/simg/ - Simulation Games General

WE ACTUALLY DCS OPS AGAIN edition

A thread for all vehicle simulation games: racing sims, flight sims, train sims, submarine sims, tank sims, anything else sims which do not have enough traffic to sustain their own independent generals.

Extra attention grabbing search terms for example welcome sims
/fsg/ /dcsg/ /fsxg/ /bmsg/ /shg/ /rofg/ /etsg/ /il2g/ /lfsg/ /tsg/

/fsg/ Steam Group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/flightsimgeneral

/fsg/ TeamSpeak:
ts.artificialanimation.com:7997
Or whatever is on the group's profile

BMS download links
mega.nz/#!0BlTkazA!VUwoKAzavtJ3qIUy7lEF8D8MFjbI_Si-r6nwC3wQZYQ
mediafire.com/folder/54569phfy8au7/BMS4.33_setup
e-haf.org/PublicFTP/320/BMS_4.33/Falcon_BMS_4.33_U1_Setup.zip

Planefag pastebin:
pastebin.com/Zb0U61in

Silent Hunter 3 pastebin:
pastebin.com/jNSvhFfY

Dangerous Waters pastebin:
pastebin.com/qvxk755r

FPSchazly's Dangerous Waters tutorials:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOSvzqNmdX71x2COOyM-p2qHIpRNOvpGQ

Repository of various aviation related material:
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3EQDvufMNdeTUh4SE9WV0txa0E&usp=drive_web

>Example of welcome sims:
Falcon BMS
DCS World
Rise of Flight
IL-2
Combat Helo
Microsoft Flight Simulator
X-Plane
Euro truck sim
Assetto Corsa
rFactor 2
Live for Speed
SAM Simulator
Steel Beasts Pro
Steel Armor: Blaze of War
Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum
Silent Hunter
Train Simulator
Farming Simulator 2015

>Example of non-welcome games:
Arm* 3
Ac* Combat
W*r Thunder
World of ____

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10546221
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I want to _____ a Huey

remove

ARMA

>no link to old thread
REEEEEEEEE

This dead ass thread.

>make new thread on a tuesday morining
>gee I wonder why it's dead

not dead

Sorry senpai, I'm at work and I doubt my boss would approve of me shitposting while driving a forklift to keep the thread alive

Preview of an op I'm working on. This is still fairly early on, but it is now in a testable state.

Basically a """""""dynamic""""""" """""""campaign""""""" where the goal is to partially simulate a BMS campaign through the use of a state saving script. Right now only the aerodromes have anything at them, but I plan on adding more threats over cities etc as I develop this mission further.

The idea is to fly a large scale op with, then save the mission using the script. I (or whoever else is running the mission) then takes the saved version into the mission editor and makes any necessary changes that cannot be updated dynamically by DCS without a lot of scripting. This includes stuff like updated the CAP zones of the enemy fighters, updating spawns, changing FARP locations, etc.

The other use for this mission could be for the Mercs and Planes idea that a few of us have been working on lately, which is (in my head at least) essentially a campaign played in sessions ran by a Game Master or similar. You buy your plane and weapons, then go and fly missions to make money to fly more missions and buy better planes.

Mods?

Sounds bad ass nigga, keep it up.

Wow, you might even make it worth re-installing this dull slavshit switch flicking simulator.

Not unless enough people want mod aircraft. The only ones I would add would be the F/A-18, F-15E, and A-7.

As a side note I'll also most likely make a version of the mission with the sides flipped around so the players play redfor against bluefor.

As in sand textures, better imposters, correct ammo for fiddy cals, WW2 ground units.

Those would be nice for the poorfags that only have the 25T, also more third gen shit like the MiG-23 pls.

I really liked the blueflag rounds with no amraams/ETs/ERs so this mission has none of those and you're going up against MiG-25s, 23s, Su-27s, and MiG-21s.

I also included Su-25As and 25Ts for those that like those modules.

Oh, I see. I was considering making a mod pack that wasn't mandatory, but that no one would object to downloading.

>that no one would object to downloading.
Those people that would object can get fucked, also you could always an already merged mod pack with two versions, one with ground textures and one that doesn't have them (for the people that already have downloaded them and for shitters with bandwidth caps).

ちぇck

Well the ground textures are client side, so no problems there.

As for the other stuff, I want to keep the file size low so if someone shows up just before an op and wants the modpack it won't take them a while.

Then go ahead and quicken it you lowlife piece of shit.

If you state that the mods will be needed for those ops in the OP/second post they'll have no excuse for not having downloaded the mods and you can make the modpack size as big as you'd like.

Also will there be flyable MiG-23s and Su-17s?

post aesthetics

I suppose. I still want to keep the file size low regardless, mods to make existing planes flyable only take a few MB at most.

And no, there won't be flyable MiG-23s and 17s. At least on bluefor, when I make the redfor version I'll probably have those.

