- Warmane, Icecrown alliance 8x

- Gamer District, Horde 7x

- Theatre of Dreams, Horde 2x
Cata
- Atlantiss, Alliance 1x

>Where can I get game clients?
pastebin.com/mxjmsr3t

>How do I connect to [server]?
1. Register on a private server that hosts the same game client you have.
2. Copy their realmlist URL. This can usually be found on the main page of the website or on their registration page.
3. Look for a realmlist.wtf file in your WoW folder. This may either be in the root folder, or inside Wow/Data/enUS/
4. Open the realmlist.wtf file in a text editor such as Notepad and paste in the realmlist settings of the server. Make sure it starts with 'set realmlist' followed by the realmlist URL.
5. Launch the game from wow.exe and enter your account info.

>I have set the realmlist correctly but it still connects me to XYZ server/says invalid login info.
You will need a clean wow.exe and dll files if you downloaded your WoW client from XYZ server. Check the clients section above.

>How do I stop my client from auto-updating?
• Start the game with wow.exe - not launcher.exe
• Don't use your email for logging in, use your account name.
• Find the patchlist file in your installation and remove it.

Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby_Duck_Syndrome
discord.gg/0w91qapZZenZbFzy
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for Denker is our lord and savior who will carry the other terrible warlocks.

Second for eurocore lads

>rogues cries about not being able to kick sicne it fucks over their dps

>they would rather do good dps than contribute to downing a boss and helping the guild progress

Fucking gkick the bastards

>fish cooked on outside but raw inside

is this normal?

Very, it's pretty good

This looks so fucking disgusting.

Nth for cunny did nothing wrong

Are paladin only 25 mans doable in wotlk?

with 3.3.5 talents yes, that's like playing with a 30% buff

10th for rogues did nothing wrong

If you want to raid 25 man Ulduar on the best scripted server join .
Currently in need of:
Ranged dps (not warlocks)
Enh shaman
Feral dps druid
Holy/prot paladins
Any other ranged dps

Ask in game or discord for more information.

i have to say i'm actually really impressed with tod's raid scripting. it's slightly better than gd's only because FL/yogg work but ignis/mim are bugged so it's an even trade.

The spin up bug is really fucking annoying, i think gd had the same thing a few years ago but it is hard to remember.

Do you really absolutely need an enhancement shaman or cat dps in a 25 man environment?
Also doesn't the guild have like 10 max level paladins?

no.

he's being autistic, play what is fun for you

dalaran

if somebody starts up a progressive guild ill gladly play dalaran

No, those are just two classes we currently have 0 of.
We have 1 reliable ret when he isn't in jail, one semi reliable holy/prot paladin.
We had plenty before but they quit.

Which server will give me the best wotlk experience?
And is there any decent server with WoD working at least half decently? O haveny gone through any WoD content yet

Molten looking for more players :)

>that ui

wew lad

No. Both are good (and both are very fun to play) but the 10% AP from enhance can come from a blood DK (we have zero of those as dps) and the 5% crit from cats can come from fury warriors (we have two and both are pretty good)

Play what you enjoy and you'll get a spot

>that UI

This is who you'd be playing with on Lolten.

Best scripted is tod but it has a 1k eu peak and a low/dead NA prime time.

Gd is a good mix of both but it is p2w and high rate snd people mostly run just icc maybe togc for trinkets

Molten has a high rate realm that's higher pop than gd but lower quality and p2w along with having a fake queue so you have to donate to skip the queue or wait hours during prime time

Lordaeron is the same as above just 1x

Dalaran is trash and not worth playing over lordaeron

still has 3 times the keybinds avanine has

which says what when avanine is better?

Keybinding heals don't even count

Oh shit I love playing enh shaman but I feel I'll have 300ms or something to europe.

Are you strayan?

No, I'm from Argentina.

What's the opinion on the L4G TBC server?

hello my brother of african heritage

I tank with 210ms, it's not bad.

