>What is Space Station 13?
youtube.com/watch?v=FHH1vfY6HTA
pastebin.com/VNcX2Quc

>New player guide
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/The_Basics
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/General_Help

>BYOND client
byond.com/download/build/LATEST/

>Pomf Serbian, main Veeky Forumsstation server, running a vote script to change maps at round end.
byond://game.ss13.moe:7777

>Test server
byond://ss13.moe:1337

>Public server list
byond.com/games/exadv1/spacestation13

>Forum, ban list and logs for vgstation
ss13.moe/forum/
ss13.moe/index.php/bans
game.ss13.moe/logs

>How do I connect to the servers?
Hit the cogwheel in the upper right corner of the BYOND hub and pick "Open Location"

>Map renders collection: updated nightly
ss13.nexisonline.net/img/map-renders/

>Coderbus, here!
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13
@rizon #coderbus @rizon #vgstation

>SS13 booru for all your SS13 images!
ss13.booru.org/

>How To Install BYOND: The Video Tutorial: The Movie
youtube.com/watch?v=-iWiZwv9f1o

>Nostalgia
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/ss13g/

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/87FjnR7M

.g absorbing clown in the dorms

how did that op at cargo die?
i jumped through disposals after getting shot at

Who are you most looking forward to ERPing with? Reminder, you can order silicons to have sex with you when the time comes!

A ban request would never get off the ground
It'd get closed immediately under the grounds of metagrudging poor poor yahir
And the person responsible would either get a permaban for muh metagrudge, or Yahir would spend every round for 2 weeks following him around harassing him and acting like an antag towards him

I solemnly swear to bear all erpers

GOBBOZ WHEN?

>bear all erpers
What about bearing their children?

>Start up game
>Look at crew manifest
>Assistants and Sec account for more than 50% of crew
>Numerous other useless jobs (e.g. Spacepod Mechanic)
>2 Medbay staff and 1 Engineer

When are they going to set limits on departments to help balance out the crew distribution?

No erping on Veeky Forums

>that last bit
Hello, metagrudge.

"I know you really don't want to do anything right now but be comfy in the bar, but your fun isn't important to us. You're required to play surgeon because that is what we have decided you are required to play. Do not complain or mess up or we'll ban you."

UNTIL NOW.

gork master race

>comfy
Opinion disregarded, cancerous scum.

>someone complains about getting metagrudged by yahir
>but in reality its them metagrudging yahir
????

>pointing out the truth as a neutral party that barely has ever interacted with the guy is considered metagrudging now

It's more along the lines of it not making sense that a research station has more security personnel and useless employees than actual researchers.

what the fuck are you on about

How would you balance an invisible gun a traitor mime could get?

This is Nanotrasen we're talking about, they're supposed to be pants-on-head retarded when it comes to hiring practices.

makes it seem like the mime is talking when it's shot

Guns of the patriots

I meant that I don't ERP on Veeky Forums

This is both dumb and at the same time probably the best way to do it.

what the hell is going on in this game

New player reporting in.

First round: So i wander around the station for 5 minutes, then someone grabs me, drags me to a dark room and turns me into a vampire. Then i wander around some more until a goddamn space fish bursts through the window and starts eating me. However as a vampire he doesnt really kill me and just eats away for some minutes until someone comes and kills him. Then i suffocate and cant move and cant die.

Round 2: Tried space mining, didnt know how to use space suit, died in space.

Round 3: Someone stabbed me to death in the maintenance tunnels in the beginning.

Round 4: So i try to become a cargo engineer. I haul some boxes and ask what i should be doing. One guy tells me i should get an emitter. Okay. After some time i find one, however it was turned on and killed me as i approached it.

Round 5: So now actually some guy helps me at cargo. We agree to some scientist who wants us to order stun batons and armor. Then we get searched by security. Then the gravity fails, then o2. So this guy got me a suit and explained how to use o2 mask. I suffocate anyway, he gets me back to life. He basically drags me along for 30 minutes and i try to die many times because of stupidity. In the end he puts me in the escape pod. He also saves a corgi. In the escape pod i forget to take off my o2 mask. I suffocate while arriving at central command.

What the hell am i supposed to be doing.

its okay user, they're just a bit touched in the head is all
dont pay them no mind

Space Station 13 isn't a research station, it's a military training station. They hire the nuke ops and traitors to thin out the unfit crews, so that when they flip the tyrant switch on the loyalty implants and decide to take over the galaxy, they'll have a well-oiled army (of former security crew) with no dead weight.

