/vhg/ - VA11-Hall A General

Welcome to /vhg/!

>What's VA11-Hall A?

A cyberpunk VN-style game where you are a bartender, slinging drinks to waifus.

OST : garoad.bandcamp.com/album/va-11-hall-a-second-round

Official site : waifubartending.com/

Demo : kiririn51.itch.io/valhalla-bar
Steam : store.steampowered.com/app/447530/

Other urls found in this thread:

waifubartending.com/
mega.nz/#!ohFzCayb!mLrrD4JaWIZnSF758kG_dxdSaM-tz6nmpo8DwsOUEtQ
discord.gg/015PtTMDeyGv7D2NF
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What drink is small sweet and icy? I can only find one thats sweet and icy with 10 ingrediants

Moonblast, innit?

The game only differentiates BIG drinks as 20 ingredient ones.

>/vhg/
;_;

Give it time, user.

Unless it was the name of something else that you're lamenting.

I forgot how to make drinks big
pls help

double up the ingedients

I get this screen when I turn on the game, what do

What OS are you running? Also what version are you trying to run? Steam? Mega? GoG?

Win7, GoG

Interested in the game cause I love cyberpunk, but feeling a bit reluctant with indie games lately. How does the game do performance-wise? Any major bugs or flaws? Where did you buy it off? Buying it directly off the website is a $5 discount apparently and you get the prologue and OST with a Steam key, but I'm wondering if it's expired.

Can you take a screencap of the folder you have it in?

Mine runs fine.

No bugs but it's more VN than "game", so it might be a flaw depending on who you talk to. Discount from the website is still good.

>Dorothy asks about your talking to yourself
>Anna shows up on the TV

SPOOKED

I'm usually a huge stickler for gameplay focused games and I usually stay away from VNs, but holy shit i'm actually having a lot of fun with this.
How? Is it the memes?

- a e s t h e t i c s
- awesome OST
- cute grils
- mixing, although BARELY gamplay, is still a welcome distraction from regular block-text VNs

If the mixing had like timing bars and shaking directions and stuff I'd probably rate this game even higher.

There you go

there has to be something i'm missing

Piano Man. It was mentioned in a conversation prior, if you remember.

It's probably the GoG shit making it act wonky.

Copy and back up the folder just so you don't lose anything, but after you do, try removing all the GoG shit until the folder looks like this.

Once it does, launch it from VA-11 Hall A.exe instead of the shortcut launcher.

oh shit, i remember. I thought that was with the newspaper intern? I wouldn't have ever guessed that on my own though, wow.

>wifus
>meme domain name
>meme email address ([email protected])
>all the devs are from the west
I can almost smell the Veeky Forums scent from the steam page. I was so sure that I would find a general here or a thread on /v/

To be fair, the guys that made it are literally from /agdg/, so yeah.

The /v/ threads are mostly screeching about memes and shitposting, but the girls are cute, so here we are.

Is the discount something you could only get in the past I don't see it anywhere on the official store.

Do you have to follow the customer's instructions or can you improvise or give them a different drink?

It's right on the main website, not Steam.

waifubartending.com/

Above the steam link, which is green, click the red box that says BUY NOW and it'll flip over and give you the option to buy it from the website directly, which gives you all the shit.

As for the instructions, yeah usually.

A customer will either :

- ask for an exact drink (give them what they want)

or

- ask for a kind of drink (bitter, sweet, salty, whatever), which you can then pick whatever you want and hope it matches

Beyond that, you can make some drinks more alcoholic or twice the size to get them hammered (which matters some of the time but not usually).

Nope, nothing changes. I can hear the menu items clicking but the screen is just glitched.

mega.nz/#!ohFzCayb!mLrrD4JaWIZnSF758kG_dxdSaM-tz6nmpo8DwsOUEtQ

Give that a shot, senpai.

Ah so the discount is for all the shit, basically you just get the ost for free.

Thanks for the tips.

Yeah, and the Prologue, which isn't on Steam right now.

What's Dorothy's drink to cheer her up? Too many people to remember all their favourites.

Sei a best

Wrong.

Stella is bae (´・ω・`)

piano woman

discord.gg/015PtTMDeyGv7D2NF

ayyy

Fuck, what does Alma like?

Rip

>tfw no Dorothy to have good banter with

How the fuck do you do Piano man? there's no more space for the extra stuff

Thanks a lot, this seems to work.

2 Aldehyde, 3 Bronson Extract, 5 Powdered Delta, 5 Flangeride and 3 Karmotine.
ALL on the rocks and mixed.

"This drink does not represent the opinions of the Bar Pianist Union or its associates."

Sour, Promo, Strong

I'm doing the tutorial and everytime I add everything to make the drink and press mix it still comes out bad. What am I supposed to be doing. I drag each drink to the center, added the ice, hit mix.

>tfw no sexbot friend to take home with you

why must life be suffering

You realize you can add up to 20 ingredients to a drink right? There's more than enough room for everything.
I don't understand how people have trouble with the drink mixing. The controls are laid out super clearly and honestly it's just tedium at this point since I just wanna keep talking to the characters but have to stop and do babby puzzles all the time.

