/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

/mhg/ art edition
>Great news!
-Monster Hunter Generations along with special edition N3DS XLs to release July 15.
-Monster Hunter Generations demo is out, has online
-English Patch for Monster Hunter Online is out now kogath.com/TeamHD/

>How do I get my hands on the demo?
EU fags download the demo here: www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-3DS/Monster-Hunter-Generations-1090846.html

NA fags either pray Nintendo sends you a code or buy it for $4 in the e3 humble bundle. That or wait until June 30th for the public release

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/en/mh4u
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In 4U, Target: Fishing (it's 4 to the left)
In X, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)

tinyurl.com
/weeaboos

Tags: MHGen, MHX, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MHFU, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qFb5Fvx0_5M
youtu.be/1gQONN0MZOY?t=178
youtube.com/watch?v=I65dpS6l8bM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for demo code begging

>tfw trying to make a thread
>Refresh catalog
>Sweet, no thread
>Submit
>Duplicate File here

WHELP

3rd for Deviljho!

MHG sucks. SUCKS!!!

what is even up with demon mode
how does wielding two swords suddenly give hunters the ability to infuse their weapons with demon magic?

Shoulda packed your Mega dash juice
:^)

YBGJB-46PE8-HIM6L

BURGERS ONLY

B0MQSTG644CRDJS5

Thanks a ton, user

>he can't channel his inner demon
pleb

B0MQSS3237DMRN5V

You get posessed by the edgyness that comes along with dual wielding.

Thanks dude. I appreciate it.

>Je suis monte
I guess some things never change.

I predict XG is out by September.

I want to play mhg on multiplayer but I haven't played mh in so long I don't think I'll be good

It's a shame there isn't some sort of demo that lets you anonymously practice and screw around with any weapon and style combination you want for the next month before the game comes out.

hmmmmmmm........

N-no you don't get it I wanna play online RIGHT NOW but I will fuck up but that doesn't really matter because I rarely play online anyway and still no one would recognize me or anything but it's troubling me

Slay the cute Nargacuga room

24-4684-2874-5585
You know the pass

It's okay user, we can't blacklist you yet

Don't worry I'm not a hammer user

2 more.
Don't be shy, Doodles.

Is there anyway to counter the occasional spikes of terrible latency I'm getting in MHO or am I just doomed to be at the mercy of chinese innernets?

I heard you can't get evade+3 anyore in Generations/X. Is that true?

It was hilarious being untouchable as an evade Lancer in 4U.

Fug it. Let's 2 man this user.

anybody got a spare burgerland code?

Wait for me anons. I had to find a charger

Hmm I initially thought that the styles in this game actually changed the moveset of the weapon. And each style would be a completely different moveset.

Turns out they are all the same, the only difference is the special moves as far as I can tell. One is basic. One charges them faster. One gives you a jump roll. One is good for evading attacks. but the movesets are all the same. I guess I'm really dumb for thinking that the movesets would change.

there are small variations (losing a move or two, a move or two changing, CB will gain or lose a guard point somewhere), basically as a way to keep guild style balanced, but for the most part, they are the same.
And then there's striker insect glaive, which really changes things up for some reason.

why does Deviljho's theme sound like Godzilla's.

70-3472-6940-1632
Pass in OP

Cats only. Come, fellow c@shitters. Let's hunt an owl. Cats hate birds. Better get in here quick, there's only three slots remaining.

Actually I just go the demo and this is my first cat hunt so.. you know.

What you should be asking is why does Godzilla's theme sound like Deviljho's. ;)

Jonied, my first online cat-hunt too. :3

2 left

Departing in 4 if no one else shows up fellow catshitter.

>try to join an online hub
>get a code 006-0612 error
god damn it why does this happen EVERY TIME FUCK

Why does the MUTO in the 2014 Godzilla look like Nargacuga?

Did you try updating your graphics drivers?

Try buying the game ;^)

sorry, didn't know that downloading the EU demo off of the official site was piracy now

Good hunt, faster than some of the full groups I've seen.

GG. It was fun and tense, user.

Some economic migrant, wait I mean refugee, probably jabbed your connection with his elbow

Someone sent a code to my best friend. Would someone be so kind as to send me one to play with him?

I want to have a loving and long lasting relationship with Diablos!

Shitters. The lot of you. That was awesome. Thanks.

GG cat-bros :3

Narga room 37-2974-9605-9339

Pass in OP

2 slots left

1 left, I'll wait 3 minutes then we go

How the fuck is this a Wyvern? The whole Elder Dragon I understand because they just clump everything ancient together, but there is literally zero reason not to call this a fucking Fanged Beast, which is obviously what it is.

