forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/18034-basics-damage-mechanics/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for
>21 knots lmao

Why are burger ships so fat?

poi

TSF are the real winners of the supremacy league KANTAI a shit lmao

Were Americans even fat back then?

Also, reminder to keep the thread civil.

While we're back to a standard OP, shipfus are fine, just post them in moderation and sensible numbers.

Stay butthurt hat everyone got fucking rekt by weeb poi lovers :)

nanodesu >.

>that forehead

horrifying

Thank you for opening my eyes to the FUN that is strike Ranger.

strike is always superior
a shame they removed the pure strike loadouts. I would have played CVs if they did not force me to be a fighterbully.

smart girl with big brain
a true waifu

>launch game today
>25 minutes after launching it is still stuck on this screen
wat do?

the head of a girl is for one thing only

Head pats?

NOOB CV WHERE FIGHTERS!???))))))))

How tf? My strike ranger was against nothing but fighter Rangers and the superior Saipan/Hiryu...

Any chance I could sneak a peak at a few of your replays?

reported for lewdposting

>tfw pink Kraken in ranked
also
>nurnberg is bad they said

Yes.

>18 Fuso shells into broadside Furutaka
>22k dmg
RNG is the cancer that's ruining this game
also; friendly reminder that WG literally thinks their games are e-sports

WoT: HE damage > AP damage
WoWS: HE damage < AP damage
Can someone explain this contradiction?

it's the other way around m8
also:
remember Tsushima ))))))))))))))))))

The tourney thing during the weekend was kind of cool.

It's a shame they fucked it up in the final match, but still cool.
GO KNTAI!

Isn't playing less then rank 15 is the equivalent of seal clubbing?
>WG literally thinks their games are e-sports
If someone consider Hearthstone an e-sport, then why not WoWS?

In tier 5-6 ranked, Nurnberg is good for bullying DDs and cruisers, but i find that Aoba is more useful due to her superior ability to deal damage to BBs.
It also has more hp and it's generally more resilient since you don't have to expose your sides to use 2/3 of your armaments.
Though, the best way to win ranked is USN gunbote.

>a shame they removed the pure strike loadouts
What? Pure strike loadout is never removed.

It's more like
WoT: Gold rounds > HEAT >= AP >HE
WoWS: HE > AP

>tfw the ever-unreliable translated RU forum posts only said that pocket battleships 'might' be added this year
>also said the developers don't even know quite how to balance them
I just know this effectively means I won't see one for a long time if at all. I just want my Scheer. Stupid sexy Deutschland.

>Playing on Low and getting a cheeky 26FPS average

There's not much you can do against competent AS CVs. Strike Ranger depends heavily on the MM. If the MM put you against a competent AS player, well, just hope your team is able to carry themselves.

Also, I don't even know there's a replay feature in WoWS.

In WoWs both AP and HE have their uses and shine in different situations, although HE is used as default shell most of the time.

In WoT HE shells are a last stand measure, and very few tanks can effectively use HE.

It'll probably be a T6 prem CA with BB levels of turret traverse. It would be great at bullying other CAs and lower tier BBs, but would suck against DDs. Implementing the Deutschland as a BB would be silly unless you slide it in at T4.

>>also said the developers don't even know quite how to balance them
They should balance it as good as they balanced Atago. (better Mogami with heal) or Lultuzov. That would be perfect T8 cruiser trio.
Are you using Pentium 2 processor?

The triple 11" turrets on Scharnhorst have a 180° traverse time of 25 seconds.

The somewhat lighter turrets on the panzerschiff would probably be even faster.

>They should balance it as good as they balanced Atago. (better Mogami with heal) or Lultuzov. That would be perfect T8 cruiser trio.
I'm not too sure about that, I think Deutschland has to be tier 6-7 because
>6 battleship guns
>heavy cruiser armor
>that speed/maneuverability
It would probably get torn to shreds at tier 8 because it's not a small target, and its offensive potential isn't particularly high for how low its defenses are.

Once in a blue moon, MM gives you a nice gift like this one.

are you telling me you can run cvs with out fighters again?

