/mmg/ Mega Man General

"Mighty No. 9 Was a Failure" Party Edition
Thread No.88
Discuss anything Mega Man related. Art, OCs, Music, Fan Games, the comics, cartoons, etc. Discussion about Mega Man-esque games, Mighty No. 9, Azure Striker Gunvolt, Red Ash and Inafune is also welcome.

>Previous Thread

>list of all games
megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Games

>List of fan games
megamanfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Fan_games

>Comic and Manga links
Archie
en.sonicscanf.org/comics/mega-man/

Mega Man X scanlations
drneko.com/scanlation/rmseries/index.php

Novas Aventuras de Megaman in English
web.archive.org/web/20120601135528/http://opentrain.199xchan.org/?page_id=28

Translated Iwamoto Rockman X3 manga:
mediafire.com/download/izq53cce369o83f/RMX3_manga_part1.rar
mediafire.com/download/7zy077auo502lec/RMX3_manga_part2.rar

Megaman X2,X3,X4 - Iwamoto Manga Raws: digitalmegamanworld.com/Rockman-X-Manga/

Final Chapter of the Iwamoto Rockman X1 manga:
mediafire.com/download/rrs47k206pj6aol/MMX_CH13.rar

pastebin.com/iqg7uBU1
Master Paste of translated fanmade 4Komas and Short Mangas made on Pixiv. Regular updates.

>Music Playlists and Albums
pastebin.com/7sYzfBS3
A TON of Mega Man remix albums (and some Gunvolt CDs)

>Cartoons and Anime
youtube.com/watch?v=57JXaCsWY4c&list=PLHZZIc85hoGogta1t8aJHDwbgOZ2pnKNb
Ruby Spears Playlist

anime.megamanonline.org/
Contains episodes from Rockman.EXE, Ryuusei No Rockman plus other stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=laiSpoBtruw
Mega Man: Upon a Star English Dub
>We have a booru now! mmg.booru.org/

Extra links! (contains archive, extra booru links,etc. Will be updated as needed or suggested.)
pastebin.com/m5zjdKpB

Other urls found in this thread:

rockman-corner.com/2013/09/who-would-win-in-fight-mega-man-or-beck.html
youtube.com/watch?v=u4D25DTON-Y
gunvolt.com/GV2/character/chara0301.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

FIRST FOR BAETONA

So how many delays is the sequel going to get?

what's the difference between ray expansion & the vermilion destroyer?

I think one is getting to play as ray and the other you get to play through ray's stage?

Literally any of the other Call designs were better. Ugh.

Still upset about that.

DOOT DOOT IT'S A PARTY

Yeah i mean if they were real developers they shouldnt allow the community to decide something like that. Is over just move on.

Capcom could really make some easy money off of re-releasing Mega Man 9 and 10. Right now couldn't be a better time to do it honestly. they could troll Mighty No. 9 by putting Mega Man 9 on sale for $5.60.

Put them on Wii U already!
Or make Legacy Collection for Wii U with 1-10!

Fun Fact: When asked who would win in a fight between Beck and Mega Man, Inafune said Beck.
rockman-corner.com/2013/09/who-would-win-in-fight-mega-man-or-beck.html

But I'm not seeing it. Beck's buster is wimpy compared to Mega Man's. It takes SEVERAL shots to kill enemies without assimilating them. Also Mega Man isn't made of XELs so Beck couldn't assimilate Mega Man.

Mega Man's special weapons are also a lot more practical than Beck's. Mega Man outclasses him in both firepower and versatility.

I can see it now.

>Capcom: You may be waiting for more Mega news but why don't you try out Mega Man 9 and 10 on steam at the meantime, with the discounted price of only $3.80 available for a limited time. so at least it's better than Nothing!

But still can't beat Airman

Shit I'll take them on NX even. I already own them both on the Wii though.

Played MN9 in PS3. It's acceptable, my PS3 didn't explode into pieces so far, so I think that version is safe. Probably I'm rusty after years of not touching anything megaman related, but I really needed those nine lives for those cheap instant kills stage hazards and the fire themed boss having an instant kill attack of his own.

I would give it a six out of ten.

Mega Man 11 with Smash inspired models and graphics would practically print money at this point. Make it for NX and 3DS and you have a top seller.

It can but i really dont know why they dont make more games or give them more time for develop instead of leaving the game in the oblivion and then make a mediocre game.

Arin Hanson has still made no comment on MN9 despite paying $1500 to put his fucking face in the game.

