Why the romans were never able to conquer germania? are germans really just that great at fighting?

why the romans were never able to conquer germania? are germans really just that great at fighting?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/d39FBRxBM8k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because it wasn't worth the effort.

Everyone forgets that the Romans kicked the Germans' asses right after Teutoburg and then went home.

the conditions sucked perfectly. there wasn't the population density to establish stable roman cities and hubs, but there was enough population density to have millions of angry dungmonkeys always fighting you. keeping germania out of the empire is one thing, but conquoring, keeping it, and making them all roman citizens was a zero ROI venture.

youtu.be/d39FBRxBM8k

Because the cost of conquest was massively disproportionate to the value of the territory

There was nothing worth conquering

it was a forest with forestniggers. it had nothing of value. not worth the effort.

>mfw germans and germanic peoples will be extinct by 2100

I wonder what they did to deserve this?

yes.

I wonder.

is it lreally that early? i thought atleast 2200ish. i know they are gunna be a minority around 2050.

at any rate its kind of fucked up when hitler is right about things like this

>A few bad people came from the most populous nation in Europe
Shocking.

They will never go extinct, that's ridiculous.

Try to name of bad French person, you just can't.

Augustus was slamming his head on the wall shouting "Varus Varus where is my Money!"(the actual translation)

The marched in, the Germans barely fought back, they decided to tax heavily, then bye bye 3 Legions. Bad investment.

>Augustus was slamming his head on the wall shouting "Varus Varus where is my Money!"
Was Augustus a sperg?

germans will be jew/gypsie level by 2200

10% of germany

>the actual translation

"no"

The Rhineland and Germany South of the Danube were controlled by the Romans.
Köln was founded why them
The rest of it was forested area with some rural pockets. Not worth conquering.

small settlements spread out from one and other, consisting of farmsteads themselves spread out from one and other, all in the misddle of giant forests. What makea me laugh is that /hia/torians will call them niggersand monkeys when they wete obvioysly smart enough to do this to survive rome and one and other, while everybosy else got conquered. they juat wanted to live their lives in their forests while making a minimal impact on them and taking advantage of civilisation when they needed to, all the while plotting to one day take over the teigns. Germans are very calculative peoplw, all you retards calling them dumb savages are just like the romans and look what happened to them. Sorry for my spelling mun backspacw key on my phone doesnt work

this it is

>Luther
>Bad
Thanks to him many European Countries had near 100% literacy rate and soon became non-religious.

How is that a bad thing?

but hitler, wilhelm, and frederick did nothing wrong

t. guy who hates demographic statistics

Veeky Forums desperately tries to justify their hatred towards germany because it's filled with butthurt frogs and polefags

> é assim que meu fusca anda!

well it's not like most german leaders of late antiquity thought to spread thei settlements and begin to orchestrate a plan to conquer rome after 4 centuries.you are exaggerating

Because there was nothing to conquer, only swamps, forests and nomadic barbarians aka germans.

>the most populous nation in Europe
The french were the most populous nation until the World War 1, but "thanks" to the evil germanic scums their population was "lowered"

Rome was kicking plenty of Germanic ass during the Marcomannic Wars. The Antonine plague killing 10% of the Empire (probably a much larger share of the military), Commodus' incompetent ass, a rash of terrible Emperors in general (besides based Septimius Severus, naturally) and the Crisis of the Third Century didn't exactly help speed things along in Germania.

Their population was in decline before the war. The war didn't help, but it's not like the world wars didn't kill more Germans.

France's population declined because it didn't experience the rapid industrialization of Britain and Germany. France is surprisingly rural even today.

French economy is heavily based on agriculture, and the french tend to "flee" the city and the suburbs because they're infested with arabs.

>this meme now includes Frederick, 30W emperor, Arminus and whoever that is next to him

Autism out of control

Somebody post the map with time of travel to different provinces of RE.

I always wondered what did Europe look like before the medieval colonization and reclamation.

Whats the best nowadays equivalent of antique Europe? Siberia?

>Thanks to him many European Countries had near 100% literacy rate
In 19th century the highest literacy rates could be found in Bavaria(Catholic), but you may spin it by saying - hey - Prussia wasn't far behind - and indeed it wasn't. It was because Friedrich the Great was one of the pioneers of actually introducing public education and has about as much to do with protestantism and Luther as it has to do with Abrambunka Makoku - random peasant from western Africa.