/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #370

"Special feeling" Edition

Previous Thread: Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay to rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630/
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction:
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/10296122
strawpoll.me/10347373
strawpoll.me/10347359
strawpoll.me/10433589
strawpoll.me/10436570
strawpoll.me/10505482

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
youtube.com/watch?v=VcBODX8GgPE
vimeo.com/57320835
youtube.com/watch?v=qVXhPKo-RAg
youtubedoubler.com/iArF
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

sfm annon here. Just posting a new render that i made.

Cute!
Not exactly sure what's going on, but the word "boop" comes to mind.

Yeah, kinda.

Shoo, shoo!

Max goes to L.A.: youtube.com/watch?v=VcBODX8GgPE

Brooke gets rid of her tech gadgets but finds a Max in the process: vimeo.com/57320835

Why is there a lesbian short romance starring Hannah Telle and I had to find out about that on reddit? You're slacking, /lesg/.

My first /lisg/ post in the last thread got deleted. What did I do wrong?

You started talking about the game.

"I then made my way to the pier, where I made out with a Parrot"- Hannah Telle, 2012

Interesting. I haven't seen those before. While LiS was Hannah's first major role, I didn't know she did very much prior to it. The LA thing seems to be for some travel guide. Would be funny if Rachel and Chloe watch it while planning their escape.
It's great how much Max is Hannah. You can just hear the fangirling over stuff and dorky little remarks, very cute.

Bonus: Kate finding forbidden love: youtube.com/watch?v=qVXhPKo-RAg

Exactly. Sometimes her voice kicks right into what made Max so special. I know it's always an a posteriori thing to do with association and stuff, but Max just wouldn't be Max without Hannah.

Ashly and Hannah both brought their experiences into the game which just made it even more human.
Ashly has experienced the loss of a loved one, so she knows how Chloe would feel about her dad and finding out about Rachel.
Hannah went through something similar to Kate, so that's why Max sounds so genuine when trying to help Kate and talk her down.
Half of the character was the writers creating their backstories. The other half came from the VAs giving them life. While there certainly was flaws in LiS, bland/ unrealistic character was not one of them.
I wish we got some insight from the people who played the villains and antagonists.

Very true. If you listen to Hannah's "Blackwell Podcast" interview, you can hear herself talk just how much she relates to Max, and both her and Ashly are just so irreplacibly significant for these characters.

I've listened to it. It made me appreciate Max even more and want to see Hannah, like Max, overcome her shyness so she can have the success she deserves.

I don't get it.

Her most recent film project just won a vote to get some funding, so it's not going bad.

Technically I have to say Ashly did deserve the awards she's gotten, delivering the most out-standing VA performance in the game. But Hannah deserves one as well for bringing something so unique into the video game world!

Either way, according to herself the role of Max has helped her immensely just on a personal level, and I'm sure it helps her career prospects a great deal too. Winning this vote for example I'm sure also has to do with fans of LiS voting for her project (I know I did).

Honestly? It's a bear and deer hybrid animal, i. e. a "beer". ...And beer is also a beverage.

That's it? Oh. I was looking for a much wittier meaning.
Guess I need to crack open a bear and relax.

When's the last time you've seen a shirt design with a wittier meaning than that? Plus it's Trevor wearing it... Dude looks like he wouldn't understand a joke if it kicked him in the balls (get it?).

On the topic of relaxing, reposting this from last thread: youtubedoubler.com/iArF

>not booping the "chicken's eyes"
I'm sure Chloe realized that later and corrected her mistake though.

That video is great.

"Good morning, Chloe. What do you want for breakfast?"
*points*

"You"

Max: "My shirt?! Ew."

Max isn't really that dumb.
She just pretends to be ignorant and innocent so she can annoy Chloe to the point of practically yelling, in very specific terms, what she wants.

So Max is just pretending to be retarded?

I know. Max is hella smart.

By the way, are you sure your scaling isn't off on these? Max looks a little too small compared to Chloe.

Max should give up photography and become a hair stylist.

I had to rescale them because the room was pretty small, but it seemed like Max was like half a head shorter than Chloe.

You're retarded.

Photography is her dedicated obsession.

These fucking waifufags need to commit mass suicide.

Height-wise that's fine of course, but then something else must be up with those models. The angle here adds to it, but Chloe is considerably more voluminous here (noticeable with the arms and hands especially).

Can I spam yet?

Yeah, you're right actually.

>waifufags
are you projecting, user?

What does that have to do with anything?

Maybe Alice is Bongo reincarnated.

Maybe your mother is my dick reincarnated.

If Alice is Bongo reincarnated, who reincarnated into Lisa?

Some weed Chloe smoked awhile back.

Her and Max would totally get a cat at some point. Maybe a dog too.

My dick reincarnated into Lisa.

did you lose your dick in some tragic michel-induced accident?

You fucking frog!

kiss~

Do you think traumatic memories make Alice scared of travelling in the Marsh family's car?