Stop it. Delete this thread and never make another one. Mega Man is my favorite thing in the whole world and I do not wish to see him in his current state, desolated and humiliated.

Alternately pretend it's 1990 again and you just rented the best game of all time.

But wait, we still don't have info on the new cartoon.

In all seriousness, Mega Man has a perfect opportunity to make a comeback if Capcom doesn't squander it now that Mighty No. 9 turned out to be a huge fucking flop.

How can they compete with 5 robot girls?

8 robot girls

By making 6 robot girls.

>Ryan Jampole backed the game and is enjoying it.
Take that as you will

>paying $1500 to put his fucking face in the game.
I wouldn't make a comment either.

>That size
This kills the NES cartridge

Dr. Wily just needs to attack Mega Man with 8 female Robot Masters then.
Except it'll be staged to look like it's Roll who's behind the attack, like in Mega Man 5. But then after defeating "Roll," it's revealed to be Dr. Wily's Mother who's behind the chaos.

But after you defeat Dr. Wily's Mother, she's revealed to be Dr. Wily in disguise.
Then you fight Dr. Wily.

Three fortresses!
Roll's Fortress!
Dr. Wily's Mother's Skull Castle!
Dr. Wily's Basement!

>like in Mega Man 5
Damn it.
I mean like in Mega Man 5, with Proto Man/Dark Man.

>Make the same game six times (eleven if counting the gameboy) at the dawn of video games by a ragtag team of interchangeable developers in 10 months on 64KB of hardware
>All 10/10 super-fun masterpieces

>Make one rehash with hand-picked professionals, a budget of 4 million stolen zenni on modern computers under several years of development
>Considerably worse than most of the romhacks and fangames people made for free on an afternoon

So playable Roll, Bass gets a little sister, and 3 navigator robots for stages depending on if you are playing as Megaman or Roll, Protoman or Duo, Bass or "Clef"?

More like

>That color palette

Roll is shit and her one saving grace is that she's barely even featured in the games.

Neither ZX nor Star Force on the virtual console

What is wrong with Roll? Is a domestic use robot that was slightly retrofit for other purposes like a tiny version of Aphrodite.

She was awesome in the Archie comics though.

But that's just Mega Man's character again, except Roll doesn't do anything. That's like having a second Batman who just sits around in the batcave all day being served crumpets by Alfred.

Wouldn't she be an Alfred that has combat training and occasionally helps Batman in the field but mostly maintains the base?

I don't get how this happens. I don't understand.

This

Fliptop already does that. In terms of action, there's already Protoman. Roll is a completely pointless character and any attempt to force her into any other role after these 25 years would anger me.

So, Alfred?

Eddie sucks though. Proto Man's probably fought Mega Man as much as he has helped him but he's only really around during Wily's schemes.

Theory 1. Infaune is a scam artist,

Theory 2. There is no Theory 2.

Eddie is my bro.

youtube.com/watch?v=u4D25DTON-Y

Hey, does anyone knows how to save the concepts from Gunvolt's site?
I'm trying but I can't do it for some reason.
There are some concepts of Gowri and Teseo there and I want to add it to my refs.

gunvolt.com/GV2/character/chara0301.html

"Frank Perse was rale sot be down to Dover. He was a good deal of a man f'r Dover an' f'r Strafford County; indeed he done very well f'r th' State o' Noo Hampshire; but when ye come t' spread him over t' United States he was a l-e-e-tle thin."
—New Hampshire farmer reminiscing about Pierce, recorded in The Yale Review, 1916.

Just print screen, m8.

I'm downloading MN9 right now.

What should I expect?

Right-click the thumbnail, "open link in new tab."

A bad time.

For the game to not fucking work. e

I already tried that, didn't work.

I'm afraid I will have to do this, as much as I hate it.

Here is one of them.

Really? Worked on my end, doing it on the thumbnails at the bottom of each character's page.

In what manner?

As in, the game literally will not start?

Not on mine, It opened the thumbnail itself.

Anyway, here's another one.

cancer

My brother is having lots of fun playing it on WiiU.

Anyone pirated the PC version yet?

Call a cute!

Feel free to upload these concepts to the booru too!

What console are you getting it in on? If it's anything other than PS3 stages will randomly brick your system.

did this game like get revoked from the store? i cant even download it....

So, good Level Design and Tight Controls is basically the only two necessary components of a megaman game. Tight controls you can ctrl c ctrl v from megaman.

