/ffg/ - Final Fantasy General CCXIX

Braska's Here for (You) Edition

Previous thread: >General info on Final Fantasy
The Wiki: finalfantasy.wikia.com
"What version should I play?" Information: pastebin.com/nDC7j5bn

>FFXV
[YouTube] KINGSGLAIVE FINAL FANTASY XV- Official E3 Trailer
[YouTube] Final Fantasy XV - All Your Questions Answered With Brand New Info!
[YouTube] UNCOVERED: FINAL FANTASY XV
[YouTube] Brotherhood Final Fantasy XV - Episode 1: "Before The Storm"
[YouTube] BROTHERHOOD FINAL FANTASY XV – Episode 2: “Dogged Runner”

>FFRK
/ffg/'s RK FAQ:
pastebin.com/AwvGgpi3

>FF XII: The Zodiac Age
[YouTube] Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age Announcement Trailer

>World Of FF
[YouTube] World of Final Fantasy E3 2016 Trailer

>FF Explorers
pastebin.com/jNVTmu58 (embed)
Discord room: discord.gg/0mpm2kbJPLFjZGX3

>FFIX released on PC & smartphones
[YouTube] 【FINAL FANTASY IX】Trailer SP & PC

>FF XI
/ffg/ has a linkshell on Asura: "FearTheVoid"!
FFXI June Update: forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/50760?_ga=1.151649081.1275968002.1463817636
wiki.dspt.info/index.php/DarkStar_Servers

>FFXIV (3.3) on June 7th
Trailer [YouTube] FINAL FANTASY XIV Patch 3.3 - Revenge of the Horde

>FF Brave Exvius
[YouTube] ファイナルファンタジー ブレイブエクスヴィアス トレーラー
novacrystallis.com/2016/05/final-fantasy-brave-exvius-heads-west/

>Other game information
pastebin.com/cPCCGXNy

Other urls found in this thread:

exviuswiki.com/Unit_Rankings
youtube.com/watch?v=9vYMDCuS_lA
finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Sulyya_Springs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Ha ha! Time for Braska!

exviuswiki.com/Unit_Rankings

Where does your best unit rank? Ive been using Cecil and thought he was pretty lackluster but damn his 6* looks good.

Have you bought some gems yet, kupo??

Threadly reminder that Vayne Solidor did nothing wrong.

I knew it would be this picture.

And what did he do that was right?

pretty much nothing

He killed his family

Everything, obviously.

>the + fight awards Alexander
>not Valefor
>not Ixion

ALEXANDER ISN'T EVEN IN FUCKING FFX HOW CAN YOU BE THIS WRONG

Something to take note of if you're crazy enough to try the U+ Cid Mission once it hits: BFA is actually a fight for which SG isn't a borderline requirement for once!

Because almost everything he does ignores DEF/RES anyways! Have fun with that!

TEENAGERS
IN
SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE

>Mewt getting absolutely REKT and you can't even get a turn
>Montblanc dies before he can give the tutorial on JP, so the game has to revive him.
what have I gotten myself into?

>single pull hoping for rikku sb
>gaia gear from VI

Well, ok

M-maybe she'll have something on the BSBfest

don't be left out anons!
You can do that too!
Start doing your squats now and one day you may be a hero too!

i tried to do squats and now my legs are broken

DAE throw a tantrum when your pulls don't work out?

nahh, I just accept my fate and move on with my life.
and that applies to both, BE and RK.
now I only hoard Mythrils on Rk and waifusLapis in BE

>not hoarding waifumythril

This FFX event is somewhat disturbing

In FFX we have to go to the temple and do that bullshit trial and error puzzle garbage for 15 minutes, and then wait around while yuna "prays" in there and we can leave

In FFX prequel, apparently braska and co just run through the temple guns blazing and fuck shit up. And then get an epic showdown with the aeons that will then serve braska.

Why couldn't we have THAT in FFX?

Good ol mix.

So what notable characters have 5* celerity and combat for that combo?

Because Braska was a much better summoner than Yuna ever would be.

He could bring Aeons to serve him via actual force, Yuna had to do glorified begging for them to stoop to obeying such a weakling as her. There's a reason she looked up to him, and it wasn't just because he was her father.

but user, Lapis is cute, CUTE!

Did Braska ever make Yuna serve him?

Barely any.

Lightning, Zack, Tidus, Gau.

So one actually good character, one okay character, one garbage character and one that is hilariously bad in every single way EXCEPT he at least gets 5* celerity + 5* combat.

>implying he would ever want to defile his own young daughter

>Zack

Neat, I have his SSB

These gacha machine games aren't for those that like to gamble, plain and simple. This game too has nerds raging over crappy summon rates.

