/tsg/ - The Sims General

I don't even come to this general anymore but I wanted to make an OP image so fuck you edition.

Also join the official Sims forums bruh: forums.thesims.com/

archived thread under 100 replies (lmao): >Official News:
thesims.com/news
simsvip.com/

>Patch Notes for The Sims 4:
help.ea.com/en/article/the-sims-4-updates/

>General Sims Information:
pastebin.com/MxNGbcnW (embed) (embed)

>Expansion Evaluation:
The Sims 3: a.pomf.cat/dhgjdd.pdf

>Game Cracks:
pastebin.com/WUrPaKbF (embed) (embed)

>Booru:
thesimsgeneral.booru.org/

>Gallery Tag:
#ts4vg (Enable Custom Content in left pane)

>Mods and Custom Content:
- Maxis Match for Sims 4: pastebin.com/wS3a2En9 (embed) (embed)
- Sims 4 and 3: pastebin.com/TBqj7S7b (embed) (embed)
- Sims 2: pastebin.com/eYZvWXYs (embed) (embed)
- Adult CC: pastebin.com/Qr7a989F (embed) (embed)

>Challenges:
pastebin.com/6DMQPWvd (embed) (embed)

>/tsg/ Creations:
pastebin.com/sgpd6STL (embed) (embed)

>Archive/Resources:
pastebin.com/kkq3CRs (embed) (embed)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TRTkCHE1sS4
games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t18086-the-sims-4-ultimate-fix#
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Anyone speaks simlish here?

no

Me

>(embed)(embed)

I'll embed you into a rock m80

So the pirate update for the new content is not out yet huh?

I was thinking with how fast the second expansion was cracked, the dark ages were over but apparently not. Oh well.

>also have to reinstall the game on new pc and can't find a decent torrent

Will have to look around.

I don't think they're gonna crack it because it's just not worth it.
Dine out is pretty terrible IMO, they're still ignoring the core problem of family based content like toddlers and more family stuff, and instead continuously add on to dudebro content that nobody wants.

The game is alright as is, but they're really blowing their chances with most of these expansions and game packs, and don't even get me started on those stuff packs.

You'll probably see a crack when the next expansion is released, it's probably gonna be: Sims 4: Party Time.

They should crack it just for the update to the lighting system and CaS desu.

If only the people cracking actually gave a shit about the game or had someone who played it to nag them in to updating the crack

>page 10

All this Dine Out talk makes me want to open a restaurant in Sims, but the only one that lets me do it so far is Sims 2.

What is the best way to run a restaurant in Sims 2? Does anyone have any tips or wacky stories of their own restaurants?

They should just do a remaster of sims 2.

I might even pay for it

>tfw bought dine out and haven't even played the new content yet because overwatch

(emded)(lmao)
OP image featuring 1 screen from each game when?

>tfw no rental mechanics

>bought a sims expansion
>bought overwatch

Wouldn't mind letting them take their time on the crack. Still waiting for Sims 4 to get more content for it to be enjoyable.

You gonna post ts1 and ts2 content from now on?
What about the spinoffs like medieval, tso, etc?

Here's some.

He's beautiful

post your jews

WIP

Fucking hilarious.

What do I name him

im making a household of dangerous men

Chaim Shekelstein.

The face is devious enough, but the beard feels a bit too out of place. Tone it down or pair it with hair/hats that work with it.

critique

done

Much better.

>using 1.7.65.1020 because that was the 3DM release from ages ago
>turns out essential mods (master controller) aren't compatible
Now I play the waiting game.

>torrenting Sims 2
>12 fucking hours to download

Holy shit,thought satellite internet was supposed to be faster.

It's not really that fast generally and the latency is fucking awful.

Bump,how in hell is this thread so slow?

So I lasted played about when Get to Work was the new thing.

What dumbass shit that EA wants me to pay for has come out and on a scale between "not worth pirating" and "almost worth buying" is it all?

>how in hell
because theres very little to talk about in sims and no one develops anything for the game in here, myself included. so theres no contribution to thread and it just dies at 100 posts. if people were modding and constantly creating interesting sims it'd move faster. there's also a lot of people waiting on the next crack

CRACK WHEN REEEEEEEE

Get Together seems pretty cool based on description alone, definitely an improvement on Sims 3 cliques, but I haven't tried it because

Yeah I've been looking at the trailers out of boredom and some of the stuff actually looks pretty sweet. Also grabbed the trial as I kinda wanted to dick around with something the patch notes said about gender customization. Which turns out to be mildly interesting if only for being able to make chicks who can impregnate and dudes who can get more pregnant than normal. Shame there's not an option to allow for both.