Who all designed the levels in the classic series? Who did in MN9?

a bricked console and a malware detection warning, not even exaggerating

>What console are you getting it in on?
>consoles

PC

Random people. Random people. The former working for a video game developer and the latter fulfilling legal obligations to pull off a scam.

Expect the game to not work then. It runs on Direct X9.

I launched it and its running just fine for me right now.

>not a problem on my system :^)))))))))

From the Kickstarter page, it looks like Naoya Tomita/Tom-Pon is responsible for overseeing the stages. The level designer of several Mega Man and Mega Man 2 stages. Cut Man, Guts Man, Fire Man, and one Wily Stage in MM1, and "parts" of MM2 stages.

"Designing and balancing the different stages in Mighty No. 9" is what he was on board for.

Then yeah, I don't see how they failed.

Maybe it is just because they insisted on not copying the classic series controls and movement.

Even if he just spent 20% of the money on the actual game and embezzled the rest, should have worked

>rockman-corner.com/2013/09/who-would-win-in-fight-mega-man-or-beck.html
Even Megaman.exe could beat Beck. Beck just lags too much!

Give it a week. My brazillian buddy told me it takes about a week for a game to get pirated

Well, I think I will play on the WiiU when my brother give up then.

Only problem found already is the Ray DLC freezing the console.

Fug me its taking me longer to draw stuff recently. Must be the remnants of this flu.
Anyway, Gun Man for the /mmg/RPG (I need to think of a better title for it at some point)

Test Woman's Bizarre Adventure

God, they are so fucking cute. I can't wait to see the others. Really curious about Nike/Desna's untransformed state.

There are no problems pasting torrent links here or are there?

>No chest gun
Step up senpai

>Desna
Wait, is that her EN name?
What the fuck is wrong with tthose localizers, dear god.

>No dick gun.
STEP UP SEMPAI

HEEL GUNS
KNEE GUNS
SHOULDER GUNS
PET DOG MADE OUT OF GUNS

It was stealthily revealed on their Twitter when they were showing off the demo during E3. Also, they had to change her name since Nike is a big company over here. They tried to find a decent substitute. The name is from a goddess in Pathfinder who has some similar characteristics to the Greek goddess of victory.

And they didn't use Victoria why?

>Gun Man user didn't design Gun Man as a mockery of the human form made entirely out of guns in the first place
I just wanted to stay faithful to the original design, my logical journey of the fambinis.
Either way, I imagine various gun-barrels sprout from him when in combat (at least in the RPG version it'll imply that, maybe for a before-I-die final attack)

Think they're keeping a theme with Gods/Godesses. They kept the theme of cars when localizing Sumeragi and Copen's names.

>bricked console
Nice way to call yourself out for being an uninformed child.

Probably because of Victoria's secret?

Victoria is literally the Roman analogue.

Don't know, someone months ago gave me a torrent for the RockMan.EXE subbed episodes and it was fine.

Fuck, I don't know man. I ain't localizing it. I could also believe 's claim.

You are joking?

Perfect

Yes. I was.

How about fuck you

That's a pretty cool buster.

>the same game six times
I love how this can actually be proven with TASes that use the same input to play all the games at the same time.

Just found a working torrent, thanks anyway, user.

I've been playing all day on PC and got to what is probably the final boss, it's fun

I suffered through X7 last week so my definition of fun might be biased

Anyone know the best and easiest way to make a fan game / hack?

Find a program or engine for the type of game you want to make and git gud at using it.

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH
NO AMMOUNT OF CAPS LOCK CAN CONTAIN MY LOVE FOR YOU
I'VE WAITED FOR THERE TO BE PROPER ART OF GUN MAN FOR SO LONG
IF I HAD AN IMAGE OF GUN MAN CRYING I'D POST IT RIGHT NOW
Even though he's skinnier, his head cannon was turned into a gun, his rocket launcher shoulders are no more, and his arms bend funny
BUT ALL THAT IS FORGIVEN BECAUSE YOU DREW GUN MAN, AND I STILL LOVE YOU
YOU ARE DEFINITELY IN MY TOP 10 FAVORITE PEOPLE OF ALL TIME RIGHT NOW

Yes and no.

W-what? Calm down there bud, I just woke up a few months ago and felt like designing a robot off of /k/. I didn't have enough time to lurk there and also I wanted to keep him a heterosexual so I changed his name to Gun Man. Same with Veeky Forums and Chef Man.

I AM REALLY REALLY HAPPY.

Looks like Commando Man.

STOP IT