/sthg/- Sonic The Hedgehog General

sthg/ #476 - Ladies Man edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/DevelopmentsRecent Releases

The only way the Anniversary game can be good is if it's Generations 2 or a compilation. Anything else is bad

Gross

Reminder to hide and ignore Classicfags such as this one

>Hating a game before its existence has even been confirmed

Thees complaints are getting 2meta4me

How would Madonna's inclusion effect the series had they introduced her from the very beginning?

HAHA, MEME! LOVE IT!

Fuck no, I prefer the Modern games desu, but playing it safe is the best thing Sonic Team could do
>If I disagree with it that makes it a meme

It would have done away with the worst character, for one.

Sonic would end up like Duke Nukem or Gex
MEMES MEMES MEMES
WE LOVE MEMES WE LOVE MEMES
LETS GO MEMES LETS GO MEMES

Sonic is a meme.

You seem upset. Does my opinion offend you that much?
This is kind of true to be honest

Sonic is a disciple of Kek.

>A new Sonic game would be terrible. I know this for a fact despite not even knowing whether or not it exists yet. My soul is enveloped in darkness. My favorite game is Shadow the Hedgehog. I play Reaper in Overwatch.

>tfw no boot-wearing tsundere tomboy qt.13 goth girlfriend

Fuck no, Shadow is an awful game. What I'm saying is that a new game that takes any risks would be bad. Taking risks is what almost killed Sonic in the first place. Fucking christ, the reason Mario's been so successful all these years, and the reason why Generations turned out so well is that they played it incredibly safe.

The fuck is Overwatch?

I think it's what the casuals play for the addictive kick of shooting people in the face these days.

>Shadow vs Mewtwo in Death Battle

>Taking risks is what almost killed Sonic in the first place.
Other way around. They kept trying to "play it safe" by trying to draw in a non-Sonic mainstream appeal, hence all the new characters and gameplay styles in Adventure, Adventure 2 and Heroes. That isn't taking risks because it just showed a lack of confidence in Sonic's ability to draw fans by himself.

>tfw SA3, Sonic 25th Anniversary Collection, Sonic in Lego Dimensions, an okay Sonic Boom game, and S3 remastered are the next games
olympic games a shit

What do you call adding all of those non-Sonic playstyles in the Adventure games? They were untested and untried, those were risks. Instead of sticking to what they know worked , they took needless risks and that's why Sonic's in the shitty place he is now. They were on the right track with only making Sonic playable and focusing on the boost, but then Lost World fucked up everything and Boom went full retard
>SA3
Truly the dankest of memes

Not as dank as Generations 2. Gotta love that meme.

But that's more likely to happen, and it'd end up being better than SA3

I still think Tails and Knuckles should be playable similar to Sonic without changing the formula.
>but that's more likely to happen
lol

That's my point. SA3 is a terrible idea and thus more likely since only terrible things happen.

Sonic in 3D by itself was a risk because it hadn't been done (by Sonic Team) before. They played it safe by tacking on as much other stuff as possible to appeal to new fans.

Yes, the sequel to the most critically beloved Sonic game in years is more likely than a sequel to a game that's mediocre at best
>I still think Tails and Knuckles should be playable similar to Sonic without changing the formula.
If they were, they should be optional at best

I doubt a second Generations could be as good as Sonic Advance 3, the first one was far from it.

What are they even gonna do if they did Generations 2?

How would an interspecies love interest prematurely end the franchise?

And look how well taking that risk panned out for them AKA not at all until something like Unleashed
The first Generations was the best game since fucking 3&K.

>interspecies love interest
That's how.

Add levels from the handheld games, Lost World, the Storybook games, and Shadow as well as use other levels from the games present in Generations 1. Fuck, you could make at least 5 Generations-like games because of how many things there are to pull from

a
Aren't you overreacting a bit? People wouldn't make such a big deal about Sonic and Madonna's relationship that much because it's a video game.