Hello, QTori. I like the colors on that one.
I read it's based on Rowan's fic, but I can't help but think Chloe would be a better vampire than Max.
I see you've drawn a balance of both really happy stuff, but also sad. Which ending did you pick?

I'm not QTori. I'm just posting something from their tumblr. The description said it was based on Dontnod working on Vampyr and not rowanred's fanfiction.

Movie night
While some loser sits by himself at the drive-in

What are they watching?

Blade Runner.

Jaws. Chloe's helping Max get over her fear.

Alright, we're making a band now!

Which characters are in it and what role do they play?

Well we've got three already
Max- Guitar
Chloe- Bass
(I think Max and Chloe would both sing)
Kate- Violin (Maybe backup singing if needed)
Victoria- Drums
Taylor- Synth (or whatever other instruments were needed)

Brooke could set up and manage the technology/ equipment
Dana and Juliet could handle teaching the costumes and choreography
Stella could be manager
Frank could double as security and drive them around in his RV

Damn, Veeky Forums is moving hella fast again

Some people have said that if Chloe was a boy, that people wouldn't feel sympathy for him.
I think the same would be true if Nathan was a girl. People would just writer her off as insane and probably fetishize it. While I think changing the character's genders wouldn't alter the story that much, it wouldn't work as well.
A lot of people wanted Max to be a guy, but I don't think it would have been nearly as charming.

Max is cute!

Calm down Chloe.

Victoria just realized there's two pirates behind her. Watching.

Night /lesg/

No! Max is Cute! HELLA CUTE!

Sleep tight, user. Don't forget to brush your teeth

Captain Kate will have them scrubbing the decks for making Vicky embarrassed. Right after the two of them have some romantic swimming.

T'is no better Buccaneers on the seas than than Cap'n Chloe and First Mate Max!
They will wreck Captain Kate's dingy and then use Victoria as a figurehead

That's cruel! Why would they be so violent?

You do know what pirates are, right?

Pirates established codes of conduct for themselves. They didn't just casually butcher women and use their stuffed corpses as figureheads. And Max and Chloe certainly wouldn't be the kind of people to do that.

Fine. They take Kate into their crew and haul a tub with wheels aboard so Victoria can stay on their ship as well.
All the girls can be part of the crew. Even Rachel.

Max looks like she has a devilish idea
I wonder if what she's looking at, and the raised hand, has anything to do with it

Take a look where Kate's left hand is located. Behind that angelic smile she's as devious as Max is.

QTori here, It was an influence from watching DONTNOD's recent Vampyr gameplay videos and reading rowarnred's fanfiction. I gave a lot of credit to them for heavily inspiring me to do it. Their eyes were initially suppose to be red but I like violet ones potrayed in the fic instead.

Bae > Bay

I couldn't really get into that fic. Rowanred's take on Max is a bit too extreme for my tastes and the story basically ended with Victoria being brainwashed into obedience.

Neat. I agree that the violet eyes look better than red. Bae ending, got it. Your works seemed to be fairly balanced between referencing both endings, so I got curious.
I hope Vampyr is interesting enough to get art and maybe some LiS crossovers.

The only Rowan fics I could stomach were the happy AUs. When I first got into this game I read (I think) their first one where Nathan turns out to be behind everything and is hiding photos of drugged/ killed girls near the lighthouse. That wasn't bad because it was before Episode 4 and any major reveals.
Then I read the one where Max drives down to Arcadia Bay and brings Chloe back to Seattle. The first part was good, but then it started taking the "Max is really fucked up and cannot be happy" route.

>Rowan's vampire fic
>Finally gets to the point where Victoria's becomes a vampire
>That's it folks, time skip and end

To be honest, they skipped an incredibly meaty part. Let's ignore the romantic/sexual/harem aspect of uber vampire Max having Chloe and Victoria both in some way subserviant.

They've suddenly got a group dynamic with (former?) bully Victoria having to rely on Max for guidance. Plus an antagonistic person suddenly given powers plus predatory urges. Shit would have been incredible. Plus always quick to jealousy Chloe going through the same thing and Max having to balance attention between the two. Shit would have been so ca$h. But nah, just end there. :(

I guess thats fair I suppose, i could agree with you on some points but I boiled it down more into artist's vision and saw it from that perspective. Also the fact that I was in a vampire mood probably swayed me into really liking it.

Indeed. Tho I'm a bit worried the main character is going to be such a blank slate that he'll be incredibly boring. Hoping there are more qt vampire girls for me to draw.

>how to somewhat fix Vampyr: replace the protagonist with a woman
Tell me I'm wrong.

Alternatively give it to another developer besides DONTNOD.

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!) (thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't doe,or butterfly,bluejay or even shit.
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's Chloe just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it.
>Epilogue: Use ur imaginations:)muh budget

I wish they were more open about their feelings (especially Ashly) instead of being Michel's voice

you are.

>how to somewhat fix Vampyr: replace the protagonist with a woman who has time travel powers and has to save her town and best friend from a tornado, also change the setting to arcadia bay