/civ4xg/ - Stellaris, Civilization & 4X Strategy General

Tell me about your sexual organs edition

>Stellaris OP:
pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Stellaris Mod Archive
mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg

>What is stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Dev Diary about upcoming Asimov patch
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-37-asimov-patch-part-2.950536/

>Unofficial Stellaris Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

>Where is the white only mods/patch
Ask in the thread.

>/civ4xg/ OP:
pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>More info on Civ VI:
pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/
well-of-souls.com/civ/civ6_overview.html

Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/n7gPriQK
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Asimov Dev Diary
>Beautiful Battles mod integrated
>Advanced Wargoals mod integrated
>map modes
>slave rebellions reactivated
>nomad events
>diplomatic events

>this or a science ship

Neat

what's the event

The general was dead for a while so I forgot the exact details, but it involves salvaging a ship. Not the automated factory or derelict cruiser ones.

Oh wow these guys fucked up. That takes care of the only real threat on the map, and I had a tech advantage anyway.

is stellaris kill?

>Oh wow these guys fucked up.
I was in similar situation and I thought the same thing, but then that absolute madmen actually conquered whole ascendancy

>those wargoals
They're going full bullymode.

I'm just curious on what they did wrong. Because I've got a Keeper of Knowledge and Enigmatic Observer right on my ass, taking up two embassy slots with all my AI research and collectivist policies.

Has anyone noticed that every game you play, almost all your immediate neighbors are going to be the opposite ethos of you? This game I've dealt with spiritualists and individualists, but my last individualist game was filled with collectivist empires.

oh is it the Naked Now event? I had that twice now and twice I got Tasha Yar going crazy for Synth

wait that text isn't in the vanilla game, right

>war is already over
>made them abandon planets
>still has a frontier outpost

So I assume they are Militant Isolationists, but isn't that frontier outpost just going to continually cause border problems and drag them into war after war until it's destroyed?

just little experiments with modding

Has anyone else stopped making races that use wormholes?
Wormholes feel like cheating.

Can someone explain to me how War Goals Warscore works?

I'm new to Stellaris and Paradox's 4X games in general.

It says it's a number which ticks up as I accomplish my goals, but considering the fact that I've occupied the planet I set out to occupy for about a year now and it's still at zero, I'm thinking its broken.

This hasn't been an issue until now, but now the empire I'm trying to absorb is part of a fuckhuge alliance, so I'm only getting one or two points toward victory for each battle, occupation, etc.

Is this intentional? Is there some way around it other than just slowly killing off the tiny corvettes they send?

I don't even make races, I just hit random and stick with what I get. Unless I get peaceful, it's just so tedious.

But random opens up the game to plays I normally would never try, like mega corporation or isolationists plays.

>Is this intentional?
yes :(

>Is there some way around it other than just slowly killing off the tiny corvettes they send?
no :(
you have kill their stations, occupy as many planets as possible, kill all their ships, just kill everything you can to increase war score. then you get whatever you put in as wargoal, even if it's just one planet and even if you never occupied that specific planet.

What about the "slowly ticking" bit?

I've not once had it go above zero. What objectives would even work for that?

>data got to pound prime tasha

FULLY FUNCTIONAL

MULTIPLE TECHNIQUES

A group of friends and I just picked up Civ V + BNW + G&K, and I don't remember the first fucking thing about how to play Civ well- I remember playing IV in high school a little bit, but that's all. Are there any recommended resources for learning how to not eat total shit at this game? We're planning on doing random civs on fractal maps I think.

I bet his dick even vibrates at a hypersonic frequency too.

they must have destroyed something of yours or occupied something. also sometimes a retreating enemy fleet is considered to have won the battle.