Really? I get that to US usually, well I'll give it a try, I'm downloading the client and it'll take a like 3 hours, if my latency is that low then I'll stick around.
I have this week off so maybe I can reach 80 by sunday.

Make sure you vote, 5 vote points and u can buy 24 hours of 4x xp.

I'm in Arizona, US, so my ping is usually pretty dogshit to Poland. Still completely playable, able to dodge boss mechanics and cooldown properly, etc

How populated is the new feenix server?

who /US/ here

I'm back from a long pause. What's the best server for 3.3.5 PvE, Theatre of Dreams? It's 2x only, that's going to take a while to get to 80, doesn't it

For pve tod is best, and wpsg plays there.
You can use 5VP for 24 hours of 4x.
They are also opening transfers soon

GD has better scripting. When the ToD meme going to stop?

>original servers
The what, retail?

Are there how many players playing? Used to play there some time ago

GD does not have better scripting. I've played both. Their Ulduar and Naxx is definitely better.

That said, ToC and ICC are not yet released on ToD due to the progression release style.

Gd doesn't have better naxx or ulduar, which are the only raids on tod.
Other private servers

GD has 1000 people online practically at all times EXCEPT when it reaches about 7 or 8pm EST in the US. See the chart that's from their site. GD has a larger EU population, but at night, there are still about 300 people online.

It's a solid, healthy, populated place. Moreso than other garbage private servers with 1) dead pop 2) non-English speakers, 3) crap scripts 4) pay to win 5) admin abuse 6) drama.

GD's just a comfy ass server to play in, and I say that because it's fun. You get to try out a bunch of different classes that you weren't able to in retail thanks to the 7x EXP. And if 7x isn't your thing, you can always switch it to 1x or 2x.

Cool, thanks. is active? Raid progression? What classes needed?

Why do people like wrath so much is it a 18-20 year old thing or something?

runs great on neet laptops

whats the alternative..?

>vanilla

no decent/stable servers, burned out from nost anyway

>tbc

absolutely garbage servers, not investing time into that

>cata

not bad

people have spent so much time on wotlk its not a surprise they don't want to try something new, especially considering the autistic nature of the people here (gotta be best dps!!!!!)

is active. I just joined 2 days ago, but I've been playing on GD off an on for years and been in many Veeky Forums guilds. Right now I think the guild just started? So we're definitely at Naxx I know that. Dunno what classes are def needed, but honestly feel free to play whatever. I think there's room for warriors. DKs. Just play anything that interests you. There's only 44 people in the guild. I have 3 characters in there so I think there's gotta be 20 unique players on here.

I dunno. Wrath was the peak of WoW. I'd love to try a Cata funserver sometime. I'd love to play as a Goblin or Wargen.

Something that isn't a healer or caster

Hmm well that does put it in perspective, I might have to give it a try after I try out Feenix's new server

Every WoW private server has foreigners. GD has p2w with shadowmourne. And Ulduar and Naxx are better on ToD.

le aunt poisoner

dont roll on GD

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby_Duck_Syndrome

kek

you motherfucker

I've got a DK I could bring in for fun

on Atlantiss is looking for more

about atlantiss:
>1x rates (3x with RAF), 80-85 takes ~15-17 hours, 1-80 on 1x ~2 days, 15-81 with RAF+RDF ~15 hours
>no P2W
>3-3.5k peaks (pop floats between 1k and 3k mostly, current server time is 17:18 tuesday, online 1982, balance 55-45)
>T11, T11HC and T12 are out, at the moment we're raiding T11HC (with a set gear limitation of the issues with T11 and vmaps were recently fixed including atramedes, the content scripting is good
>pvp is relatively active, bg's always pop, arena is active during EU hours

some things about cata:
>tanking is a lot more fun, there are plenty of raid tank assignments other than tank&spank
>healing has changed drastically, mana management is crucial (you will go oom fast if raiders don't avoid mechanics)
>almost all dps rotations have been revamped into a priority system requiring more attention and are generally harder than previous expansions
>most of the boss encounters are more complex

what classes/specs do we want?
>a consistent tank (to be the main tank)
>warriors/enhancement if you prefer melee
>any ranged dps is welcome but we're low on warlocks
>an active holy paladin and a resto druid
however, you'll get in as any class, most of the specs are viable and we need raiders.

