/wtg/ - Whiny Teenagers General

Patton Edition

>Official Site:
warthunder.com/

NOTE: You get given a premium aircraft for your first victory in game!
Need a faster download? Switch Language in Launcher.

>Wiki with Release Trees and General Tactics:
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php

>Fan created skins, missions, locations, fictions etc...
live.warthunder.com/ (Warning! Pure weeaboo and horsefucker autism abound)

>Ammunition Types
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Ammunition

>All the Air RB/SB maneuvers you would want to know + Engine thingamabobs:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200974026

>Every Airplane Instrument Panel translated
mediafire.com/view/q4nybrogygdchdb/ND's_aircraft_reference_guide.pdf

>Youtube Channel with Tutorials and Gameplay Videos
youtube.com/user/galahadgawain/playlists

>Steam community:
steamcommunity.com/groups/warthundervg

>vg chatroom:
Type " /join vg " into chatbox.
If prompted for a password, use "memes".

>Teamspeak
ts.gaijin.net
pw: Spitfire

>Joystick Comparisons:
xbitlabs.com/articles/multimedia/display/joystick-roundup_8.html

>DIY Headtracking
pcgamer.com/how-to-build-your-own-ir-head-tracker/
ebay.com/itm/161710468074

>Chart displaying weapon effectiveness against ground units
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H1_cSnYKSKbU6Giql2bMDdFoXefeq6ENWuvjQbtquMs

First for pockrt should literally kill himself

I shit my pants today

at work while posting on /wtg/ ;_;

literal shitposting
Also ok benchbro

Ok triaxh

One day, VegetaTheSaiyan walked into the outskirts of /wtg/. There he saw and greeted Triahx who merely replied with a "Fuck off," as he proceeded to fuck the sheep in front of him while muttering something about steel and feathers.

Not long after his encounter with the Scottish autist, Vegeta peeked inside a house and saw YakLivesMatter, who was participating in an orgy with Gumby, boredom, Nyano, Junko, and several others. Through a half open window the repeated moaning and the stench of Yak's steamy precum filled the air.

Vegeta was green with envy. He was in the mood for some toddler boipucci, and he wanted it now. Vegeta drove through the house in his Tiger II H, running over everyone but Yak, scared shitless and trying to run away.

Vegeta quickly kidnapped the fleeing Yak, used his pedo magic on him to turn him into a toddler while inside his impregnable wunderwaffe nazibunker to avoid detection from the FBI.

"Bueno," Vegeta said as he smacked his lips. The baby Yak began to cry as Vegeta proceeded to stick the tip of his fat chode into Yak's tight butthole. As he ignored the pleas for help that went unheard, Vegeta ravaged the toddler boipucci for several minutes, filling the orifice with gallons of pent up seed after several minutes.

But Vegeta was still not satisfied. He positioned his cock into Yak's mouth as he violated Yak with an 88mm tank shell. Yak's eyes rolled into the back of his head as the fat pedophile fucked him silly for half an hour.

Vegeta soon realized Yak had expired during the process, and regretted the fact that he may have been too extreme. He tossed Yak's lifeless body onto the street, and drove back home to his wife and his wife's kids.

Okay, boredom974

))))

Hey guys, how are you liking the Sturer Em-AMMO LOAD BURNED DOWN

Is the Do.335B-2 any good at its tier?

What does the numbers next to the plane names mean>?

As a ground attacker, yes.

>playing plane RB
>no enemy in sight around me
>spot someone below finally
>start to dive
>a P-51 snipes my tail control and breaks it out of the blue from above me
>literally no marker
>only find out it was a P-51 after I end up crashing and it says it was him

wat the fuck

Once you dive on someone how do you recover your energy? I feel like I can't climb back my altitude after a dive.

What plane are you flying

Depends on a lot of stuff. Don't climb back up too sharply. If you dive from too high and have to idle your engine to not rip wings you WILL waste energy.

A P-47

How do i deal with oil leak overheating problems?

Land

just land anywhere?

Well preferably on an airfield

>Me 262 A-1/U4
>32 ammo

what the fuck is the point

Try aiming, shitter

Do you guys actually ignore targets that others have 'claimed' to not be called a kill stealer even if they did nothing to it?

>believing kill "stealing" is a thing

If you got to the target before me and I still managed to kill it before you, you don't deserve the kill.

Sim EC for planes usually ends up being 1v1 tournaments

There are autists who play it so much they roleplay as some elitist class who thinks it's honorable to 1v1, etc.