Think about this rationally, dude. Everything on the station is geared toward creating and honing military power. Research leads to production of plasma WMDs, or to production of powerful guns and armor. The soda cans are conveniently just the right compression ratio for improvised bombs, and just happen to be the perfect size to fit into bear traps and make a landmine. The mouse traps are hairtrigger rigged and compatible with hand grenades to make traps. These are not coincidences. Every single shift the crew is drilled with hired-on 'antagonists'. Nanotrasen is working toward a new world order.

Comedy gold

Are you still pushing your edgy lore, user

Didn't we tell you that even bay's lore is better yesterday? Just stop already.

Agreed he's taking up real estate that would be better occupied by what we all come to the thread for, discord drama

I'm saying it is going to have to take a person with NO NOTES and the purity of a saint with the courage of a million men to post the ban request, lest the Yahir begins counter pulling up dirt on the ban requestee to get them banned instead, like is afraid of.

>getting this mad someone called your shitty lore shit

do you really think anyone gives two shits about what some perpetually buttmad autistic faggot ayy lmao thinks in the long run?
just play the fucking game and quit whining about imaginary monsters in your closet.

But he isn't imaginary.

>mechanics being useless

I'll let you in on a little secret. Mechanics is simply assistant+

Which means they are useless.

What's your favorite SS13 ship?

Mine is DrCelt X Arthur Dent

They're so cute together.

Your dad might as well have been.

>s-stop trying to ban yahir guys!
>he-he doesnt matter!

Fuck off Nevill

>DrCelt X Arthur Dent

Who are you and where did you come from

How rude !

Yahir x Nevill metagrudge is so 3 months ago. The thread has already moved on to Trinity x Zalinka and then to Ashe x Felicity.

You need to freshen up m8 people mite start to think you don't play here and just shitpost.

It's not metagrudge when everyone knows they're shitters who need a ban.

Yahir has literally gotten away with breaking dozens of rules by hiding behind 'th-they're just metagrudgers!'

not to mention silently abusing exploits and refusing to report them, which should be bannable on it's own

its funny since yahir pitched a shitfit over two fags passing PDA notes claiming muh exploits

but has admitted to abusing real exploits himself

No, no, no, you see user, what HE was using is not exploits because he knew how to do them!

Just because he admitted his guilt does not mean he is absolved of his crimes.

>Using an exploit and then reporting said exploit
>The same thing as using an exploit and keeping it from everyone else

i hope you don't seriously think yahir reported his exploits
especially since he said he used them multiple times before 'reporting' them

yahir never officially reported his exploits, he boasted about using them in discord and that's how they got out.

Aha, you mean how the PDA logging had been reported for months, but Yahir never reported his exploits!

These ban requests aren't gonna make themselves.

Sorry, Law 1, can't do that

No way a person like you could handle the borg cock

But Probe, ban requests for Yahir would only get shut down because 'muh metagrudge'.

Solarious wrote a serious ban request and it got tossed out because MUH METAGRUDGE. If anyone else does it, it would happen again.

>that post shuttle grif with lubespray and death nettles
who /biowarrior/ here?

>anything by solarious
>serious
thats a funny joke user

>He thinks he can ban Pomfs best friend in real life

>plasma flooding escape

>first time playing
>no idea what's happening
>it's Christmas
>grab as much food as I can carry and start force feeding everyone donuts and turkey because why not
>Santa gives me clothing and a violin
>figure out how to use the violin
>it's all good
>things start exploding
>get poisoned and throw up everyone on the escape
>death nettled

I think I had fun?

>plan for postshuttlegriff
>some admin just instantly destroys the shuttle the very milisecond it lands
>doesn't even do anything fun, just literally detonates a 99bomb cap on top of it or spawns 40 bears per square

Egads you're right. The entire system is in Xevonix pocket. I bet he's even deleting incriminating logs.

When will this reign of terror by a guy that hardly plays anymore end?

The only thing I could find was an antag ban request for Sordine and Sordine had been playing with antag roles off.

So an antag ban for suiciding because he didn't get the antag bid he didn't enable would not be in the interest of the server.

>Praise Xenobotanist death nettles
>Plant my own plant
>It floods escape with plasma and take atmos 5+ minutes to clear it out

>gift station with artifact
>everyone start pushing it's buttom
>one of them is a mimic buttom
>kill mimic, take injuried to medbay
>artifact goes missing
>someone actually dragged it to the AI upload
>ghosts start pushing the artifact's mimic buttom
>someone break the artifact, making a big explosion

Space Station 13 is a beautiful thing, user

Try holding a job like Chef and look up the Wiki to know what cool stuff you can do, Assistant is a bore trap for anyone new to the game

all the incriminating logs are 3 months past or more
so it wouldn't even get read since 'lmao only bast three months matter' even though he's been a shitty player for a year now

>allegedly keeps getting antag even when he has it disabled
>intently, maliciously blows up cuban pete bombs station time 12:05 with the specific objective of getting the shuttle called as soon as possible because he doesn't want to be a tator
>too autistic to ask someone to figure out why he keeps getting antag so he can stop getting antag and ruining rounds over it
>not fixing his antag problem is "not in the interest of the server"
what?

whoops double negative in the last line

Mime farts doing slight toxins damage when

>people actually want to ban Yahir
then who will keep the station running smoothly?

