What does his think about the blog "medieval poc?"

What does his think about the blog "medieval poc?"
Is it any legit or just another form of "we wuz"?

I dont know it, so nothing.

HOL UP

You just opened the box of pol/dora. Brace yourselves.

Man, america needs another war or something.

Some of the stuff is legit, but the author overstates the presence of noneuropeans in europe to a ridiculous level claiming it was "full of them" which seems to be reviosionistic.

I dont know it, what kind of stuff does it say?

could you perhaps be saying that we were kings and such

SJW retardation. I mean blog about medieval poc might be really interesting, but the author consider any character paint in slightly darker color to be poc. I remember one painting of blond black queen of Sheba interpreted as "there were many black people" while the painting looks like only thing the artist knew about appearance of black people was that they are black.

Was King Arthur a Finn?

Medieval POC is probably the worst case of Wewuzism i have ever seen.

I honestly can't tell if it's satire or not.

I've seen worse, a lot of it is legitimate

Actually i take back what i said, Atlanta Blackstar is probably the worst case of Wewuzism i`ve ever seen.

Explains it well.

It seems to think that moors and arabs count as black people

Atlanta blackstar get bonus points for actually being a real paper and not some tumblr blog.

>look, some people painted blacks in medieval Europe, that means it was actually a multi-cultural region with millions of ethnic minorities.

In reality, most of them are depictions of Moors, who were not actually black, but Berbers (at least most of them). But a lot of people in Europe who never actually saw a Moor believed that they were and depicted them as such. Really, the fact that there are so many depictions of black Moors actually shows how rarely most of Europe saw a "POC".

>In reality, most of them are depictions of Moors, who were not actually black

No, in reality Moor is an umbrella term that does in fact encompass Africans, Berbers, Arabs, and Muslims in general. Even when the term moor, it can be broken in groups, such a Blackamoor which is of course Africans and African Muslims, even African Jews. You have tawny moor which is used to describe Berbers, Arabs, and the mixture of African/Arab or Arab/Berber, or African/Berber, etc.

In Europe it was actually not that rare to see a Moor, many dwelled in coastal towns rather then deep in the mainland.

Here's a picture that that depicts the levels within society blacks held, the distinction here is free and not free.

That don't seem to be moors though, more like Africans coming due to Portugal's trade with Africa.

>1570-80
>medieval

>Moors/Berbers/Maghrebis
>Black

what is this revisionist nonsense?

>That don't seem to be moors though
Elaborate..because those who considered themselves Portuguese (those who submit to the Portuguese crown essentially) and were African likely garnered the respect of the "white" citizens. Those who were lower rank is society and were not seen as loyalists to the crown were considered Moors, whether you were black, Berbers, or Arab, or even Indian.

To this day the word Moor itself is a debated topic because of it's ambiguous usage, which imo is often why people come to their own conclusions as to the definition of the word, in reality their is no concrete definition that we today can understand fully.

Understood, just misunderstood you and thought you said that were the moors who ruled the Iberian peninsula

With regards to the Islamic rule of Iberia, the term Moor was later imposed (my guess is shortly after the removal of the Caliphate by the Christians, I highly highly doubt that the they (Almoravids, Almohads, etc) ever called themselves Moors.

Some of what they post is correct. It would be cool to have someone focus on that forgotten aspect of European history, but they obviously have a political agenda and they overstate everything to serve that agenda. They exaggerate wildly to the point where it undoes anything true they might've been saying.

They actually claimed one of my ancestors from the 18th century was black lmao. I didn't get how it was medieval, but I think they were making a general point about Ireland. Their entire reasoning for it was his half brother who was a general in Spain was nicknamed "Dubh", which means "black". I tried explaining to them that in pre-modern Irish naming conventions, epithets like "dubh" were either to do with someone's hair colour or their temperment. I went on to say that "dubh" isn't even the Irish word for a black person, that's "gorm", which literally means "blue". I don't really know how tumblr works so I don't know if they ever saw it, but it made me pretty steamed.