Anyways, made a pretty standard sort of fit chick. Geared her traits towards a sort of ladykiller art thief with serial romantic aspiration and klepto/art lover/romantic traits. Not sure if it's the best setup for the concept tho. Also wondering if making her capable of leaving a trail of bastards in her wake would be fun or would just be my dick talking.

I'm debating torrenting sims 3, its like 30 fucking gigs

Might cause a few red flags

Here's to hope if someone's seeding it for you. The downloading's the easiest part, getting the game to work is going to wrek your soul

dead game
dead thread

Because those idiots programmed the entire game as compartmentalized additions instead of doing correctly and merging them together on installation. That is why it's 30 gigs, why it's unstable as all hell, and why there is a 400-step installation guide to get everything to play well with each other.

dead again

benis!

So what challenges have you lot tried and recommend?

whar dine out torrent whar

The "Play for 3 hours without saving" challenge. It's simple really. You play. And on the very, very slim chance the game doesn't crash in a 3 hour period, you win. You can ramp up the difficulty by going for 4 hours or maxing out all the graphic options.

Gotta say, romance in 4 is far too fucking easy. Going from "Hi I'm your neighbor" to girlfriend in the span of an afternoon is pretty ridiculous.

No clue why this motherfucker is hanging around though. Think he was hanging out at the house when I got there...

>the Sims is easy meme

I remember romance when the game released was very difficult, but that's only because I didn't realize that you could really abuse the mood system with that dumb flower you get for free after a date.

>have to install game to my HDD before symlinking it to my SSD

Sims Amino should be in the OP.

Updog.

I want a crack
I want a sims crack
To run a restaurant that is what I want
to be a chef savant.
No, now!
I want customers
I want 5 stars
Impress the critics and prove wrong the cynics performing culinary olympics and...
Give it to me now.
I want Dine Out
I want the crack Dine Out
I want to play it on my PC
Only if it's for free
Give it to me now!
I want it today
I don't want it tomorrow
I want to play it all day until my hands cramp with pain!
I want a crack with all of the updates
All the stuff packs as well
And if I don't get the crack on which i fixate
It's going to hell!
I want the game,
I want the whole game!
Hiring staff to work on my behalf while I
sit back and laugh!
And now!
Don't care how I want it now!
Don't care how I want it now!

Shoulda paired this with a Gordon Ramsey looking mofo. Also with some caps.

My mom thought if I touched Barbie dolls as a kid I'd turn into a fag.
I wonder what she'd think about me playing the Sims.

Clearly she was right, cus yer here.

bump

>it's a mods broke the game episode
Fun

I am disappointed at how quickly I picked up on what song that goes to. What's even worse, is I have a picture of her on my hard drive. I'm not on my computer though. So, disappointed again.

You've gotten me curious as to what song it is, as I didn't realize it was a parody of one

>Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory was 450 years ago

What he said. It's the song Veruca Salt sings while in the golden goose/egg room.

youtube.com/watch?v=TRTkCHE1sS4

bump

head bump

Someone should really get in touch with management about the problems with threads dying in VG. It is unreasonable for a thread to die from 30 minutes of inactivity. Long ago they doubled the size of the /b/ catalog. Why can't they do that to Veeky Forums? TSG is far from the only thread with that problem.

I'll make a /qa/ complaint thread, it's overdue.

I just now sent a feedback form about it. It really is a big problem. We shouldn't have to remake this thread 3 or 4 times a day. This isn't /b/. People come here looking for these specific generals like they are sub-forums. They shouldn't adhere to the rules of threads when they're more of a hybrid forums.

i saw somebody say that the sims 2 "runs fast"

am i the only one with EXTREMELY long loading screens?

i don't even want to leave my lot because i know it'll take like 5 minutes to go to a different one

That is normal. They were probably talking about the simulation speed. The pause/slow/fast/turbo time. It is a lot faster than 3 and 4 because it only has to process 1 lot. But the loading is atrocious. And that is because of what this guy mentioned.

Hopefully it gets to Hiroyuki.

