twitter.com/TOUKEN_STAFF
twitter.com/tkrb_ntr

Game rips:
pastebin.com/zTh3WAfk

Artbook scans: mega.nz/#!CN4HCYxS!ysBUl56dooRevfriIm2eU5-X2YkYin6vmY3DQpnWkVw

Touken Ranbu GFC Anthology full volume:
mega.nz/#!6FcjRRwZ!-Xkr2CNSI0nSgbTEpk3mmpu4FHt6N-0rlSaXLmlrYtU

>10 million yen stretch goal for Season 2
Why it needs much more money compared to Season 1?

>app
Fuck it all.

The design look more like a bobge

Still wondering how this person gets their mag 2 days early.

>Does Utapri have good rhythm games

I thought I would be decent due to all of the music series I've been playing lately, but it's rough, but still very fun.
They know someone or they them self work at a store?
I'll post once clear scans come in.

So R-18 bobge app where we need to pay to see the sex scene CGs?

I think the initial goal was just to get a TV slot for the existing series.

Can't tell if bad joke or actually retarded.

Those long fingers.

(apologies)

>watching EOPs machine translate through a game and get shit severely wrong
Infuriating.

aw yeah, Teal.

What game?

This artstyle makes everyone look so unattractive, at least to me.

It's extra fun when it's a game with such a simple plot you'd think it'd be impossible to fuck up with machine TL but they find a way!

>impossible to fuck up
>with machine TL
Pick one.

And why the fuck are you watching a machine TL anyways? Of course it's shit and wrong.

I don't think you understood their post.

That's a really cute shota.

Can't stop staring at her mouth

These games all look the same

Please elaborate. In what way do they look the same?

There's very little variance in style

I hate most otome art so much.

While I agree that Miko and Hanamura Mai have a quite similar artstyle, I don't see how Yuiga Satoru and RiRi are similar to those. Especially the former, since she uses those weird patterns for the hair, and generally has softer art and coloring.

It's like they're all copying off each other
It's like the same 5 guys in every game

The designs of the boys are pretty different, especially those in CollarxMalice are quite unique. I don't see the similarity.
If you mean the body types and age, you should be used to those since they're almost always around the same for Otome games.

What I don't like most about these designs, is that when they try to be original, they just end up looking like tacky clusterfucks.

You know guys, it'd be easier if you'd write about actual examples. They're like 7 different games posted already.

Alright, for tacky clusterfucks

And most others that try at fantasy designs.

Hey hey, I hope you're not hating on twin buns with tiny hat shota.

I am. He looks like garbage.

The only thing tacky on the shota is the stupid twin buns. I'm pretty sure the other guy is specifically supposed to look tacky.

Well fuck you, I like his design.
Here, that's what a shit design is.

Looks on par with it to me.

It looks like they're trying to imitate RPG art and failing.

I don't understand your taste.

I'm not blinded by pretty boy goggles and can see shit for what it is.

Alright shitposter-kun, what do you think looks good?

None of this shit.

Then why are you in here?

You don't have to blindly like every aspect of this shit you know.

They always come in here and shitpost. Don't worry about it and ignore them

I don't know what it is with Japan and overdesigning.

And even when you put that aside these guys just look plain ugly. Eyes too close together, faces too narrow, bodies deformed having not enough chest definition or leg shape, perspective goes off when drawn at an angle. It's all the same shit. The only difference is the amount of filters and saturation in the coloring.

I like Kagero's though.

I'll ask again, why are you even in here if you think 95% of Otome guys are ugly?

Is beyond your reading comprehension?

Considering Otome is about romancing cute boys, not liking how they look kinda defeats the purpose.
Or do you want to tell me you play them for the story?

user, just ignore them. I doubt they even like anything /blog/ related, they are just here to shitpost.

Why have you gotten to aggressive and defensive over people not liking these designs?

I'm just wondering, user.

Boy are not only about appearance, you silly woman. Furthermore, Otomate is not the only one who makes otome games.

Posting opinions you don't agree with is not shitposting.

We've got a bunch of newfriends lately and a lot of the older posters are fucking off because this thread's gone to shit

>Otomate
The publisher has almost nothing to do with the art except difference in budget and policy of who to hire, except maybe in cases like Takuyo, when they use the same artist for many works.
Especially Otomate uses a quite wide variety. Which admittedly also means lots of newbies, but that's not a bad thing in my opinion. And there also using amazing artists like Kagero, Hanaura Mai, Kazuki Yone and Teita, which are in my opinion one of the best Otome artists.
Is there any company you have in mind that almost exclusively uses amazing artists?

I'll agree with you on the appearance thing, but I still think it's an important thing. I don't think I could enjoy lighthearted games if I thought the boy designs were all ugly.

Yeah a handful of their regular artists have similar styles. I assume they look for them on purpose so the assistant artists can do more work for cgs and the like.

Otomate is a developer as well as a publisher. Takuyo too.

It's summer. And I keep seeing people refer to us when I curiously browse around.

/blog/ has never been a place of quality though. Occasionally someone will share something or there'll be a discussion but it's rare.

reminds me, as someone who occasionally shares stuff, I get a lot of download count even on games that I thought would be more obscure, yet the thread is always dead. and when those games are discussed it just feels like me and one or two other people.

I don't get it.

>Kagero, Hanaura Mai, Kazuki Yone and Teita

The others are fine too, but personally I feel only Kagero and Kazuki Yone are truly remarkable (and even they didn't start out at 10/10 either). Going for newbies can help lesser known gems get some spotlight, but the downside is that you can end up with a bunch of games with bland designs. And the responsibility doesn't fall only on the artist, since in the end it's the company who gives the okay on what their games look like.

>Is there any company you have in mind that almost exclusively uses amazing artists?

Does Kadokawa count? Or maybe Red too, even though with SRX the guys can look reptile-like at some angles.

Games are long, most just add them to their backlog, many play just two or three hours a day, even more have a collection of games they haven't played yet.
And most don't really write about the games when they play it.

Which reminds me.
I'd love seeing more impressions. No matter what, I like reading through them.
So if you feel like it, please write about what you're playing, or at least post some screenshots.

Maybe people who haven't read the game yet still downloaded your stuff anyway? Maybe curious EOPs?

I still swear that it feels like there's a lot more EOPs hanging around than those strawpolls suggest.

People always bitch when I talk about shit so I stopped talking about shit.

oh, I meant misc content for said games, rather the games themselves. I'd actually understand high count if it was the game itself

just seems a little odd that I get high count for other content when only a couple people seem that invested otherwise.

It's been shown at times that we have more lurkers than posters. Plus some might not currently being playing /blog/ games, or are playing but have not completed enough to discuss the games.

I don't know how those anons fully completed Shirayuki or Kenka Bancho Otome or Period Cube in a week

sorry for today's speed

what's holding them back? the hostile attitude?

>tries to start conversation about a game
>nothing
>posts a download link for misc content for same game
>40 downloads
it's sad.

>and even they didn't start out at 10/10 either
Artists get better with time. Which is why I like that Otomate are picking up so many newbies with potential. But yeah, it has its downsides.
I personally think the anatomy is more of a problem than designs, but maybe I'm just less picky. I like stuff like double buns and rainbow eyes, sue me.
And yeah, I totally agree that companies are to blame as well. Like, when you see shit like pic related you really question if there was any art qc at all.

I wouldn't say Kadokawa counts, but shit, I didn't realize there was a Nichijou game. And a Lucky Star one.
But yeah, Red hires some good artist.