>Block list, furniture themes and paint
imgur.com/a/hQzDQ
imgur.com/a/wZ4tJ/layout/grid
imgur.com/a/AvobE

>Fancy Builds
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SNzEwaWhUWlZzN28&usp=sh

>Wave banks - music replacement
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SQU5Id0l6YklQam8&usp=sh

>OP pasta. Please use the info from this link when creating new threads.
pastebin.com/raw.php?i=X8aFHVtu

Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/4613115
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for just started playing today! Advise me bros.

>A solar eclipse is happening!

If you think that containing the crimson or the corruption is a pain in the ass, then just ignore it.

Chopped down a couple trees and made this on a new char
Whattya think?

Not bad. It's a bit tall though, don't you think? How do you get up there with a new character?

You can make the jump up to the ledge in front of the diir from the grass that isn't indented. I put it all the way up there so I didn't get molested by arm zombies

Ded

Oh? Everyone makes it sound like this is absolutely necessary.

Yeah. Morons. All of them.

the first time you're playing you will be very worried about it, if you won't get rid of some of it it can do a lot of damage, but for the most part you can just ignore it, it will barely do anything when you start and you will need to beat the """final""" boss to make it actually dangerous
myself I use TEdit to contain it in nice quarantines, saves a lot of time and nerves

>want Spartan Helmet to fit with my Platinum Armor
>Silver/Red dye just makes the helmet red and pink

fucking hell Red

What about the Gladiator Helmet?
Not actually spartan, but close enough.
Don't know how it looks with dye, though.

I meant Gladiator Helmet, yeah

I don't know why we can't fit the dye to match the armor somehow, it seems like Red made it with one/two-toned armor in mind

Two dye slots for every piece of equipment?
Sounds good.
Imagine combining an effect dye (e.g. strange plants) with a color you liked.

>two dye slots for every piece of equipment
>separate slot for head and mask
>music box slot
i wanna BELIEVE

Just beat The Destroyer Expert mode for the first time, farmed him 4-5 times after, now got my hallowed set.

I've never played the game before so what do I do next? I haven't broken any altars yet.

>hallowed set

beat twins
beat skeletron prime
don't make hallowed set you retard it's BAD
break some altars if you don't care about crimcorruption, the meta-game is to open shitloads of crates right as you enter hardmode though

can i get a checklist of things to do before going into hardmode?

first off, pick up that fucking key on the right because it's triggering my OCD

What's better and why is it bad? I got the adamantite set.

it's literally a straight downgrade to titanium armor
you got adamantite though, but pretty sure that's still much better.

I don't have titanium armour and its stats are better than adamantite

I guess it is, but titanium is superior to both in every single way.
You can savescum until you get it instead of adamantite from the altars.

>gladiator armor isn't a throwing armor
O N E
J O B

What were the minimum requirements for corruption spread proofed chutes? 2 tiles empty space and 1x1 gray brick lining on both sides? Did you have to completely remove the background wall as well?

background walls don't spread corruption
If it's filled, I think it only needs to be 4 blocks thick
otherwise don't bother the thorns are gonna get through anyway.

Filled as in solid with uncorruptable material? You can't just line the empty chutes with uncorruptable material to prevent thorns? Then the setup might've been something like C-A-A-L-A-A-L-A-A-C. c=corruption, a=air, l=lining. I haven't played in several patches.

iirc it can just be this : C-L-A-A-L-C

>titanium is better than hallowed

this is my favorite terraria meme, just ahead of protecting your jungle from corruption / crimson

>king slime the first day when you have no armor and only a copper shortsword
lol, I love this meme!!! xD

it is though, look up the stats on the wiki
titanium armor has 1 less defense, but gives you a hella rad buff
also it gives you more damage for less critical strike chance

>tfw summoner
>tfw everybody else gets cool armor after hard mode
>Meanwhile you're stuck with spider armor until plantera
>20 def

why the fuck can't you make a cobalt hat or something for summoners is beyond me

Titanium buff is worthless since only shitters get hit to begin with

strawpoll.me/4613115

Crimson vs Corruption

Which do you prefer and why?