the goal is to set up 25 mans, we've been getting 18-23 players on a raid days

raid day is wednesday, time 22:00 server time (CEST/GMT+2)

link to the discord channel: discord.gg/0w91qapZZenZbFzy

i'll be online all day, you can ask specific questions and i'll answer

im going to transfer a priest to ToD

what spec should i go if I want to raid?

What about retri paladins?

Your opinions are inaccurate and reflective of someone who has never played anything but wrath and atlantiss.

Any, but holy would be best for us atm

i think we have two, they're decent-ish

I love how people think atlantiss is good when it has just as many problems as any other server including the tbc servers.

>warriors/enhancement if you prefer melee
How could you be low on these two

THREE WRATH SERVERS IN THE OP
THREE

da fuq is wrong with you retards?

Like? They fixed T11/12 pretty much completely, the new azeroth questing is decent and the class bugs aren't plentiful

we had one active and one semi-active warrior
zero enhancement shamans

>not being best dps

Always must one try his absolute best for it will take him to Valhalla where he will gain power, women and fame.

May Odin smile upon you friend.

huh?

my post has nothing to do with actual expansion content

the simple fact is that there is no polished, english, populated, progressive/non p2w stable tbc servers at the moment. I don't care about your fringe HG fetishes, unless there is a tbc server with the aforementioned traits, you will not see any mass migrations like we saw with ToD

the only hope for tbc is if one of the bigger servers decide to open a new blizzlike progressive tbc server, or gummy/corecraft

wrath doesn't take much to do actual endgame content, tbc is a bit more, and nobody wants to invest that in a shit server that won't be up next month

wotlk quests barely work. most other quests are fucked and they took shortcuts for you to be able to complete them, especially anything requiring scripts. an entire cata zone is missing. many tbc-wotlk mobs behave completely different or their abilities don't work properly. there's still mangos bugs galore. not even all of the cata quests are scripted properly. phasing pretty much barely works. there are still class bugs. many leveling dungeons outright don't work, and the dungeons that do barely work. I haven't played on it in a while or I'd probably be able to list more. it was massively buggy until you reached max level where it was still very buggy. it's basically a cata raid simulator and it's not perfect at that. not to mention the fact it's filled with poles and completely dead when the poles are offline.

I'm never accepting how they ruined Hunters with focus. The idea was good, but literally removing 50% of the abilities was retarded

>I haven't played on it in a while
>but i'll still spew bullshit

>wotlk quests
who cares?
>some tbc mobs abilities dont work
who cares?
>cata quests aren't scripted properly
but they are
>many levelling dungeons don't work
but they do
>filled with poles and dead when the poles are offline
but it isn't, 1000 pop during pole-dead (NA) hours and 3k peaks isn't dead

10/10 post m8

Two are meme guilds that won't clear naxx 10

by in a while I mean a couple months. the server isn't fresh in my mind.
>bugs
>who cares
gee, user. you sure are smart. and I'm pretty sure you're greatly overexaggerating the population.

the dungeons work in the sense that they are able to be completed, but the encounters and mobs are barely scripted. and no, many cata quests don't work as they did on retail.

the thing is here though is that atlantiss is a buggy mess, but somehow still considered quality despite being similarly buggy compared to "low quality" servers.

Atleast they profile themselves as relaxing guilds.

The only meme there is the one trying to do ulduar HMs with mentally handicapped leadership, wasting everyone's time.

>triggered

Do you always fight so much in this general?

