/srg/ - speedrunning general

I am the LeGrav James of Speedrunning

New serg thread bc the last one archived without even hitting 750... Sad days my speedbrethren

Other urls found in this thread:

speedrunhistory.wordpress.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=xH9HUB0KjYU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

just let it down easy guys

it's gonna be a long wait till SGDQ...

Holy shit just let it stay dead you pathetic faggot.

Imagine NEEDING something as worthless as /srg/ in your life.

You can say that again Mike!

>I thrive off competition
>only runs meme games that no one else plays

???

Why not play SM64?

This place wouldn't have even lasted this long without based narcissa keeping it alive. It could only last so long though....

reminder twitch
.tv/esamarathon

dream hack summer is live

and coolkid got fucking fat

nobody cares, stop forcing this shit

why is the runner sitting on a beanbag chair?

why did no one tell me soe was live? :/ please archive your broadcasts sowwie!!

i missed you serg

>streaming when he's the hot topic
right on cue

she*

speedrunhistory.wordpress.com/

keep crying bitch

>wahh i don't want people talking about speedrunning on a speedrunning general

>attention whore conventions where "speedrunners" intentionally don't try to complete the game as fast as possible is speedrunning
marathons are not speedrunning. they never have been and they never will be. you can kick and scream and cry like the little bitch you are but you will always be in the wrong.

nice b8 m8

>get called out and exposed
>le b-b8 xDDD
absolutely embarrassing.

i for one am loving the new janitors
keep up the good work!

cool meme, when will you stop forcing it?

>yfw the janny is a trump supporting tranny enabling piehex stream monster who only wants to discuss narcissa and squid

so is /srg/ so he's more fitting than any other janitor

fw

Blame the janitor for fostering this shit

Bans for cosmeme faces as off topic but narcissa crying is totally a-ok

not bad, needs way more content tho

complaining about moderation is against ToS

>those fucking credits

Anyone know if basedgodyoloswag YSG will be at SGDQ 2016?

My speed game depresses me. No one but me runs it. My record is not optimized (can save 7 mins so far, probably more if I found new strats). Trying to improve my record but keep losing runs in different ways I've never lost them before. Guess I'm in a slump.

Feelsbadman

I don't remember subscribing to this blog

it's really sad that he still attends when they've banned him from the stream room

so hows the ESA dreamhack marathon been? any good games or is it all the same trash?

Thanks for bearing with me. I just wanted to put my feelings out there. I feel better now. I'm going to go practice some more.

nobody has been watching because it's the same boring shit with garbage runners it always is

Tropical Freeze is a pretty good watch and coming up next. Don't know the runner though.

this picture basically describes ESA now.

>audience forced to sit far away
>ESA slut is on display waiting for some refugees to show up
>2 little boys (maybe one is flicky?) look interested but no one from the community is there is talking to them probably due to the nature of speedrunners and cliques.
>speedrunners are regulated to the corner of the room so they stay as far away from normal esports as possible.

As a redditor, I recommend you all come over to /r/speedrun if you actually want to discuss routing/ world records / strats / categories. This place is doomed

While people are playing CS:GO, League of Legends, DOTA2, etc for cash prizes, speedrunners are sitting in the day care area of the place forced to play Barney's Hide and Seek.

Why would anyone watch Dreamhack speedrunning when ZFG is live?????

why would anyone watch memehack speedrunning at all?

did GDQs hire that old man improv piano player for SGDQ to play video game songs between runs this year? that would bring it a lot of money and surely buy Mike Uyama another year of medication so he can live.

same fag trying to shit on esa same fag who gets all excited for gdqs

Fuck off

Is that cool "da big booi" kid in the back?

>maybe one is flicky
lol

July 2016

Speedrunning is being saved.

delusional af senpai

August 1, 2016 will also save speedrunning.

Hey I got runs tomorrow

Having a WR is nice, but stealing it AGAIN when someone made a better time is even better.

Today was a good day.

this marathon is fucking snore lads

gl don't use baby strats.

I don't think I have any baby strats

uhm slayer some dude is streaming turok, you better leave snowfats chat

why did you delete?

janny censoring srg because they think their striking back at main stream media or something stupid

lol

ESA continues to improve the speedrunning marathon scene. Every year ESA innovates new tech that outclasses GDQs. Last year it was the personal split giant red button so runners can control the timer. This year at DreamHack is the evolution from couch to bean bag chairs. Also professional transitions between games.

