/hbg/ - homebrew general

haha edition
Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade • Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Freaky/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel/Linux)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Free games: pastebin.com/cE8EmydS
3DS downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 is still the latest version. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. DON'T UPDATE IF YOU PLAN TO DOWNGRADE.
-11.0 userland homebrew is now available via Freakyhax and PSMD, but don't expect CFW or downgrading without a hardmod anytime soon.
-Luma 5.5 fixes issues with online play: github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
-Latest version of FBI supports downloading games via QR codes from 3ds.titlekeys.com/
-Region changing with working eShop now available for O3DS only, see Plailect's guide for details

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Tubehax is experiencing turbulence. Use 104.236.072.203 to block updates instead.
-5.6 doesn't seem to be happening this week. Make sure to block updates anyway.

>Vita
-Coming soon: Cobra BlackFin to allow running ISO's from SD. Not compatible with 3.60

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Homebrew)
astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

WHERE IS ZTD

2nd for DQM tranlations when

Reposting because fuck you.
Ex-treehouse employee here. We don't censor games because of politically correctness or SJW reasons, we do it because translating games gives fuck all for money. The only reason we do it is to get a bigger bill to Nintendo Japan, because modifying 3d/2d assets costs a lot more than just a simple text change.

>try out freeshop
>literally nothing I want in there
>still have to download .3ds rips and convert my own CIAs
What a meme.

what kind of games are you looking for that they're not available on the eshop you fucking hipster?

3rd for Pokemon Sun/Moon available for pre-download

i need proof, please. Please, i want to believe this but i need some credibility here.

i have ZTD.

>he doesn't use CIAngel

Reboot when?

For starters

Same deal

>converting when there's a 99% chance there's already a cia for that game you want

So then why change the fucking text at all?
And editing the assets to remove anything even remotely good is even more wasted work to just censor something.

yeah man I work their too

This probably isn't the place to ask, but

I have a N3DS with firmware 10.3. I installed the starter kit with the boot.3dsx and followed the guide at github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Homebrew)

However, when I try and load the page, the lower screen changes colors and then turns red. The system freezes. I can't find a way to make this work. Any help?

>ex-treehouse
Stopped reading lol fucking treehouse is shit I could care less about that

>devil survivor - overclock
on literally everything you retard

uncle is that you?

Feel free to link me the Japanese version, and I'm not talking about undub

Just scan the codes from 3ds.titlekeys with FBI.

It's a /starter/ episode

>This probably isn't the place to ask
you're right, leave

>he fucked up the first step already
what is inside the starter kit goes on the root, you don't put the folder on the root read the instructions carefully

>he didn't put the files on his root

>he's actually so big of a weeb that he only plays japanese games

WHERE'S THE ZTD LEAK
>WHERE'S THE ZTD LEAK
WHERE'S THE ZTD LEAK
>WHERE'S THE ZTD LEAK
WHERE'S THE ZTD LEAK
>WHERE'S THE ZTD LEAK
WHERE'S THE ZTD LEAK
>WHERE'S THE ZTD LEAK
WHERE'S THE ZTD LEAK
>WHERE'S THE ZTD LEAK
WHERE'S THE ZTD LEAK
>WHERE'S THE ZTD LEAK
WHERE'S THE ZTD LEAK
>WHERE'S THE ZTD LEAK
WHERE'S THE ZTD LEAK
>WHERE'S THE ZTD LEAK
WHERE'S THE ZTD LEAK
>WHERE'S THE ZTD LEAK
WHERE'S THE ZTD LEAK
>WHERE'S THE ZTD LEAK
WHERE'S THE ZTD LEAK
>WHERE'S THE ZTD LEAK
WHERE'S THE ZTD LEAK
>WHERE'S THE ZTD LEAK
WHERE'S THE ZTD LEAK
>WHERE'S THE ZTD LEAK
WHERE'S THE ZTD LEAK
>WHERE'S THE ZTD LEAK
WHERE'S THE ZTD LEAK
>WHERE'S THE ZTD LEAK
WHERE'S THE ZTD LEAK
>WHERE'S THE ZTD LEAK
WHERE'S THE ZTD LEAK
>WHERE'S THE ZTD LEAK
WHERE'S THE ZTD LEAK
>WHERE'S THE ZTD LEAK
WHERE'S THE ZTD LEAK
>WHERE'S THE ZTD LEAK
WHERE'S THE ZTD LEAK
>WHERE'S THE ZTD LEAK
WHERE'S THE ZTD LEAK
>WHERE'S THE ZTD LEAK

I did put them in root though.

post picture

you didn't, screenshot the folder

Because direct translating = boring. Trying to spice things up = more effort = more time spent on the clock = get paid more since paid by the hour. And believe it or not, there's a lot of hipsters there.

Wasted work = more time spend doing something = more profit.

The files that are INSIDE the first folder go onto the root, not the first folder itself.

screenshot your sd cart contents.

1. There better be a folder called "3ds"
2. There better be a file called "boot.3dsx"

Is it possible to play ds games on the 3ds cfw? I have an old 3ds I could do it on but am only really interested in playing DS games like EBA and TWEWY

So just pretend you're working and play minesweeper instead, there's literally nothing easier than pretending to do work.

>EBA
?

