DED THREAD DED GAME DED SPACE

>Where do i buy x module/weapon for my ship?
High-tech systems have the best inventory, look there. The more population the better.

>What's this RES you guys talk about?
Resource Extraction site. spawns pirates and space cops that shoot each other. HAZRES in best left until you have a Vulture or better.

>Pilots Guide:
forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=34437&p=664610&viewfull=1#post664610

>Steam Group (post your commander info in the announcement so we can add you)
steamcommunity.com/groups/dangerousgeneral

>Change HUD color:
pcgamer.com/how-to-change-the-colour-of-your-ships-hud-in-elite-dangerous/
arkku.com/elite/hud_editor/

>Markets Tools:
eddb.io/trade/loops
elitetradingtool.co.uk/

>Ship discounts (report these as you find them)
All systems exploited by Li Yong-Rui have a discount on ships and outfits for example:
NU TAURI - Parmitano Terminal
BD+28 413 - Gunn Station

>Test your ships before you buy:
edshipyard.com/
coriolis.io/

Don't you dare buy a Cobra, we'll know.
>praise the vision

PREVIOUS THREAD

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aU2UPD4u2TY
hosting.zaonce.net/launcher-status/status.json
edshipyard.com/#/L=70h,CFBCFB9qS9qS0Wg0Wg0Wg0Wg,316Q6Q6Q3m4s3m6k,13q13q13q12G
forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/266261-REALLY-Annoyed-Cargo-Storage-Rant
eddb.io/system
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

There are already dads angrily complaining about how their Cobras better be able to haul passengers.

First for Clipper a shit

H-hey there...what are you anons up to this fine evening?

>Where are ya headed
>What are ya grinding for
>What ship are ya flying?

Is this thing on?

I am grinding for more credits, but wishing I was flying an Imperial Eagle again.

Doing missions and helping a minor faction just because.

Even playing like a dad, I can't wrap my head around how they are okay with this shit. Every once in a while I'll get a bugged mission or OOPS REDIRECT and it just ruins what fun I have. I can barely stand combat now either. Yeah it's harder but now every fight is just turnfights where the AI always can turn tighter than you no matter what ship you have, and basically all you do is FA OFF turnfight and hope the AI doesn't have railgun spam.

Sothis
Tradaconda
Asp

by the way can anyone confirm that Sothis is dead? There's no biowaste missions anymore

Grinding credits so that I can pimp out my conda and maybe a few other ships.

Then I guess I'll gaze into the vision that is engineers to try and upgrade my FSD to ludicrous jump ranges.

Nice view from your Diamondback there.

My tradeconda just arrived at Sothis. I'm starting to jump modes. I'll lament here if I can't find anything.

I did find a mission to move 2 tons of hydrogen fuel for 800k.

Material collecting in a specifically tooled-up iCurry.

Basically SRV + wake scanner + enough shields/firepower to survive encounters and be an opportunist. Boosts over 700 with enhanced drives and tuning.

>Maia
>Creds
>A grade python
Sothis is down, Fehu is nothing but donation missions. Trying Maia next.

I'm seeing a few biowaste missions. I've found the following so far since that post:

24 tons: 4.7 mil
6 tons: 2.4 mil
18 tons: 3.7 mil

Also of a few hydrogen fuel missions of varying interest.

So I guess Sothis isn't dead. But fuck rng.

I don't think it will die until their "holiday" is over.

Hopefully I can milk the place until they do shut it down.

even if they shut it down sothis mining in the same system has a SHITLOAD of mineral delivery missions

you can make 15M a run EZ with an ASP

and then I see dads on the forums going "holy crap I can make 2.7M/h if I do this" lel

>Want to do some space combat
>Start to boot up Elite
>Realize it would probably take me 15 minutes just get to some lame RES or Nav beacon and then spend an hour scanning targets to kill for a pittance with no real challenge or excitement
>Go pirate House of the Dying Sun, Starpoint Gemini 2, and Rebel Galaxy instead and actually have fun,

I really wish ED had missions that just created a hotspot for you to go to to kill a few ships, none of this faffing about with going to RES and Nav beacons to scan for mission targets or waiting around for assassination targets to spawn. All I want is a quick in and out mission where I get some combat and make a reasonable amount of money, you'd think that was a lot to ask for or something.