>those Kamina glasses that don't get affected by the VHS corruption
Way to ruin a nice image.

okay im going to bed yurofags pls keep the thread alive

have a nighty night foxbat

Why play as bluefor now when we can do it later AND fuck around with the F-5? Or better yet, why have a bluefor= exclusively NATOshit/redofr= exclusively slavshit thing?

I tried that too, impossible to optimise in the current patch with the broken AI ON/AI OFF commands.

and don't just concentrate all AA at airbases

Hope you're ready for ED to break your scripts every other patch.

>broken AI ON/AI OFF commands.
Doesn't reverting to the previous stable build fix that?

I guess, but that's a big ask of the people playing your mission. We get enough desyncs already.

DCS aircraft mods are down right retarded.

>ED just changed the forum banner to a mig-29 taking off

oh boy.

I wish modern flight sims allowed you to crash into buildings.

The terrorists won

As far as I understand only the server has to do that, the clients can still use the latest open beta.

It doesn't work like that, depending on the version the server may not be visible.

I'm pretty sure BF did exactly what I posted and it worked.

>BF worked

Well we seem to have a different understanding of what working is.

it depends on the version and such though, sometimes it may sometimes it may not.

How should I go about closing the gap to a flanker or MiG in the mirage?

Their IRST+ET missiles are hard to counter, 16 flares means I can't just spam them or I'll run out

You shouldn't.

REEALLY makes me want some MICAs then

Pls, what you're asking is dumb, not as dumb as "how do I win a turnfight against a CR42/I-153 if I'm flying a Me-262" you don't, if you try doing that he'll eat you alive and then crash after dying of laughter but it's getting there.

>try downloading DCS standalone
>90KB/s
How do I merge the steam install with standalone again?

So avoid is the order of the day, maybe hope to sneak up on then.

Poop on them with your actually GOOD radar and radar guided missiles then leg it, you should also have better TWR than them.
Alternatively if you have a wingman that is flying a soviet plane you could act as bait and let him take care of them, but that's risky.

Any cunts here got any good Silent hunter 4 mod suggestions?

The two go-by mods are Real Fleet Boat if you want to play the disgusting ez modo US subs and Operation Monsun if you want to play as the gerries (the name is misleading as it covers the area of operations of Op. Monsun and Europe AND the Americas).

You'll have to wait if you want to hear about submods and other shit as my experience with SH4 is pretty limited, but I can tell you that there was a nip campaign in the making a few years ago, I don't know it something came out of it though.

Looks damn good, user

This would be almost perfect if you swapped the capitalist pig disgusting Fiji with glorious MOLOKO.

>MiG-21
>not MиГ-21биc

you had one job

modernize

>MOLOKO

Russian condensed milk?

Yes.

DELETE THIS

Noice.

can you remake it in 2560x1440

I really want this as my desktop wallpaper. it's so fucking good

ちぇck

Why Onigashira?
Are you a fucking jap or something?

>Why Onigashira?
>reading it wrong
You mean why is Tony Kito written there?

disgusting slavs get out.

BMS ops WHEN

Hope this is alright

Fucking perfect. I love you so much

Amazing

Minimum speed

Pull up! Pull up!

NEW POLL FOR HELI OPS Incase you're too poor to own one

strawpoll.me/10546221
strawpoll.me/10546221
strawpoll.me/10546221
strawpoll.me/10546221

Should be "What helicopters can you fly?". I own every rotorcraft but haven't mastered them all.

Post ugly plens

Nipspeak doesn't work like that.

I have DCS Black Shark 1. I wish they still offered a discount for the Ka-50 module if you have it.

>Nipspeak doesn't work like that.
You mean トニー isn't Tony and 鬼頭 doesn't have multiple readings as a family name, including Kito?
Are you pretending?

>writing western surnames in kanji
As I said.

Ah, so that's your problem.
Well, I'm pretty convinced it's pretend nipspeak for the sake of dank /simg/ memes so you can relax.

The point is that as far as I know even the memest vapormeme artists don't do that, they stick to katakana.

:3

I just threw "Tony Kito" through google translate and it looked alright. I don't speak Japanese.

>as far as I know even the memest vapormeme artists don't do that
You just saw proof that you're wrong. It's low effort memes.

At least it didn't come out as something like
>日本語男
>忍者 男

/da operational accidents/

>the flarespam
Every time.

Is there a way to open webms on an iPhone?

Holy shit migs are so fucking tiny.

KAWAIIIIIIIIIIIII

What the fuck, when did Fulcrum/Flanker ops happen?

Fuck.

That webm is from the first days of /simg/

This is the oldest ever ops webm. It's back from the /wgg/ days.

Do blufor and redfor get M-2000 slots on the blue flag server?

>You just saw proof that you're wrong.
Yeah except that's just an image made by some random fag, not a memewave """"""""artist"""""""".