Next globalized religion

With the access to new technology, new books and new thinkers, will the abrahamic religions die and will we embrace some more fitting religion/philosophy for a globalized society like neo-buddhism?
Pic unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

edition.cnn.com/2015/04/02/living/pew-study-religion/index.html
barna.org/component/content/article/5-barna-update/45-barna-update-sp-657/128-americans-describe-their-views-about-life-after-death#.V0dQiOa2UUE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>neo-buddhism

Our technologically-interconnected society is far too hedonist to embrace anything remotely Buddhist. I'm guessing the next big thing is some cyber cult.

There is a demand for universalism, pluralism and freedom of dogma, polytheism is the answer.

I am thinking that in western countries ideology has overtaken religion.

I think transhumanism and progressionism in general have religious undertones.

Add to that scientism: a belief in the omnipotence of science.

Satanism.

Now, becouse we still apreciate our cultural heritage, but 100 years from now sking color will not mean nothing, family history? nothing. National pride? Nothing. Things will change a lot and keep changing the more we interconect and globalize.

>a belief in the omnipotence of science

As much as this appeals to me, I've read about how people idolized the great men of science to a degree of fanaticism (a typically human failing, I suppose, and I see Scientism as going down the same path. The obsession with Galen among medieval doctors comes to mind.

And Hinduism can go on for another 5000 years.

Ancestral religions change, and respond to change quickly because there is freedom of dogma.

Yes, religion is losing value and we have develope futher in the concept and now is very diversificated, but still matters and will be around for a couple of centuries

Hinduism depends directly on capitalist India and the casta system. If one of them fails then Hinduism will begin a free fall into the library of death cults.

Dogmatic religions thrive in shithole places, so as long as we have shitholes there Abrahammy religions will be just fine.
>2/3 of the middle east
>half of nawthern africa and all of central africa
>almost eveywhere in indonesia
>eastern and southeastern yurop
>the deep south USA
yeaaah there're more shitholes than not, and I would strongly recommend against providing them with ample technology en mass

>capitalist India
But there wasn't capitalism around thousands of years ago.

>casta system
Social activists and reform movement leaders, including Mahatma Gandhi used religion itself to combat the caste system

What most ideologies lack tho, is the ritual part. It is a kind of aesthetical religion i.e. it has only the faith part.

But protestant Christianity is pretty much aesthetics too. It comes with values and so forth, but lacks the rituals.

(but I am by no means an expert on religion. I will be thankful if any erroneous thinking on my part is pointed out)

I agree, also you forgot:
>South Italy
>South Spain
>The balkans
>Belgium
>Eastern europe in general
>South and central america
Do you think one day they will catch the top tier countries of the world?

Atheism/Satanism

>Belgium

Belgium is and has been incredibly developed, user.

>casta system
>I learned about features of hinduism in my high school history of India
>these include burning women alive, worshipping rats, and brahmins oppressing untouchables.

Hinduism was resucited by the eternal anglo to dominate india, it was on they way down thanks to thinkers and activist on the north of the peninsula.

Compared to who? have you ever seen the incredible diference between France and Belgium? Thers a big gasp there.

Postmodernism ruined all rituals.
Thats why we need neo-Buddhism and the invention of new rituals like the tea ceremony in Japan.

Belgium isn't a shithole, nor overly religious. The problem is we've imported a significant number of people from these shitholes.

Cant tell if this is bait or not...

what?
Hinduism began to get more organized after the influence of european education. The earliest as a push back against the more aggressive conversion that anglican mercenaries were reknowned for. The brits began to stop that stuff somewhat after the company rule ended.

If the eternal anglo hadn't arrived, India would have become somewhat more like japan in terms of it's spirituality.

In ancient times the worth of a holy man was measured by the accuracy of their prophecies and the worth of a religion was measured by the economic effectiveness of their system of licenses. It was an early groping for a system of scientific skepticism and the concept of a religion didn't start to assume its strictly supernatural aspect until after the work of Renee Descartes. Until then it was simply the totality of your worldview.

If historical trends are any guide, currently existing religions will gradually syncrete into a single literary tradition while secular ideology continues stepping into the role once occupied by religion.

This

Sorry but nope. People apparently like to be told what to do:
edition.cnn.com/2015/04/02/living/pew-study-religion/index.html

Atheism.

