/civ4xg/ - Stellaris, Civilization & 4X Strategy General

abandon ship edition

>Stellaris OP:
pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Stellaris Mod Archive
mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg

>What is stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Unofficial Stellaris Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

>Where is the white only mods/patch
Ask in the thread.

>/civ4xg/ OP:
pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>More info on Civ VI:
pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_frontier_clinics_in_the_Milky_Way_Galaxy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is there any place I can download Clarke patch without using steam?

Funnest play through?

Don't you die now

Let's talk about some Civilization VI, anything

can you limit the amount of traits leaders can have?
I'd like to create a penalty that makes leaders focused on one thing (trait) instead of making them stupid (slow learners)

>dying two posts away from bump limit
Shameful

someone post the pic of crash of player numbers to go with dying general

1.2 patch when

start of next month

space usa, fanatic militarist + individualist or fanatic individualist + militarist?

more like Fanatic militarist + xenophobe amairight? MAGA

Can I change my primary specie? I have policy Primary Species Only and I want to breed master race of perfect leaders. Do I have to gene mod everybody or just pops on capital planet? Or am I stuck with my original specie and everybody modified is considered to be a xeno?

IIRC if you gene mod everyone, you will end up without a primary species.

What is the New Memeship type, I have not played since Torpvettes

tachyon lances if you have them
maybe neutron torps, people said PD doesn't stop them
some people claimed that bombers were now good

but i hven't patched yet becasue I want to finish my current game first
and i pirated it

So Mass Destroyers with Large Weapon Mount?

I think BBs are the way to go now.

>Stellaris is crashing and burning
>HoI4 belongs on the /gsg/ general
>Civilization V is as alive as ever
>Civilization VI is under development and new info comes out every few days

>/civ4xg/ needs Stellaris to stay alive

Just fuck my general up senpai

Just make sure it's indirect democracy and Militaristic Individualist so you get the Democratic Crusader personality.
Maybe go with Thrifty and Natural Engineers to simulate their edge in military tech .

>Stellaris is crashing and burning
It's on par with other paradox games. CK2 is still profitable enough they are still making DLC for it over 4 years after release.

Anyone know where I can find a decent torrent of Civilization 5 that is the complete edition and up to date with the latest patch?

Evening, commanders/crew. Who else works on night crew?

Working till 2am here.

CK2 is white?

sounds like a pretty good job to play video games at night. Unless, of course, you're a Paradox QA

Stellaris=blue
HOI4=white
EU4=yellow
CK2=green

>there are people who play Civ 5 without balance mods

i'm vomiting

Dead thread, dead genre

I really hope the leaders will be more interesting to play as in Civ VI. Like something more bombastic and game changing instead of "extra embarked movement" "no penalty attacking over river" "less time to raze a city" like how boring can you get

People will buy it anyway, so why other? You don't need AI or interesting bonuses for autistic 1-2 cities playthroughs, which is what most civ5 players do.

Each civ in Civ 6 will have 4 unique things about them instead of 3.

They will have two UA's this time, one is gonna work for the whole game and the other is gonna work for the one era that the leader lived in. This leader-specific UA could also materialize as unique unit, such as Teddy's Rough Rider. Each Civ will have at least one unique unit and at least one unique building/infrastructure.

>abandon ship edition
I told you dog
at least you got it up

There aren't any good ones

>NQ for multiplayer
>CBP for singleplayer (though you could use NQ for singleplayer as well)

>CBP
lol

Stellaris technology tree

It's in a machine shop, so unfortunately no time to sit around.

Any idea on how to see where the Prethoryn Swarm is about to land in observer mode? I've fired off the event chain, but don't know where and when I'll see things happen.

neat

What's the problem?

Mods that buff Fortresses are cheating against Hyperlane users

friend bought me Civ V, what are some good reads i could learn before jumping in? or should i just try everything on easiest first?

It's not as bad as buff fortress vs warp

this isnt entirely correct, but the tree linkages are

Are energy weapons still the top of the weapons?

Time to again united races of the galaxy under my benevolent iron heel. Or whatever bugs have for heels.

Is triple greeting the new addition?

> already had the Scourge
> then get this
DeeblyGoncerned.png

GIB GIB GIB

What's that planet modifier?

I-I just imagined that update where they said you could have more than one crisis per game, right?
I spammed synths with careless abandon precisely because I thought I was safe after the Scourge...

Tidal Locked, -10% habitability
I don't actually know how the game applies it.
Could be Gaia Planet = 100%, -10% = 90%
Or Tidal Locked = -10%, but Gaia overrides to permanent 100%.
I only found conquered the planet after I'd already got +15% habitability from tech, so I have no way of knowing.

rights were a mistake

Arc is the best colony in BE

The massive science factory you get by farming spies can get you t3 troops by turn 100 on Very Hard and steamroll the world before they get t2s

Prove me wrong

But Koreaman gives you more spies than Arc, doesn't he?

Somehow I have bad feeling about this. Isn't it a bit early to get synths?

Purge the confederacy as fast as you can

If you start on sol are the solar systems surrounding it always the same? Will Alpha Centauri always have the same kind of planets orbiting it?

