Minecraft General - /mcg/ - World Generation Edition

Previous toast: We discuss Minecraft, Minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H2M-MVwijGw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Literally the deddest general.

But this isn't the battleborn general
>tfw I feel like the only fag that's wants that general back

> Yo Dawg We heard you like the Sea so we put a "C" on yo' sea so you can see "C" While you see sea.

last thread died at 250 posts
the linked thread in the op is actually like three threads ago

face it
minecraft is dead
let's just go join the dead engineering games general and be done with it

This isn't /swg/
Technically it was rolled in with the SWTOR general but fuck that game

/mcg/ has to at least outlive /ksg/.

Quick someone find some drama or something

HOBO PLS

[generic shitpost]

Who the fuck thought beets were a good idea? They only have one recipe for an unstackable food that is equivalent to a baked potato and takes six of them to craft.

>mojang
>good ideas

I just don't understand how people less competent than fucking pam got hired, and continued to be employed even before papa notches no firing deal was put into effect.

I just try not to think about it too much. Such is life.

Notch was the only person in that company with an ounce of creativity. It's taken a staff of, what, 30 people, five years to add half of what Notch added in one.

post screenshots lads

ye

eyy that looks like a comfy af spot tbqh

Alright. What is going on?
Running 1.7.10, Forge 10.13.4.1614, with pic related mods.
After opening a chest and sitting in the chest menu for anywhere from 5-20 seconds, I'll hear the chest closing sound. When I exit the menu, the chest block in the world will stay wide open. Clicking the chest again will start up the animation, allowing it to close.

My character skin gets garbled and messed up every so often, but sometimes seems to fix itself on its own.

Both of those are ignorable as they're purely visual glitches, but this one isn't.

Pressure plates (stone in this case) will randomly stop working. I'll step on one, there will be no click noise and no door opening. Moving off and back on doesn't help. Sometimes, moving to a different pressure plate in the world will work and fix the first one for a time, but sometimes other pressure plates will be broken too.

I have three in my base and usually two of them are broken at once while stepping on the third fixes them until next time.

Buttons still work though.

the base i have is in the white rock on the righ tin the cliff

>skin
et futurum, disable the skin config
the other two sound like tick lag

Not even monster rape can save /mcg/.

Thanks for the skin thing.

About the rest, I don't know all that much about tick lag, I'll admit, but it doesn't quite feel like it.

Wouldn't tick lag be more of, I step on the pressure plate three times, nothing happens. Then, when the server catches up, the door opens and closes three times in rapid succession?

Here's a quick video demonstrating the issue:

youtube.com/watch?v=H2M-MVwijGw

What item allows you to find other players, and functions like an ender eye where it floats up in a direction towards the nearest player? A friend's been using one to find all of my secret bases and it bugs me I can't find his. Using an FTB pack, if that helps.

which ftb pack?

The reverse is what happened. Minecraft is popular, but most of the games here are more popular so they get thread page priority.

>iguana tweaks
Hope it's not for TCon. If so, are you insane? If adding that garbage to ruin TCon, might as well remove it.

A third party one called space astronomy. I've been doing horribly at it since he keeps messing with my shit.

>thread died early
what the fug
a few threads ago we weren't THIS ded, what's going on?

Not sure. /mcg/ seemed like a pretty comfy refuge after I realized how much fun I used to have in beta and rekindled my desire to play modded. Why don't we talk about the best means of power or storage or whatever? Something to keep the thread going. Post your best setups.

this was my current power setup, I added a small thermopile array that makes about 18k rf/t, and a nuclearcraft nuclear reactor, which I'm just using to make enough plutonium 241 i think that's the right one to make a fuckload of rtgs so that I can have compact passive power generation.

This is the thermopile array.
Also Academycraft's interface thing which I thought was a really neat way of making a mod's tools and stuff not depend on actual items.

It boggles the mind how sucky everything added in the last few patches is.

on the list:
>why dont shulkers drop anything?
>why are elytras not craftable (using a shulker drop??)
>why is everything end related bad mod tier
admittedly, i enjoy the shulkers levitating you. Thats pretty fun, but also a bit annoying. To bad theres no reason to fight them and they dont respawn
>Polar Bears. forwhatpurpose
>Why is there only one tier of shield?
>with no enchants?
>Why does ALL axes deal the same damage, with such a small difference in recharge speed? No reason, beyond durability, to make anything better than iron tier, and they completely outshine swords

raaargh
I actually like the combat changes, everything else is just so... amateurish. Bad mod tier.