If it were just one ship I wish I could quit using it would be the ASP. I get that it has the hardware to be that flexible, but I have put far too much time into one of those.

ikr

it looks ugly as fuck too, like a space dorito. I wished the DBE was actually worth shit

I think the DBE needs a bit of love so that it's somewhat more competitive with the ASP. I will not lie the DBE was one of my favorite ships to pilot, whereas the ASP was more like begging to be done piloting the thing.

It desperately needs at least one more internal slot to accommodate an SRV without sacrificing a proper exploration suite.

no /spess/ general?

Why do people who don't know how to make threads make threads? This one isn't searchable, and will die a lonely death. In space.

Most fun combat ship?

Farragut

federal salt rifle

bought a type-7 to do some bulk trading

currently about to log in to run advanced medicines from one star to another, then return with gold

Dakka Gunship - Railgun FDL

32 bit, lowest settings, and lowest resolution. Still crashed when I wake up.

youtube.com/watch?v=aU2UPD4u2TY

best dad

Is this the new Hullo thread?

Well, after a mix of cycling modes and watching youtube videos while I accumlated biowaste missions, I've finished my sothis run with a profit of 51.6 Mil.

That's enough VISION for one evening.

Just got to Ceos. Only data and slave missions. Is it dead?

No, but RNG seems to be embracing the VISION tonight.

Anyone else lost connection?
>Cannot connect to Frontier servers

this isnt an i quit post, im sure fd maybe might one day if there is a blue moon fix the game , and i will be back, but right now its not fun, i loved mowing over npcs in my conda, i loved doing missions in my conda,, H3LL i even loved grinding in my conda. now i cant do crap. 1v1s are fine but if its more than 1 npc in any ship i have to run,

i dont want to get a fdl and be a member of the fdl loser club

I HATE FLYING IN FLIPPING CIRCLES IN EVERY dang FIGHT TOO, ITS BORING

SOME TIMES I WONDER DO THE DEVS EVEN PLAY THEIR GAME ?

i thought the whole point to ED is to blaze your own trail and i cant even do that right because of crap mechanics in the game are forcing me to grind like a nut job

i love FD i really do, but 2.0 was so much better and I hope to GOD they fix ED before NMS drops

Yes.
hosting.zaonce.net/launcher-status/status.json

Yeah same here. I'm free now.

Down for me too. Just bought an Imperial Eagle and was on my way to outfit it so I could fuck around with it a bit while I went to retrieve my DBS at another system. Now that's out the window.

PP update?

>mid-jump when servers went down
wish me luck

worst case scenario you end up at your last save point, wherever that was.

so, a station, or the last time you exited to the menu. enjoy.

yep managed to reconnect for 5 seconds and was in last system, before it went down again, thanks for the reassurance at any rate

I CAN FEEL IT. I CAN FEEL THE VISION LIFTING OFF OF ME! Are we finally free?

FDEV finally closed the servers for good

>Alright, here is my attempt at fixing powerplay.
First things first, we're throwing everything out and starting from scratch. First, there will be three main powers, Empire, Federation and Alliance, and they are in a state of cold war with each other. Second, there are minor powers, the actual members of each group, Patreus, Aisling, etc. The minor powers of a faction are all allied to each other and provide support for the effort in differing ways. To use the Empire as an example, Paterus uses military support, Aisling handles Public relations, Torval provides logistical support and Aisling provides law and stability in a region. We will of course need more characters to balance out the three factions. To join, you sign up with a faction and a leader. You are now enemy to the other two factions and killing another player of an enemy faction pays a bounty, more if they're in your side's territory. Not too different so far from what we were given, just cleaning up the mess they gave us and getting rid of stupid shit like internal conflict in the face of a larger threat.

cont..

