Minecraft General - /mcg/ - Comfy Edition

Previous thread: We discuss Minecraft, Minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/4oj8qv/about_the_ftb_beta_tester_applications/
github.com/MinecraftForge/MinecraftForge/pull/2984
sbnc.khobbits.co.uk/log/logs/old/buildcraft_[2015-12-01].htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for trains

GENTLEMEN
What can we do to save vanilla? What can we add?

Who cares about vanilla.
Remove lex and curse.

Should I use RTG or ATG for my modpack? Which one is better and why?

Whats the name of the premade nature pack?

>Mostly finish generator room
>They all have lighting glitches
Fug

Both are a huge drain on performance nd due to layering make general play a pain in the ass. Go with ATG if you must tho

Looks damn nice regardless.

We need vanilla so modders can optimize and improve on its additions.

Decent mod support, or at the very least, stop fucking modders every update

reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/4oj8qv/about_the_ftb_beta_tester_applications/

When you look at this Reddit thread it's no wonder FTB wants people to sign NDAs. They have the stupidest procedures just to test a fucking modpack. And the whole thread is because the one guy was kicked off the team for being related to Technic. Who the fuck even still gets mad about Technic?

FTB is a parasite.

>is because the one guy was kicked off the team for being related to Technic. Who the fuck even still gets mad about Technic?
What are the specifics?

If he was working for FTB and Technic at the same time I could see it being a conflict of interest thing.

If it's seriously just "oh he worked for Technic once upon a time, and we blacklisted everybody involved because Technic is teh evUlz, so sayeth Saint Sengir, so we're gonna fire this guy" I'm going to rage.

So I've tried Tekkit and it's OK but just a lot of stuff. Any other good modpacks that have most of the stuff like pipes, quarries, farms (things that make resource collection easier) etc that Tekkit has just with no bullshit like chocolate milk and moon stuff.

Also one with some graphic improvements would be nice too if there are still mods that do that.

Any recommendations or should I just look around the ones I can get on the Tekkit launcher?

He was just a guy who moderated the discord server. He had no relation to the group itself.

If you want a minimalist modpack it'd be pretty easy to throw one together yourself.

Based on your requests I would suggest:
* Buildcraft
* MineFactory Reloaded
* Immibis' TubeStuff
* OptiFine (for shaders)
* Railcraft (This is almost not so minimalist, but you'll want at least SOME form of better powergen, and steam is a good one.)

There. There you go. A minimaltastic tech mod pack.

>bullshit like chocolate milk
>he thinks HelperTools is bloat

user pls

what the fuck

good ol' IE

I just saw some chocolate milk stuff when looking through the recipes in the better iventory thing and was confused. It also took me ages to find the pipes so I could check the recipes because of all the shit Tekkit has.

I've not played modded minecraft in years so I have no idea about individual mods. Back when I knew Buildcraft was new and Tekkit wasn't even a thing.

>It also took me ages to find the pipes so I could check the recipes because of all the shit Tekkit has.
Do not do not do not ever try to find recipes by just browsing NEI. People will add 16000 variants of microblock cuts into it, and you will suffer.

There's a search box at the bottom of the screen - type in "pipe," it'll work out much better for you.

what machine is that from? i'm assuming something IE

It is from IE, it's a multiblock generator

They're pretty fucking expensive

>what can we add?
mods

It's the Diesel gen, right?
I'm guessing you're running it with BC fuel, but I wonder how many refineries you would need to keep up, since they run slow as fuck.

It's not mine

But you can feed them with biodiesel, made from hemp seeds

First started out with 4 refineries and 2 generators, ended up with 8 running off fuel pumped from an rftools dimension. Currently generating a better fuel world.

lol, fuel oceans
amazing

what are you using 8 gens for? making UU matter or just heavily overclocked regular icyjew stuff like recyclers?

