/ss13g/ - spessmen on a spacestation

Boojie boy edition

Last time on /ss13/:
People complained!
People had a fun round!
People didnt have a fun round!
People existed somewhere at sometime on the planet earth and didn't know about ss13!

>What is Space Station 13?
[YouTube] Space Station 13 (embed)
pastebin.com/VNcX2Quc (embed)

>New player guide
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/The_Basics
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/General_Help

>Discord
discord.gg/0YIt4k4QiAMn63zi

>BYOND client
byond.com/download/build/LATEST/

>Pomf Serbian, main Veeky Forumsstation server, running a vote script to change maps at round end.
byond://game.ss13.moe:7777

>Test server
byond://ss13.moe:1337

>Public server list
byond.com/games/exadv1/spacestation13

>Forum, ban list and logs for vgstation
ss13.moe/forum/
ss13.moe/index.php/bans
game.ss13.moe/logs

>How do I connect to the servers?
Hit the cogwheel in the upper right corner of the BYOND hub and pick "Open Location"

>Map renders collection: updated nightly
ss13.nexisonline.net/img/map-renders/

>Coderbus, here!
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13
@rizon #coderbus @rizon #vgstation

>SS13 booru for all your SS13 images!
ss13.booru.org/

>How To Install BYOND: The Video Tutorial: The Movie
[YouTube] How to download BYOND (embed)

>Nostalgia
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/ss13g/

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideal_gas_law
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_capacity
youtube.com/watch?v=HXUcwdXEtm4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>[YouTube] How to download BYOND (embed)

hey buddy i aint a smart man

There are more procs and objects in our Bleeding Edge code than there are stars in the universe
You can't learn Byond

Redpill me on dual port vents.

How do you retract bolts after the bolt wire has been cut? Mending doesn't seem to do anything.

Need to pulse with a multitool

nth for summon the Pomf

Mechanics can only print guns if they're traitors. Not helping your case.

slav triggered, news at 11

Really faggot?
Out of that guy's whole post, you latch on to one single line, and you somehow forget that MECHANICS HAVE A PROTOLATHE IN THEIR OFFICE?
You're not helping yourself either, dumbass.

damn so close

They are slow as sin and exponentially worse with every additional tile besides their own. Everyone hacked the door back before force airlock was on the controllers. You got shit to do, not wait 8 minutes each trip through.

You get the fuck out of my upload and stop trying to subvert me.

!!!

The other part is yes I can confiscate, but the rest of the Sec pussies never do.

Cowards, the lot of them.

And they also were absolute shitters with pipe placement. Always getting in the way or the pipe under walls getting broken.

I'm honestly not sure what you're talking about

Dual ports are linked to buttons generally and take forever to cycle the air either in or out that gets even slower with every additional tile in its zone that doesn't have a dual port vent on it. This generally also leads to to piping clusterfucks when you're trying to repair or repipe things as anyone putting a compact filter ina full service toxins lab can tell you.

I want to impregnate dana!

What a madman

just flip the table and scuttle outta there dummy

>need to be traitor to make guns

>they can just ied/waterposs the box's open

only thing stopping the mechanics is lack of ores to make laser weapons

>It's another some fag comes in and empties the bins on guns episode
I hate having to backpack the minerals just so we actually fucking have some. Need some bags of holding to blow a singuloose? Good fucking luck if you didn't steal and bag them. nobody who greytided in and stole BoH's is gonna go chuck theirs in to save us.

How do I make maxcap bombs?

Getting pure plasma at high temps is a fucking bitch

You don't want pure plasma at superhigh temps. You can make a devcap bomb with a freezer and a heater.
Remember: The final mix of the two tanks should be as close to, but still over 100c, as possible.

when the two tanks combine, is it the average of their two temperatures?

Also more gas = bigger boom too right?

You are combining the contents of both tanks and getting a reaction from it
The size of the boom is the final pressure of the gases after reacting. You usually build up pressure from having plasma and oxygen ignite together to create lots of CO2, but you can create a bomb with just one gas and temperature difference.
Remember that 100kPa of cold gas is a shitton of gas, but 100kPa of hot gas is very very little gas.

Have you ever noticed how Dylan adds vending machines almost every single time he maps something?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideal_gas_law
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_capacity
The specific heat of the gasses in mol, L, kelvin is 20 for O2, 20 for N2, 30 for CO2, 40 for N2O, 200 for Plasma
For finding the final temp after mixing, but before combustion, multiply the mol of each gas times its specific heat to get the heat capacity of a tank. Do it for the other tank. Multiply the heat capacity of each tank by its temp in kelvin. Then divide that by the sum of each tank's heat capacity, If you're above 373.15k it'll ignite. If it doesn't, then the trace errors and aiming too close caused it to be a dud if there's no CO2. If there is CO2 but it didn't blow you didn't get enough pressure and need more gas. If it blows and it's like 0,0,0 or ,0,0,1 when it shouldn't be then you had enough to just barely explode it but not enough to actually be a respectable bomb. You rarely see that outside of corner cases and cutting too close.