In planes I try not to go for an enemy that a teammate fighting him has the upper hand on. In tanks its pretty hard to know whether or not an enemies gunner or breach is dead, so anything goes.

rewards for enemy tanks destroyed on GF are shit anyways, so I just shoot at the enemy gunner, that way he can't shoot back to my teammate
If I get the kill, ehh...

What fucking brit thought it was smart to put a giant ammo rack right in the front of the cent?

Everyone just shoots me once and I get ammo racked

I try not to kill a burning plane someone else lit up, but other than that, fair game's fair game. I'll jew someone out of a tank kill every time, though.

>having problems with the Cent
Fucking lmao

feels worse than the carnarvon in every way

How is it worse?
the ONLY problem is the speed, and even then who cares? you'll 1 - 2 shot anything you face with the APDS

Speed
Turning
Less hull armor

and since I don't have APDS since they start you with shitty AP I can't just one shot everything I see.

Then get good

good reply

Thanks

its length of wingspans from tip to tip, that's a gyro sight like on the mustang (but you can't activate that part in game) and those are to help adjust the sight

DCS Fw-190 D9 has a fully functioning sight, you can look at videos of that to see exactly how it works

fuck them if they complain. It's a team game, not some shitty single player shithole

I ignore enemies if my teammate is at a clear advantage (aka on their six) otherwise I will engage. I only consider it killstealing if you shoot at a burning plane or one that is obviously going down anyway. In the latter case you're just wasting energy anyway.

How well does this game play on Linux? Will any distro work?

Works perfectly fine on Arch and Ubuntu with Nvidia proprietary drivers.

w-what about amd

Remember to wear your helmets, kiddos.

I have no idea, just try it. It has a compatibility mode for older graphics cards, so It might even run on open source drivers, will look like shit though.

>IS-3
>shit gun with unhistorical reload
>easily defeatable armor, thanks to the fact that if you angle your hull up one degree an 88 will easily go through, and the newly exposed turret ring
>mobility of a tiger
when is this thing going to either be bumped to 7.0 or get good ammo to compensate for how shit it is

>stock tempest II
>side climb to infinity
>round almost over by the time I get to usable altitude
>dive on B-17
>pilot sniped at 800 yards )))))

After the T32 is put at 6.7.

You forgot:
>can one shot anything
>just about every tank of that tier can be one shot anyway save for some soviets if angled
>hiding your lower plate makes you near invincible
>to even hit through the turret ring requires the shell to come in at just the right angle and hit a tiny as fuck ring

Sorry slavshit, but your tank isn't a 7.0

>unhistorical reload
Reload is one of the few values that is not fixed and can be adjusted for balance.

Is it confirmed yet if we'll get into vietnam/korean war tanks?

We already have vietnam/korean war tanks you fucking idiot.

>posted from my leopard, M60, chieftain, etc.

Kill yourself.

So the answer is yes. Next time i'll try not to trigger your raging autists.

It pleases me that /wtg/ has pretty much died in the past two days

Next time maybe just play the game

>T32
>nearly 300mm of armor with no weakspots when hull down
>6.7
literally no
>hiding your lower plate makes you nearly invincible
Turret ring and 100mm spot on turret face are easy to pen if you aren't a shitter and are at close range
also,
>one shot everything
if it can successfully pen

>if it can successfully pen
which it does 99% of the time

COPY THAT

>he hasn't suffered from the simply epic shot trap on the T32 mantlet

>hull MG port is completely unangled
>gun has incredibly sub-par pen
>unangled side armor
>roof armor not properly synced with upper front plate
>muh shot trap

>M82 has 26mm less pen than BR-471D and 75.3 g TNT equivalent more filler.

The reason people cry about the T32 is the same as the Jumbo, it's an American tank that they can't just point at and instantly kill it.

>and 75.3 g TNT equivalent more filler.
Sorry, M82 has 75.3 g TNT equivalent LESS filler.

Gaijin pls

haha that's a pretty cool meme pockrt!

>which it does 99% of the time
>says the shitter who hasn't faced the incredibly memetic Tiger II turret face or the 8.0s it fights 90% of the time
>shoot T32 "shot trap" with T-54
>round hits and ceases to exist
>what is going hull down
>what is muh APCR with buffed fragmentation/spall

>having trouble penning a Tiger II turret face on

literally right of the gun is a flat spot that anyone can pen

get
good

>what is going hull down
yeah try and go hulldown on the maps Gaijin gives us, tell us how that goes

also APCR is still shit, not sure where you've gotten the idea from that it was buffed

>he doesn't see how 90% of rounds fired magically hit the shield
t. tigershitter
>APCR is shit
literally just functions exactly like APDS with lower velocity
I bet if you looked in the game's files it would even say the two are supposed to perform very similarly

>literally just functions exactly like APDS with lower velocity
literally doesn't

>sexy basket
>basket sticking out from behind a rock
>slavshit or naziboo see it
>shoot it with their APHE
>shell fragments in toward the back of the turret
>fragments enter the back of the turret
>all of the crew is minced by the fragments

>what is going hull down
Ineffective because muh shot trap that's the easiest thing in the world to do, even at ranges exceeding 500m?

