>but i cant close it off until i have 64 ceilings
The unstoppable grind

The Mighty land coel is tired of your bullshit

Fucking giggas mayne

Boop

meme dinooo

>thread hits page10 in 30 minutes even in late burger hours/early EU hours
when did Veeky Forums become so active?

Its because the devs have never released a patch on time let alone having all the things in the patch notes included. They didn't even release the game on time. The official servers are all shit and the combat is boring as fuck, the building stuff looks like shit, it runs like ass despite looking like shit, and the animations are universally garbage. Dinos are cool but its in such a shitty package, and the netcode is broken as fuck and servers shit themselves for no reason for several seconds and no one has been able to figure out whats causing it and the devs ignore any questions about it.

Argents are not for bully

>servers shit themselves for no reason for several seconds and no one has been able to figure out whats causing it

Auto saves are what cause it

No, that was tested already and its not auto saves doing it.

You guys got any mods in the server or is it just faster taming time?

No mods.

"I LIKE TO SING-A"

That girl from Senpai Squad went to arkserversDOTnet and started complaining about our server in the comments

She also downvoted the server :(

Anyone know why Nocorras abandoned his bird and set it on wander at beach?

Is he quitting?

Hey about a year ago I used to clock around 100 hour in ARK before I quit when it got kinda boring.

Are the new additions worth coming back? Is it better optimized yet?

Moved all the smaller dinos inside the metal pen, please move your birds when you log on so we can finally have some space around the base

Yeah a lot more content.
However the optimization is even worse and it will look toaster tier even on mid range rigs.

Short few seconds freezes happen on all graphics settings though.

I used to play on my old laptop on low settings, you think I'd even be able to play it at all?

Yeah but keep it on low

Alright and is the Veeky Forums server still several groups trying to piss each other off? Or is it actually ...fun?

pro tip: when you log off, log off in the pink cage inside base, quetz platform saddle metal parts go trough walls and push your bodies all over the place so you have a high chance to get pushed in to water or off the watercliff

Good old times

Why is this general so dead when the games still really popular?

Also, an I the only one who plays sp

My optimization got better desu. I'd get 15 fps when it first came out, I get 40-60 (honestly depends on what's happening) now in medium to high/epic settings

Ground clutter is the one does drops fps for me, disable it and we good senpai

There isn't really much to talk about, there are no waifus and no drama (for now atleast)

So my question for you Ark fags is a simple one, I'm not trying to get under anyone's skin I just want people to answer my questions to see if I'm retarded or right.

From what I've seen with the Ark devs and the commitment they pour into this game is great but, the updates are always just fucking dinos, and I feel these dinos are just fucking brain dead ai. What I'm trying to say is all that they're really doing is adding the same npc but with a differen't skin. I mean these npcs don't do anything differen't as far as I can see, they all just run at you and attack you or walk around like retards. I never see them drink from water or do anything cool.

Another thing is this game looks like and runs like ass, are they doing anything to fucking optimise this piece of shit or are they just gonna be brining out NEW and IMPROVED dinos? Also how the fuck do you fight bigger clans if they're higher level than you? Is this game more like an rpg in terms of you bascially won't win if they're a higher level than you?

Just trying to wrap my head around this.

You're more or less right. Though I still do enjoy the game. Especially with friends. And in my opinion, I think ARK is better than shit like H1Z1.

All one tribe and we love each other.

Upcoming Version: v243, ETA: June 22
- New Creature: Titanosaurus!
- New Item: Gas Mask!
- New Item: Herbivore "TastyCakes"
- New Item: Chain Bola Ammo for Ballista Turret!
- New Structure: Retractable Rope Ladders!
- New Structure: Tree Sap Taps!
- New Structures: Wood and Metal Tree Platforms!
- New Mechanic: Custom Tripwire Alarm Notifications via SurviveTheArk.com (E-mail and Forum). Optionally Tribes can post to arbritrary URL, if they have a custom system! Now if someone's raiding your base, you can get on top of it! ;)
- Breeding Mechanics Phase 3: Random Mutations and Family Trees
- Biome Update: Snow Extension & New Redwood Forests (this is a major environmental overhaul!)
- Ruins & Explorer Notes
- GroundClutter effect extended 50% further and +20% more GPU efficiency
- Approximate +5% GPU performance improvement related to more efficient foliage culling
- Approximate +10% Server CPU gains related to more network multi-threading
- Added option to disable Inventory Sounds. Yeah ;)
- Balled Doed's are no longer invincible to Tamed Dino melee attacks -- now just very, very resistant to them.
- Magnfiying Glass now displays creature Torpor stats (on Wild creatures too).
- Tribe Alliances now disabled in Offline Raid mode (too complex to determine if anyone in an Alliance is around), C4/Traps can no longer be placed near Offline-Raid Protected Structures, and Offline-Raid mode now forces all Structures to be Lockable so that players can "Lock" Crop Plots to prevent their turrets from being disabled.
- New Server Option: "?PreventTribeAlliances=true" to prevent tribe alliances
- Engagement with Wild Naturally-Fleeing & Small creatures (tiny bugs etc) no longer trigger combat music
(cont.)

