The Pope recently made Eucharistic Adoration mandatory for nuns

The Pope recently made Eucharistic Adoration mandatory for nuns.

I'm Orthodox, and this puzzles me. Could a Catholic explain to me why you'd make such a thing mandatory? Yes, the Eucharist is Christ's Body and Blood, but it's meant to be worshiped through eating, not through putting on a pedestal and saved bowed. Christ never intended that. I guess it's not technically heretical, but it's certainly unsettling that nuns would be forced to do it by the Pope. He also said convents have to form federations with each other unless the Vatican gives express permission for individual ones not to, this also seems really weird to me from an Orthodox perspective, because the monastic tradition really isn't about that.

Other urls found in this thread:

press.vatican.va/content/salastampa/en/bollettino/pubblico/2016/07/22/160722a.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nuns are married to God, and to a further extent Christ, since Christ is God, so therefore Eucharistic Adoration makes sense to be "mandatory" as it shouldn't even be a question whether or not they revere the body and blood of Christ.

Maybe it's the wording that puts you off?

Constantine, fuck off with your heresy. Our Savior was NOT born from anal sex.

All the hot cute nuns should just marry me

Eucharist Adoration is an improvised practice though, it doesn't exist in the Orthodox Church.

What?

Honestly at this point it be better to form your own christian beliefs than to rely on the pope,church or other authority figure to do it for you.
Your relationship between you and god(s) w,e you believe in should be between yourself and god(s).

>it doesn't exist in the Orthodox Church
Well neither does the Pope, so what are you gonna do?

I saw your hypostatic union post, you filthy heretic.

this desu senpai

What are you talking about?

If you make up your own beliefs, that's not really between you and God, that's between you and you.

Constantine, you're REALLY bad at pretending to be an user. Just put the trip back up, it'll be easier for everyone.

Link to actual document, since OP didn't post it:
press.vatican.va/content/salastampa/en/bollettino/pubblico/2016/07/22/160722a.html

>The Pope recently made Eucharistic Adoration mandatory for nuns.
To be exact, he made it mandatory for the monastery itself to provide for the practice. He didn't explicitly bind individual monastics to the practice.
>Could a Catholic explain to me why you'd make such a thing mandatory?
The intention is to better cement the centrality of the Eucharist in monastic life.
>Christ never intended that. I guess it's not technically heretical
For a man without a Pope you sure seem eager to take on the job for yourself, as you perceive it.
>He also said convents have to form federations with each other unless the Vatican gives express permission for individual ones not to, this also seems really weird to me from an Orthodox perspective, because the monastic tradition really isn't about that.
"The principal aim of a Federation is to promote the contemplative life in the member monasteries, in accordance with the demands of their proper charism, and to ensure assistance in initial and continuous formation as well as in practical needs, through the exchange of nuns and the sharing of material goods. In view of these aims, federations ought to be encouraged and increase in number."

Thinking like that is how we got the reformation and protestants in the first place

Popery is heresy
The One, True, Holy and Apostolic Church contains all true believers in Christ in an invisible communion.

Fuck you, bring me your greatest believer and I bet the Pope would kick his ass.

Yes, thinking is how Protestantism happens
No wonder papists oppose thought

I want to see this post. Do you have a screencap or an archive link?

It's their own fault for becoming little secular humanist shithole covens that don't even wear the garbs.

Maybe now they'll return to a place of devotion.

No, he doesn't, because it's just one poster being sacrilegious for a rise.

>5,000 Protestant denominations later

>5,000 Protestant denominations later
Dont forget the decades of war and mountains of corpses

Also
>Ottoman Empire starts pushing into Europe
>instead of a united front against Islam fucking proteshits allowed Muslims to own European clay by keeping Europe divided and constantly at each other's throats

To be fair the ottomans lost anyway. Balkans are irrelevant

>Martin Luther also took note of the similarities between Islam and Protestantism in the rejection of idols, although he noted Islam was much more drastic in its complete rejection of images. In On War against the Turk, Luther is actually less critical of the Turks than he is of the Pope, whom he calls an anti-Christ, or the Jews, whom he describes as "the Devil incarnate".[16] He urges his contemporaries to also see the good aspects in the Turks, and refers to some who were favourable to the Ottoman Empire, and "who actually want the Turk to come and rule, because they think that our German people are wild and uncivilized - indeed that they are half-devil and half-man".[17]

>Martin Luther's ambivalence also appears in one of his other comments, in which he said that "A smart Turk makes a better ruler than a dumb Christian".[15]

>Trump supporters are responsible for violence at Trump rallies!
Just following your logic, chief

Just look in the archives for "Hypostatic union" and "Sodomy" in the same original post. You'll find it.

Nothing's coming up, at least under her name

Good morning.
I don't always agree with you, but I hope you are well.
Pax tecum

The Veeky Forums post was on July 12th (I do not have copy)

Put "Council of Ephesus" and "anal sex" into your search engine.

