/xcg/ - XCOM General

Congratulations on our Silver Medal, Delta! edition

Previous thread: News:

1)
XCOM 2 officially coming to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on September 6th.
>twitter.com/XCOM/status/740181548419272705

2)
Julian Gollop is working on his new game Phoenix Point. It's a turn-based tactical game with strategy elements, destructible terrain, geoscape and character progression much akin to XCOM. Lobstermen are confirmed.
>twitter.com/Phoenix_Point
>phoenixpoint.info/
>pcgamer.com/julian-gollop-announces-new-game-phoenix-point/

3)
Long War Studios are working on more mods for XCOM2. The first in a planned series of five is live on Workshop + Nexus now, and is called Long War Toolbox.
>xcom.com/news/en-long-war-studios-creating-more-xcom-2-mods
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=674832831
Also cosmetic mod author Capnbubs - maker of the most endorsed mod on the workshop - has been signed onto the LWS team to model stuff.

4)
Alien Rulers has been released alongside a large patch
> xcom.com/news/en-dangerous-ruler-aliens-await-in-xcom-2s-alien-hunters-dlc

5) user dug up some Shen's Last Gift SDK assets
>imgur.com/a/Z5aWQ

The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

Piratez mod for OpenXCom: openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

Assorted improvements (Skip intros, alleviate stuttering, multi monitor support, and resolutions past 1080p)
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=616682629

XCOM2 NEW AND IMPROVED MODLIST, updated regularly:
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

NEW MEGA MOD LIBRARY - Contains all 180 mods from the new modlist:
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN

Image Library of /xcg/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=661304203
derbk.com/Downloads/ABA/ABetterManual.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

pistols

Something something about too early but the theme is nice so no complains.

are useful.

Third for AYYS ARE FOR KILLING

As wrong as you are about your post number.

Nice screen shot

>not having sky blue as default visor

>can't launch flashbang grenades with grenade launcher

what the fuck i hate grenadiers now

you should be able to? my anarchist and grenadier both can, user.

I can launch smoke grenades (and have them on along with my obligatory 2 plasma nades) but if i try to equip the flashbang in place of the smoke it says "max 1 grenade per soldier"

the game considers flashbangs as a offensive granade, thats why it counts towards your limit of 2
the smoke doesnt thats why you can carry in your item slot

unfortunate. I guess I don't really need it, it's working well enough on my ranger

Just get a mod that disables the restriction, user. It's honestly a dumb rule.

>Too early
There are other generals that open a new thread as soon as they hit their image limit. Even if they're only at 400 or so replies.

thats what i used to do, until a sectoid mindcontrolled my ranger and i had no way of killing it that turn
a ranger can deal with a sectoid on its own, and by giving the flashbang to my grenadier
(and it also applies the bonus range and radius) i always have a reliable way to answer to mindspins
but if you already have plasma granades then i dont think you have to worry about it

Any grenades you bring along with the grenadier will launch from the grenade launcher. That one slot just determines which grenade you bring an extra of for the Heavy Ordnance perk.

>too early
>previous thread was at bump limit
u wot m8?

Generally you make a new thread a bit after bump limit is hit, not on it or immediately afterward. Let it hit page 7-10. A pretty minor quibble as the original user noted.

ITT new mission and enemy ideas

also shen when

ur a faggot

Ship boarding. Because Boarding ships. Map size small. You can either blow up some key components that will cause it too crash for an easy mission but less resources, or take it over in the sky for the full pay out. Very close quarters, tight corridors and rooms.

>ur a faggot
No u

STOP IMPERSONATING ME

fuck off retard

Friends, I have run out of inspiration for our newest /pol/ in a nutshell comic. You need to shit up this thread more.

Are we still doing the DeviantArt thing?

>Ship boarding...
I like dis.

I like where this comic is going.

da fuq

Ugh, they don't have a bitcoin/anonymous option. It's $6 and I have shittons of money to spare, but I don't really want my name on this purchase.