Data pounded that pussy all night harder than an energizer bunny, he's basically a fucking machine. See

I've had that happen to me a couple of times, but I'm more wondering what the "Wargoals" indicator even means. I'm assuming it has something to do with doing what I said I'd accomlish before declaring the war, but occupying planets doesn't make it begin to rise.

but would he ever really use that? isn't a hypersonic vibro dick opposed to his quest to be as human as possible? would he innocently walk into tenforward and ask Geordi to help him remove his dick and deactivate the vibration function in front of half the crew?

no it has nothing to do with your wargoals
it's just winning battles, occupying instead of being occupied, etc.
the wargoals just increase the warscore

>data and lore will never tag team tasha

Could a human survive such an ordeal?

of course. Tasha would have begged him and told him human use everything they can. Then, after nearly killing Tasha, she would still be recovering in sick bay, he would have no choice but to remove it lest there be more "incidents".

what a way to go though

you realize that Data is capable of shaking your hand without crushing your bones and ripping your arm out, right?

...but Lore...might not always be cautious with his power

Imagine the excitement Tasha felt.
>This android love making god could pulverise me and pound me through the hull
>he's fucking me to my limit but he's not even using 1% of his power

Father, what are you doing to that woman?

How do cyborgs even compete?

so has anyone tried that Star Trek total conversion for Stellaris yet? how is it coming along?

Are "once per ruler" buildings completely useless? By the time I really need them my rulers are practically immortal.

Buildings? Mostly useless.

Now oversized ships and elite assault troops are never useless

jesus this tomb world
all dat research

>first time getting unbidden event
>they spawn within my borders
>they only spawn two fleets of 17k each
>immediately send a 70k strong fleet to deal with them
>unbidden defeated

Was that really it?

Also I studied enough wrecks to get extradimensional weaponry, but now it won't let me research level 2 of that even though it's right there in my list of things to research. Nothing happens when I click it

>elite assault troops
but they are useless
get the Mecha Armies mod and remove xenos by stomping them with Titan level mechs

Why did Paracux make Militarist useless?

This general is deader than /meg/, what the fuck.

Asimov patch available as beta on steam, patchnotes in: pastebin.com/n7gPriQK

make love, not war

>Not fungoid
>No tentacles

Fucking casual.

New system view is pretty. Also Spiritualist confirmed for never deviating from ethics ever again.

What about happiness?
How is it now?

Happiness default is now 50, and instead of bonus at static levels, it just scales flat.

>now 50
This sounds bad.
>flat bonus
That's okay, but I heard they might have nerfed stuff that grants happiness, so I'm skeptical about how this will go.

Ofcourse they have. Though pacifists now get happiness at peace. Just go through the patch notes with ctrl+f "happiness"

>240 months

yes, eg:
>Grand design is nerfed
>no happiness from migration treaties
>spiritualist happiness bonus removed
>ironic democracy happiness bonus removed

any good mods for civ IV that aren't a clusterfuck like c2c?

Also reminder that in Asimov it's no longer core worlds but core systems, so get your multi-planet core systems now lads.

civ V

Have they said how long they expect Asimov to be in beta?

Militarist is so fucking shit now jesus christ.

kek

true tho'

ship damage seems a lot better than army damage? armies are shit

>3 %
I'm feeling it.

Not saying it's amazing, but it certainly seems better than the old piece of shit bonus.

the only real use armies have is to take planet war goals

you can pretty much just rely entirely on your fleet

amirite

Atleast they didn't make Cleo black this time.

>government types
What the fuck am I looking at?

Irenic Protectorate
* Leader Pool effect removed
* Leader Influence Cost effect removed
* Empire Leader Cap effect removed
* (NEW) Core Systems increased by 10

Transcendent Empire
* Slavery Tolerance effect removed
* Resettlement Cost effect removed
* (NEW) Edict Influence cost reduced by 30%
* (NEW) Edict duration increased by 30%
* (NEW) Ethics Divergence reduced by 20%

Transcendent Oligarchy
* Ethics Divergence effect removed
* Leader Influence cost effect removed
* (NEW) Leader Lifespan increased by 40 years
* (NEW) Resettlement Cost reduced by 30%

