even mean by hacking here?

you can't hack your ranks and he didn't transfer over his blood points from the beta since i played with him when he was rank 19 low level claudette

he just plays constantly.

Prove it by showing his profile.

this?

I'm honestly amazed these threads are still active

I figured this game would be niche as fuck and wouldn't have an audience, especially on Veeky Forums.

i grabbed someone last second too right as they entered the hatch (they were camping it letting there teammates die)

also Hillbillyo best killer.

Why lie?

I don't teabag killers

I know how frustrating it can get when you have a bad kill

Did you miss the part where they said you have to play around with the killer?

Unfortunately with the way the system works currently you're forced to actually interact with your team and killer, if you just ghost it you're pretty much fucked.

>chasing a guy around the map
>right on his heels, but I let him run so I can get those sweet hunter points
>he hops through a window
>I rev my chainsaw at him and run around
>he hops through again
>teabags
motherfucker do you honestly think I can't catch you

so you didn't get enough points

go juke the killer/save someone

the game literally does not care what you do in the game as long as you reach the point limits as survivor or killer

I've had three people escape as killer and gained rank

I've died as survivor and gained rank

escaping is not a win state it's just +5000 points.

Before the start of every match, I inform everyone of some basic communication tools

1) Not struggling on the hook means I'm safe for a rescue
2) Repeated mini struggles means I'm being camped, fuck off and get generators
3) If I'm in phase 2 and you're too far away, just get the generators. Especially if I alerted you previously about camping. I will struggle till the end to buy time.
4) If you do a full struggle, I will not rescue you.
5) If you or I are injured and I teabag while you're working on a generator, stop for heal before you complete the generator

These simple rules helps me communicate with my team. Too bad they're still idiots.

There have been reports of cosmetics being inside of mystery boxes. I wonder how true that is

waste of time since newbies or shitters will be so shit that none of that will make a difference and if you're playing with decent survivors they'll know when to heal/save/handle themselves just fine.

Ebin OC coming through

Tripwire

>Skill
Carries around 4 hard to spot wires attached to two rusted rods.

-The wire spans the width of a door or narrow passage

-Causes survivors but not killers to trip and stumble, slowing them down for a few seconds

-Addons add functionality to the wire. i.e. can hold a pallet down if a survivor tries to drop it.

-Can be 'attached' to a window. The animation places it a foot away from a window. Any survivor juking from wire to window goes face first into the edge and causes a sound bubble. Survivor is stunned for a second.

-Killer nerfs zerk for no reason instead of fixing his game

>Cons:

Can't be placed in open areas
Limited number
Doesn't incapacitate or injure

>Pros:
Harder to spot than bear traps
Quicker to set up
Addons allow you to outsmart pallet nerds
Stealthily counters windows

Posting my mad master plays.

I got this "hit 11 people out of cloak" ritual.

It's gay as fuck, Wraith is so fucking bad.

>do something similar once
>get jammed between killer and wall
>get fucking sliced

Guys, great idea here, what if Monstrous Shrine applied to ALL hooks?

Pretty sure the only cosmetics at the moment are the bloody versions of default, which you get for reaching max rank/level.

I am rank 11 as killer right now, wraith all the way. Seem to get a diamond every round. Although with the last survivor if I can afford to I cloak and uncloak in front of him repeatedly, you can max out devious blood points this way, that probably contributes some.

>Get higher shadowborne perk, field of view is slightly wider
>when cloaked you can see the edges of what your normal vision would be
>field of view is at least 20% more

Most OP perk so far, so many survivors try to do that trick where they run around a corner and crouch, and I can barely see them. IDK if it widens my red light though.

This happened to me today

Because of the camera angle on the killer perspective, he thought I was on the other side and he broke the palette to get through.

I was behind him the entire time and slowly walked away into some bushes. Never saw him after that.

Supreme nukes.

Killer is different. I'm 15 myself but killer is a lot easier to rank up than survivor.

this is the second time i've seen a killer idea that is basically bear traps but not as good

The thing about sidegrades is that it's hard to get a good balance without being a reskinned original or over/under powered.