People who don't sit in the bar for entire rounds or go sit in secluded rooms with their husbando I guess

I just can't decide who my waifu is guys. Too many candidates

>ghosts can use artifacts
wait what, that's amazing

I believe there was a bugfix for this though.

i've seen yahir help out medbay a few times, never seen any of his apparently hilarious shitter antics though

wtf why was i permabanned

the mime was wearing a skirt she was asking for it

>literally
&
>who

let's see
theres the time he beat a patient with a wrench 4noraisin
the time he harassed two people constantly and got them banned 4noraisin
the time he admitted to abusing exploits which he never properly reported
or any other myriad of shitty acts he's done

I'm guessing that's Celt piggybacking on Arthur while Mustard threatens to blow Elim up

close, its senaat

the """patient""" was probably a changeling or a vampire
the """"harrassed"""" people probably went full valid shitter and killed him, the poor saint
the exploits are the faults of the coders, not the faults of the innocent
the angel saved my life a few times, are those considered shitty acts?

Celt, Arthur, Senaat, and Elim
Christ, keep up

You missed out Eliminator, though. He's in that picture too

If it's backed by logs it's not meta. If yahir doesn't want to get banned he shouldn't do that shit. It's not like you have to use your ckey so he'd know anyway.

Christ, what twats. Absolute Twats.

he's probably just buttmad yahir stopped him from getting his redtext

But I did include Elim

Senaat is the turban? I thought it'd be Mustard what with being a Turk

>while mustard threatens to blow Elim up
Can you read?

>theres the time he beat a patient with a wrench 4noraisin
Uhh.. Ok? People do shittier things than this all the time.

Senaat is part Moroccan, the artist clearly took some creative liberties
I mean for fuck's sake, Celt is leprechaun and Elim is a goddamn washing machine

Yes, and Yahir was banned for beating the guy with a wrench.
Do you believe hes some untouchable boss monster or something?

Yahir is a GUD BOI.
All y'all are haters.

It makes sense in a closed system where there's only so many players here to work for NT. Not for a bunch of depressed neets who just want to unwind. Some days I join to just make a bean kitchen or play with my pipes. If I got kicked for doing that I just wouldn't play and go ranch goats in dwarf fortress or something.

Consider this, When you're researching a mix in toxins, it takes approximately 40 minutes just to setup the lab after which you still need to heat, chill, mix, test and tweak. The misc science lab was hijacked by telesci which you can't test hazardous shit in without causing a clusterfuck when you're trying to teleport shit back in. Advanced Telesci is practically RD only thanks to SOMEBODY unless you want to rush minerals, crystal teleport the CE locker, blow it open hoping the plans are there and make teleport platforms in space. Genetics is pure RNG at the best of times even with the best chems and methods. Xenobio you have to brute force by running as many pens, entrance and xenobio maint as you can throw cubes into to rush splits. Xenoarch requires you to rush the asteroid field with mesons that don't even work so you can survey the weighted dig sites for something worthwhile. God help you if you're fishing for larges. All the while miners are destryoing the handful of war/temple digs you get and smash the occasional large artifact of which you only get approximately 6 of in the entire world. Yes, world. That includes the asteroid field, clown roid, and random vaults with rock in space. Engine research is a nightmare because everyone has their own way of doing shit so even if you can get others to help they can only do so much. Research botany is a pain because you can never get another guy who can actually handle either advanced botany or identifying plant genes so you'll never ever get vines that wrap someone and inject them with kelotane, bicard, antitox, nutriment, and dex+ in a self treatment pen in the medbay lobby.

>I mean for fuck's sake, Celt is leprechaun
>creative liberties
I don't get it

If you were the queen of vgstation what would you do?

>do a full administrative purge, new admins will be evaluated secretly on whether or not they are normies. normies are shown the door. one-time banlist purge
>rules slackened, crew can kill each other as long as they have a decent reason, crew can fight back against sec nonlethally if they're an arrest target
>purge memes and joke content from the codebase, meme coders lose merge access
>add a second vote to the end of each round which lets the crew decide if they want to play vgcode, tgcode, gooncode or baycode in the next round
>ERP unbanned

Read the fucking front page of the wiki. Guides are there for a reason.

>vines that inject kelotane, bicard, antitox, nutriment, and dex+
i did this once and they still wanted to lynch me because "muh kudzu"
i just gave up and all my Research Botany stays on research botany