Time to get an anonymous LLC (I'm in burgerland) and a company card, if that's even possible anymore.

top kek

YAY WE WON. Eye AM SO PROUD OF YOU GUYS

Also cyclops mod when

I've been replaying Enemy Within for the last week or so after not having played it for a long, long while.

I want to thank you all for helping me realize I have to ultra specialize my squads for anti-sectopod duty on anything other than tiny scout shoot downs and abductions. Kinda sucks that I have to devote at least two of my six to full on fuck sectopod builds, or abuse stuff like flush constantly. But better that than having to deal 180 damage to a triple sectopod activation as I open a door.

tl;dr fuck sectopods. I'd rather deal with 90 hp worth of mutons in a single activation.

Yeah, sectopods are really the only thing that can offer a credible threat in the end game. Everything else just dies. Even Ethereals suffer from "dies in one turn" syndrome.

which is weird because ethereals have a chance to reflect all the damage you did back at you. it's horrifying.

still, yeah , fuck sectopods. Fuck them forever.

Honestly, i'm salty. The last few multi sectopod missions i've had ended with dead xcom personel, including a max level sniper with double tap and disabling shot.

I just hate how much the swing is between normal aliens and beep boop fuck xcom sectopods.

It's only percent of the damage I believe.

Are you dragging out the game? What difficulty is this? I don't remember running into that many sectopods in vanilla.

My last classic run it was, one on base defense, two on the Overseer (is that right? can't remember what its called) and the two on the temple ship.

Three in the first battleship shoot down, one in the base defense (which came after)

Three in the god damn base assault. I'm slowplaying, but not overly so. I think i'm in . . . august? or very early september and i'm just now starting hyperwave research.

>Overseer
uh what

oh. i guess that explains some things.

still, you'd figure ethereals were a bigger threat than sectopods. bah.

i caved and bought the dlc pass because i wanted alien hunters and S H E N W H E N but apparently I have to start a new game for the story stuff. that really burns my poffins

i think i'm addicted to modding xcom

i have 491 mods for it

send help

>uh what
The ethereal craft, with the item you need for the gallop chamber. Just forgot what it was called.

oh right that thing, it's been forever since i played EW

No Long Hair mod yet so there's still a long way to go.

how do I deal with xcom2 chryssalids

my ranger just kept fucking running into hidden fags

Scanning protocol, meme beacons, and battle scanners. Medkits so you can counteract the poison.

Holy shit, I don't think I've ever dealt with 3 sectopods on the same turn in EW, not even in I/I. That's some LW shit right there.

Look I posted it again.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=661304203

>Here I am grasping my solid beam of light
What did you hope to indicate in this screenshot, user?

alien base assault.

the long, narrow room with the containers of human slurry, and the staircases on both sides leading to vivisection bays.

Two sectopods as soon as you go around the corner and peek into the room, and one further back at the door way.

>it was vanilla too

>not even on I/I

There should have been 4 during one of the story missions on lower difficulty.

>There should have been 4 during one of the story missions on lower difficulty.
That is definitely not true.

Uhh, I think you're thinking of LW if anything. Most I've ever run into at once is the guaranteed 2 spawn during the Temple Ship.

Holy shit. That is way too soon. My condolences, user. Not much any of us coiuld do about that with the EW 2x health sectopods.

Is the accurate swords mod on the workshop considered a cheat or balanced? Makes it so sword rangers are no longer useless since they cannot miss with their swords.

I've noticed that Grimy's Loot Mod is not anywhere in the /xcg/ recommended mods pastebin. Is the mod bad or is the list just out of date?

>mod
Obviously a cheat.

Never. Die in a fire, you fucking stale meme degenerate.

honestly it isn't the accuracy (itself) that breaks rangers. It's that they pop pods trying to do their thing, they get isolated and flanked very easily, and generally can't sustain themselves like stealth shotgun rangers. And on top of this, their swords have a shitty accuracy rating.