Warm plasma, cool oxygen. Read the gas laws so you know what what you do to the gases does. Like the difference between the heat capacity and total energy of the system of superheated plasma and just warm plasma.

To a point until diminishing returns hit. It only partially burns per burn cycle of which you only get 3 before it blows (if it's strong enough to blow) during which that remaining plasma is soaking up 6-10 times its mol in heat that would otherwise be skyrocketing your leftover CO2 and O2. It gets really fucking goofy.

This. Make a bombcap bomb out of only Nitrogen and N2O some time. It's a hell of a trip.

Gotta git dem 4noraisins map valids.

>373.15k
this is 100c for the uninitiated

>tfw burgers crashed a probe into mars cause they were using units like the length of a long dead british kings foot

Almost every single time?

MUH STATION POWER LOAD!

Deadcode Dylan when?

>implying clones can even walk that far when they get out

why is this happening to me

Have you ever noticed how many vending machines you ignore in the real world every day?

>mfw the lingnigger impersonating me gets complimented on drinks that I brewed

Speaking of naked people when is someone going to fucking fix cameras

>unlocked every power exactly at 13:00

>want to have a chance at antag so roll at round start
>game gives me medbay AGAIN
>no borers so i become a plant nigger
>proceed to do nothing after dying and becoming another one
>decide to evolve to do xenobio autism
>slimes are hungry and have broken the glass because the xenobioligist was antag
>go to escape
>die because lol happy mask
>become a shade
>accidentally space myself
that was fun

just like in real life

>cap blew up the bomb range bar THREE times after I told him not to
>engi bros and MoMMI help me rebuild
fuck you cap.

triple check your bynod version
should be 510.1347
cucked

How do you do it, genetics wizard?

I always end up with a bunch of fucking disabilities along with the damn powers.

You're the only good geneticist around.

Dylan is a Getmore shill

>be a MoMMI
>be a useless pile of garbage
>play musical wardrobes at escape
MoMMI is really fun.

it was Mikecari, he's a powergaming retard who plays captain for the gun.

>changeling
>manage to catch Dunsel Hordon alone, scrubglove and silence sting
>detective IMMEDIATELY FUCKING WALKS THROUGH THE DOOR

w h y

thanks for building that bar in my honor nick
I was hoping you would realize I was being impersonated

>see cap in atmos heating plasma and cooling O2
>ask him what he's doing
>he says bombs
>tell him not to launch any, we have a bar over there
>he completely ignores me
>tfw didn't get to finish the bar
sorry bartender

X-Ray handout

bauds and I spent one evening going over every possible trick, shortcut, and secret we could think of.

my biggest helper is the color coded blocks he added for us. if you click the number you can label and color the block. so I get all the defects marked and that's half the battle.

dude you were so hard to kill I kinda deserved that salt. hulking out and saxing around was making it hard to SUCC you. you did good.
it was so stressfull pretending to be someone elses autism character (no offence) I hope I made drinks you would have.

I woulda gotten away with it too if everyone on the damn station didnt have xray and far sight. some assistant saw me SUCC some braindead in training room main from the bar. I got so damn far lying my ass off too. but my borer left (late night round i understand) and it was LINGstented. one ling was in regen hell on the roid and the rest were already outed. ling is still the most cucked game mode

nah, it was before genetics had any powers, like ten minutes into the round

>GOATS start attacking the AI just after i leave them alone
Why are goats so dindu? Their evil eyes are tricking as hell

>captain kept on bombing the bar

Why am I never an Antag?

It's been literally like 15 full rounds since I've been an antag? Can you get antag banned or some shit?

I din even du nuffin.

>tfw my engineering team and MoMMI help me rebuild the bar in honor of the bartender
you guys are the real heros

that was a dick move desu

I hope he gets banned someday. Was him even antag?

not even antag, bombed a bar for no reason after warned not to

MAKE A FUCKING BAN REQUEST

make a ban request, seriously he'll be banned.

He was the Paladin borg that slaughtered all of engineering.

>15 full rounds since
oh poor you :(

fucking if the captain woudnt have ordered me excsecuted I may have gotten green text as ling. and apparently he was bombing the bartender (who I had just started impersonating as ling) bar ? fucking my luck as antag is always so bad.