The Veeky Forums post had fallen out of the archives, but a similar (if not identical) post appears (also on July 12th) under the screen name "RumChicken" on veekyforums.com

>The Veeky Forums post was on July 12th (I do not have copy)
Then you're lying?

Nope
Type "Veeky Forums Constantine anal sex" into your search engine. The second Google entry is the 12 July discussion. It has long since 404'd.

The 12 July Veeky Forums Veeky Forums OP is virtually identical (if not creepy pasta) of the veekyforums post referenced above. ((me)).
I am not the only one who remembers the thread. Vibrant discussion.
See >inb4 Jesus is not my savior.

Nuneries banding together is probably so they can share and save money
Bowing to the Eucharist is probably just a sign of fealty and so the nuns do it to reaffirm their oath to God

(me)
(me)
Let me do it this way
WHO REMEMBERS THIS POST
From 12 Jul on Veeky Forums Veeky Forums
[quote]
The First Council of Ephesus laid out the doctrine of Hypostatic Union. Namely, Jesus had two distinct natures, one divine, one human, united in a single body.

This is very important, because it means the human nature of Jesus developed more or less as anyone else. He grew, had puberty, learned to speak and walk just like a normal human being. The human nature was wholly human, just as the divine nature was wholly divine.

And human nature begins at conception. Sperm and egg must unite to produce a zygote, which grows into a fetus. Now, I can almost hear someone screaming "IMMACULATE CONCEPTION" at this point, but I need to remind you all, that Immaculate Conception is a doctrine that not only is Catholic, but is also concerning Mary, mother of Christ. Rather, there was Virgin Birth, which is the divine part of the equation, the Logos becoming flesh, and the second nature in the same body.

But, speaking of Mary, it is well attested to by her mention of being perfectly favored that she was sinless. And to give in to vile lusts, even for conception, is sinful. Thus, it must be concluded that Jesus was born sans lust. And it would be impossible for a young, perhaps even teenaged girl, to see her lord and lawful husband, to feel him inside her vagina, without feeling the tremors of lust.

No, it can be pretty conclusively established that Jesus was born of Sodomy. Sodomy between man and wife, but Sodomy nonetheless. Probably a bit of ejaculate leaking out of the anus and into the vagina. And because Maria certainly did not want such sexual contact, due to her sinless nature, we must regretfully conclude that at least by modern notions (Ancient sexual notions, of course, being much different, and they were married.) that Jesus's human nature was born of rape.
[end quote]

>retrieved from veekyforums
>pic related

>eucharistic adoration.jpg
>literally worshipping crackers and fermented grape juice

you have a mental illness

>religion

I would ejaculate all of my cum inside Constantine

Are you really a trap?

We deduced that Constantine is in fact a former lesbian.

I don't know who posted that sacrilegious tripe, but it wasn't me

No

Thank you, you too

Then it means you are a girl

Constantine confirmed for girl :3

Why did you delete your reply Constantine?

To real this thread back in can an Orthodox person respond to this? Was the OP a result of a missunderstanding?

Please just drop this, weve had such a good run this past few weeks dont ruin this.

Make a protestant or calvanist thread about why orthodoxy is false but dont derail interapostolic discussion

Constantine why don't you ever visit /christian/ or 16chan's /icxc/ ?

/christian/ is under new management now, things are much better than they were

I am not the Protestant user that post le anti Christ or revisionist memes.

I simply show you the bombshell Constancutie dropped and it's wonderful :3

To derail from Constantineposting:
How did the historical reformers deal with the Bible's hapax legomena, most famously επιούσιος? Did they continue Catholic tradition or basically just give up since there's no point in hermeneutics if you don't even know what the individual words mean.

>implying the reformers actually thought about anything they did

The whole sola Scriptura thing kinda creates a whole theological solipsism scenario when technically speaking what one reformer said could be in opposition to Scripture and the differing perspectives on various issues.

However the Reformers certainly learned greek and attempted translations of Scripture.

But by going against Catholicism, they basically created a divided house

> Christ never intended that.

lol Cathlodox typing this

>Well neither does the Pope, so what are you gonna do?

Yeah he does. Papal primacy (papā primō inter pares) existed for a long time before Vatican I.

That's not an office, though, just a title.

Monastics follow a common schedule, it doesn't say they just have to have a Eucharist to Adore, but to set aside time.

The federation thing, if you care to look at the rest of it, requires assemblies and a president to head them, and all monasteries must be a part of one unless they get special permission directly from the Pope

> Initially, all monasteries are to be part of a federation. If, for some special reason, a monastery cannot join a federation, after the vote of the chapter, permission to allow the monastery to remain outside a federation is to be sought from the Holy See, which is competent to study and decide the question.

> Whenever the requirements for a monastery’s genuine autonomy are lacking, the Congregation for Institutes of Consecrated Life and Societies of Apostolic Life will study the possibility of establishing an ad hoc commission made up of the ordinary, the president of the federation, a representative of the federation and the abbess or prioress of the monastery. In every case, the purpose of this intervention is to initiate a process of guidance for the revitalisation of the monastery, or to effect its closure.