I might download cata today and tank for you guys, just trying to finish my profs on ToD.

t. Meme

>triggered

I am, that's what playing in does to a person when we can't kill shit because yarrick and other shitters have to be there when they could've been replaced 10 raids ago
fuck cobe and his fuckboys dumbest raidleader I've seen so far
bring sehsa and bjenk back

>gee, user. you sure are smart
yeah, unlike you i am, who the fuck cares about tbc mob abilities? how much time are you going to spend killing those mobs? 5 minutes until you complete the quest and move on (90% are rdf-ing to 81) is your experience and immersion ruined now?

i have recently leveled a character to 80 and i've noticed no major or even minor bugs in dungeons, if you can be more specific that'd be cool, but knowing you you'll just spew random generic bullshit
>inb4 wailing caverns boss doesn't cast sleep

literally the only thing that matters on private servers are raid and class scripting

pic related, i'm greatly overexaggerating the population

It's because the kiddies in this general only played wrath+ retail. So suddenly things that they're "unable to overlook" are easily overlooked when it's on a cata server.

>blaming cobe for not making people follow tactics
>blaming someone who hasn't been to raids in weeks
Wow really are triggered

We can't kill shit because new people do 0 research.

We had to explain Yogg+4 last night. Again. For the 5th time.

Watch some fucking kill videos and we'll do better, quit walking into the raid knowing literally nothing.

It's all sunwell poles.
Also the cata questing is broken as fuck, and keeps getting worse with every update.
And that is a big deal when the questing is so gated and you need to complete quests.

Classes are a buggy mess. Sure if you don't have the awareness to actually notice what's happening everything looks fine from a quick glance at the surface. But every class has a ton of issues constantly happening.

That guy just said they weren't better than tbc servers. And that's factually correct.

Alright guys I need to fucking figure this out.

People who play on Dalaran please tell me why I should join your server instead of ToD.

I'm thinking ToD because it has better scripting.

Fant literally got the hyjal achievement yesterday and i'm doing deepholm and uldum quests right as we speak

keep spamming the generic buzzwords, i'm sure people will take you seriously

This. It really is not much to ask for new players to just read up on fights before the raids. It's a huge time sink to have to explain entire fights each raid.

Dalaran peaks at 2k pop and even though it is YEARS old it is still maintaining its population and even growing

ToD peaks at 600 pop and the server is legit dying

Do you want to play single player MMO, or an actual MMO?

www.dalaran-wow.com

Dalaran has a little bit more pop, forced progression in that you need to clear naxx before ulduar etc. And it has toc open.

Classes are really bad on dalaran, basically the devs do a poor job with modifying anything core related. So pathing is stock, stuff like that.
What the devs are good at is mob scripting, so the raids are actually scripted decently. But the fundamental mechanics during them can be extremely buggy.

People get loremaster on the most broken servers like 2010 Molten-wow. Everything you wrote there was a whole buzzpost.

But I heard your scripting is shit.

I'm not even sure what that really means. Like what quests are actually crap?

Also what's the exp setting for dalaran? How's the leveling scene?

They keep breaking already broken quests even more so thr community work arounds don't even work anymore.

>big deal that quests don't work when questing is gated
>but user they work
>hurr they worked on molten 2k10

Its not even shit, people here just exaggerate/are jealous/like to be haters/dont even have 80s on the servers.
Anyway Dalaran just hired 5 new developers too to fix bugs. Raids are great, levelers are everywhere because its a 1x rate server only. I was able to run RDF all the way to 80.

Just roll Dalaran mate. ToD is literally fucking dying. Log on their website and check how many players are logged in, please.

Scripting refers to the instructions given to mobs. So basically if they pat around, what abilities they use and when to use it. Events such as hyjal trash are all scripts. The term scripting basically refers to boss and raid encounters when people mention it.this is very different than say setting the damage coefficients on fireball, pathing, or buff stacking.

Even if they just hired some people to actually fix the fucking classes, basic shit about them just doesn't work.