And in addition random happiness bonus for democracies.
Then there's this:

Fanatic Collectivist
* Food requirement increased from -10% to -15%

Collectivist
* Slavery Tolerance reduced from +50% to +33%

Fanatic Xenophobe
* Xenophobia reduced from 20% to 15%
* Rival Influence Gain increased from +50% to +75%

Xenophobe
* Xenophobia reduced from 10% to 5%
* Alien Slavery Tolerance reduced from +50% to +33%

Until the community modders fixed all the bugs

Also, final feature screenshot, you now get a popup to name a colony when you send the ship out.

>people are not picking fanatic ethos, they say they're weak, maybe we should make them better?
>nah let's just nerf the regular ethos into the ground instead

"feature"
yay more shit to click through

Slavery shit now.
xenophobes uterly shit now.

good, the slavery mechanics were dumb

What the fuck? I'm playing a hyperlane only game and these guys just appeared out of fucking nowhere in the middle of my space as if they warped.

t. filthy individualist

>mid game
>micromanaging planets for maximum output potential
>every fucking game
They really need to set up an auto-upgrade option for planets, this is just getting boring

I still love the game though

Must have gotten their hands on a Romulan cloaking device. You need to make a net of tachyon beams with your fleet so you can see an interruption when they pass by.

That sounds like gay Star Wars crap desu

Will slaves be a problem? It feels like all I'm going to have is need to put some garrisons on planets to quell rebellions.

You can still make jump and psi jump drives.

Lack of slavery tolerance might by a bigger problem.
Also there should be a Loyalist slaves faction who are happy and supporting status que.
Random sabotaging could be pain.
Military presence will be must have on slave worlds.

Is the unit stack hate a meme or do people actually believe this?

Unit stacking tends to turn zerg rushes into the only viable strategy. No flanking, no chockpoints, just throw a stack at enemy stack and hope your is bigger.

Not unless you have a mechanic to punish stacking, like collateral damage.

>fanatic spiritualist and collectivist Transcendent Empire
> divergence reduced -20 by government
> -30 by being fanatic spiritualist
> -15 by ministry of benevolence
> -30 by mindcontrol laser
> -10 by mausoleum
> -20 by frontier commissars
seems balanced

>it would take literally five minutes to add button "randomize" in case you don't like the original name and don't have any inspiration
Swedes always find a new way to disappoint me

so none of your pops will ever drift away from your shitty ethics that give little bonus?

it's like anti-theft devices on your 500 dollar car

There is no level 2.

It'll go away after a while.

does pd and point defense fire at all missiles in range or only at those fired at their own ship? using beautiful battles.

also, do fighters shoot down missiles and torps or only other strike craft?

Fighters definitely shoot down missles. Don't know about pd.

Just gave this game another shot with the beta patch, and it's still utterly Bland McBland. Maybe they did a better job fleshing out the mid-game, I don't know, it's just so boring and pointless that I'll never get there.
You colonize everything in range, you build stations everywhere. Prioritize those things that give you the most profit. That's it. Special project? Go research it, you don't lose anything. There are no decisions to be made, it's just busy-work.
How the fuck did they manage to make SPACE so BORING?

I would rather take fanatic colectivist spiritualist. As there is no other option than FC for slavery.

I fucking LOVE that +5 core system government

Also fanatic purifiers have a -1000 relations malus nowadays. That's pretty funny

Seems like plutocratic oligarchy is great to start out with now. -25% mining station cost in the early game when it matters and you then switch to something actually useful later.

bump

how does plasma cannon compare to tachyon lances?

Tachyon > everything

Plasma is better then laser though, so they are worth investing in

does tachyon have any bonus against shields or armor?
I already have plasma cannons due to debris, wondering if it's worth it to invest in laser research.
(I also have torps and kinetic arti)

you should invest in lasers JUST so you get access to lances

But Plasma is superior to Lasers in almost every way

Savage.