How many people here have actually made decent money from trading stock?

How many people here have actually made decent money from trading stock?
How many people make a living day trading? Pic related says you can't make any money, but I'm hoping he's mostly wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

whalewisdom.com/filer/renaissance-technologies-llc
poloniex.com/exchange#btc_etc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i make upwards to $30 a day trading shitcoins and stocks with what little NEET money I have. Its not a recommended lifestyle for everyone, but I only need around $10 a day to survive.. No GF, no car, no expenses

Depends really how much time you invest in it; and how good you are.

last week i bought 5k worth of shares the next day it was worth 6k. if i invested 50k i would have made 10 grand

first time i ever bought shares. the cool thing is if it goes down just hold onto it until it goes back up. if u are buying something like 5k worth at a time you make enough to cover any trading fees as well as a few $ profit

>Pic related
Is that McCauley Culkin?

It depends on the person and how they trade. I usually make a good 15-30% of my initial investment by the end of the week through daily day trading. Trading with around 10 grand lands me at about $1,500-$3,000 a week. You need to set goals, set caps, set where you plan to sell if it drops and sell if it moons, etc. You really have to put the time into it, but it's nice because I get to be my own boss. On this asshole's scale I probably make next to nothing, but to me I feel like I make a decent profit. There are days where I'll make 15-20% of my initial investment in a day, like said, and there will be days where I make as low as 1-3%. There will be days where I lose a little, but because I invest in multiple stocks and have the same procedure for all of them, I've found that I have a good enough success rate to negate those shit investments and get around them.

You truly have to know what you're doing, and don't become married to a particular investment. Sell if it starts to drop too much, don't just hang on with your life like said. It's better to cut it loose and focus on your other trades to minimize losses and maximize gains.

lmfaoooo

And why does 'pic related' believe this?

Unless you have millions to invest you could probably make just as much with a regular job except you dont risk losing everything you have every day

Invest if you have sums of money worth investing.

Please bear in mind some of the best hedge funds in the world only expect 20-40% ANUAL returns

any cunt saying they earn that every week on here is full of shit and you deserve to lose everything if you believe their

this guy for example is probably the best trader in the world, I suggest you follow his advice he could teach buffet a thing or 2 with his 100000% anual returns

why not trade with 100 grand instead then... seems silly to leave all that money on the table when you could apparently be making 10-30k a week instead

>Please bear in mind some of the best hedge funds in the world only expect 20-40% ANUAL returns

lol 'only' 20-40% there are very few that make that even (at least not consistently) and those that do tend not to be funds but turn themselves into prop trading entities or family offices

top hedge funds would be pretty happy making 10-20% consistently...

I am literally watching this same video where he is talking about how you should know what you are doing before making any money. There are financial experts for a reason and I am afraid he is right. But the fact that we are here makes it seem we all have a possibility to get rich or die trying

>assuming it will go back up

if you're going to play everything long you're better off just getting into an index fund. the fees are almost non-existant and you probably aren't very good at hand selecting long stocks anyway.

Most people who aren't professional traders would be better off just focusing on their own career to make more money, learning how to not buy stupid shit constantly, manage their debt, and keeping their mouths closed as to how much money they have as some friend or family member will always be there with a hand out.

If you want to be a successful daytrader you're going to need to spend a lot of time doing research on stocks and what's going on in the world. The amount of time you spend doing this will be the same as any full time job. Wall street traders make their money off the fees and commissions so they win either way, you can't do that when you trade with your own money.

You don't think it might be bullshit?
I mean, IB workers and Brokers tend to be pretty fratboyish, you don't think maybe 20% was just something they spread around? It's not like high finance hasn't dicked people around before.

Hedge funds don't trade penny stocks

Of course he is right. Just put everything in index funds and focus on a career. Most of you will find that out too late, after losing it all to penny stocks, daytrading, and scamcoins.

Pic related got 100M in investments in his first company only because of nepotism and because he was willing to raise prices on life saving drugs

This guy is right, wait for a market crash like in february and put all your money in TQQQ

guy pictured is bretty smart. i watched a few of his periscopes, i kinda like him.

i mostly agree. it's not just that you have to become good at technicals, you really need to be able to interpret trends in business models and the market as a whole.

otherwise you're kidding yourself and just speculating. not like people show up and brag about losing their rolls because they were the fish at the table.

I dont think you can reliably make money simply trading stocks unless you start big. Of course there are people who claim they have started with $1,000 and then became millionaires.

IMO if you don't have a big sum to start with and you want to make actual money, options are a better instrument.

