Biggest Jokes of the 20th Century

>universal human rights

>culture
>state
>morality

Human rights are a great idea to be honest, they just need to be basically much more minimal.

I'd say that the basic human right is to not be the victim of violence unless there are extreme circumstances. That's not much, but it's important.

The problem with the extended human rights is the classic leftist problem of death denial. It basically amounts to "you have the right to not die". Well if that's true, I guess God is a massive war criminal.

>völkisch movement
>international proletarian revolution

Still laughing about those tbqh

>God is a massive war criminal
A pretty easy point to argue going from the old testament, but thats neither here nor there

>"God" is tied up with Jewish beliefs
When will fedoras leave? You keep talking about how many religions there are and then forget all about it when it's convenient

>Individualism

> war would be over by christmas
first joke best joke

UHRs are so 18th century, even communists dumped the concept by the end of the 20th century.

>of the 20th Century
It's the biggest joke since the XVIIIth century mane

>The League of Nations
FOLLOWED BY
>The United Nations
Why do we still pretend everyone is going to get along forever?

I specifically said if you were going from the old testament

>> war would be over by christmas
that's not a widespread belief advocated by the leaderships of involved combatants
in the rare exception to the above, kaiser wilhelm claimed the soldiers would be home before fall, not christmas
then again, that was wilhelm so...

Considering we are living in the most peaceful period in human history I would say its going pretty well

>peace is good
>life isnt agon

The UN has done absolutely nothing to prevent war

>its edgy to want excitement out of life
>its edgy to want to earn a life instead of being given a "right" to it.
>its edgy for one to experience agon to build character

We are "peaceful" only because of our access to weapons of mass destruction and the US military dominating all others, not because we "get along" with each other.

Everything you just said was edgy.

So?

So it's not 'going pretty well' if we're not killing each other just because we are forced not to (unless we want to destroy mankind), and not because we want to preserve peace for the sake of peace

>UN

>I am an hedonist and everybody must be like me

found the cancerous 20 yo pleb

This, I laugh every time someone says the UN prevented anything, especially if they also don't belive in mutally assured destruction

t. COD kid

This is the only decent post in the entire thread.

So?

So things would be going well if we as humans were peaceful in our nature and in the way we live, and not just because we are forced to be peaceful, because in my view that is not peace

>So?

>not having all of the ghostbusters be Stirner or a house
wew lad

Secular humanism

Definitely American style Christianity and Saudi style Islam

Do you guys actually despise / have disdain for heroic ideals? Or are you trolling? Legitimate question, please respond.

Its typical of moderns to ridicule and be cynical of heroism, because acknowledging it as a value would illustrate how much their own lives fall short of it and how undeserving of existence they are.

Instead of valuing the balance of intellect, courage, and strength, the modern values them separately and only are only valued in relation to the conceptual limits of the modern civilization, never beyond them.

But it is by definition peace.

Who the hell cares why the peace exists as long as it does?

Are you in the military? If not, why not?

Veeky Forums History & Humanities

It shouldn't matter, but yes, Army Reserve.

Going active duty when i commission as an officer with my philosophy degree.

Why do people feel compelled to focus on the individual whenever they offer any insights, as if just because the individual either doesn't practice the insights or falls short of them that makes them of any less use.

I understand that its important to practice what you preach but its far more important to analyze the values on their own merits instead of needing a human paragon of those virtues to validate them for you.

It matters because it's despicable to wax poetic about the glory of warfare while sitting comfortably out of harm's way.

>But it is by definition peace.
Yes peace is by definition peace
>Who the hell cares why the peace exists as long as it does?
It does matter why peace exists if you want to preserve peace, the peace we have now as I argue is not real peace because it's not going to last for long (I believe). If you want peace to last, it has to come from genuinely peaceful people

>If you want peace to last, it has to come from genuinely peaceful people

So never then.

This is probably as good as it's gonna get.

It's all downhill from here.

>equality for the unequal

>masculinity

itt: smug, low iq 14 years olds trying way too hard.