"medieval poc" is hated even on tumblr for anachronistically applying modern american racial terms like poc to historical periods, not having any knowledge of history at all, celebrating non-western imperialism as "poc empires" while also being anti-semitic and dismissive of sinti and roma.
also the admin falsely claimed to be a black male (is actually white woman)

It's definitely wewuzism except it's run by an Asian dude (I believe) with an anti-Eurocentric chip on his shoulder

It predates the WeWuz meme by at least three years

The blog medievalpoc covers antiquity to the 18rh century.

Pocinpremoderneurope is a less catchy name.

It's wewuzery of the highest order. He had a spit with the Kingdom Come project leader (Dan Vavra) because he implied there should be blacks in a game about medieval Bohemia or some shit, it became a meme on the Czech internet.

>REEEEEEEEEE PUT BLACK PEOPLE IN YOUR GAME THERE WERE THOUSANDS OF BLACK PEOPLE IN BOHEMIA AT THE TIME
>actually I checked census records and there were only two black people in Bohemia at the time, both slaves dozens of miles away from where the game is set :^)
>REEEEEEEEEE WELL PUT CUMANS IN YOUR GAME THEN
>I already did :^)
Vavra is a good spud

Racial terms and racial science began in Europe, let's be clear here.. This is why in America and else where in world that adheres to this "science" have to make distinctions about the different characteristics of the [human race], because that's what the science is about.

So thinking in this concept one would need to make distinctions and terms like poc to be more specific in their logic.

speaking in a modern context with racial science in mind, if I told you a story about some esteemed general in the Roman army and didn't mention the fact that he was black or white, a westerner or easterner, European or Asian. You'd generally come to your own narrow conclusion as to who/what that general was.

It began in Spanish and English colonies, including America.

For everyones information

The science began in Germany with such characters of Johann Friedrich Blumenbach, and was largely exercised in Spanish and English and American colonies.

>there were no blacks in Bohemia
>BUT MOORS!!!
>implying there were Moors in Bohemia

Fucking Americans I swear. Also I liked how Vavra consults actual historians and museums all over Europe while this wewuzing dumbass thinks he can outsmart him by posting wikipedia articles.

I don't know where to begin cringing: at the wewuzniggery, or a head of a founder of a fucking company replying like some Veeky Forums poster.

>"Oh please Mr. American teach me about our history! I was only born on the borders of bohemia, Germany, and Poland so I don't know shit."
>Founder of a studio.

He couldve just done the professional thing like pointing to the people he consulted, tell Twittercunts to consult those people, and leave it at that. Not a a multipost tirade, jesus.

He actually is a Veeky Forums poster believe it or not.

That's not hard to believe in the slightest.

If it was just about showing different peoples depicted in European art, I'd have no problem. I love seeing how different cultures depicted each other. But there does seem to be a modern agenda here.

Actually nothing cringeworthy about that, he quickly told the wewuzer to shut the fuck up and sit down, that's how you deal with these people.

Yeah, both sides of that argument act like retards.

>Oh please Mr. American teach me about our history! I was only born on the borders of bohemia, Germany, and Poland so I don't know shit.
God I hate this kind of reasoning. You learn about a region's history by actually researching about it, not by being born in it. If anything being born outside of a region gives you a more unbiased perspective.

yeah, its an appeal to emotion.

>poc
What the fuck did this absurdly patronising appellation come from?

What's wrong with "black", "coloured" or "nigger"?

t. whitey

Not that guy, but as a Québécois I prefer when people call me ''frog'' over bullshit, patronizing terms like ''linguistic minority''. I assume it might be the same for blacks.

My best friend calls me a frog all the time and I laugh it off. I sometimes invite him to eat flies and chill with me on my water lily. This kills the racism.

If you are born in a certain place you probably grow up learning a lot of the shit even without actively researching it, not to mential the things you learn in school. If I was Vavra I'd be downright pissed that some American is trying to lecture me about my country even though the only thing that ever interested him about Bohemia was whether there were niggers in it.

>that t-shirt
am I supposed to be on this guy's side?

>that's how you deal with these people.
Not if you represent a company you don't. I can do that all I want here, but as a cunt talking about my product, the last thing I want to do is emanate negative PR.

Bad PR can haunt you.

In a personal note, the way he replied to it was plain immature. As a cunt unwisely following an MA in history, if some SWJ revisionist comes at me swinging I'll just give them my sources and bid them good day.

I don't know how that isn't racist at all. Isn't calling someone colored fucking racist to begin with?

