/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

Reminder that SteIIaris has its own general and discussion of the game doesn't go here. Thank you.

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, June 18th:
860 – Byzantine–Rus' War: A fleet of about 200 Rus' vessels sails into the Bosphorus and starts pillaging the suburbs of the Byzantine capital Constantinople.
1757 – Battle of Kolín between Prussian forces under Frederick the Great and an Austrian army under the command of Field Marshal Count Leopold Joseph von Daun in the Seven Years' War.
1815 – Napoleonic Wars: The Battle of Waterloo results in the defeat of Napoleon Bonaparte by the Duke of Wellington and Gebhard Leberecht von Blücher forcing him to abdicate the throne of France for the second and last time.
1940 – "Finest Hour" speech by Winston Churchill.

>News
EU4 DD16/06
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-16th-of-june-2016.948773/

CK2 DD 8 - Life goes on
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-development-diary-8-life-goes-on.939724/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - General Fixes V005
pastebin.com/ycs3f6UA

>>[CK2 - 2.5.2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.5 - 18/06/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=705170802&searchtext=
nrm.wikipedia.org/wiki/Page_dé_garde
imgur.com/a/Ywmqw
strawpoll.me/10518934
pastebin.com/zK3YrpNx
poal.me/nq1xtq
youtube.com/watch?v=fLYUa1rAaQ8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

2nd for hitler

Reminder to pay for the games you play

Hou4 is pretty shit

This "make the same posts in every single thread" meme is getting a bit old.

>start new thread early just so you can say Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.
every time

This "meme about a meme getting old" is getting a bit old

Alright, can we put the memes aside for a moment and all agree that, for what it set out to do, HoI4 is a success? It gave us a WWII grandstrat free from all the archaic bullshit of Darkest Hour, and also much easier to get into then HoI3. Can anyone here honestly say they enjoy wasting an hour to fix their OoB every time they start a game of HoI3? Not to mention that, rather than needing to tediously micromanage industry like in other HoI games, HoI4's industry is both streamlined as well as more intuitive than the previous games. Yeah, it's true that HoI4 leads to more "ahistorical" scenarios, but isn't that the point? Why even bother playing the game if the outcome is predetermined form the start? Moreover, from a pure gameplay perspective, giving the player more options, whether they be historical or ahistorical, is a total success. Sure, Mosley ruling Britain never could have happened in reality, but it's fun to have the ability to easily do so in video game form.

Overall, I feel that HoI4 is getting a lot of undeserved hate simply because it isn't a total copy of HoI3 with slightly better graphics. Of COURSE the game is different - HoI3 already exists, there would be no point to making the same game again! HoI4 may be different, but that's by design, not by some unforeseen flaw, and it should be celebrated for the changes it made, not hated on.

Look man, I gotta improve my self-esteem some how.

wtf I hate Johan now

Why ddrjake is so fucking autistic?

>tfw I recently started cheating and I can't stop

I don't even know why I do it, I'm good at these games and have thousands of hours in each one (not Stellaris and HOI4, those aren't /gsg/)

all i do is cheat m8

Fucking Machine parts

Artisans do something jesus

>tfw OC I made half a year ago gets posted for the first time

play multiplayer

you can't cheat then

me too m8

If you have the tech just try using the NF

Are there more gifs of mussolini? I've only ever seen these two.

What are the modifiers from Trotsky?

There is no end to our memes...

Or to shitposting.

(Upvote if you get the reference, like and subscribe if you didn't, favorite & retweet if you want help getting the reference)

There aren't that many good Duce gifs

I'm using that already

The demand is already 3k+ and supply is 10

Fucking brits stop building factories and sell me that shit. I just need few for my own machine parts factory...

""""""historical""""""
Why is AI Germany so fucking shit?

Are heavy fighters worth or should I just build normal fighters?

Memeing memes for memes sake

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=705170802&searchtext=

nice virus

>looking up norman localisations for ck2
>find nrm.wikipedia.org/wiki/Page_dé_garde
>mfw there's a norman wiki

>airfield

VIRUS VIRUS VIRUS

DO NOT OPEN BEWARE

Reposting from last thread:

Alright anons, the previous poll is closed. The top five choices for starting location were Greece & the Balkans, The Levant & Euphrates Basin, Iberia, Italia, and the Baltic.

As with the start date poll, to ensure against skew we're going to have a brief run-off poll with these top choices included and only one vote allowed. This poll will only run for a few more hours.

As before, the imgur album:

imgur.com/a/Ywmqw
imgur.com/a/Ywmqw

And the new poll:

strawpoll.me/10518934
strawpoll.me/10518934

>Why is HOI4 so shit

3 months later and Germany has lost some of their gains on Poland.

[V2] unHistorical minomod pastebin.com/zK3YrpNx (embed)

Changes for 1.5
Bug fixes
Fixed Illyrian Illinois
Fixed broken Batavian decisions
Fixed Batavian and Illyrian localisations
Fixed archeology decisions and event crashing the game
Fixed some CTD bugs
Fixed wrong USA state cores

I noticed ai has problems with wars on few fronts, so they will juggle like 90% of their forces between all fronts. They push a bit then when they notice Poland is pushing on their other front they again move 90% of their forces to Poland.

look like you drove up the tension a lot which make poland join the Allies instantly and then Britain joins in and bomb the shit out of them

>tfw Victoria 2 will always be shitty at portraying civil wars

All these games will always be shit at portraying civil wars and asymmetrical warfare

post johan memes

>Cheat to make China civilized from start and give them best school reform and all education techs

>mfw the global economy totally crashes

>i cheat and disbalance the game
>the game is disbalanced
hmm, weird

>The Allies will guarantee independence when the Axis justify war, but not when the Comintern do
I can basically go to town on any neutral nation in the game, without international intervention. This seems super broken by the way.