I leveled up the ijn cv line in beta playing with ONLY bombers, then they nerfed the loadouts the same time they widened the ijn torpedo spread.

Thats when you proceed to rush with your carrier into close range for and torpedo bomb things on the opposite side of the island you are hiding on before ramming the battleship that they sent to kill you

strike carrier was so much fun, you had to be super agressive to not get bullied by fighterbullies, so you were basically just a huge warbote throwing strike groups all over the plac ein all directions using your flood/burn damage to sink multiple ships at once and CCing enemys by keeping them circle-locked trying to avoid torps (from your empty planes :^) )

Did you sacrifice a Fubuki to MM?

>it's not a small target
It's not that big, either. it has around same size as Des Moines. with lower Displacement. And DM isn't that big. It has lower displacement then Takao,

>Bullying the qt gunbote
rude

Post filthy cum dumpsters.

Yeah, but doesn't it still move like a poorly armed battleship with 80mm of armor? Tier 8 gets uptiered too consistently for it to be competent IMO.

a cute!
would smile predatorily at while grabbing the head of

That's not what WG thought when they made up the turret traverse rates for the Yorck or IJN DDs.

It wouldn't really fit at T8. Only 6 guns, and two turrets. Whenever it loses a turret, which aren't armored enough for high tiers, it will be even worse than ognevoi.

And WG has already proven they don't have an issue with bringing big high tier guns to lower tiers. See, Molotov. Graf Spee would fit perfectly at T6.

I hope we get her at the same time Bong cruisers are released. Muh Exeter vs Spee duel.

We're talking about USN CVs, user.

>Graf Spee would fit perfectly at T6.
This.

Well, 26 knots top speed does kinda suck, but circle radius is completely made up parament. WG can turn her in T8 German Pensacola (with heal, of course), for example.
>The bow and stern were unarmored at the waterline.
Holy shit. it can be pierced by everything.

yeah you are right. T8 is to much.

That was I, thanks for the upload.

>It was invisi-meming the whole time
I guess I should abandon gunboting in the Hatsu until I have AFT.

should be, but since I never played ranked before...
Nurnberg is amazing against BBs actually, cause the highest tier you see is 6 you can just AP everything, did something like 20k dmg to NY at range
also:
>play Pensacola
>6 hits on broadside Aoba
>1300 dmg
what the actual fuck, even overpens would do 6k+

>reading patchnotes
>We've removed all the modules that were duplicated on several ships and corrected the names of some beginning modules. This creates a more systematic approach to researching and unlocking ships and their modules. Now each ship has her own unique modules. This change will have no significant effect on the gameplay process and all made by players before this change is implemented will be retained!

Fuck, I was hoping that I'd be able to research the Type 93 torps on Ibuki and not have to worry about researching it for Fubuki too. Thanks, WG.

Ofc they don't want you to be able to kill two birds with one stone in the tech tree.

Just research the torps before the patch

>, even overpens would do 6k+
Lol what?
4600*0.1(overpen mod)=460*6=2760
Do a webm of this moment.

Aaaah, so that's how it works, sorry, I was completely unaware it's a modifier, I thought shell dmg was min-max range where min would be overpen and max would be citadel. Thanks for that m8

Wow fuck off WG

Oh there you are.

I did my first few gunboating games in Hatsu without AFT. It's workable, but indeed AFT does make life easier.

Since harassing cruisers it's much more difficult (though not impossible), I focused mostly on getting cap points and fighting other DDs. Hatsu gets the advantage of seeing Minekazes, Mutsukis, Gnevnys and Ognevois, which are very easy to bully. USN DDs are considerably dangerous, but to fight them you need to run away and increase the gap so their guns are not as effective. At best you sink them, at worst you run away.

How many points left to get AFT?

I can't, I don't actually have Ibuki or Fubuki yet...