>A Monitor Lizard with tufts of fur is less of a wyvern than any of the Brutes

>Fanged Beasts (Japanese 牙獣種 „Gajūshu“, also known as Pelagus and Primatius) monsters are beastly mammalian creatures that operate with only legs, and no wings. They are often much faster than other larger threats. The first Primatius monsters appeared in Monster Hunter 2. They were referred to as Primatius in earlier translations, but as of Unite are known as Pelagus. More of the Pelagus were added in MHP3, they are known as Fanged Beasts in the Japanese version, and in the English version of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.

>aerial hammer
>charge attack isnt a jumping pound or several frontflips spinning in the air covering great distance

0/10

it's those outward pointing claws, isn't it? the guild thinks they're vestigial wings?

Speaking of which, when are we ever going to get another fanged beast.
If they think plesioth is good enough to have another 2 piscene wyverns then we should get another zinogre esque monster.

MH5 is going to feature a flying Zinogre.

But he has those in the hind legs too, which would mean he would've had 4 wings.

welp

Dang it, almost... Where did those two fags dissapear?

So vg, tell me about your favourite weapons and styles

How the fuck is this an elder dragon?

GS with all of the styles except striker (at least with the demo skills, the evasion skill seems useless compared to guild styles second charge).

Prowler is really fun tho.

How run after recharge bushido L/HBG?
I think I do one time but I don't know how.

Sshhh, don't give Capcom any weird ideas

they should make a crab wyvern next.

lance striker
hammer bushido
HBG striker
HBG bushido
LS Guild, striker maybe, kinda sucks that theres no R attack after a fade slash but still fun
Striker SnS

aerial a shit

japanese dragon

I hadn't been able to get into areal at all, I just keep spamming without any thoughts at all. It makes me feel bad

x after the reload

Aerial hammer is good for the simple fact that it replaces the super pound for an even stronger uppercut.

Aerial style requires the gudest of gud.
youtu.be/qFb5Fvx0_5M

not impressive in the least bit

i can edit my hunts and look good 2

Might be, I go for HH when clubbing, end in rather adept or guild

Dodging with aerial is like adept except it requires more skill.

And I rather*

can someone give me a code

I dont want to buy e3 bundle

can you explain how
not even trying to be a dick but all it looks like to me is luck
ive done it a couple times here and there, and it was always luck based

>he believes in luck

are japanese dragons horses

the frames are at the apex of jump, so its naturally harder to pull off

Are moms girls?

Does anyone here actually use switch axe? It seems so slow and boring desu

X before the reload for HBG,
for LBG I think you can do either.

Nargagagagaga

24-4082-9920-5071

Does Bushido dodge have a cooldown at all? I started watching gameplay for Cross, at it seems stupidly broken.

youtu.be/1gQONN0MZOY?t=178 as an example. (2:58 if the time-stamp doesn't work.) If you can really just dodge through charges like that, even after taking a risky hit like that hunter did, I don't see why you would run anything else.

Yeah, I was planning to main SA in village, but I'm not feeling it from the demo, I've only tried aerial and bushido, I dunno, maybe guild is where it's at

>Does Bushido dodge have a cooldown at all?
No

Every single dodge roll can trigger it

>tfw can pirate the demo but friends didn't hack their 3dses so have to rely on codes

liked and subscribed

MHXG will be revealed in September at TGS. Will be out in November.

thanks vampai

That sounds like prime cheese potential. Are the monsters more aggressive to compensate for the super dodge? That sounds a bit hard to believe balance wise, since I heard some weapons get some really good moves after the dodge (free lvl.3 on bow for example).

>Bushido HBG

Well this is fucking awesome.

I kind of want to play the game using HBG once it's out, as opposed to melee like I've played for all other games. Then again I'm not sure how good bowguns are earlygame, and shelling out money for ammo doesn't sound too appealing.
How much of the ethereal or whatever ammo do you get? I like the idea behind it but is it a useful amount or is it pretty negligible?

>That sounds like prime cheese potential.
to be fair it can get you in dumb spots due to that extra amount of distance you end up running and cannot cancel out of

>Are the monsters more aggressive to compensate for the super dodge?
nope

>I heard some weapons get some really good moves after the dodge (free lvl.3 on bow for example).
yep

welcome to monster shitter x, enjoy your stay

it's not supposed to be impressive you fucking nignog.

It's a reference video.

i-is that a cephadrome on the far left

youtube.com/watch?v=I65dpS6l8bM
pretty useful