Now, you've picked a side and a leader to follow. That leader has a general goal to accomplish and you are given a mission to complete for that cycle, everyone could get a different mission and it's not always the same. It's like a smaller, dyamic community goal. For example, you're an edgy faggot so you joined Delaine. His overall goal is fucking up logistics for Empire and Federation via mass acts of piracy. Your goal for the week is to grab a trade ship IFF beacon, either buy one or murder a trader until you get one, and run around some heavily guarded stations pretending to be a trader while picking up all the current trade routes and convoy timetables and reporting them back to the pirate hoard. Once that's done, you join the pirate hoard and raid some trade lanes with npc wingmates and steal torval's latest slave convoy out from under her. Money and access to pirate modified gear, paintjobs or livery are your rewards, maybe you'll gain a rank. Ranks don't degrade, that's stupid.

cont..

Let me introduce: The Dadbotherer.
edshipyard.com/#/L=70h,CFBCFB9qS9qS0Wg0Wg0Wg0Wg,316Q6Q6Q3m4s3m6k,13q13q13q12G

If all of a side's minor factions complete their goal, the major faction goal is completed and they gain control of, not just one sector, but a region of maybe 10-20 systems. If two or more sides make a grab for the same region, now we're in the WAR stage of powerplay. During WAR, each side gets a base sector and grab regions one by one via straight up murdering other enemy players and npc's and larger scale goals like seiging all the stations in a system. Sometimes a positive special event will kick in and you'll have Patreus and the royal fleet jump in or Aisling shows up and flashes her titties or throws a concert, whatever is keeping her popular this week, that changes the mood of the system to her side. Sometines a negative special event will happen and Hudson goes into fuckyou mode and drops bioweapons on the planets, eradicating all life in the system, leaving it desolate and worthless. These conflicts change the actual face of the system and aren't some temporary instance only cutscene.

cont..

If your side wins the region, you get bonus money, special deals and special "Battle of Pleiades" or whereever ship decals. The minor goals are now more difficult for the winner's next cycle and vice versa. All of this would be covered with lore like galspan news articles and listing names of players that outdid themselves that cycle.

Nice, but too complex for the Dads to handle. They need something simple and repetitive like hauling shit back and forth so they can force their children to play for them to up their play time counters while they down all of their daily pills for the next hour or their wife forces them to watch the Kardashians with them.

>hudson going full soviet
>not positive

Pretty engaging and interesting and could be very intersting gameplay wise. However if you are trying to design a game for people who play your game 2 hours a week it seems like too much work for a mechanic no one would play!

its a great idea i like it user

but, how this would go
>whoah dude thats like almost too much like EVE therefore we cant have it
alternatively
>yeah sure we will develop it, coming for 120 dollars in 8 years

GET IN HERE
forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/266261-REALLY-Annoyed-Cargo-Storage-Rant

DADS VS VINDICATOR JONES

THE LEVELS OF DELUSION ARE REACHING CRITICAL MASS

Servers are up. Get back to grinding, necrons.

kek/10 for the name
Why that specific loadout?

keep going

it gets better. Or worse, depending on your angle

>Its more a psychological problem then an actualy gameplay problem, we love hoarding stuff and throwing/selling something that we might need at some point feels bad - yet it really isn't a problem in this case.

woops I fucked up the greentext.

It works well for annoying dads. And the loadout is fun, mind you.

I'm having an aneurysm

I'm legitimately MAD.

these dads are beyond redemption

>You can choose to hold on to the cargo you have but sooner or later you human brain may detect that it's no such a good idea to do so.
>Or you can always go to the cargo deck and give it hug or something.
>Evil humans would give it a hug and blast it out the airlock but I'm a Banana and apparently more civilized than most humans.

>As for your work, go cash it in, if you're hoarding it well, expect FD to not give you the best stuff as soon as you'd like it.
>They do that a lot...and it may become worse.
>And then we'll do this dance again.

>As for your work, go cash it in, if you're hoarding it well, expect FD to not give you the best stuff as soon as you'd like it.
>They do that a lot...and it may become worse.

Implying that is a good thing? Are they defending incompetent retards on the pretense that the retards are retards and it is completely expected of them and we should be glad for what we get.

Are they in abusive relationships or why the Stockholm syndrome?

Stealth sniping with rails and then a missile barrage once their shields are down.

Rails are pretty much the only guns you can use on a silent running build now, since the new SR firing mechanics require you to fire infrequently if you want to keep your signature scrambled.