This.
Fucking NEETs with too much free time in their hands. This board is infested with them.

IBs have quant analysts doing a lot of the work. They are legitimately smart people

plus they have to pay short term capital gains tax

This is incorrect actually. Renaissance Technologies for one will take gambles on stocks < $5

I've invested like 50-100 at a time in a few small cap companies after analysing their financials. I'm getting into growth investing so I'll hold their shares and hope my capital appreciates as the companies grow in size and success over time.

Were is the proofs.

whalewisdom.com/filer/renaissance-technologies-llc

>$KGC is trading under $5
>$ZNGA is trading under $3
>$IAG is trading under $5
>$GSS is trading under $1
>$ARNA is trading under $2
>$UMC is trading under $2
>$MGT is trading under $4

... they have actual millions in some of these.

nice, i live in shitty eastern european country and that would work awesome for me.
got any tips and tricks

There is a difference though

The hedge fund is investing not really trading. A retail trader can use penny stocks to make massive gains. This is becuase they can take a small position size which won't affect price action.

Lets be honest,real hedge funds scoff at penny stocks.

>Lets be honest,real hedge funds scoff at penny stocks
Real traders, too.
The lack of transparency associated with unlisted stocks is just hideous; you're handing them all the advantages. They're hard to short for a reason.
The only advantage for you, leverage (associated with the low price), is already possessed by anyone trading seriously.

At one point last month I was making upwards of $800 a day trading forex.

I wouldn't withdraw the money though because the more money you have in the account the more you can make per day.

Wanted to get to something ridiculous like 4k a day and then trade only a few days a week and live it up.

Anyway account ballooned to like 25k in a few months and then went pop.

Managed to salvage a bit, but I've got 0 income now. Luckily am a NEET living with parents so it's all good.

Made $725 last month
Down $-12 this month so far

Find me a jew or savings account that can do that on less than a $10,000 investment

no tips in particular, but just buy dips and sell for later. easier said than done because of bear traps

>day trading
Literally garbage

so buy low sell high meme

I do not actively trade stock. I buy stock which gives me a relatively high dividend, and where I see growth potential.

I'm up 60% since I started (the stock price). I have 50k invested right now, which on average gives off 5%. Which means I get €2000,- on a yearly basis.

It is nice money on the side, but I already posses everything I possibly could want. So I reinvest it in other stock. I'm planning on doing this until I can live comfortably.

I don't get it, did they keep your money because you reached some limit, or lost it all after you got to 25k?

day trading, you need to be able to find the whale you're hunting. cause that's what you're doing: hunting a whale. either that or a school acting as one unit.

you need to find this whale, what price they are at, and how much. (of course, after taking the time to learn their tendencies) you can usually see them in the order books. you'll see one strike with a larger than normal size and the size starts moving when price moves. this is your whale.

how to take out the whale? simple, you gotta be more determined than them. How to do that? by having a bigger pocket. it's literally that simple. when you hunt a whale, you fucking eat them alive, whole.

managing a portfolio is an entirely different ordeal

I'm doing OK now on gold mining stock.

But fuck day trading, it's a pipe dream.

Be a value investor. Be right, sit tight, be strong, go long

people that say that are idiots that wanna make 200k in a year with 50k in their account
and then you got
people whine about commission eating up there profits - well to me money is money
if i make $100 on a trade and it cost me $20 to get in and out that's $80 in my pocket that i didn't have before

at a point, I was making about $700 every day on polo for like eight months. it was too risky and i've brought it down to like $300-$400 every day and i feel way more comfortable with it. i paid off my moms car and bought her a small house because it's all she's ever wanted lol. it's really all i did this for.

The trick is: you don't trade

how much capital?

Are you part of some secret trading group of 25 guys, where you got invited in by luck?
And most of the guys spend time on your Skye chat talking about their kids?

post screenshot with yout trades

how is that even possibele

>people whine about commission eating up there profits
To be fair, that's really just the people who don't have dick for capital.
I guess it's something to be concerned with if paying one eats up 30% of your money.

The problem I have is I dont know when to act... example:

poloniex.com/exchange#btc_etc

I feel like if I sell my ETC now at a loss, I will sell at the fucking bottom and the whales will decide to pump it again right when I sell. But then again who fucking knows where the bottom its? It's a gamble.

agree with this, even in the betting world.

the hard part is getting from 1000 to 5000, not 5000 to 50000. trade for fun when its below any real money, for practice.

Why don't you make a thread about it?
You could shop Vitalik in with a picture of the pope, or something.