Tyro, Lightning and Teedus, AND Gau, but Gau is utter garbage in RK

So just Lightning then

Oh sweet, I have bsb for lightning and some sb for zack and tidus

I have a feeling that each High Summoner was worse than the one preceding him/her.

So you have all the way at the start Zaon, who managed to beat Sin back into the earth for literally a HALF-CENTURY with the Final Summoning. FIVE HUNDRED YEARS before Sin dared to come back, that's multiple generations of men and women who lived and died without ever having to fear the monster, and long enough for everyone to assume that it died for good.

That was of course a thousand years ago, and each calm after that was shorter and shorter because the High Summoner was shittier than the previous one. By the time you hit Braska, the Calm lasted ~6 months before Sin was already back. You could sire a child the day Sin went down and STILL have it show up to ruin the birth.

Yuna couldn't even bring herself to do the Final Summoning and murdered Yunalesca to make certain no one else ever would be able to do it, because Yuna is a fucking hack of a summoner.

Or maybe if the Al Bhed would atone for the sins they have committed, instead of continuing to use forbidden machina, Sin wouldn't come back so quickly

Hey now, there is one guy here.
Sure, he's girly, but he's a dude. I've also nuked down Bahamut, so you probably ain't shit.

That's not how it works Wakka

I dunno how that happened but this was for

Congratulations!
A Mystical Fairy has given you a chance to marry 1 girl from every Final Fantasy mainline game and 3 spin offs under the condition you can't skip any.
Who do you pick?

young rydia, krile, relm and eiko

Was it explicitly stated that each one was shorter than the last? The norm could still have been decades each time with Zaon being an extreme outlier given who was powering THAT Final Summon (i.e. Yunalesca, who was directly related to Yu Yevon) and Braska being an outlier on the other end because his bloodline might just suck ass at summoning to begin in general (and him being an extreme outlier by THAT standard) or he just barely pulled off the Sin kill.

You are however right on Yuna being the biggest hack of a summoner to have ever lived.

>the only summoner to ever truly defeat sin
>biggest hack of a summoner

>truly defeat Sin
Her "Eternal Calm" according to FFX-2.5 lasted...3-4 years at the most?

Also she only did so by literally making summons no longer exist.

Or I could be wrong.
Why is all the fucking boss design so garbage it feels like?

Yeah, don't AOE Wendigo.

I've only played V twice and if I tried to count the number of terribly designed bosses on my fingers I'd run out before I even hit the second world.

Boss design in FF5 is very hit or miss, and FF5 tried a LOT of gimmick bosses.

There's a reason it was considered the hardest FF for a long time before people figured out what the fuck they were doing with the job system.

JUST

I got Leo and Exdeath in my first 11 tickets (I saved up 5000 mythril from dailies, rank ups and stage completions). I think I'm set for a while so I'm going to save up for like, Lightning or Luneth or something.

>oh god I'm actually a really shitty summoner
>IF I CAN'T USE THEM WELL, NO ONE CAN

Sleep him, didn't you get black mage?

>bosses that make you have to think instead of using your strongest attack
>shit design
Sure kids.

What's the steal formula for FFX? how much stealing should I do? Do I stop after doing it once in every enemy?

Northern Crater kicking my ass, screw that little fish looking shit with the lamp

>Hardest FF game
>Has one of the lightest stories

Doesn't seem very rewarding. I want to feel like my characters are in danger and things are messed up, not like I bought a bottle of that Korean soda that tastes like powdered sugar with a bunch of bubbly font and smiley faces on the bottle wrapper.

Rosa, Yuffie, Maria, Faris, Celes

What's the most skipped side quest in the FF games just because most first timers don't know it exists?

The Garula is a highlight for me. It made no sense that a giant beast like that would be at the top of a tower but that is a different story.

Stupid ass, they kidnapped garula from the town and put it up there

>I) - Cosmos (She was created there, deal with it)
>II - Leila
>III - Sara Altney
>IV - Harley
>V - Sarisa Scherwil Tycoon
>VI - Celes Chere
>VII - Lucrecia Crescent
>VIII - Ultimecia
>IX - Beatrix
>X - Lulu
>XI - Claidie I d'Oraguille
>XII - Ashelia B'nargin Dalmasca
>XIII - Jihl Nabaat

>FFT - Agrias Oaks
>BD - Agnès Oblige
>MLaaDL - Bel Dat

Sorry famalam haven't played the game since it came out on PS1. Also, how the fuck did they manage to put that thing up there?

Garula did nothing wrong.

>never appears in the game
Whatever.

If nobody knows the formula, could you tell me at least if it's worth to steal from the same enemy after the first steal?

Which of the game you guys recommend NOT playing? And why, please.

>Boss where only one part can be damaged and there's no sign of what part is
>Said part also moves constantly throughout the battle
>Meaning you can either waste time playing fucking whackamole or you could get countered three times in a row with a strong spell that saps you

>Sleep works
Of course it does.