>Polar Bears. forwhatpurpose

I see no problem with more animals. Anything to make the world feel more alive and varied.

I kinda agree with you, but I think they should still serve some kind of function.

Admittedly, getting mauled by a bear during a snowstorm would be pretty neat, but I have never seen or heard anything like that.

Post some base pics, no matter how shitty. I need inspiration.

Is a WIP.

What's going on here? I see many rooms.

Kek. Mine isn't much better atm, first world I've started in about a year.

This is what I have planned for the first floor, at least.

We call the style dirtcore :^)

its a 3 people base

Here's some propper pics, though. Recently went through and MCedited old builds onto our new server. Took the chance to spooky them up and add some spawners and loot to them. Kinda like custom dungeons.

An impressive mansion build by the same player.

Down the lane view

Having to wait 1+ minute between each post is retarded. holy fuck.

spoopy ghosts in the main hall

Is a furniture update ever coming?

Install bibliocraft, decocraft, or crayfish's.
You don't want mojang to make funiture.
You don't want mojang to do ANYTHING, besides maybe make a mod API.

Speaking of mojang adding things.

>mfw when vanilla itself is bloat
>there is no face

vanilla debloating mods when

BetterThanWolves is what you're after, then

that looks really comfy, been thinking about doing something compact like this instead of my usual autism cubes

>incompatible with everything
>gimp suits for animals
:^)

>the same people who were defending new MC versions and telling modders to update now hate these rapid releases
Feels nice

Can absolutely recommend. And it you need room for the 'tismo factory, there's plenty of room underground.

>implying I'm not a newfag
Tbh, always hated the updates since they break everything and almost never add anything of value. Last time I was excited for vanilla was when they added pistons.

.. And even that was a bad implementation of a neat mod.

>enjoying pack for a while
>then comes the time to settle down on a base
>no matter what kind of base I make, I end up feeling unsatisfied with something
>lose all motivation and stop playing
Suffering

So about those reveals at E3, how do they change minecraft? Is it saved? Is it dead? Has nothing changed?

Nuke it and then start all over in a new place/new world.

Problem solved

the amount of discussion on them should answer your question.

I am indifferent, except for a slight worry about m$ killing off the java branch for their inferior shit.
Modding and being a shit on my friends realm is really the only reason I play this game, so any vanilla features are at most annoying because they will break mods.

>Found out that my villager-breeder has been running in a loaded spawnchunk for 6 months + without me logging in.

Can anybody tell me why I'm having latency issues while playing SSP in Offline Mode?

What the fucking shit is this?

Single player now runs on an internal server.
Thank Dinnerboner for that :^)

That fucking motherfucker, I had a feeling he was behind this. Wasn't he responsible for these gay ass rabbits too?

Nah, I think that was mogminer.
Not actually sure though.

I made a small treehouse shelter near my farm area. There's an additional array of storage drawers containing seeds/saplings/wheat/etc. along with a couple of haybales at the bottom of the tree.

Just fuck everybody. Fuck all of them.

Post full frontal, plx
Looks comfy.

>music overlapping bug still exists
why

It's a glorious feeling

>Those vanillaniggers who never gave a shit about mods now crying "muh poor modders"

>M$ killing the Java version
Nigga, that's the best case, new golden age of mods soon™

TheSmegMiner was responsible of that, thank god they are removing all traces of that faggot from the game

Enjoy licensed mods (tm), only available from the microsoft (tm) store (tm) for you microsoft (tm) minecraft (tm) game.

Please also buy this Creator License (tm) to be allowed to upload your mods.

Just sayin' that microsoft doesn't have a good track-record.

Nonono, I meant giving a version of (java) Minecraft to update to, without Mojang fully shitting up the code next update

Here's an outside view, the storage drawers are on the left below the staircase and behind the tree there's a gate on the stairs to stop monsters from going up.
Height-wise it's right above the tree line to give me a clear view of the surroundings.

