Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CLbR51561dM
youtube.com/watch?v=byfyMMfs7LE
youtube.com/watch?v=uhUKI2--6V8
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/45838
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/45840
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>that fucking slime falling off the ceiling in the sewers

That's it. That was my NOPE moment. Dark Souls is officially a survivor horror game to me.

Dark soul 3 is hot garbage

>tfw put in a new hard drive
>havent reinstalled ds3 yet

probably wont until a good balance patch, if that doesnt happen then wont reinstall til DLC

>good balance patch
you mean pvp rework

>pvp rework
you mean turning on poise and turn autotracking back to DaS1 levels

>he hasn't even made it to the tomb yet
just wait
it gets better
someone post that gif the the dog skeleton thing

poise wont save you from caster gangrape

>those creepy as long-haired centipede drowned corpse monsters in the Irythil sewers/profaned chapel

those monsters are without a doubt the creepiest enemies in the game, even if they are piss easy.

I dont think they'll be doing any reworking, if youre still hoping for poise Im doubtful that will happen either. Also japanese crowd likes no poise, they also like gank squads

reminder poise is working as intended and increases active hyper armor frames on attacks with hyper armor so get good

>caster gangrape
>implying I give a fuck about low level invasions

>lothric knight long spear increases poise
>doesn't have hyper armor
???

>phantoms who clap at you after you've gotten their host to a pixel of health several times, only to be stopped from chugpunishing by their R1 spamming

nah, the weird human dragon hybrids in irithyll dungeon were creepier

any good gank squad has at least 1 caster

>they might be experienced

Didn't ever say that, in fact, again, twinks in 1 have gigantic benefits due to them dealing and recieving a amounts of damage the invaded person could never hope to. You didn't even need to be so skilled for that since you can rush a slab and chunks in a few hours. Against such invade you need to land dozens of hits knowing a single one spells death and that he likely can heal much more than you can, pretty much the same issue presented by ganks in 3.

Also
>typing...like...this

The point is, the very same people who abused 1's weak matchmaking system whine about 3's, when in the end the impact is the same, only the PvP is heavily favoured to the other side, if they do engage asshole techniques like ganks, just like 1 had plenty assholish ways to invade and that the host couldn't do shit about. 3's matchmaking true issue lies into the host recently discovered invasion immunity, if that is any true, then the system would be almost flawless should From remove it.

because it's not an attack with hyper armor retard

>The point is, the very same people who abused 1's weak matchmaking system whine about 3's

damn... where can i find the results of this study?

WHO GIVES A SHIT
ABOUT
FUCKING
INVASIONS??????

so fuck people who didnt twink and want to have fun?

correction to both of you

poise won't save you from pyromancy stunlock combos found by the jap pyro madman extrodinare himself, ac4 wktk.

Quick user! Post your loadscreens/ headshots and we'll see who has the best roster

How viable are Caestus as an actual weapon?

fucking trying to cap a cool action pose and the HUD decides to show up

>he actually got hit by a CSS

Bless that pyro madman's heart. He's even humble enough to show his losses and goofs

they're good against shitters

link me senpai

Honestly user I think they just need to do some numbers adjusting to make pvp more lively. The lack of incentives for pure STR/DEX builds compared to quality and how Magic either has lol 1000k+ damage or absolute shit along with some weapons completely outclassing others in their class are the main issues imo currently, and all those take are some simple adjustments to make things on a more level playing field to make things more varied. Now will that actually happen in a satisfying way? Probably not.

I actually like how that works because to me Poise should always benefit heavier weapons, the problem is it's just underpowered right now which is why people don't even notices its effects. Increasing it so that around 20-30 poise did things like make the hyperarmor delay between two Great Weapon swings barely there at all would be terrific.

youtube.com/watch?v=CLbR51561dM
and

Go to 3 min mark for the second video

enjoy fampai

post vid pls

eh

post fashion

Look up two posts and you'll get them senpai

here

Hol up, hear me out

>profaned capital
>overall themes imply sin
>monstrosity of sin
>profaned flame spell: only burns human flesh, born from the sky
>sky, birds, crow
>Velka goddess of Sin

jesus christ what's happening

SSS Tier @SL80

harder to use at 120 because everyone is a superman with no weaknesses.

Wow, this boss fight looks amazing in this version

should we call Vaati?

Why is my shrine handmaid no longer selling green blossoms but still sells titanite shards from dreamchaser's ashes? Is this game seriously this buggy?

Huh? You sure you're not talking about the blooming green blossoms?

What do I win?

I sure hope they address the lack of content regarding the Profaned Capital with a DLC or something. It was bad enough they turned Yhorm into a gimmick fight instead of just giving him more HP.

she is selling neither

So what is the deal with the Emerald Herald, why is she here? is she a slave to the the Ancient Dragon or something?

Honestly that whole area is a huge spike in design quality. Aerie looked good even in vanilla.

Vendick and Aldia tried to break the curse made shit dragons, shit big dragon made Shanalotte to try and break curse

Hm that's strange. I've never seen or heard about this bug. You may be an unlucky first.

>mfw magecucks expect you to allow them to cast their first HCSM for free

lmao

as soon as that staff comes up the fight starts

She's actually just luring undead to Drangleic so they claim the throne (link the fire). Probably in league with Frampt or something. DaS2 is pretty much non-canon anyway, as much as i hate to admit.

I now know why 2 looks so weird. It looks like Bloodstained did before they added the shaders. Everything is oddly flat. Nothing looks right. 2 was clearly made for next gen platforms and then scaled back for current. So they removed all the shaders and did whatever they could with it. It is a visual mess. Something just looks so off about it.

It's a testament that the game is a step down from the original.