Seriously, V is fucking easy. It just requires some semblance of a functional brain for certain bosses unlike most games in the series where almost every boss is the same punching bag with a different coat of paint.

I never even knew people had a problem with V's bosses until now, though this thread is probably inhabited by the generation of kids who think boss fights that you can't just steamroll without any thought are an antiquated concept.

VII - looks ugly
VIII - bad story and gameplay

Sleep works on every part, and the main part is the only one that you can get MP from with osmose. If they're slept they can't cycle

FF5 is a pretty status heavy game, it was designed thinking you would have some available at all times.

youtube.com/watch?v=9vYMDCuS_lA

You should try all of them and come to your own conclusions instead of letting a bunch of retards on the internet decide what you should like for you, you fucking faggot.

V's bosses are well designed. Can't believe you lost to Wendigo with that party.

II is probably the shittest of the main games.

Don't get me wrong user, I fully intend on playing each and every single one of the games, even the spinoffs. But by getting those opinions I can have rough idea on where to move next.

>Seriously, V is fucking easy.
Because you've beaten it before and already know most of the tricks to each fight, so don't even try to deflect it off to it requiring a brain.
V is full of trial and error shit I've noticed, like the fucking Fork Tower's gimmick that I haven't seen mention of from any NPC I've checked with.

>Can't believe someone playing blind lost to something with a shit gimmick

Why though?

I know its canon but Eternal Calm is fan fiction tier writing. Its not Yuna's fault they continually butcher X's story in awful sequels.

Fairly certain some villagers talk about the towers and one of them only allowing magic or something

Um, *raises paw* excuse me! Final Fantasy V is NOT a well designed game because it's highly ableist. People who are mentally challenged cannot enjoy this game like everyone else!
Fuck off retard. I replayed it for the first time in almost 10 years last year, barely remembered anything about the bosses and I still didn't have trouble with it. All you have to do is not be a retard. There's nothing wrong with the boss design.

Wendigo's offence is seriously bad, the only way he can kill you is if you queue up a bunch of area attacks and take a million counterattacks over and over.

And NPCs talk about the Fork Tower in some places. It's a super easy dungeon though

If you plan on playing each and every single one then why even get a preconceived bias by asking which games are shitty? Your just going to go into a game looking not to like it. Start from I and go from there if your serious about playing them all and form your own opinions.

he's probably the type of player who found just spamming Knights of the Round over and over again against Sephiroth cool.

He's probably the type of player who thought FFVII was hard.

He does actually. You just can't fight him
finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Sulyya_Springs

XIII because there's nothing to do but walk down pretty looking hallways and fight enemies while occasionally being interrupted by the story for like 65% of the game.

Thinking about it, maybe there was one, but it still comes down to not knowing specifically which one and trial and error to realize "Hey, I shouldn't use physical attacks against these mages or they'll start spamming meteor"

>Almost 10 years
>Barely remember
Still more knowledge than I had in addition to the likelihood of you quickly remembering what a boss does once you encounter it.

Or I have a full set of really squishy characters to where one AoE nearly wipes them out aside from the only one who has above 1k health.

Brilliant assumption, but I broke the shit out of that with monster skill materia abuse.

Firstly, the game does tell you about fork tower
Secondly, if you didn't find the information that is on you
Thirdly, if you died to fork tower or because of a boss gimmick then now you know the gimmick

Dunno why you're cryin

What version of F_F_2 is best to play?

psp is the only playable version

how about XIII-2 and LR?

I, II, III, V, and VI. They are way too old and on shit platforms. Wait for an update on these titles. Honestly, there's nothing quite essential about them either except in VI unless you are a hardcore memer and autistic.

The best games are the PS era sans IX which is a downgrade in many areas but may appeal to someone who wants an upgrade over the NES games.

I would really start with two games: VII or IX. If you like VII, move onto VIII, X, XII, and XIII. If you liked IX more, kil-...er try out IV, V, and VI.

If you are only interested in the pinnacle of FF games and don't have time to play multiples, play XIII. It's the best game in the series and maybe even of all time.

XIII-2 fixed some of XIII's problems while making others worse and LR's almost totally different from them both. It has a time limit but it's so lenient you'll barely notice it, even less so if you spam the skill that stops time temporarily.

FFV is full of stuff like that.

FFV is ALSO the game that puts a goddamn superboss directly on the main path in the final dungeon (right after the first save point, but still). And gives you basically zip if you actually murder the thing.

>FF10-3 reveals that Yuna actually summoned Sin back because she was tired of the lack of attention and to get back at Tidus for her dumping him

Calling it now.

This is the exact opposite of a correct opinion.

I've played the gba and psp versions and both are good. If you want a bonus dungeon/story then go with the psp one.