Fucking dads
REEEEE

I don't want to share a planet with those people anymore

Any one know where i can get a Fed Dropship near Space MILF's Lavigny Duval headquarters?

eddb.io/system

Reference system:your current location

>Genuinely curious why anyone would oppose cargo storage of some kind? Please provide one logical reason.

>Because Humans. Pretty sure it's coming and if it comes to pass that humans are manipulating the system then don't say I didn't warn you. Time will tell.

Is that banana guy a fucking troll? Am I being had?
Or is his legitimate reason NOT to implement a feature so people wouldn't exploit it. How is it a loss for him if someone dupes some PAINITE.
Has he even played this game? There wouldn't be a game if exploitable aspects were removed.

I'm having a panic attack right now i'm not kidding

if this is what the devs listen to, where is ED headed?

Fuck I'm so fucking angry right now.
And I know this is a stupid thing to be angry over but jesus fuck people on those forums are fucking delusional.

The best part is that if Braben had proposed the exact same thing, he would be heralded as the second coming of Christ

>I can't stop chuckling at all the 'I can't swap ship with cargo cos my other ships have no room' posts. So many of you don't understand that you did this to yourselves. You chose to go out and hoard stuff before making sure that all your stored ships have cargo space. That's entirely your fault, It was obvious from the moment 2.1 dropped that this problem would come up. Or you could just carry on blaming FD for your self created troubles,you'll feel better about yourselves that way.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>IT WAS OBVIOUS
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>THIS PROBLEM WOULD COME UP
IT IS A FUCKING PROBLEM. STOP DEFENDING IT YOU FUCKING MONG.
WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON THERE?

Have you ever been so angry that you were calm?

I am right now

Dads are like:
>Why are you grinding man, just go fly your dadbra around and that Anaconda will just come to you.

This sort of system will only work in the long run if they allow us to store these materials at stations.

Is the Imperial cutter worth the grind to get?

Don't you try force gameplay on me!!!!!

If you like bulk trading or getting 100%

Why grind? Blaze your own trail, CMDR o7

Can it shoot shit? It doesn't seem much worse than the clipper on paper just bigger and a lot of shields.

It's a massive pain in my dick to fly. But sure, it can.

Does anybody else find it no end of hilarious that you can "safely" land a Conda by crashing into the landing pad with your shields barely tickled?

Can't you do that with every ship.

Halfway to sag A*, I saw an Earth-like world, I went close to it since I'm bored watching stars, and I saw unidentified signal source... what can it be?

Scrap metal or a firefight.

Well yeah. It's just funnier with a large ship. I usually just ram the control tower. Station staff must be wearing diapers by now.

I love flying my corvette in a 90 degree angle straight to the pad, then pitch myself level with it.

VISION

Haha pretty sure if that was possible stations would be utterly destroyed or in a constant state of reapir.

There's absolutely no reason not to.

>hates ed and wishes the devs would do something about it

>pirates all the competing games

>you will never latch onto an anaconda in your courier or d-back scout
>you will never bore a hole in their hull
>you will never vent drive plasma into their lifesupport systems
>assassination missions will never be creative puzzles of numerous ways to kill your target.

>cargo storage rolls out
>have to buy it from Frontier store for $4.99
>you get to store 20 tons of commodities only
>it plops the storage down on either the station youre in or your last visited station

place your bets on how badly this will be implemented

So where do i go to do the neat sounding bombing missions ive seen people talking about on the planets? I only seem to get missions to kill the weird security bots and its always a faction i don't want to fuck with because its illegal.

>After the storage is placed, the station decides it wants to be on the other side of the galaxy and disappears without a trace.

You have to pay rent for the storage each day and you can do it remotely forcing you to either stay there or travel to pay the fee every single day.
And if you don't pay it you get fined and all of you stuff disappears.
You also have to pay a transfer fee every time you move any of the cargo around.

>So where do i go to do the neat

No neat here, only grind.

>if you die your cargo on the other side of the galaxy dissappears

why is there a cow by the landing pad?

Is Veeky Forums doing any collective mission/goal atm?

No such thing besides the cgs.

Maybe we should blockade important systems and change the course of the war

What war? What change?

We can't change anything. Any blockade can be ignored by going into solo, and for a combat blockade to occur you need to be licky enough to end up in the same instance as your open playing non-combatlogging opponent. So, never.

this guy