>what is muh APCR with buffed fragmentation/spall
Still not enough to pen the 100 mm+250 mm of armor protecting your gunner, even at point-blank range, not to mention APCR's enormous pen drop off at even slight angles.

>spawn killing is a part of GF even though it makes no sense
>airfields are protected by Stonehenge to discourage a common and accepted practice in WWII

are you gonna explain or just say that baselessly
>both are shit against slopes
>both create a massive wall of spall/fragmentation that kills anything in it's path if so much as one fragment touches a module
>both are way better at cooking off ammunition than APC(BC) and APHE(BC)

>yards
deserved it

>he doesn't already know that gaijin hates tankers and does everything in their power to fuck them over, I.E. promoting spawnkilling, giving tanks a third of the reward bonuses planes get at the same tier/BR, not fixing massive issues, and not decreasing RP costs when they did for planes

>posted from my Tempest as I dive to strafe a 262
>only to die to the flak lane of over 150 Flakvierling quad 20 mm

>both are shit against slopes
Let's compare the effect of slopes on American APCR vs APDS using the T92's M319 and M331A2.

The M319 APCR has maximum 208 mm pen. At a 60 degree angle it loses 48 mm pen. The M331 APDS has maximum 232 mm pen. At a 60 degree angle it loses 6 mm pen.

Wow, that's not similar at all. Let's try farther away, maybe 500 m?

The The M319 APCR has 187 mm pen. At a 60 degree angle it loses 42 mm pen. The M331 APDS has 212 mm pen. At a 60 degree angle it loses 5 mm pen.

Now let's see how user tries to weasel his way out of blatant fucking lies!

>The Mk IV was used in ground-attack missions in the European theatre until the early days of 1944, before being replaced by the more modern Hawker Typhoon. French ace Pierre Clostermann recalls in his book, The Big Show, that RP-3-equipped Hurricanes were limited to 205 mph (330 km/h) top speed due to the rockets' drag, and that Hurricane casualty rates against the lethal German flak were extremely high. In particular, Clostermann describes a rocket attack by Hurricanes from No. 184 Squadron RAF against a V-1 flying bomb launch-site on the French coast on 20 December 1943, in which three of the four aircraft were shot down before they could attack.

>hates tankers

Tanks are literally the reason War Thunder is still surviving at this point, and attract far more players than planes. Gaijin knows that because of this they can squeeze more money out of the tank playerbase than the plane playerbase.

>Hurricane = Tempest
wew

>M-MUH HAWKER PRIDE

That was really more about the effectiveness of AAA vs aircraft on strafing runs, but you can nitpick if you'd like.

>Nazis literally so desperate that they had to dedicate small cities worth of AA cover just for one fighter to take off
>even resorted to have a normal piston engine fighter cover its takeoff

>STILL lost 262s in droves to allied fighter strafe runs

>just for one figher
>Nazis would only put one 262 at each airfield

wew

what would happen if gaijin added ERA and spall liners as researchable mods for tanks that had them?

>decide to try out this game
>downloading files ETA 2000 days

how the fuck do I even get to play war thunder?

I encountered my first fag in the wild today in arcade no less

okay triahx

Remember, user, the IS-3 is bad because a 15 year old said so, so you shouldn't feel good about killing one at all.

Also, >arcade

You'd have to aim for the spots that don't have them

Other than that it would turn the game into an even worse slugfest than it already is, with pretty much everyone with ERA capable of completely surviving one shot minimum.

Plus only Russian tanks would get it as IIRC there aren't any other tanks ingame right now that had ERA put on them, because as per usual USSR tank research was better than NATOs. Same shit with composite armour, the USSR had it in every tanks since the T-64, while NATO didn't until the Abrams, Leopard 2 and Challenger.

are we supposed to mock people for abusing the fotm shit gaijin put in the game or soemthing

>1:3 in FOTM

>flavor of the month
what is this meme

how new are you, friend?

ok, nabuttso

this isn't /a/, friendo

>implying nabutso is still here
>implying nabutso would post without a proofs image
>implying nabutso is ever coming back
>implying gigaslav wasn't his final hurrah