I don't even want Gens 2 but I have a better idea than that.
Why not use the lost levels?
Like Hidden Palace, Windy Valley Beta, Dust Hill, Sonic Xtreme levels, etc

>People wouldn't make such a big deal about Sonic and Elise's relationship that much because it's a video game.

Fuck yes, that's an amazing idea. If we did that, we could just forego making multiple games, make a Generations 2, and just release level packs for that every year in place of a new game. It's brilliant

you're gay

>Wanting content that was too bad even for Sonic Team

I mean. Would be fun to see what made the people who made 3D Blast go "this must never see the light of day"

Quite frankly I'm surprised we didn't get a single fucking level from Sonic 3, which had the most memorable stages in the whole series. They even remixed Hydrocity and shoehorned it into Heroes Classic ffs

Sky Sanctuary was the 3 & Knuckles level

It would depend on how they played it. If they did it like Roger Rabbit people wouldn't care, if they tried to play it completely seriously like then people would think it's retarded.

Depends how it was handled. If Sonic and Madonna were swapping spit in the later games, then people would start to get uncomfortable vibes.

>people considered Sonic Battle Shit
Well....I never

Sega considers Sonic 3 & Knuckles to be one game, not two, and Sky Sanctuary was its representative.

SONIC 2 SHITTERS BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

Nonsense. Sonic 2 & Knuckles was a thing too.

What, did they take offense to cramming more Genesis era stages in there?

that badniks expression matches mine

If they added another stage just for Sonic 3 separately then they'd also need to add other stages in the Adventure and Modern eras to balance it out, and Sega probably only considers 1, 2, 3&K, Adv, Adv2, Heroes, 06, Unleashed and Colors (and now Lost World) to be the only "main" Sonic games. Hence why Sonic CD was relegated to a rival fight.

Even if they did add a 4th Genesis-era stage, it'd be more likely to make Stardust Speedway its own fully fledged stage rather than use another level from Sonic 3 specifically.

Post girls that would fall for Sonic

Remember when people were insisting that Sonic Generations would be terrible and then it wasn't?
I can't wait for the shitters to get blown the fuck out in the same way when the new Sonic game comes out.

>Remember when people were insisting that Sonic Generations would be terrible and then it wasn't?
It was a fucking miracle it didn't. Sadly, lightning usually doesn't strike twice

>Holding her hand near the blade of a chainsaw
She's just as retarded as Sonic is, so yeah.

No, I mean, look at Heroes Classic. Underwater, fans, those handles that break - It's CLEARLY Hydrocity, but to keep it thematic they made it LOOK like that water level in Heroes.

It did though. Colors, then Generations.

I meant in terms of anniversary games. It's usually a pattern with these things too: 3d Blast was shit, SA2 was decent, 06 was 06, and Generations was good. So if the pattern stays true, then the next one is going to be bad

Sure but that's because they couldn't just make a Hydrocity level because there needed to be balance. I doubt they felt like making levels based on Shadow or the Storybook games, so they enforced a 3/3/3 balance.

>relying on patterns when they've consistently been broken

For the anniversary games they haven't.

>mfw i never cared about the games

caring about the games must be complete suffering. you know that sonic games could be great if done right (which is true) so you're always hoping that the next game will be this great game that you know sonic could be.

but sonic games have been consistently awful with a few decent highlights since the late 90's, yet there are people who are always hoping that that the next game will be great.

the hype for the next game always seem to revolve around this dream of what sonic could be, a dream that is gradually or sometimes instantly shattered as more information is released about the new game

Why do people think there should be an anniversary game? Last year was the 24th anniversary and no one cared, next year's the 26th anniversary and no one's going to care. 25 is just a number like any other man.

Multiples of five are the meaningful numbers when it comes to anniversaries.

>Not caring about the games
You're not a real Sonic fan then
Sadly that last sentence is 100% right.
This person is also right. There should just not be any more games so things can't get worse than they already have

3D Blast was better than SA2.

And?
I can't wait to see the look on your face when the new game is released.