Would you please use a trip so I can filter you?

Thanks in advance

No

Filter the poll if it annoys you that much, faggot.

It's not absolutely necessary, but the Corruption/Crimson can easily and quickly take over areas you'd rather not have it in. I've had it take over an ocean and an entire desert in less than two in-game days. It can also eat up your jungle, which can make fighting the hardmode jungle boss pretty difficult.

Those guys telling you the corruption is not a problem are full of shit. It spreads pretty quickly for much of hardmode. At the least it's a minor annoyance; at most, it can eat entire biomes and fuck up aspects of the game (such as fighting the hardmode jungle boss, or the ocean boss).

Ways you can prevent spread:
>isolate the corrupt areas in pre-hardmode by digging trenches (I do five-block-wide trenches with an incorruptible block like stone slab lining the corrupt side)
>dig similar buffer trenches around your base, oceans, or any areas you want safe
>when you hit hardmode, don't break any altars, since that will produce a random spot of the corrupt biome somewhere on your map (you can get the hardmode ores by fishing)

You can filter strawpoll.me/4613115 or just /4613115

>At the least it's a minor annoyance; at most, it can eat entire biomes and fuck up aspects of the game
Maybe if you're a noob or a retard. The only place where the corruption/crimson can wreak havoc is in the surface, and five blocks of clay completely stop that. Just place them near your base, the jungle and both oceans and you're good to go, even if you break altars.

>using noob unironically
here's your (You), you deserve it you top memer

>The only place where the corruption/crimson can wreak havoc is in the surface

Is this some terraria meme I don't know about

But that's wrong. Corruption can spread underground. In one of my worlds, where I decided to dig no containment trenches, it's been steadily overtaking my underground jungle. I went exploring down there looking for life fruit, and kept running into the goddamn Corruption. On top of that, it can eat up your desert extremely quickly. Nothing is more annoying than those genie fucks who hurl explosions at you. It also ate up my ocean from underneath, forcing me to relocate my Fishron arena to the other side of the world. And that was AFTER I beat Plantera, when supposedly the spread stops almost completely.

I'm not good with interior decoration.
Suggestions

>Corruption can spread underground
That's practically beneficial, since most corruption mobs drop better stuff than regular underground mobs.
>it's been steadily overtaking my underground jungle
Did natural corruption or the hardmode V spawn on top of the jungle? That's what can fuck the jungle up, regular spread is too slow and inneficient to matter.
>it can eat up your desert extremely quickly.
Who gives a fuck about the underground desert? There's nothing there to worry about.
>It also ate up my ocean from underneath
Sounds like bad luck to me, there's enough dirt under the oceans to prevent the corruption from reaching them. And you can still summon and fight Fishron in a corrupted ocean, you just need to move closer to the world edge until you hear the ocean music again.

use more than 1 background wall goddamn
annd stuff decorations fuckin everywhere

Shove some plants and other furniture in there.
It looks too empty.

>large world
>jungle spawned directly below corruption
>break 3 altars despite getting titanium armor from fishing, just because
>play 43.5 hours on the world, did everything, done with the game
>jungle is ok, oceans are ok
Protecting your jungle is a meme. Just play normally and do what you want and if you want to reduce corruption just clentaminate everything like a normal person.

>making worlds just to prove a point (not even succeeding to do so, just look at the map)
>all those tabs opened at once
>expecting corruption to be dangerous after beating plantera
grade A+ autism

>thinking I made a world just to prove a point
>calls my world fake, can't even tell a real world from a fake one
Autism.

>>calls my world fake, can't even tell a real world from a fake one
>projecting
the wewiest of lads

>>making worlds just to prove a point (not even succeeding to do so, just look at the map)
Are you retarded or just pretending to be?

All this autism has started waking up MY autism. Should I take snapshots of my world as the corruption or crimson starts devouring everything? I was thinking of making something like this, but on a small map.