Either way, I tried.

>know exactly where the hatch is
>sitting right on top of it
>survivor is already up to it and through by the time my decloak finishes

I'm pretty sure they didn't even playtest this crap.

>am tool box shitter taking down hooks and bear traps at speed of light
>Trappers sees this and makes bee line to me
>bait him into the juke house see him drop a trap at the window and loop to other side
>it was trap
>grabs me drops and just beats me to death
>he was rank two killer level 32

Have no words for this.

I once chainsawed a cunt running to it but he JUST touched it while incapped, which let him escape. Even if the killer guards it, the survivor will always have the upperhand.

Why is every survivor a teabagging shitlord?

>Incapped some tryhard teabagging faggot
>He miraculously stands back up and escapes
They seriously need to fix this shit.

If you want to be meta when it comes to the last two just knock them one down and hang the other. Turn your sound way up so you can hear the whimpers of the one on the ground.

If you cant find him just guard the hatch till he dies.

Female killer

W
H
E
N
?
!

God matchmaking is fucking shit right now. Why does it stop trying to find people for your room after like 3 minutes.

>tfw I literally have had no matachmaking problems in 15 hours of play
Not even one of those steam forum shitters who refuse to acknowledge game problems. Where are you guys located?

I would be for a medusa/witch type killer. When you look at her with the camera it zooms in on her face, she screams and slows you, if injured your paralyzed. Have her right click radius her terror radius to 0, but she goes at around half speed.

>3 level 10 survivors and a level 5
>catch 3 of them trying to repair a generator
>hook one of them and set a trap
>stand around the corner of the house and listen for them
>saviour gets trapped and the unhook one gets away
>hook the saviour and go around the corner of the house
>this ends up being the whole game
>hook kill 3 of them on the same hook
>left the last one to bleed out on the floor near it

Goddamn, the killer is so satisfying

Some guy posted a dwight cosmetic in the last thread which was basically the manager vest but blue instead of brown

>tfw you will never get hooked by a female killer
Why even juke?

>When you look at her with the camera it zooms in on her face

you played STALKER didn't you?

The devs seriously need to do something about the hackers, this shit is getting so fucking out of hand.

Why the fuck am I leveling down after won two games in row as a killer? Is this a bug?

You sure it's hacking? Because there are plenty of bugs that make it seem like hacking.

imgur.com/a/vOOUv
Hack that prevented me from picking her up, so she was able to crawl to the exit.

How many points did you get?

That is a known bug. Looks like she just got lucky. Usually it ends with them bleeding o

That's a bug user, I've gotten it too once.

I have no idea what causes it to be honest.

Killed three survivors and got around 8k both games. I lost a pip in each one.

whoops
*bleeding out because nobody can heal them or interact with them in any way

You need 10k points to get a diamond

Why do the devs refuse to fix it?

So I pretty much ranked down because I didn't get the last guy or hooked someone multiple times. Cool

You should be getting over 10k points with 3 dead, I have gotten over 10k with 2 dead and some shenanigans

Yeah you need to chase them around and beat them up. Let them heal themselves and beat them up again. Let them pull each other off the hooks. That's how you get a lot of points.

Alright spill the beans

How do i cheat

It's probably only a dozen of us actually posting in here. You can tell who certain fuckers are because they keep reposting their webms. Some of them were good for a first time watch, the others weren't worth whatever amount of time it takes to make them.

But for why the threads are so active it's just because the game is so good. Unlike most other competitive games and you know you're losing, you have to slog through the rest of the match unless you want some type of penalty.
This you can lose like thirty seconds in and can be in another match in the next thirty. Even though the game can be frustrating to the point that one retard in a previous thread saying he might break stuff the fact we can rapidly get another chance of that sweet taste of victory so quickly is what keeps us playing. It also helps that pretty much everything you do feels clutch in this game.

>Jukehouse the fuck out of a killer to distract him while your team mate escapes?
Clutch.
>Pull someone off a hook against a camper killer you stunned with a pallet?
Clutch.
>Repair a entire generator without the killer ever coming near you?
Clutch and wew I'm totally so stealthy.