Ah yeah. In that sense, I definitely see what you mean. .
The best case is pretty much mojang just not touching the code ever again, I guess.

Heh, thats pretty neat. I'd propably have gone for a lighter wood (oak?) to make the staircase stand out a bit, but still. It's nice.

I now want to establish small self-sufficient sniper-nests all around my friends bases. Gonna get on that when I get home tonight.

Wait, ProjectRed doesn't replace the Red Power 2 Sorting Machine?

Well that's just great. What am I supposed to use for sorting things now?

blue power, tubes, buildcraft, mekanism, probably others

Does anyone know the IP for 5b5t?

logistics pipes, which were always better than rp2 sorters.

I experimented with different wood combinations, but eventually settled for the dark oak one, because I wanted it to blend in as much as possible.
Pic is the view of the farm area from my main house. even during the day time it feels like part of the forest if you casually glance at it.

You got the seed for that world OP?

Apparently the Polish unofficial Minecraft magazine "Crafter" featured Broville in their latest issue, complete with a download link.

Note:

If the devs aren't shitters, a C++ version could have extensive modding support (see: every Bethesda game ever, Garry's Mod, Half-Life 2).

but, Microsoft

Embrace, extend, extinguish

>pulley isn't working in BWM
and why the fuck was i bothering with all this

These look like Project Zulu haunted armors.

Noice.

Is this meant to be a dungeon to run in Adventure Mode?

We dead?

Schrodinger's thread.

Could be. It's a build from a previous incarnation of our server map that I mcedit'ed into our current one.

... and then filled with ghosts and treasure to make for a fun mini-dungeon romp when we go to reclaim it.
Done some similar things to the other builds put in:

Is infested with spiders.

And a city from way back in alpha I filled with custom 10hp zombies and the only treasure in there is things available back then.

Best part is that the other guys on the server don't know anything beyond a few of these screenshots Ive posted in this thread.

Sky Factory is pretty fun if you're an autist

>1.10 Forge indefinitely held back until they can relicense it, offering no benefit to anyone involved.

Any advice on how to finish this chimney? I'm not entirely satisfied with it
Structure is a town hall with a firepit in the middle

>another mod loader
>needs MCP mappings
>needs source patches
>needs Gradle
>needs 1.10

Lex would be proud.

Anyone?

Also, I can't keep resurrecting the thread

Forge (not FML) uses a modified version of BuildCraft's license. I spent a good part of my BuildCraft maintainership trying to change it - there's many little issues and inconsistencies in it. The delay does not, however, offer any benefit.

Make it maybe a block or two taller I suppose.

1.14 is where java version is frozen and MCPE starts in development. That is the wait until 1.14 warning was for.

Who the fuck cares? I'm still on my 1.7 pack and I'm still having fun with it. On top of that, I have quite a few instances of older versions with old mods and modpacks. I'll probably get bored of Minecraft before I run out of things to play in it and have to move on to new versions.

A lava generator with a bucket of lava can power a lava crucible or how it's called to produce more than a bucket of lava, thus creating free energy from scratch.

Now Tell me this isn't broken.

A diesel powered oil well can produce more oil than it uses.

Now tell me this isn't broken

>1.14 is where java version is frozen and MCPE starts in development. That is the wait until 1.14 warning was for.

My bad, going to make it more clear because I see what is going to happen. Take this warning however you like; just want to relieve fears of MCPE suddenly killing the Java version off.

When Mojang releases the 1.14 version of Java Minecraft, which is their 'target version', they will announce 1.14 as the last Java version and the MCPE will be released as Windows 10 Minecraft. This version will be linked to Microsoft's Windows 10 store and offered as a Windows 10 alternative to the Java version. Microsoft wants this minecraft version on all Windows 10 devices, including their smartphones and tablets where Java might not be supported. Other platforms will be linked to the Java version, but encouraged to update to Windows 10. The 1.14 version will be in support then for bugfixes/security fixes until a certain future date. This version is where modding will be near-permanently stable. The MCPE will be largely ignored by the modding community because it won't have a modding API. In short, don't worry about MCPE, modding will be fine on the Java version instead.