Thanks lexmanos! github.com/MinecraftForge/MinecraftForge/pull/2984

Old fuel world needed 6k/t to keep running, new world needs 16k/t, so going to need more pumps.
Gotta have them debuffs to counteract the power consumption

I would just like to clarify that, contrary to what the thread states, I am not cute. In fact, external limitations make me surprisingly unlikely to be cute.

it's 4096 rf/t for each gen, right? so you're using half of them to get the 16k/t and 16k/t left over, not too bad

pics

Pictures on Reddit are making me want to play this game again, but it never ends well when I do. ;_;

On top of that it's making me want to play a techmod serber with IE, RotaryCraft, Railcraft, and Thermal Expansion (+ Dynamics), which nobody would want to play with because
>muh ThermEx, included in way too many modpacks
>Reika

truly, hitler

For right now, yes. When the new gen is up and running, the input will be around 65k, world cost already taken out.
>All but 3 gens has fixed their lighting glitchs
This triggers my autism

>tesseracts everywhere

Congratulations, you're a plebian.

Pretty nice, how many are you going with total?
What are you gonna use all that power for, UU?

if you just wanna run a world with reikamods that's not so bad, since it only really fucks shit up if you plan on removing them
also, what's wrong with IE and Railcraft?
TE is pretty cool but I agree it's overused
About TD though, the ducts are super nice and way more fun and balanced than say EIO's conduits

Hoboserb has all that you listed, except for RotaryCraft
We also have botes
I will eventually make a bunch of cryo-stabilized fluxducts, but until then these tesseracts will have to do
No need for UU, I always just make a new rftools dimension whenever I need a certain ore.
Mostly made it for when the need for extreme power arises, it will be covered.

>linked myself instead of other guy
Fug. First part was meant for

I think he just means that just pulling something from a RFTools dim like that is cheaty and mawpc

Mawpc, yes. Cheaty, depends on who you ask. Mod was added, only certain dimlets were restricted, so I use what isn't blacklisted.
In late-game shit, pretty much everything you got is mawpc.
>Store countless items in a few blocks? Mawpc.
>Generate infinite power from food? Mawpc.
>Any form of flight? Mawpc.
>Quarry? Mawpc.

that is true, just do whatever you have fun with

>Hoboserb has all that you listed, except for RotaryCraft
>We also have botes

Knowing Hobo's modpack design, it probably also has blotes.

>if you just wanna run a world with reikamods that's not so bad, since it only really fucks shit up if you plan on removing them
Would anybody else play on them?

I could finally play single-player again, but I never stick to it when I decide to play SSP.

I need help with a redstone clock system

I'm using thaumcraft 5, and I've created a machine that can breed animals infinity. A lamp of fertility needs something called victus essentia to be powered. So I have water melons being broken down into essentia. My problem is seemingly simple but not at all. The lamp draws in essentia from any source it's connected to. However, it draws in essentia from the source of the breakdown first and then the jars. This means as long as there's fuel to break down essentia, the jars will go unused.

To save on fuel, I want to shut off the valves to have the essentia be stored, and then used when all the jars are filled. Then when the jars are empty, for the valve near the lamp to be shut and the valve near the furnace to be opened. This is where I need a redstone clock. The valves can be toggled on/off with a redstone signal.

I want a clock to turn the valve on the left side opened and the valve on the right side to be closed for 1 hour and 30 minutes. Then, I want the reverse to happen, the left valve to be closed and the right valve to be open for 7 minutes. After the 7 minutes, I want it to repeat all over again.

I can make a hopper timer give out signals at even amounts of time, but I can't make anything that gives out signals at odd amounts of time, much less a difference like I need.

i'd probably give it a try, never really messed with reika's mods
I'm never really motivated with SSP either

>it probably also has blotes
All fun modpacks have mods bloat. Nothing runs bad server side, your computer/internet will be the deciding factor with performance.

does anyone here remember 2b2t?

I'm not really a regular in these threads, I just kinda want to know if anyone from like 2011 was still active there?

I recently saw this video about the oldest minecraft server and I found out that they were talking about 2b2t, so I just had a weird nostalgia for something that was only 6 years ago
And I would have just moved on but then some faggot in the comment section went on about how there were these different eras, like the first days and then the facepuncher era
of course he was being a little faggot and doing that thing where they pretend that they are the only ones who matter, but honestly how would I know it's been like 4 years since I stopped joining that server

What happened?