But isn't that for citadel overpens? Regular overpens on the "empty" hull/superstructure would do less than 460.

overpen --10% works even with fully saturated ship sections
regular pen -- 15% into HP of this section+ 15% into total ship HP. (At least that's how I understand it) So after saturation -- 15% into total ship hp. Basically damage is halved.
Citadel -- 100% of listed damage.
Unlike WoT here at least there is no damage brackets.
HE is somewhat different story, I only know that it has penetration 1/6 of gun caliber. (and doesn't ricochet. Unlike AP, that can bounce, and to overmatch armor need 14.6 times difference IMO this looks retarded) And that if you hit citadel you'll also get full damage.
>How many points left to get AFT?
IDK, show your capitain build. It's a capitain tier 4 skill second from left

10% overpen mod doesn't count actual place where shell landed. Be it superstructure, bow or citadel, you will always get 10%
By the time you get to bucky, you should have capitain with 10 points, even if you respeced for silver

>IDK, show your capitain build. It's a capitain tier 4 skill second from left
I meant, how far are you from getting AFT? Just curious.

I posted my build here . Got the extra T1 and T2 skills after getting AFT.

>and doesn't ricochet
it does tho

I've been playing it mainly in Ranked, so I've seen a high concentration of Mahans, Kievs and - worst of all - Blyskawiczs.

I have three points to get until I can afford AFT, but I already have both EM and LS, so I could re-spec after one more point.

Also that other guy wasn't me.

You're playing stock Hatsuharu in ranked? That is more cancerous than the forced memes Abrach comes up with here.

No it doesn't.

Best Tier 2 Captain skill for IJN CCs?

Fuck off you false flagging cuck

Depends on ship.

>gunb--- flexible DDs: Last Stand
>stealth torpedo DDs: Torpedo Reload
>CA/BB: Expert Marksman
>CV: Torpedo Reload

>Raptor calling anyone a meme
That's rich.

yes, it does.

Where did I say stock?

>Expert Marksman
Thanks for confirming what I assumed, user.

I'm not Raptor, don't mistake me for that sperg ever again on my wife's son website.

You're playing the worst DD without a 15 point captain in rankef battles, kys.

proofs?
I litterally just now used a training battle, and coudn't do a single bounce with HE, while at same angle all AP bounced
P.S.
>The HE shells can't bounce, because they will explode on impact
forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/18034-basics-damage-mechanics/

So say, Mr. Raptor, what is your position on Abrach and his push for IJN gunbote memes.

Ignore him. He's just an idiot that thinks that an HE hit that fails to do damage IS a ricochet.

the heck is a CC

çheeky cunt

>CCs
You'd want EM first for Kongo and Amagi, of course.

Fun fact: Pretty much all cruisers are 'unarmored' at the bow and stern.

I wish the site with the armor models wasn't behind a paywall...

Hotel: Literally, the QTest.

3 dollars sure is a high pay wall.

Anyways, unfortunately WG stopped including armor models in the client in 5.3, so only models that were in 5.2 or prior are included, and anything added or changed after that is not available for viewing.

Also, I don't know what the fuck the guys who runs the site is doing, but simply trying to view the visual models for new ships since the client restructuring has been fucked and it hasn't fixed it despite all the time that has passed. Or maybe my browser just doesn't play nice with his site. Either way something's fucked.

Still useful for looking at stats.

>every new patch brings greater memory leak
kek, it started with WoT and 10 years later they still can't fix it

>tfw there is only like 60 photos of Sushi/Hotel

SUPER SEKRET ORIGINAL DESIGN DONUT STEL

>Not building a time machine to visit Sushi/Hotel in their prime.

It's like you don't actually love them.

Science killed all hope of Time traveling to past being possible

>You'll never enter their innermost secret place.

love is more powerful than science

So did they actually change anything in the patch or did we wait a week for nothing.

The new patch notes page doesnt seem to specifically say anything was changed.

>Cleveland
>Bigger than most BBs
>Lower gunr ange than some destroyers

Why is this allowed again?

reminder that turret traverse speeds are 'historically accurate', but actual ship maneuvering speeds are sped up several times.

You should not be able to out turn your turrets in reality

Because it used to have more range. And was completely overpowered.