Add the ingredients, press ice, and then press mix, let it go for a 5 count and then click stop.

Piano man.

Make sure you're not letting it mix too long. Letting it go for around five seconds is the limit for a mixed drink, after that when the shaker speeds up it's considered a blended drink.

It's best to just instantly stop mixing a mixed drink. It doesn't even need to mix for a full second. Only a blended drink needs to go until the shaker speeds up.

thank you, I guess it was the mix shit I was stuck on

What's the "pure" drink the faggot wants?

>discord.gg/015PtTMDeyGv7D2NF
Someone attach the Discord chat to the general next tiem.

What drink helps Alma cool off after the wings?

How do I make drinks big? Its just double everything right?

The person who's doing the Vita port is in chat right now answering questions.

Any good fanart yet?

Semen.

Double everything. Obviously only drinks with 10 or less ingredients can be biggenized.

It's been literally a day. So, yes. But only like one or two.

What was the drink who has the name changed after protests?

it's in the description of the drink

So how are people enjoying the game? I think it's really quite comfy, although the music gives me a headache after a while.

Anyone have a torrent or mega link?

is cyberpunk as fedora-core as steampunk?

Ah, found it, thanks. I can't find the one in "honor of a good friend", tho.

Piano Woman.

I only put comfy tracks on my jukebox to avoid this.

If you look carefully...

Not yet. Steampunk still wins because of fatties dressing themselves in leathers and gluing broken clock parts all over themselves.

i asked that question in this thread already actually

That one is a Piano Man. It was mentioned in earlier dialogue.

Thanks my man, next time il look before asking.

What happens if you have problems focusing at work? Anything? Does the amount of alcohol I put in the drinks actually matter?

How on earth do I know when a drink is ready mixing?

Instantly if mix, wait until the can shakes really fast if it says to blend

It just means that when you go to mix the drink, she won't remind you what the customer ordered.

As for the booze, it changes how some scenes happen. At the beginning, you can hyperbooze the glasses bitch that Boss brought to the bar and knock her out again, and Gil has to put her in a cab and send her home. If you don't, she stays awake and complains about more shit and leaves on her own.

I always go for 100% booze to kill these niggas.

Is there some way of instantly transferring stuff into the mixer? I'm playing on a laptop without a mouse and dragging stuff with a touchpad is really annoying.

>Big Boss Shiba shows up
>rivals with Seifar
>realize that Seifar sounds like Cipher

Fucking Venezuelans

Is fore the cat?
Did not notice the the speak text changed for every article

Comfiest tracks?

Fore is the cat, yes.

But the cat doesn't actually talk.

How long is this game? I feel like I've been playing it forever

20 hours

Use the keyboard shortcuts.
Q - Adelhyde
W - Bronson
E - Pwd Delta
R - Flanergide
T - Karmotrine

Has the game crashed for anyone else?

So Jill is just imagining him talking?
She needs to get laid.

Everything marked "Fore" is actually Jill talking to herself out loud. Boss comments on it when she comes over for beers.

WHERE'S ALL THE ART

What would Dorothy Order?

Her usual is the Sugar Rush, but when she's feeling down or celebrating she prefers the Piano Woman.

For that one in particular, however, the correct choice is the Sugar Rush.

of Draw Event
for object smalljuke_text:

Unable to find any instance for object index '50' name 'music_obj'
at gml_Object_smalljuke_text_Draw_0
############################################################################################

Try this

Got a bug that skips dialog like mad. Anyone else?

Are you hitting the Ctrl button by mistake? Because that's what that button does.

>Sei comes back bandaged
>Get a mistake
But what did I do wrong

You probably gave her the ol' spicy drink she asks for. You're not supposed to give it to her.

God dammit.

Then what ARE you supposed to give her? If you give her the Bleeding Jane you do get the Flawless bonus, but I've tried giving her anything else without alcohol in it and it gives me a mistake.

Try to see if control is stuck.

I got the simpsons joke one.
A Single Plum, Floating in Perfume, Served in a Men's Hat.
What is it?

Fedora tipper walked in again and asked for a drink, something "fake"

What the hell do I do? I'm thinking the beer?

frothy beer

Literally a single plum, floating in perfume, served in a men's hat.

Check under the BOTTLE tab.

Froathy Water. The description says it's fake beer.

Is it possible to pay all bills and not be distracted on your first run, i.e. pay all bills and buy items required for Jill so she stays focused at while bartending? I'm trying to make my save files work but I guess I need more cash in the early game.

Ah. And the next one he asked for pure, so I'm thinking that one drinks thats 1 adelhyde and 9 9 kermotryne?

Oh shit, I just remembered I spent like 1k on a case of beers to drink with my boss. Was that a requirement to not get distracted or could I just pass on buying that? I'm around 400 off from reaching the 10k to pay rent.

What do I give Mikai when she asks for something "like tea", its the end of the month and I'm strapped for cash so Jill's distracted and I get no hints.

She wants the Mulan Tea, $900 from the shop between workdays.

So I'm fucked?

Nice.

She wants tea from the store.