I really shouldn't be leveling down though. It should at least stay the same.

They are jacking off at E3

I think you buy one of those helium tanks from amazon

Step 1: Suck a dick.
Step 2: Die.
Step 3: Repeat steps 1 & 2.

I agree with you there

Killer idea

Scarecrow

Scarecrows are randomly placed around the map

M2 allows you to looks cycle through the placed Scarecrows and activating will allow you to possess the selected scarecrow

10 second cooldown and each time you possess a scarecrow, it'll be destroyed after

Standing still for several seconds and you will enter a statue-like pose. The giveaway is that you're not perched on a stand, so if the Survivors are close they'll know it's you.

Actually no, but I do remember a webm where some mutant did that

Kinda. You can only rank or derank, there's no in between. For ranking, you need 10k points.

The thing is you can only get 5k points in each category. Hunting is basically impossible, you only get points for it for finding survivors (a mere 100 points) and following them around, which is even less points. Brutality requires you to actually hit them, but hits only count for 250 points each. Deviousness requires you to use your special abilities to get survivors, such as traps. Finally the sacrifice thing requires you to sacrifice.

If you get all four survivors on hooks you'll only get 5k points out of that. So what often ends up happening against bad survivors is you find them (400 and change for 4 survivors), beat them down (2 hits each for 250 so 2k total) and hook them all (5k points). Problem is, that's only 8k points tops, which will derank you. Even if a few survivors get off hooks you'll still get 1k to 1.5k points at most from the chase and hits, which will point you somewhere in the 9k range which, again, will derank you.

If you're really concerned with ranking up play Wraith. Wraith gets a massive bonus for hitting a survivor after uncloaking, like 750 Deviousness points or something, so after just four hits you've got an extra 3k points. Even if you only manage to sacrifice two or three you can still make up the needed points as long as you were actively chasing and hitting people.

>self-care
This is the most stupidly broken dumb shit that has ever existed.

Most of the teachable perks are broken as fuck

>sprint burst
Can't catch me
>self heal
Can't down me
>saboteur
Ayy no hooks no traps

>Hunting is basically impossible, you only get points for it for finding survivors (a mere 100 points) and following them around, which is even less points
You get a bunch of Hunting points for pulling people out of closets. Like 600 I think. That's pretty rare though.

Just got out of a game vs HB.
One guy got mowed down and hooked, the other two guys ran in to save him and got chainsaw'd themselves.
One guy got off and was glitched-floating carried body? so I fucked around until HB came after me
Turns out he could still repair shit and whatnot, had no idea. Sorry for giving up so quick, Dwight.

How often do people actually hide in closets though?

HAS ANYONE FOUND ANY COSMETICS YET

>Mfw finally set up a macro to spam spacebar and a/d wiggle for me

This game just became 10 times more bearable

You mean the only cosmetics? You get variants of their default covered in blood. Need to prestige first before finding any.

>running around cloaked as Wraith
>catch one of the last survivors hiding in the corn
>DING DING a little to spook him
>he doesn't move
>maybe he didn't see me
>walk to his other side
>DING DING
>just fucking sitting there
>fully uncloak and smack his ass
>finally he runs off

How can you be this stupid?

Autohaven wreckers is easily the worst map in the game.

Killer has zero chance against anyone not braindead.

>main Wraith as the Killer
>LITERALLY THE WORST KILLER
>faggots literally troll the entire time by window hopping repeatedly in abuse spots
>can't do shit bc MUH SLOW STEP MUH ANIMATIONS
>go after others and catch one or two
>they already unlocked 4 gens by the time I get one bc MUH WINDOW/BARRICADE TROLLING

I FUCKING SWEAR TO GOD THEY BETTER FIX THIS SHIT SOON BECAUSE IT'S FUCKING BROKEN AS SHIT

YOU FAGGOTS WHO ABUSE WINDOW AND CADES I WILL FUCKING RAPE YOUR MOM AND SIS BRUV I SWEARS IT

It would be easy to fix, 3 vaults in under lets say 10-15 seconds makes you slip and fall, giving the killer enough time to get you