It has far more supernatural beliefs and content that you would think, particularly concerning the afterlife:

"Half of all atheists and agnostics say that every person has a soul, that Heaven and Hell exist, and that there is life after death. One out of every eight atheists and agnostics even believe that accepting Jesus Christ as savior probably makes life after death possible. These contradictions are further evidence that many Americans adopt simplistic views of life and the afterlife based upon ideas drawn from disparate sources, such as movies, music and novels, without carefully considering those beliefs. Consequently, the labels attached to people - whether it be ‘born again’ or ‘atheist’ may not give us as much insight into the person’s beliefs as we might assume."

barna.org/component/content/article/5-barna-update/45-barna-update-sp-657/128-americans-describe-their-views-about-life-after-death#.V0dQiOa2UUE

There´s plenty of room for reform in abrahamic religions. My guess is new christian trends with more focus on the Holy Spirit

>edition.cnn.com/2015/04/02/living/pew-study-religion/index.html

Do we have to be scary by this shit ? According to you

>I've read about how people idolized the great men of science to a degree of fanaticism

Oh.. where ? I've read about how people idelized made up god to a degree of terrorism.

You know.. you maybe right, some people, very few people, are going too far with science. I think it's the safest thing we can go too far with.

Birds don't fucking fly because of gods, but because of aerodynamics ... see what i mean

I'll say now that if someone really believes in such supernatural, unfounded nonsense as an afterlife, souls, and a god with no more proof than an extremely dubious ancient book written by a bloodthirsty, racist, misogynistic group of flea-bitten savages, they are extremely delusional. There is no way in hell that an unbiased human being could look at the evidence on both sides and come to the conclusion that the Bible is anything but the ramblings of an ignorant civilization that couldn't tell epilepsy and hallucinations apart from a divine message.

>In ancient times the worth of a holy man was measured by the accuracy of their prophecies and the worth of a religion was measured by the economic effectiveness of their system of licenses.

These sound like interesting premises, and I'd like to learn more. Do you have a source, or are these your conclusions from a great deal of different texts?

>I think it's the safest thing we can go too far with.
I don't agree - at all. Certain scientific changes can have unwanted consequences that could lead to systematic ruin instead of individual ruin.

Atheism denies God, not necessarily the existence of an afterlife.

Taoism. It doesn't have the strict asceticism of Buddhism, but offers a fairly decent philosophical program for helping people cope with the stresses of modern society. Its foundational texts are also fairly easy to work through on an individual basis, meaning there isn't as much requirement for a priestly caste. The ideals of Taoism, particularly those of Chuang Tzu, should also be easy for a society that's seen post-modernism and post-structuralism to get their minds around.

Mercerism

School of life-ism

> Scientific changes ??
Stop right here. There climate changes, trends changes, there are no scientific changes..

Ok give on example of people following science madness and issues of it ? Go ahead.

Come on, you type on this thread thanks to science, it has built everything around you that you can see and not see. You're made of it. You would believe earth is flat without it...

Even eating too much chocolate or water is more dangerous than science fanatism...

Atheism denies all belief in supernatural (anything that isn't provable by science)
"Atheists" are a different issue though

Wrong, you mong.

Atheism is explicitly the denial of a deity. It is not necessarily the denial of the supernatural or of an afterlife.

>will the abrahamic religions die
no
if anything we will/are already seeing heavy fracturing of established religions into tons of sects, as well as the rise of various mystery cults.

No it doesn't. Atheism is simply the lack of belief in any deities. Nothing more, nothing less.

and Islam is a religion of peace
sadly real life isn't so simple and free of ideology.

My own conclusions. I'm on my phone so I don't have access to my sources but it comes from a lot of biblical cross studies, particularly of the pagan Roman economy. The ancient Christians found it intolerable that in order to practice their trade they were made to sacrifice at the pagan temple in order to get their "mark" allowing them to legally practice their trade (a mark being a stamped document signed by a state official and the origin of the term "mark of the beast") back in those days there was no clear legal separation between religion, state, and economy and everybody was all up in everybody else's business.

And anyone who issued a prophecy that didn't come true would be shamed as a false prophet at best and murdered by the ruling class at worse. There's a story about a would-be messiah that was a contemporary of Jesus named Simon the Flyer, who the Romans put to task by throwing him off a two story building, burying his movement when he hit the ground and broke both his legs.

I wanted to stay polite, but I have a feeling you are either an imbecile or a troll, or a combination of the two.

Science is a large field, but it's findings do have real-life consequences. We need to be CRITICAL within and of science instead of scientism, in which we replace our skepticism with blind optimism and naive rationalism.

I think science is great, but it is uncritical idiots like yourself who ruin it and turn it into shit. I say science is great because it happens to teach us about unwanted consequences.

I've noticed a trend in which science is becoming dogmatic, and a bunch of idiots appropriating it for vile ideological goals.