angband.oook.cz/competition.php

Junethack is ongoing for the rest of June: junethack.net/

DCSS Trunk Updates:
crawl.develz.org/wordpress/trunk-updates-12-june-2016

>FAQ and What to Play
FAQ: pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34
What to Play?: pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Webterminal
Rogue Nexus – Cataclysm online with shared map and tons of other roguelikes in a simple online package! (USA Only)
roguenex.us

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/pkf1qnuZ

Old Thread:

>OP isn't amy

ohio do ur best etc

>120 damage melee hit

Amy I love you and want you to have my babies

I D E N T I Q U A F F

>not playing that one specific trunk version where juggernauts have a single 120 damage melee instead of two at 80 and 40
i bet you hate fun

well meme'd, user
may you and your orb take it easy together forevermore

pff, I bet you don't even play itemless MuCK with turn 1 god abandonment while wearing nipple clamps.

First for Chei. I really need to clean up my images. I always mix the two up. That win is super old and isn't even supposed to be in that folder.

identiquaff depends on game obviously

it's fine in crawl, sort of ok in nethack but you should really price-id and buc test first, incredibly dumb in angband (just use ?ID, and anyways there really IS a potion of death)

Your pic disappeared, so I'm reposting it for you.

he deleted it out of shame, user

What a fucking faggot.
I'm glad I turned you into a grid bug.

>2cat
>not a dwarf
shame
shame
shame

>that turncount
take it

What's better - two-by-swords for base damage, or cudgels for techniques?

T-thanks, I guess. Like I said, that win is super old and I didn't really mean to post it. Posting old wins is really lame.

cudgels are more dps anyways because of RAPIDU STRIKU

>these garbage op images
Come on.

What a lucky find.

Naicu.
Also, ironically it seems like kimonos are one of the best items of clothing for heat coverage.

Additionally, manhacks can suck a dick

Good feedback. I'll take it into consideration, user.

post the id when you have the cash

Knife spear (or forked if you really want to grind those skills). To me reach kiting is better than everything else you can make early on unless you start with a martial art.

Yep.

jesus
is that from the very first rogue of the thief quest?
wtf. enjoy your free reaching level 25

hey, +3 speed ain't bad

I'm dicking around with the pains of a lab challenge so unfortunately no knife-spear but plenty of manhacks which COULD drop combat knifes - if they weren't the most painfully annoying enemy I've encountered in the game so far.

can you still throw random shit from your pockets at them to get around their dodge skill or was that changed

Oh, for lab challenge I usually just use a wood plank since you don't want to fight anything tougher than a normal zombie anyway. I guess whichever is better against skitterbots is the best one.

You can sometimes find machetes in the dissection rooms, easily the best non-combat knife weapon to be found in the lab.

Turns out lost lands are a pretty good source of artifacts at a somewhat low risk.

Open the door.
Get on the floor.

Can you truly be said to playing the lab challenge without shoving all the mutant body parts you find into your mouth?

You can, but it'll usually do zero damage or they'll dodge.

Eh. I'm keeping the cudgel around for now. I am scum so I got strength to 15, so damage output isn't a problem but zapback and time delay is.

You. You understand.

dAd

>scaredscaredscaredscaredscaredscared
I guess 8 charisma will do that to you.
Back to melee

>when you sneak into a vault and stab everyone in it to death just right
It's such a satisfying feel.

>Fighting a planetar surrounded with breathers with

how many turns before you went splat? just 1?

>why.mp3

the drain flys are attracted to the food in my room and bounce of my screen at night when im trying to play roguelikes holy shit im so fucking annoyed this has been going on every night for months

Spamming manastorm and darkness storm and then phasing away and using my healing staff on everything worked out up to that point.

There are massive craneflies around here which somehow got into the house and bump around the walls trying to fly into my lights. It's pretty annoying.

Bugs are gross.

Because I get fucking heavy wield because of my top shit strength. I was using Soulsword anyway.
around 3 or 4.

The strength of scary monsters fear is based on their depth level. So deeper monsters will make you more afraid. Also doom drake packs can be threats even deeper than their native depth. Keep an eye out for that and don't let so many things get LOS on you at once.

Are you saying that's bad code? How else would you randomly decide between 3 options? This is the cleanest way to do it.
What are the best classes for lazy, given that the drop can be a hammer or a bow?

I think everyone can master the lazy weapons.

Right, I didn't even know that. I just learned that "petrified" is a fear status too.
>those stats are awful for your level
I actually found the cap of Sam and the cloak of Merry and since they reduce your strength but give you +1 speed I had trouble lifting my load so it would counteract the speed bonus that they gave me.

>Coolthulhu nerfed cotton balls
It's the end of an era.

Please explain the cdda cottonball thing to someone who has barely played cdda.

I think you can apply them to heal yourself, like a bandage. They never stood out to me though, especially when just sleeping heals you for a shit ton

Sleeping requires you to be tired, but cotton balls are ubiquitous and train first-aid.

Also, if you have a shit health score, you're shit outta luck.

But basically, you find 4 cotton balls in a pillow, and can find ~2/3 pillows on a single bed, more on a double.
At no first aid, cotton balls, like bandages, heal 1/4/3 for head/torso/limbs, at first aid 1, torso is 5

Just five pillows is 20 cottons balls, which is 80 torso health, or 60 limb health.