That 010101101 name is from a leader you get from an anomaly so they haven't been completely overrun by synths yet, just one in charge.

Good ground combat in an 4x/Grand strategy when?
I want to see all the different troops dynamically interact, like how spaceships usually do. It would also allow for combat to be resolved by more than just spamming stacks of armies and watching health bars tick down.
I was thinking something similar to Multiwinia could work.
>doesn't even need to be 3D, a two dimensional map of the planet would suffice
>terrain on the 2D map would be cool as well
>replace control points with cities/population centers/other planetary buildings
>ability to design all ground combat units
>build troops and create combined arms units
>infantry/armor/artillery/xenomorph/robots and whatever other cool crazy future stuff there could be
>fight all the xeno scum you can find

Something like this could add strategic depth to invading an entire planetary body. Where should troops land? Being able to design troops like how ships are would allow for the same gameplay ships have to be experienced by the ground forces as well. Things like what kind of small arms weapons infantry have.

an user can dream, can't he?

Yeah but chinkboi can't crank out siphon science operations in 3 turns or less each

>mfw Civ V will always be king of the 4x genre
>even after Civ VI releases

Civ 5 became a great game after BNW, too bad they didn't work on it some more and instead released that garbage future civ.

>Just out of war where I conquered another empire
>Got overrun by an alliance of two empires right as I'm weakened

It can think!

It appears Goku is losing his city to barbarians

That's what he gets for forward settling

>he says while forward settling the Russians
Get what you give famalama

Novgorod, St. Petersburg, and Yaklkgsddslkgburg weren't here when I settled Jew York

How does the game determine what ethics other empires start with?

So far this game has been almost everyone being Individualist or Spiritualist, when I'm Fanatic Collective and Materialist. The ones that aren't Individualist or Spiritualist otherwise hates me for enslaving and purging, although I haven't actually purged anyone (yet) and the only slaves are from my own primary species (Star Empire, so enslaving people works out 'better' than using robots).

On previous games where I was a 'pacifist xenophile' I noticed a lot of militarists xenophobes as well.

Oh god damn it, Rome is trying to piss me off too

>eight civs on that one tiny ass island
I predict a thousand years of ceaseless war.

Materialist-individualist-militarist is optional

Civs should have more leaders.
Few leaders for different eras. At last one for each.
With a chance -optional- that they switch leader to another if it his era.
Say germany start with Arminius-Barbarossa-Fredireick-Hitler-Merkel
Some leaders will be weaker tha n others and represent nation decline.
It would be possible to go revolution and try to frce change leader.
It should eb optional as I can see many people could not like it.
What is your thoghts?

The best Fallen Empire.
Always best bros.

>Merkel
Just do what Civ 4 did, that wasn't broke.

When I think USA, I don't think materialist the same way Paradox thinks.

>People still separating their humans by nationality instead of ideology
Fucking drones, the lot of ya.

Somebody should make corporations in space.
Like Segam Sonym EA, Blizz, Paradox figning over galaxy

I get that spiritualists would be against the leader enhancement shit, but why do collectivists get a penalty too? I mean, you make the best leaders for the good of the species. It seems like perfectly normal Hive behavior.

What would be the ethic for civilization that wants to conquer and integrate every other species as full citizens?

Some combination of collectivist and xenophile. If you're stressing the 'conquer' part, then collectivist militarist xenophile I guess

Because Communism is for Ruskies and Ruskies are bad and scary.

This is how I went. But I don't think collectivist was very useful to me.

How do I delete fleets via console command?

This was an integrated vassal's fleet and they no longer exist at all. I've even sent search parties to find them.

Cant you jst dlete them ship by ship?

No, I can't select them at all. It just zooms me in where they were last seen.

>EA enslaves Westwood
if there was a way to script empires spawning close to each other and EA to enslave Westwood...

were they locked out of your borders by someone else taking the system they were in? afaik they should reappear in your territory after some time

I want a psy jump drive, boosted leaders, gene modded pops, AI research worlds and xeno purge. What ethos should I pick? (without my pops having a cry the policies of course)

No, they have been locked out in friendly territory for years. They literally don't exist.

Now about those console commands, anyone?

Err, what? Can the FEs using their jump drives push their arrival date? I don't even have jump drives yet, but these guys are already here. The Holy World FE was particularly active this game.

>pirate ship named 'Your Female Parent'

RUDE

>Conquered pop migrates to my core planet
>Starts faction for independence

I like this guy. He'll go far.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_frontier_clinics_in_the_Milky_Way_Galaxy

How do you remove the leader number cap? Its just pain that my interstellar empire with 1000 influence can have only 17 leaders, half of which scientists and admirals leaving no place for governers.

Isn't leader maximum a repeatable tech?

Leaders need to be revamped overall.
>you are provided with a constantly refreshing pool
>you hire leaders with energy
>you can spend influence to reshuffle leaders in a particular pool (scientists, govenors, etc)
>there is no effective leader cap
>techs that would increase leader cap instead increase size of leader pools

Effectively copied from EU advisors.

why do you allow migration?

Militarist xenophile

Fucking hell, Sweden.
You're bad goys for saying you're just going to steal the Beautiful Battles mod and put it in vanilla, but I will admit you do need to do something asap.