I bumped the hell out of that thread with more than enough material to get a discussion going. So hopefully more people drop in and pick fights with my posts while I'm asleep to keep it bumped. The people replying now genuinely do not understand the Veeky Forums forums or community. This stuff should not be that difficult to explain. I think they're just fighting for the sake of fighting since Veeky Forums is obviously not part of their daily routine.

It's /qa/, people either go there to troll or to complain about site policy, the same as /q/, which is part of why it was deleted in the first place.

>got bored of s3 in the time it took me to learn to run it right and the 900 fixes you need

>cutie neighbor comes to greet my sim
>BLACKED
>and the nigger is stomping my garbage for literally no reason outside

hmmm

This motherfucker up and texted me and asked to come over and I have no fucking clue who he is. He ain't even a work buddy. Though I guess it's for the best that he isn't, given that I stole a shitass computer from work instead of more fucking dirty dishes.

Guess it's one way to manage to social bar while you're practicing programing.

tfw no dine out crack to make a "bob pancake's pancakes" restaurant

REEEEEEE

You only get to manage the diner, not be a cook or even work in one.

So it's fucking nothing.

It seems like the game packs and expansion packs are just getting worse as we go along.

Like Outdoor retreat was pretty good, except I don't even use it anymore, I did use i once after the guy released a mod that made it a beach but that's it.
Then Get to Work was pretty damn cool.
But then Spa Day came out, literally a glorified stuff pack.
Then Get Together came out and gave us stuff we already have.
Now we have dine out, another "work" expansion, that doesn't even give you the full experience of working in a diner.

At the rate this is going, the next expansion is going to be.... I dunno, anything but what the fans are asking for?

It's really a damn shame because Sims 4 has one of the best modding community's ever, theres literally hundreds of new mods every day, and it's so consistent, you can see that people are still passionate about sims, like me, but the developers see that as a way to make more EZ money.

And it's also a shame that most of the expansions aren't as big as Sims 3, I credit this to people like LGR basically noting that "I don't want an expansion pack that has a bunch of content that I won't use".
I don't know why people are literally saying "I want less content", like I get you may not use it, but someone else might.

Yeah G2W is pretty much the only expac that seems to be worth a fuck.

Do gotta say that Get Together sounds pretty okay on paper, but I've not had a chance to play it.

Your sister.

lmao, replied to the wrong thread.

Are there nude skins for all ages yet?
I'm sick and tired of all the PC bullshit I find on modding sites, while they still want you to fucking pay them for a couple of skins.
Sims 1 and 2 I had no problem whatsoever finding fully nude patches, but I spent a good 30 minutes before I figured there was a Veeky Forums modlist with download links.

>nude skins for all ages
Bruh.................................

can you make a restaurant in the vacation area in dine out?

You should, can't be bothered to check.

How much CC do you guys have?

My shit is getting out of hand...

For some reason i allways play carpet-munchers in 3 but in 4 9/10 of my families are 100% straight benis in vagina types.
111mb's because i want to actually play the game.

Hey guys.

I'm attempting to install a nude mod, but shit isn't working.
I've updated the game to what I assume is the newest available patch (torrented the game) 1.7.65.1020, although I am aware that there is a new patch that hasn't been cracked yet.

I have tried three separate nude mods, (one of them linked in the OP document) but every time I remove clothing I just get invisible textures.

Mosaic remover and clothes remover work for me, but the actual skin textures don't load.

Anyone have some insight?

I do that too, because making men sims in Sims 3 is hard as hell, they all end up looking like the same pudgy blob to me, but girls at least have some diversity to them.

That isn't the latest, here, download this
games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t18086-the-sims-4-ultimate-fix#

I'm not sure if it will fix your nude mods since I don't actually use them, but you should update your game anyway

Thanks senpai, I'll give it a try.

I just don't understand why simple texture replacements wouldn't work on whatever patch...

For me they just look absolutely plastic Ken Dolls even if i give them facial hair.

Do I need the one that requires two expansion packs, or will the one underneath suffice?

Wew, i certainly wasnt expecting twins from the blonde gal.
And to top it off the Nip just got preggo too with fertility treatment ltw... oh well i'l just send all but 1 to boarding school for the whole childhood and then kick out of there's. :^)

So I installed the patch, however the game now crashes immediately after the green loading diamond begins to twirl.

This is bullshit, all I wanted was to create some chicks and have them lezz out, instead I've wasted 4 hours of my life on this.

I've modded Skyrim and Fallout 3 to hell and back without a single issue.