>I can't wait to see the look on your face when the new game is released.
Neither can I, because I know I'll be shocked at just how bad it is if it isn't Generations 2 or a compilation

>3d Blast was shit

>tfw 3D Blast was one of the games I played the most as a kid
>tfw no one else likes it

People are entitled. I will enjoy the new Sonic game for what it is instead of fruitlessly hoping for something that will not be.

The OST is guaranteed to be good, and gameplay will be a focus unlike pretty much every other contemporary franchise. That's good enough for me to get interested.

When did the general get infested with emos and asshurt Classicfags?

Is that what you call people who don't share your opinion?

Oh look, the same thing people said about Colors and Generations. Again.

And Lost World and Boom. And 06 and Shadow. And Heroes. And Unleashed to an extent. And they were right all of those times. Just because they were wrong 2 times doesn't invalidate all the times those doomsayers turned out to be right

It's a sign that we're getting close to a new game. The Sonic Cycle isn't hype followed by disappointment; it's a bunch of assholes popping up right before a game comes out and then everyone ignoring it shortly afterwards.

>ALL SONIC GAMES AFTER 3 ARE GARBAGE! THIS IS FACT!
>calling this an opinion

Don't bully Lammy.

That's not what I said. Stop putting words in my mouth. What I said is that every game after Generations was bad and there's no reason to get excited if the new game isn't a compilation or Generations 2

>Heroes
>bad
>Shadow
>bad in anything but gunplay and story
>Lost World
>anything worse than mediocre
Holy shit you are retarded

What if I want to get excited because the new game isn't a rehash of levels from older games we've already seen before?

>>bad in anything but gunplay and story
It's also awful in terms of level design and control and really just about everything
>Implying Heroes wasn't shit
I sure do love playing the same game 4 times with slippery as fuck controls, stages that drag on in every story that wasn't Team Rose, and terrible boss fights.
Also Lost World was awful, don't delude yourself

>tfw we're already getting flooded by shitposters since that sonic stream that retards thought would have game news

Am I going to have to leave /sthg/ for the first time since thread 1?

There's been one mainline Sonic game after Generations, and really it was varying degrees of meh.

>everything is bad BECAUSE I SAY SO!
Holy shit you are retarded

its a which sonic game is bad/good episode

Then you're delusional for getting excited for something that will probably turn out mediocre at absolute best instead of something that is a guarenteed success both finanicially and critically
>Those games are good because I said so
I can do that too. Please tell me how Shadow is a good game with good level design

Two actually, Boom and Shattered Crystal.

>archiefags are here
Can't wait to talk about the latest slice-of-life with best girls Sonic OC#19921124 and Knuckles OC#4126

>these games are bad for these actual concrete reasons
>I AM SILLY
Nah

Boom and Shattered Crystal aren't mainline games.

He's talking about Lost World

You must really be fun at parties.
>everything is terrible. Life sucks. No series will ever be good again. My life is despair.

>He's talking about Lost World
You mean the Legacy Sonic game?
Archiefags need to fuck off with their fanfiction

Generations was mediocre at best, especially with two half assed characters Take the nostalgia goggles off.

Sorry, I meant there's been one Legacy Sonic game since Generations. I'll try to be more exact next time, Shitposter-kun.

>Shitting on archie sonic
>On /sthg/

This isn't /v/, friend. Go back there if you want your shitpost filled sonic threads.

>those reasons
>actual and concrete
Lmao

CRAWLING IN MY SKIN
THESE GAMES THEY WILL NOT HEAL
RISKS ARE HOW THEY FALLL
CONFUSING OPINIONS WITH FEELS
WOAHHHHH

Lost World is a Legacy Sonic game, not a mainline game.

>Archiefags need to fuck off with their fanfiction

We really are getting flooded by /v/

Sonic the Comic discussion > Archie waifu discussion

>Generations was mediocre at best, especially with two half assed characters Take the nostalgia goggles off.
No, it was the best game in fucking years.
You seem really assblasted about people having different opinions.
Back up your arguments as to why they're good other than "I said so". Go ahead, I'll wait.
This is /v/ 2.0 though
Yes how dare people want to talk about VIDEO GAMES in a VIDEO GAME general