>playing minecraft at all
MAWPC

this is the fucking worst idea. let's just lag the fuck out of everybody.

>lex
>anything good
choose 1

Correction: The API was made by amadornes, and it's now being discussed in a team consisting of Lex, cpw, Player and amadornes.

>take the name from a different API
>putting unnecessary content into forge
>implying that any of those people know what they're doing

ftb and curse pretty much bought and paid for this addition. they need modpacks to look like their products, not individual mods that someone else made that they just tossed into a pile together. lex and cpw are curse puppets.

Who does, then?

Well, then I guess I work for Curse now, as I was the one who recommended amadornes for the job.

we already knew that

Hi asie, talking to yourself again?

>90-second post limit

sbnc.khobbits.co.uk/log/logs/old/buildcraft_[2015-12-01].htm

As long as you don't realize that you are lex's dicksucking puppet, you will never understand how you are part of the problem with the community.

I'm not part of the problem with the community anymore.

Ok, how about this

Do you like Thaumcraft?

what modpack should i start with if i've never modded before? i don't want to get overwhelmed with a lot of shit

>asie actually bought a mac
>and spent this long in the dev console

Did Asie just discover the element inspector?

Asie discovered proxies! How cute!

>asie
i posted the screenshot, not asie
>dev console
what?

anything NOT FTB

nice try, assie

So is this all you guys do, shitpost about some guy?

Yes, nobody even plays minecraft here.

So I should go to Reddit for my redstone problem you're saying? That Reddit is better at solving problems?

Yes.

>(you) is a random user
>the rest really were all asie
can't fool us!

THE PLOT THICKENS

FOR
O
R

FREE
R
E
E

>ded

Post the last screenshot you took /mcg/.

Had to take a new one since last has already been posted

>Curse will never have any ads
I swear, the shills are the worst part of this shit.

I believe that's some strange Fastcraft compatibility thing, either update IE to the most recent version or downgrade Fastcraft to the latest test versions.
If you are not using that then I'll just blame it on IE being IE.

Jokes on you, I never took a Minecraft screenshot
;_;

It's never too late to start!

why do people still use fastcraft after the chunk bug was fixed in forge?

I don't take many

It does a lot more, including but not limited to:

* Removing unused data that Forge keeps in memory, reducing memory load
* Fiddling with animated texture handling to reduce lag
* Adding 1.8+ advanced chunk culling as documented by tomcc, without the bug present in 1.8.x itself
* Rewriting the lighting update system to be a lot less CPU-intensive

infinity evolved and had just got out of mining

Any comfy vanilla servers with no powetripping faggots for admins?

all I ever saw fastcraft doing was lighting glitches and no apparent difference in performance. show me numbers that says it's faster and then I'll believe it.

>it's a "fatfingered f2 while testing shit in superflat world" episode
i'll pass

Numbers are highly variable from machine to machine and pack to pack. I'm just saying what the code does/is supposed to do, not what the effects are.

What we've learned from FTB's beta testing process, despite them having done this for years:

- They kick people out who are in any way associated with rival modpack groups.
- They kick people out who can't pass oddball tests like reading crash logs, even known modpack makers or modders, when FTB is supposed to be the ones processing crash logs
- They ask stupid questions on the application such as what's the worst mod
- They don't tell people that they've been kicked out, they just shut them out of their system and sometimes send them an email when they get around to it
- They send out emails to all the testers using CC instead of BCC, so everyone gets everyone else's private email addresses
- It's treated like a voice chat party instead of just giving people a fucking modpack to play
- Somehow circlejerk modders who don't work for FTB are involved in handling the process

Am I missing anything?

das real neat son

They wanted the responses to tests back at 6AM in the morning in US time.

>no ads
>when the forums have at least unblockable ads for mc servers

i'm not going to disable adblock and catch cancer just to prove these fucks wrong

Eastern? Because fuck that.

Logging cabin before I rebuilt it

yes, you had between 6am and 9am, and if you didn't do it between that time they were kicked

because ftb is run by literal retards

mmm, chocolate