I already played Devil Survivor in English twice, and even without comparing I can tell the translation sucks. Even bought overclocked and the voice acting was vomit tier.

Ace Attorney having a garbage localization is also widely known, and yet I played all the previous games in English.

Are you jealous that other people are able to escape the EOP cuckoldry and you can't?

9/10 good b8

>starter
ebin

elite beat agents, basically osu on the DS

>tfw when you get arm9loaderhax+luma3ds

>starter

>starter

>LGBackup
Why

That was from a previous fuckup I did, but I deleted it and now it works.

wasn't even b8

This isn't any work or company we're talking about. It's motherfucking treehouse. Japanese culture permeates the halls and the walls. Everything and everyone is monitored and closely watched upon. Work ethics are very different there. Showing any kind of laziness is shunned.

Why are ZTDfags so fucking obnoxious? I was planning on playing 999 soon but might scrap that if the series breeds this kind of worthless NEET shitposters spending every waking minute e-begging harder than an army of Brazilians.

please, proof. Anything

ANYTHING

>Brazilians
It's because they are.

>gif doesn't show the whole dance
>but it doesn't even properly loop the shortened version either

That's...baffling...
So let me get this straight and I'll use FE: Fates as an example. Cutting hundreds of lines of dialogue, removing dual audio functionality and removing game features are NOT considered laziness...?

can i have my bootctr9 and eat luma too?
could someone explain to a complete retard step by step how to set up the path changer thing to make it work properly?
ideally i'd like to use the newest build from over at astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/

Remove the other shit form your SD. Don't use the same SD for your hacks stuff as for other random crap.

for what purpose

to make luma work with games like smash 4 and mh4u/x

where do i put the themes for CHMM2?
Do i just make a theme folder on the root of my SD?

at least you didn't make a root folder

oh ew are you on an o3ds or not using a9lh or something

/

>dev builds

Enjoy your black screen on boot.

Holy shit ciangel is slow as fuck.

on o3ds with a9lh
not like that matters for that whole luma path changing business though

I don't know about that game specifically, but usually we have to gear our work towards a common goal that's in tune with Nintendo products in general. Like we have to justify any changes we make with good reasons, like changing dialogue to be more kid friendly because Nintendo = for family = for kids = enjoyable for everyone type of philosophy. Nintendo of America = kids wants badass protagonists = not weeb shit like dual dialogue and besides we need to save as much space as possible because wasting bandwidth = loss of profits. Also we have a worksheet kind of thing, like writing between 2-4pm I did this and that, and why I did this/that, etc. It's very taxing and exhausting on the mind and it's like doing physical labor work, but mentally.

Removing things takes effort, so you can't really call it laziness.

>can't play smash with luma
Wow, I can't believe I fell for that meme, what the fuck.

To get (You)'s

Here's your (You)
Keep doing gods work user

oh you mean except for the part where it just werks on n3ds?

i will, once a kind user helped me with fixing this
thank you user

do not bully the aurora wright
he's worked hard on it

That's a damn shame...
Well at the very least we have dedicated fan teams translating the games as they should have been or at least as close as possible with no memes...eugh.

Well whatever, I own it on my Japanese N3DS already, it just seems dumb.

you're just salty because treehouse made a fedora joke in pokemon desu

are you erik whatshisname

I couldn't possibly care any less about Porkeyman having goofy shit because it's an actual kids' game.

every game on 3DS is a game for kids tho

(You)

I'd argue that point but it would be just wasting time.

sure thing

guys? whenever I try to backup my shit via the latest ftpd + filezilla I get a shitton of failed transmissions
Is there anything better than filezilla or should I just use the microSD management by nintendo?

That is for horny 17 year olds who haven't heard of xvideos

>xvideos
>not xnxx

>gigabytes of back up over ftp

How can I transfer my save from a japanese version of Hyrule Warriors Legends to an American one?

Hey, there's a JAP N3DS I can get that's lower than 10.7, can I downgrade that using OP method?

I don't need to do anything special right, just change language?

>It's a "get the parrot to testify" case

you can, you'll have the jap eshop though unless you do a region change

The parrot has been formatted.

Is Dai Gyakuten Saiban DLC an eshop game of it or is there no dump of this game yet?

>tfw bricked my parrot

Whats the difference between rednand and any other emunand? or should I swap those words for this guide?

That scene was too good for this world.

guide says to follow it as if rednand said emunand if you already have an emunand

It's supposed to be " witness' '" not " witness's ".

My PS Vita is still on 3.36 but I wanted to buy God Eater 2 Rage Burst and Ressurection later this year

is this Cobra BlackFin going to open up vita piracy and something I should wait for? is it possible to for me to update to 3.51?

>Is Jean Greyerl really male?
Fucking transphobic shitlords ruining my games how can i even i dont even such fucking misoginy xenophobia sexism and homophobia
I mean, it's the current year, people.

apparently the game 7th dragon III Code: VFD got leaked, is that true

if it is can someone post the .cia for it please

You forgot islamophobia.

rednand is faster due to how it formats. it's otherwise identical and you don't need to both if you already have emunand

I installed Metal Gear through QR Code on 3DSTitleKeys however whenever I run the game, it shows "error occurred...". My n3DS acts and runs fine, but is there something I'm doing while installing the game?