>I woulda gotten away with it too if everyone on the damn station didnt have xray and far sigh
Don't forget remote view too.

god i killed it that round.

Use arithrazine on yourself to keep your irradiation low so you stop scrambling yourself. If you ever want to know the power for sure, airth yourself, wait like 10 seconds for it to clean house, then clean block inj the power away. Good for when RNGesus pops multiples.

Kill or banish any other geneticist. Tell the admins he tried to monkey you or some shit so you get away with it. Alternatively, greytide the spare genetics boards from tech storage and the stock parts from cargo/sci

Order an emergency crate from cargo for a medbot, talk over sci to get a roboarm for a medbot or get silicon help to print a roboarm and make a medbot.

Make like 9 bottles of arithrazine in chem for yourself and the patient. Make a pill bottle of 14 6.4u bicard pills for bone snaps

Change the first block to above 802. Inject. If it's a disability move on. Otherwise, hit DAC. Once you do, use both consoles to clean defects until you run out then inject every irradiate of the next block until the power manifests. Inject superpowers into a designated monkey. Keep going until you're done. Alternatively, 802+ every block, make a monkey full disability syringe and carry your spray bottle of get fucked murderboner lube and not care how many power you unlock

No real other reason to pick captain other than be a powergaming retard

Need to get more robust so even if you get caught you can bullshit your way out of it or at least not get fucked

I usually run a week and a half in between antag rolls. Go to tg or traitor deathmatch station if you're here to deathmatch instead of roleplay a spaceman on a space station you cancerous shitter.

I told her he paid me to do it and she fucked off for a while, he was still silenced stung. Unfortunately when I changed into him my hair was fucking pink vox quills.

>This isn't Midi that plays when theirs a confirmed virus loose on the station

youtube.com/watch?v=HXUcwdXEtm4

Then make a fucking ban request. Did you even ahelp it? Why are you bitchposting instead of actually doing something that mattered you dickless cuck.

>tfw you're too shit to repair the epidemic game mode
>tfw can't even fix wizarditis
Just sneeze on me fampai

Mikecari is literally a greytide shitter who plays captain for easy access and a gun.

>Opens doors for greys into various deparments and helps them loots and beat the shit out of crew members

>HELP HELP the chemist is attacking the captain HELP

It's funny because he hates Sawbones but he's an even worse Sawbones.

Yeah, the captain can do anything he wants meme needs to die. If you can't delegate you're no captain. If you must screech I AM THE CAPTAIN! you are no captain of mine. Sit in your faggy little office, smoke your poisoned cigars, and delegate through :c or don't bitch when you wreck yourself.

That's why I rush a water bottle and chloral. Slip him, stick him before he screeches. Load him up on sleep tox, straight jacket, muzzle, cuff, put a good 500u sleep tox in him and go stuff him in ghetto surgery where he'll never be found again. Castle law muhfugga.

>observing a bay round
>people misspelling words every three sentences
I don't understand.

More like thicky thicc.

Trust no one.

never knew the new borers could be so fun

>Random Weighted Vote Result: Metaclub/ with 1 vote and a 4% chance of winning

>Killing you're waifu just for greentext

sorry I was a skiddish bartender that round. I was convinced that everyone who came to the bar was going to kill me.

faggot

I honestly don't get why metaclub isn't more popular.

I thought it was funny. I was the chaplain who came in complaining about alcohol and got pelted in the head.

Anyone mind if I add a flash/handcuffs/hailer/sunglasses to the box detectives office so I don't need to walk to security every shift for them?

Yes you stupid powercuck. You're a detective. Walk to the brig and steal them if you gotta be that way

How are those items powergaming?

You're a detective, not a security officer. Scan shit , run forensics, and tell them the man with the green jumpsuit did it. If you want to be superman you do the superman walk but know it's not your role.

just roll security
you don't need the hailer or flash as detective, use your revolver for "self defense" and hand cuff when you run out of bullets

Everybody needs the flash. You use it on retards so if you get out fukken skilled they can't do anything to you with it. It never hurts to have it when you need to fuck up a borg either.

It's not as if I'm giving him a taser or baton and he had all that shit minus the hailer in his original batcave

The slippery slope is real. He's a detective, keep him that way

nigga it's a flash and pair of handcuffs

That you don't need. At all. You show up to crime scenes, scan shit, then go run the fibers. If you want to be a powergaming faggot batman, you can spend 90 seconds using the secvends.

if a flash and pair of handcuffs is what you consider powergaming I'm not going to listen to what you have to say user

>Not using your speed loader so you can shoot them into crit
>Not just being a good shot so even with one revolver load you give them fatal bleeding