PoC is like implying that White is the default human being and that other persons just happened to have other colours. Jesus fuck.

It only seemed to help his PR so far.

>This is why in America and else where in world that adheres to this "science" have to make distinctions about the different characteristics of the [human race], because that's what the science is about.
The problem is that Americans turned it into black white yellow spic redskin shitflinging.

European racial science, as retarded as racial science is in general is mostly ethnicity related so it's kind of an extension standard nationalism/chauvinism while American racial science is a tool for handling their internal issue.

People who get angry at things like that dont play his sort of games.

yes. He is a based dev who doesn't give a fuck. If he said the same thing about some white guy, he would be a cuckold.

>implying people who play autism simulators aren't the worst kinds of wewuzkangs

meant for

>wearing meme shirts is cool now

it was ironic
neo Veeky Forums will think he is based, and then pirate his game.

I think in this case it's a form of marketing. Some people might see having pointless arguments with idiots on Twitter as pointless and a waste of time, but Vavra is helping to sure up the Veeky Forums audience.

Veeky Forums is going to play bonerlord instead
[spoiler]inb4 never ever[/spoiler]

>Not if you represent a company you don't. I can do that all I want here, but as a cunt talking about my product, the last thing I want to do is emanate negative PR.
1. this is the main reason why political correctness went full retard
2. he is well aware his target audience are rather Veeky Forums autist than SJWs

Person/People of color is a term originating in the late 18th century in the US

Veeky Forums autists don't play full on autism games
they play weebshit VNs and overwatch and make posts about how they want widowmaker to sit on their face.

>1. this is the main reason why political correctness went full retard
Except this is the case of simply explaining why black people weren't added. He started out really well but then went full retard. He went from "we have consulted historians about this" to "LOL BLACK KNIGHT" and that pathetic bleeding heart tirade of white victimization or some shit.

You can rile about PC all you want but courtesy has always been a thing, even in the face of idiocy.

And: It's still childish.

I am full we wuz, but when i prefer games i prefer to genocide Muslims in EU or CK rather than run around in some polish mediaeval shithole.

pretty much this. If I want to go full autism, I won't be playing a FPS game, I get grand strat games and Europa Barbarorum for that.

Maybe he started with courtsey and then went full cunt when they refused to listen?

I think you're confusing it with "colored people/person" which, in the US at least, is considered very outdated and will definitely offend some people if a white person says it. Not saying "of color" was never use, but its modern usage is far different.

Is there any site more accurate you could recommend?

It's definitions of "medieval" and "people of colour" are ... tenuous ifor you want to be kind and flat out bullshit if you're honest.

An obviously white guy in a late 17th century painting, standing in the shadows, is black according to them

It actually originated in French colonies, gens de couleur.

The stuff you learn in school is usually extremely basic and unless you actively research the topic the other stuff you learn is probably just going to extremely distorted shit from pop-media and political propaganda.

He has every right to be pissed at they guy, but the part I quoted is a stupid reason.

That also means you pick up alot of absolute shit national myth being peddled as actual history by teachers who don't know any better.

How many Americans think George Washington cut down a cherry tree for example?

Medieval doesn't really mean anything though. At the most basic it's 500-1500 AD, but you could extend it up to the Enlightenment if you wanted.

>medieval Bohemia
>some medieval shithole

Bohemia is an extremely important part of medieval European history considering the HRE imperial shenanigans and the rise of Hussite protestantism, so not not exactly some irrelevant backwater.

That's why he's consulting professional historians instead of just spamming the game content with national wewuzisms.

It's a hyperbole, but my point still stands. Wewuzians & co dont want to play games where you affect policies and relationship in a short matter of time at a personal level, they want to genocide populations and grow borders at national levels and see it grow for generations.
I dont think this game will give the player enough game to see the much morw broader consequences of his or her actions.

That's not really wewuzians you're talking about, that's roleplayers / nerds who treat history like it's a W40k scenario. Although the two groups can certainly overlap.

there is a large degree of overlap between the two. /gsg/ for example has a few psychopaths who remind others to report and ignore shitposting.

full of shit.

The articles literally propose that if a medieval painting of a black person exists, it means that the author must've been surrounded by hordes upon hordes of black people to know what they look like. It's absolute horseshit.