I never called your world fake, though.
Be careful now, because if you project any harder you will be able to showcase powerpoint presentations!

>400 hours
wew lad so it's nothing to be worried about. Expecting someone to play 400 hours on the same world is about as unrealistic as expecting someone to not kill plantera, it's sure looking like you have to grasp at straws to prove this point.

Sure, go for it!

Even at 100 hours (1/4 of the webm) it's still pretty fucking destroyed.

You keep misusing this word, do you even understand what the term projection means? I thought you meant I used tedit to make it look like corruption didn't mess my jungle up which would mean my world is "fake" because it didn't develop naturally, but I suppose you meant I made multiple worlds until I got one that someone helped prove my point? I don't know what you mean but this is the first world I made and I just played normally, not to prove anything.

Doesn't look very destroyed to me. Even we consider this state as "destroyed" it's still 100 hours and I assume there's no plantera killed in that world, so it's no good for demonstrating anything. Large worlds especially have so much landmass that you don't have to worry about losing anything unless you're going to invest hundreds and hundreds of hours something special.

>do what you want
I will, and i will protect my jungle. Don't tell me how to play

That's good but don't mislead new players into wasting their time doing this.

>400 hours
>even when the crimson is right on top of the jungle
Containmentfags BTFO

I await the day they make purification bombs/nukes.
The cleansing must be large and the message must be clear, "This is my world, not yours."

The worst part is there's still some perfectly usable jungle left.

How many minutes does 1 terraria day last?

It's really not that big of a deal. By the time that it starts spreading a lot, you have the tools to purge it anyway. If anything, just protect your housing and you are good, you can fix up anything else you may need to later on.

Thanks.

Day?
15 minutes.
Night lasts 9 minutes.

I would like to add something to what this user has said >just protect your housing and you are good
You can do that by spreading the hallow around your NPCs. Your NPCs can live in the hallow and you can use sunflowers and peace candles to reduce the spawning rate of enemies.

>he doesn't put water candles everywhere

Doing a run through of the game on Normal Mode to pile up resources then me and my friend are going to generate a Large World for basebuilding and all that. Have played the game before but never really stuck to it for too long, so any tips on how to quickly and efficiently "strip" a world would be appreciated.
Playing on PS4 if it matters so not 1.3.2

Building is too square
Use multiple background walls. Think about what would be holding up posts for the roof or windowframes, and how materials would change to support the walls on the floors and cielings.
As for furniture, go with unique pieces for each needed function

Square is the most glorious shape.

Do you fight WoF from left to right or from right to left?
I've met an autist today who refused to fight it unless we went from left to right and now I wonder if this is common.

I always go right to left. Never thought about it really

looks like sh*t desu

What is that roof and the wall behind it made of?
And how do you make it aligned with the wood without having space between them?

I haven't played in a long while

Background walls painted to be the same shade as foreground walls.

Well yeah i figured that, but i can't tell what material it is, or how it has the same angle as the wood roof without being a block apart

Only the wood blocks are hammered, the triangles of space between it and the obsidian brick roof is backwall.

My jungle is covered with splotches of crimson. what do?

TEdit or ignore.

But how do you make it not look like something like this?

Is the entire roof backwall? If so, how the hell? Shouldn't it be square and shit, and not angled?

Contain the crimson by digging a wide path around it, try to purify the crimson itself, or if it's a new world just make another world. If you're in hardmode you should act now otherwise you're probably fucked.

You cut out the spots where those notches are and use painted walls like he said

looks good

its like hardcore crimson'd because it got caught in the V right in the middle. i kinda need the jungle right now cause i just beat the 3 mech bosses, so i wanna know how to fix my jungle without tedit

Now this is really goddamn comfy.

oh...OH.. i think i get it now.. So the red in pic related is a painted wall?
Holy shit, that's like a 100% color match, damn.

>your bees disappear in water
>queen bee's bees don't disappear in water
how is this allowed excuse me?

Now you're getting it. Most backwalls match their blocks/bricks fairly closely if you paint em properly.