So what will ESA2016 bring to the table? I can't wait to find out.

they said they want to have a bigger charity focus, but said that wouldn't affect rules/behavior on stream

have to see of they can strike a good balance unlike GDQs

when people say a bigger focus on charity does that mean they just want to raise more money? if that's the case then they need a public relations person / marketing person to spread the word. I had no idea this marathon was even going on this weekend until it popped up on my following list.

THIS IS A ROBBERY

HAND OVER YOUR FUCKING SPEEDRUNS, NOW!

youtube.com/watch?v=xH9HUB0KjYU

D-don't shoot

you guys know i have a world record, right?

yes, and making it more central to the marathon by promoting it more during run transitions with the hosts

they probably feel like they have the meet-up aspect of the marathon down by now, so they can focus on the charity more since being at the event is already good

An MR-RL time...

this explains why they decided to only do 1 stream instead of 2 then. people just use gdqs as a benchmark to how to run a charity marathon, when in fact they run it horribly wrong and just lucked into the viewership and donations (people still think they are curing cancer by donating). I hope esa at least says pure with the community. none of this sacrificing community aspect just to make a quick buck. the cutting of a second stream is a hard hit but understandable as well since they are pretty low staffed. maybe if esa gets big it can bring back the 2nd stream.

Don't watch RPGLimitBreak guys, they still my original idea!

#Thieves !!

That looks beyond shitty. Like a pen where they decided to contain all the autists to not plague the rest of dreamhack

why cant people just leave crumpz alone

what do you mean by "you guys"?

why did you delete?

wait so fill me in. didn't crumps do this race with that caracarn guy over a month long period? how is this stealing the idea? or am I missing something?

According to him the marathon they're doing now was his original-idea-do-not-steal and they stole it. And the people organizing it, that he's accusing, are the people who did his shitty "FFMonth" with him.

crumps did the race with cereth the last 2 years, and sevensins the last year. Both channels were smaller than his, and both ended up bigger than his after FFmonth were over. RPGlimitbreak, a FUCKING CHARITY, is hosting the ff marathon, which is being run by Sevensins and cereth amongst other actual speedrunners. All the profits of subbing to the channel go to charity.

Crumps should empathize with charity as he begs for it every year when he realizes that he, too, has to pay income tax just like the plebians in his chat.

the funniest part of crumps is that he thinks he owns the fucking idea of #ffmonth. I'm sure SE let him have that copyright, cause he was selling shirts with the trademarked FF crystals on it last year!

He's also a speedrunner because he was the first person to run a new skip in FF4 and held the record for 12 hours before the other guy woke up and beat his record by 30 mins. Are you a world record holder? didnt think so.

>de hippie spacing

>all these censored posts
i feel like i'm on reddit

did anyone tell him it's for charity and he should stop whining? or is he a hillary supporter?

they're not asking for donations during the run but RPGlimitbreak is for charity, ironically for mental health organizations which crumps could definitely use. 38 year old man who dyes his hair green lost his 23 year old internet GF from australia to another twitch streamer; gotta make him feel like killing himself.

Someone should start up the Speedrun Clan Wars and watch Pie cry like Crumps.

>to another twitch streamer

no fucking way, my sides. who's the lucky guy?

she dumped him to become a groupie of the guy who crumps was crying about "workplace harassment" about a month ago. Can't remember his name but he has like 5k+ viewers on average and is a variety streamer.

probably this guy.

why did you delete?

yeah i read those tweets but still don't know who it is. thought he was beefing with lirik (which is hilarious considering he has literally 30x his userbase)

yes it was lirik. He told chat that the reason he got dumped was his "beef" with Lirik, and any time anyone brought up Angie (aussie e-GF with a craterface that made her look like a pakistani acid burn victim) they'd quickly get banned. I guess she got 1984'ed and never existed.

no shit he hates RPGlimitbreak and supporting mental health, Angie's therapist told her to dump Crumps and have an actual boyfriend within 10000km of her.

What are you speedrunning?

List of /srg/ bois that need to have their Twitch partnership revoked:
>pykn
>tekkie55
>NewAgeRetroHippie

Feel free to add to this list if you know more.

wut

Imagine being so pussy you can't even reply to my post

Cuck bitch

ROFL Crumps really got cucked by Lirik??

is tekkie even out boi? he said coolmatty was right to ban some of our bois (the cyber crew)

thanks for the late response!