Genuinely not trying to sound like a dick but have you thought for a second? They're loading the game with content so that when they're done they can optimize it, this includes performance and ai. That's how every game is developed. But I disagree. Some Dino's do things others wouldn't and even migrate sometimes in herds.

I hate early access meme shit but ark devs have been pretty good. I hated the game when t released in fact. It was trash, they really improved upon it already.

(cont.)
- Tamed Dinos that are following a submerged allied Target will not attempt to float to the surface of the water, but rather will attempt to stay at the depth of their allied Target. (helpful when deliberately going deep-diving your tamed land Dinos). However, Dinos that are capable of suffocating will try to surface if they are out of Oxygen regardless!
- Vaults can no longer be dropped onto saddle platforms
[MORE NOTES TO COME]

Does this mean ground clutter can be turned on without a fucking huge fps drop.

Not that I want it, shits ugly

How many days do you guys think it will be delayed?

Could you give me an example of the ai?

its simple but certain Dino's obviously do things others don't. Spinos diving for food, oviraptors eating eggs and running from everything, trikes breeding in herds (might just be where I spawned but there's a family of 6 that have moved together), those little fuckers pack hunting.

I'm amazed they got even have this simple ai because it's dinosaurs.

Don't get me wrong though, they need to do naturalistic ai in the future but I just don't expect it right now as their focus seems to be content and pvp (unfortunately).

Dino's def could use drinking, eating, sleeping, etc. seeing them wonder aimlessly at night is retarded. Sleeping could even be a huge gameplay mechanic

ETA is June 22 so June 24 or 25

>Dino's def could use drinking, eating, sleeping, etc. seeing them wonder aimlessly at night is retarded. Sleeping could even be a huge gameplay mechanic

This is pretty much all I ask for.

Just on my other question, how do you guys fight people who are higher level, do you stand a chance?

and one less thing, spawning. Dino's spawn way too much, every corner there's a fucking dinosaur. They should be more majestic I guess. Seeing three trex spawn right next to eachother is kinda stupid. Have them be rarer and more inland. They have the amazing models and rigging. Now make them realistic.

They should also have like dinosaur territories and breeding grounds (I think a mod added this tho

I don't play on Veeky Forums servers anymore. It was stupid and filled with memes. I heard it's better tho. I like single player desu cause of mods. If we can get a quality of life nodded server running I might join.

Needs reusable items mod and corrected structures and shits

What do you even do solo?

Run around and build and tame shit and kill the bosses. Got me a good 60 hours out of it.

We should do a survival of the fittest match I haven't done one desu

In the wild dinos are are pretty brain dead, but most have unique uses after taming.

Where did ugnug go?

>yellow flowers

what are you, gay?

I kinda want to try Survival too

there's atleast 22 people who still play here

cud be fun

11vs11

They're clearly orange.

What are team sizes in SotF?

Is it still 2?

2 or 4

If I as a completely new player joined the Veeky Forums server can I expect some help and people in chat? Or are new people lookee down upon?

If you spam global instead of googling the issue you will have problems.You can ask someoen in a tribe some questions as long as you`re not too anoying.

Why?

We raped her

It's not rape if she's your property

It's shit and taking up space. Bred better one.

The centre or islands?

Center is smaller, but the dev is adding the Redwood Biome now which almost doubles the size of the map from what I've heard.

Dont forget.

We are approaching levels of cozy that should not even be possible.

I fucking love that pub. Such a great building

Try hards with their metal boxes will never know this comfy

I am liking this

HABBENINGS.jpg

Big metal boxes for efficiency. Wood for comfy. Stone to balance the two

Yeah, we have all three.

But I only ever see other tribes with giant ass metal boxes. Never anything that looks good.

I don't even feel bad about destroying metal boxes but if I was raiding and saw a nicely built wooden/stone building I'd leave it standing because I respect that shit

baby spurdo inc

Note to self: When breeding mammals, make the mother give birth on land and not inside the breeding pen, babys will fall through floor when born in to the water and the only way to get them out of the water is to destroy 1 ceiling.

derp bumb

page 10

Now what the hell do I build?

We literally rekt a tribe of max levels that attacked us with the best dinos by using tactics and a small amount of luck. This was our 3rd day on the server. Skill>level but levelling gives you some advantage.

Then there is the story of bear, a dude from our old server. Bear was a random pubbie who, as a level one with less than an hour in the server started talking huge shit on some dumb tribe. So someone in that tribe headed over his way gloating about how he's in full flak with a sniper rifle and was going to just shit on bear. 5 minutes pass and that faggot is crying in chat about how he just got killed by a naked level 1 with nothing but his fists.

Soooooooo... Your mileage may vary based on how gud you are.

Friend one of us on steam and you'll be fine boyo :)

Poignant

Build a boxing ring with stands to watch

Make sure you can actually see worth a damn in the stands. Dear god the admins stands sucked.

Have a glass floor you can stand on above the ring

inb4 raidboi chinkgor pikes the glass

>Everyone watching a fight
>Grenade suddenly thrown at the glass
>Raining glass and bodies into the ring

FUND IT

Wish my daddy loved me more :/

Is there a good engram guide that I could use for reference? Most of those that I come by are pretty outdated.