It's not bad, some people just think it's cheaty. I use it, user.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone speak out against it aside from the usual memery. Go for it, user.

Alright cool. I'm about to start a new campaign and I think I'm going to try out Grimy's Loot Mod as well as some quality of life improvements like accurate swords, hack plus, and bleed out mod with some other minor mods sprinkled in.

Kill yourself.

Just be sure to download some mods to balance out the difficulty. Grimy's loot mod can give some seriously powerful gear, and if your not fighting extra powerful ayys then its going to be too much of a cakewalk.

indeed, user. I really recommend A Better Advent and its plugins.

I just completed Gatecrasher in my new campaign. Would I need to start a new campaign to use A Better Advent?

Dont think so

Is there a way to see enemy unit info in game? I'm a little intimidated by A Better Advent because I fear I'll lose track of what abilities are tied to which units.

I don't thinks so, but I think there's a list somewhere of all the new enemy variants. Will post if I find it.

Also get "A Better Ai" its sweet as for your question i dont think so

Grimy also made a mod called Grimy's Hotkeys, it now has a hot key that displays the stats of the alien you are aiming at

found it.
derbk.com/Downloads/ABA/ABetterManual.pdf

As I understand it "A Better AI" is the AI improvements already implemented in "A Better Advent" but for those people who don't want the added enemies.

You may want to mess with the timers with aba enabled

OK wasn't sure if it was included

it's pretty easy to learn, user. It's pretty simple.

Do you guys find laboratories and workshops useful in XCOM 2? They cost a ton of supplies and time to build.

They're useless.

>Hating Snek
>In the year of our Elders 2000+35

In the time you've whined about this mod you easily could've learned how to model, and make the mod yourself.

Workshop is useful, lab not so much until you have lots of resources to spare.

There used to be a time monoeye poster wasn't hated this much. At the very least, not multiple people telling the dude to kill themselves.

What has happened to my /xgc/?

There is only so much whining a thread can take, especially when whiner can move his fat lazy ass and do shit he wants instead of being a crying bitch every time.
If people could pull accesory packs to XCOM 2 in about 2 weeks after release, he had enough fucking time to make his fucking cyclops eye mod, but he'd rather whine about nobody making it for him in the thread.

What are you talking about? When he started posting that everyone told him to fuck off, it was only after that that people just gave up.

They are the paste that keeps the general going!

Re-writing history isn't really all that cool mate. Some people told him to fuck off, most people didn't care. Some people actually engaged him, and talked with him about it.

Wow, it's almost like nothing has changed.

Four replies telling him to fuck off is most certainly a change.

>whining for months and months since the release to make the mod for him
>being a fetishist and a waifufag

Granted i myself like Cyclops too but holy shit man.

At this point I just see it as a long running meme. I guess it is a bit stale.

Its gone to shit. The /v/ fags invaded.

Its why this thread keeps going to page 10.

No it isn't, there's always at least one person telling you to fuck off.

And even if that wasn't true, it's been 5 fucking months.

Its not a forced meme though. Its just one guy posting one picture every thread.

The people who insult him are the real faggots

>Telling you to fuck off
I'm not even cyclops poster. I'm the other kind of poster you hate.

>forced meme

Therefor he should follow Kurt Cobain steps and put that shotgun to good use.

I don't hate sneks, at least it's oc and they don't constantly shitpost begging for a shitty mod to be made.

So?

We got used to him. How about you kindly fuck off

>not forced

t. cyclop posting fag

>we

Go home cyclops.

Its not shitposting if it is only one post per thread.

Also, is this what xcg has become? Hating our longtime residents? Hell, cyclopsfaggot congratulated us on winning a match. And this is the treatment he gets.

Its not a wonder this place keeps going to pg. 10.

>>people taking cyclopsfag seriously

Wew, lad.

If you want waifufaggotry go to Fallout general or Senra Kagura, keep that shit outa here.