They're gr8

It was a healing item, like a less effective bandage, and though it didn't heal much, it was common as muck. You could heal basically anything by finding a house, tearing up all the bedclothes, and rubbing a few kilos of cotton on your mangled limb stumps.

>playing Gearhead
>trying to get a spiritual martial arts character running, because I think playing a dude who 1v1s giant robots with his bare hands and the indomitable will of the human spirit would be fun
>turn out to be right, but can't figure out what to do with mysticism
>after some googling, find out that you have to do something to the shrines after you use the main shrine in the monastery in the desert
>hike all the way out there
>use the main shrine, get a +1 stat boost to two stats, try again: "you have already meditated at this shrine today"
>use the next closest shrine, get a stat boost of the same size to one stat
>later while searching for the rest of the shrines, notice the stat boost is gone
>google some more: it's apparently a temporary bonus that goes away within 24 hours
>also that it scales with mysticism and your stats
>realize my mysticism is already really high: on the same level as my damage-dealing skills
>realize that the monastery is far from anything important, so by the time I reach it the boost may have worn off already
>realize cyberparts are probably a lot cheaper, EXPwise
desu I'm more than a little salty
At least martial arts seems to be really good.

Weird, unrelated thing I've noticed: EXP gain seems to be linked to how quickly you kill your enemy, or maybe how many attacks it takes, or possibly how disabled they are (as one increases, all increase, which makes it hard to tell the difference). An opponent that I completely disabled over many attacks and a long period of time gave 1 EXP. An opponent I broke the leg over a few attacks and short period of time gave ~30. However, a opponent I killed as quickly as possible, with as few attacks as possible gave 350-400.

health in cdda doesn't normally regenerate, you need to either sleep (which you can't do all the time) or use healing items

cotton balls were a kind of shitty healing item except that they were common as shit, and why bother using a rare first aid kit when you could just eat a dozen cotton balls to return to full hp?

VVV LOW HITPOINT WARNING VVV

A BROKEN BACK RENDERS YOU GRACELESS

>it invokes the hand of doom!

Q@y
Fuck that nonroguelike shit.

>Burns you terribly!

Yea I mean the game is bullshit anyway. It's fun at first but then you just get instagibbed by shit later on

the fuck

attention whoring faggot

kys

It's a meme newfag.

not an argument.

I'd buy that for a dollar.

YOUR MOVE CREEP

>no robocop roguelike

That image doesn't seem appropriate to me because the Minotaur of theLabyrinth is probably the easiest dungeon boss and Baphomet is a push-over.

I got Forcefield AND Spines on my latest Demonspawn. Splat incoming.

That is clearly a MiBe sacrificing a HuWz on an altar.

Then why does it appoint Chris, rightfully in my opinion, as the Lord High God of All Creation?
Shouldn't that seat be reserved for Xom?

I've concluded that red dragons are the only dragon worth playing. They have:
>low exp penalty (for a dragon)
>best mix of melee and breath damage makes them amazing fighters all around
>built in fire resist that eventually grows into immunity
The only thing that can hope to contest with them are white dragons who are basically just a palette swap version of them with a different element. Red is better though because the fire resistance is incredibly useful for fighting fire which is far more common (2 bosses are fire-themed dragons) than cold and lategame cold damage falls off hard because undead resist it.

Steel are good for similiar reasons, but yeah. You just want the ones with good melee, xp, and life.

Don't they lose DEX when they level though?

>tfw no Dragon evolves into a Great Wyrm of Space-Time

I just wanted to be like Einstein-senpai.

>Splatted to a pack of 3 hungry ghosts

I'm so ashamed of myself

The problem with the other dragon types is they have some sort of retarded gimmick in exchange for being shit offensively, sadly they can't rely on the gimmick for the entire game. I'm sure Chris would just gimp them like the others.

>Just consumed 20 serums, including 4 purifiers
Proud of myself.

>make friendships that will last a lifetime!

Yeah, all Dragons should evolve into a Great Wyrm of Power at level 50.
Just joking of course, however it would be funny to try how good they would be as a monster race actually.
Can possessors possess them?

You can possess them if you're lucky enough to get them to drop their corpse.

>tfw there's a tavern thread in the advice section that's getting it all wrong and you want the right info to be given to any new players who might be reading, but at the same time you don't want to bother because the tavern is full of loud autists propagating bad information and trying to point that out isn't worth the hassle

You're probably wrong.
Shields are shit.

that's why bucklers are banned in mumo and a large shield is practically required for late game mumo

Shields were shit.
And then they made it so SH is internally doubled.

Shields are absolutely insane.

A challenge game where you can't wear body armor and have to compensate with another form of defense (a shield) is not a good indicator of how good shields are.

If I guessed correctly and it is the shields thread that you were talking about, my opinion on that thread is that it has good posts that accurately describe shield pros and cons.

If you were to post that "shields can be good with unarmed" that wouldn't be particularly wrong.

Are you sure you're not confused about the time when the SH value was halved in the UI while keeping the same effectiveness?

Later I lost 100 mhp from vapour quest.

>Scroll of Acquirement
>Get Obsidian Axe
>On a mage
Not sure if it's worth using or not...

First level of Icky Cave

Oh fuck me

Who else here /dragon/?

Man Vehumet has been on the ball with his gifted spells today. He gave me Bolt of Magma and Iron shot pretty much one right after another.