Shanalotte IS Smough

>invade as red
>pinpoint focus on host, if a blue is summoned and gets caught in the crossfire all the better
>invade as watchdog/faithful
>again, focus on host, but if another is tackling him and there are phantoms present, take them out to help my comrade
>invade as madman
>anything's a target, host is first priority but if someone annoys me they're going down, invader, phantom, no difference, but try to avoid hurting fellow madmen too much

>summoned as a phantom
>I'm expendable, I can be resummoned, host's survival is paramount
>except if I'm summoned into a gankgroup, then I'll intentionally sabotage it because fuck those fuckers with rakes

Ayyyy

>It was bad enough they turned Yhorm into a gimmick fight instead of just giving him more HP.

>"just hit his head and fight him normally it's epiccc"
>still four moves, next to no difference in phase 2, still boring as fuck

I won't hear any other reason for the Capital besides "time budget".

At least it's still better than lots of DS2 and Izalith.

These combos were around in DaS, not really much of a discovery.

Just started playing DaS2 and I'm looking for a bit of info
Coming from DaS the hud (especially hp/stamina) seem really small, are there any decent mods to change it?
Are human effigies just humanity? It says something like it prevents you from being invaded so does that mean when you're hollow you're going to get invaded many times instead of the other way around?
Thanks

Perhaps they didn't work in previous patches? I certainly didn't know about it until a few days ago.

I seriously fucking hope they expand massively on the Capital in the DLC, because talk about a letdown. "Profaned Capital", more like "Profaned quarter of a city block"

But I am playing DS2 softs on PS4 senpai
and bloodborne is the best souls game in my opinion

You ever notice how you have the option to burn an Effigy at a bonfire? That is what prevents invasions, only in the area you burnt the Effigy, and only for 30 minutes.

It's possible, I guess. The last patch did change casting speeds, but I've no clue if they were possible prior to that.

>in my opinion
fuck off Andrew

>yhorm 1-shots at +30
welp

Also it's automatically applied to any area where you kill the boss. The 30 minutes only counts down when you're in the affected area, and can be disabled at any time via an option at the bonfire.

Without this effect, you can host invasions in areas where the boss is already dead, unrestricted.

Still, I didn't even know that it was possible in DaS1 until you posted. It's impressive how DaS1 still hides secrets from me. Thanks

Post some great waifus with sliders please

>greirat dies if he goes to the castle
FUCK THIS GAME
THE ONE NPC I TRULY LIKE AND CARE ABOUT DIES AND IT'S ALL MY FAULT
WHYYYY

The recent patch upped the casting speed on Black Flame, making a Chaos Orb into Black Flame possible, which stunlocks the enemy into taking the lava damage if the GCFO was aimed right.

This was not possible before the patch, and is not possible with great combustion.

Pyromancers are literally capable of doing 1200+ damage with GCFO+Black Flame because of this.

Combine this w/ a Chaos Estoc in the left hand and you can chain a left-handed Estoc L1 into the combo at the end.

Did you check the op?

>sped up black flame but not great combustion
>black flame already did more damage anyways
Hilarious.

To add on to my original post, this change literally made Pyro the best in the game.

It's a good thing you can't be a shitter to freeaim GCFO consistently, otherwise this would be FUBAR.

Yeah. Not many in there

You can also true combo black flame into combustion. Truly a great time to be a Pyro.

Now should I level mine to 120 is the big question. Wiki seems to have a plentiful invasion pool.

youtube.com/watch?v=uhUKI2--6V8

The only issue with it is that you would never hit anyone remotely decent with pyromancy, and DWGR Black Knight Shield and toggling hard countered it.

Ah, alright then. Strange that they only buffed Black Flame though.

Alright, how do I git gud in PvP?
PvE is trivial by now, but that's pretty much just rote memorisation of patterns. When it comes to PvP, I just tend to fall apart. My reaction times suck because I'm old and I've got brain disease issues, but even against obvious R1 spammers and other shitters I can clearly see and recognise for what they are, see their patterns and so on... I'll still lose more than I win.
What do, /dsg/? Is PvP just not for me? I bloody love this series to bits, and the thought that I just can't grasp such a big part of it eats at me.

Try coloring books or puzzles or maybe bingo.

How does pyro bro get so many fingered hosts?

Play sorcery, mind game and reaction times don't matter as much, take it from me Lohillus, Apple wizard.

Would a marathon event be viable at some point?

-Map a course for 5 phantoms to race through
-Fashions and weapons of choice
-Do whatever it takes to get to the finish line
-No rolling
-Host runs behind the pack to keep tab on shenanigans
-Seeded/Unseeded world

>I git gud in PvP
invade a lot, the vast majority of players are easily predictable you'll eventually see a pattern in play styles eventually. Also roll :^)

I'll kick your arse at whist, sonny.

He's on PS4, I guess there are more people willing to finger themselves on console. Myself included

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/45838

this is a good bu ild for beating ganks right

wow this is superbly crafted did you make this yourself?

*teleports behind you*
*tips fedora*
*nothing personnel m'ldy*

>rapelay.ISO.exe
I shouldn't have laughed so hard
what kind of build is it?
that game is fun btw

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/45840

It's a quality build with a bit of INT/FAI to use most weapons.

What bothers me about 2 is the movement. It looks off, like nothing has weight to it. It kind of just looks like models sliding around flat surfaces.

Wow. I think I actually got cancer just from looking at that.

>Blood starved beast
>Does his grab attack
>Intercept it with a charged hunter axe R2
>Grab goes through it and kills me
It's a fun boss fight except for the fact that the entire game just blends into one monotonous shade of black. It feels like I'm playing doom 3 and it makes it annoyingly difficult to see which kind of attack he's doing, or if it's even an attack not just his idle pose or a sidestep.

What's your brightness at?

should be ccs instead of darksword, drop a little weight and its g2g