Play it through all the way to 1936 lad and post results

Any good map mods for DH?

this

agreed

hoi4 is good

>nukes literally do nothing
>drop 30 nukes on the border with france to assist the front with nationalist spain and they do nothing

fuck you paradox im glad i pirated your shit no one should pay a penny for the garbage you put out

hoi4 10x better Stellaris

>have a deficit of 2 steel
>trade a civ factory for 8 steel
>assume the 6 steel that isn't used gets stockpiled
>cancel trade since that 6 extra steel I was getting had built up
>immediately am at a deficit of 2 steel
am I doing something wrong?

How many divisions should i have before im at war with germany?

All trades are in increments for whatever reason

Wouldn't be hard.

Resources don't get stockpiled.

more

boo hoo my nukes aren't OP

Because that's how much a civilian factory is worth but shouldn't you get to keep the rest of the resource if you don't use it all?

DLC will fix it, remember to pre-order!

>[V2] - Legacy of Slovenia v1.01 >[V2] - unHPM v1.3.1 >[V2] - 7 Years v4.1 >[V2] - Robmod v2.5 >[V2] - Visegradmod v3.2

Based Cobra

vote
poal.me/nq1xtq
poal.me/nq1xtq
poal.me/nq1xtq
poal.me/nq1xtq
poal.me/nq1xtq

thanks kass

That's right goy, if you pre-order all of our 3d model and flavor DLC we may give you one that will actually fix the game in 2-3 years!

I claim this thread in the name of Radical Yugoslavia

youtube.com/watch?v=fLYUa1rAaQ8

So, not Kaiserreich: Legacy of the weltkreig, Kaiserreich: What if Germany had won? The fuck? I blame the plebbitors for this

>expecting 1940s nuclear weapons to do anything when you need this much modern nukes to make some effect

ROC is too strong pls nerf paradox or boost japans fighting spirit

Reminder that serfdom and slavery are the same

forgot pic

Thank you, Cobra. Thank you because I am joyful. Thank you because I am well. No matter how old I become, I shall never forget how we received Cobra two days ago. Centuries will pass, and the generations still to come will regard us as the happiest of mortals, as the most fortunate of men, because we lived in the century of centuries, because we were privileged to see Cobra, our inspired leader. Yes, and we regard ourselves as the happiest of mortals because we are the contemporaries of a man who never had an equal in world history.

The men of all ages will call on thy name, which is strong, beautiful, wise and marvelous. Thy name is engraven on every factory, every machine, every place on the earth, and in the hearts of all men.

Every time I have found myself in his presence I have been subjugated by his strength, his charm, his grandeur. I have experienced a great desire to sing, to cry out, to shout with joy and happiness. And now see me--me!--on the same platform where the Great Cobra shitposted a year ago. In what country, in what part of the world could such a thing happen?

And when the woman I love presents me with a child the first word it shall utter will be : Cobra.

Japan is weak af and the general changes mod fucks them up even more by taking control over Manchukuo from them

>Slavery
>A system where people can be traded as goods
>Same thing as serfdom
>A system where people aren't treated as goods

t.Grandi

>no Nicky
>no Mosley
6/10, apply yourself

friendly reminder most serfs had better working lives than modern workers

>fight against china for almost 2 years
>finally done
>build up and declare on the allies
>snatch Singapore easily
>Manilla falls too
>take all of south east asia
>start planning the invasion of British Raj
>complete standstill going back and forth in the bengal region
>declare on tibet to push from there
>forget that tibet is nothing but mountains with shit infrastructure
>they have their whole army on that border
>complete british naval dominace in the indian ocean
>all my convoys are getting sunk near Germany
>germany is losing
never ever trust the AI tbqh lads

>losing against ai britains navy
>as fucking Japan
Don't blame your own shortcomings on the ai

FUCK

YOU

How the fuck does maneuver warfare even work in HoI3?
>give panzer corps a line through the enemy provinces
>it breaks through and moves one province
>1 tank div immediately keeps going and tries to attack the enemy in the next province on its own
>the other 4 have 64h cooldown before the next attack even though I gave them the path beforehand

it was actually the australian one for the most part

It's okay to be a scrub, user. No need to be ashamed

>wait two weeks
>hoi4 is still the only thing that gets posted in the thread
When will it end?

honestly, australia seem pretty good for a minor nation in HoI4 not even gonna lie lad

it's hard as fuck to invade

>going anything but grand memeplan

Is taking New Sealand and Australia as Japan blobbing?

I did say 3

when you quit crying

s-sorry

Alright, on account of the lack of new votes and the clear dominance of the Levant & Euphrates in the poll, I'm calling it now. I'll be playing there.

Tomorrow will be the poll on whether or not I should play as an existing character or a ruler designer character. Because there'll only be two options and it won't be a multi-choice poll, I won't have a run-off for it and it won't be 24 hours, just until a clear favorite stands out.

Kinda, but not really. It's hard to decide tbqh. Blobbing in Asia isn't, but Australia and New Zealand isn't Asia, but they're kinda in Japans geographical sphere.

Option to manually puppet nations fucking when

there was literally nothing wrong with the Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere

>Nukes literally forced Japan to end WW2

I found it very trivial to invade. They had barely anything defending.

why isn't churchill or de gaulle leader of France and Britain in general changes mod?

correct me if i'm wrong, but weren't they the leaders of that period

lad, the spirit of yamato was not something to joke about

there would be an insane gorilla war in japan if usa invaded

>asians except koreans, filipinos and chinese still celebrate Japan as the saviour of Asia
wew lad

Then why do we have to invade Japan do force them to peace out? Did Johan lie to us?

Why does it feel so disgusting to take anything west of Cambodia as Japan but as European colonial powers you feel free to blob anywhere?