/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Last bread:
/hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade • Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Freaky/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel/Linux)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
3DS downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 is still the latest version. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. DON'T UPDATE IF YOU PLAN TO DOWNGRADE.
-11.0 userland homebrew is now available via Freakyhax and PSMD, but don't expect CFW or downgrading without a hardmod anytime soon.
-Pokemon Picross announced as new secondary homebrew entrypoint
-DS emulator in the works for 3DS: gbatemp.net/threads/430223/

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Tubehax is experiencing turbulence. Use 104.236.072.203 to block updates instead.
-5.6 doesn't seem to be happening this week. Make sure to block updates anyway.

>Vita
-Coming soon: Cobra BlackFin to allow running ISO's from SD. Not compatible with 3.60

Other urls found in this thread:

sites.google.com/site/completesg/backup-launchers/installation
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

WHERE THE FUCK IS ZTD YOU INCOMPETENT FUCKS

First for leak never

5 hours

Reposting because it's a new thread

So I'm about to go through with the OTPHelper one click setup but I just realized when I formatted Rednand a second time I didn't set up an internet connection. Will I be able to change internet settings after I run the one click set up or do I have to restore the backup of rednand to emunand change internet settings and then downgrade it to 2.1.0 a second time?
I'm using an o3ds

Someone fucking tell me how to edit a GBA header to turn into a CIA that supports the EEPROM save type with RTC please.

So like I was asking what's the best DS Flashcart for 3DS that runs the easiest and plays all games?

I like how those are both me. Anyway, I guess anything else. get some sorta R4, either SDHC if you want forwarder roms, or Gold if for whatever reason/ If your cfw already patches the whitelist, I'd get me an Acekard, whatever the DSi one was if you didn't want some sorta bootleg R4.

Pong.

>change Internet settings
Yes, the only problem is whether wifi is on or not.

In 999 hours

Please help

What does 11.0 Userland Homebrew even mean? It doesn't seem like full access to the arm11 kernel at all.

Oh ya, what games is /hbg/ playing? I'm modifying my save on ACNL to make an interesting map

run ntr before you run taiko
update your firmware

Your setup is probably incredibly outdated. Get a9lh and transfer all yer shit to it and toss the gateway.

It means you only have userland access, themes, saves and basic homebrew

Had an R4, did what it had to do.
Used to use a dstwo up until I installed cfw on my 3ds. never used it for any Nes or snes games. Just played gba, ds, and gbc games.
Actually, I think I played super mario world on it. Worked fine.

>gateway

found the problem

Posted this in last thread and never got any responses, I'm trying to play my GBA VC cias that I installed but they crash on start up.
So, I'm trying to install mini pasta to get GBA cias to work on my emunand.
Do I need to have homebrewlauncher on my sysnand to get this installed or what? I looked up an old GBATEMP thread but none of the replies every specifically mentioned that.
If so, I'm not too sure how to get it on my sysnand thats 6.0, already have it on my emunand though.

Or is there any simpler alternative to getting these to work? I'm on 6.0 sysnand 2DS and 11.0 Emunand

Have a good night /hbg/ I love every single one of you!

pastebin

Oh, nice. I have a friend who only wants to mess with saves so i'll help em right away.

the only reason why i know about this minipasta shit is because of the pastebin, the links in there to the gba temp thread im talking about doesn't say shit about my question dude

fuck you faggot

make sure you sleep well and open the windows in your roomlate night summer sounds are good for sleep

I'm currently on RxTools 3.0 with emunand 10.3

How do I get up to date on whatever will allow me to play online in time for MHG's release?

Also ZTD fucking when?

just update you sysnand

Great idea fucker

update your emunand retard

stop using rx

>game has a set release date
>like 2 people still come into the thread and constantly ask ZTD when
????

they want the leak not the game on launch day

How do I make the switch then?

Also, do I just update emunand like normal through the menu? It wont fuck anything up, what's the latest firmware like 11.0 or something??

literally only 1 game has leaked and dumped before release and it was under odd circumstances(7th dragon)

why the fuck would you expect that one off occurrence to happen again

If a game is cross-buy with 3DS and WiiU. and I get a ticket for it and download it on 3DS. do I get the WiiU version for free? anyone knows?

this could save alot of space on my SD that loads loadiine

review copies were given last week and people wanted one of them to dump it

why would you expect this to happen

what would a reviewer know about dumping games

Anyone else just get prompted for an update?

>people on 3ds iso make threads requesting the cia
>complain when they're told they're early and say "b-but x game got leaked early!"
the shit posters I can understand, but that kind of dumbposters are the ones that irritate me the most

nice renamed .txt file

idk they probably thought it would happen since some no name sites also got review copies

So, anyone?
maybe ill get a legit response if i shitpost about a ZTD cia

You should install a9lh cause it reduces the fuckery with GBA games and DSiware. Other than that, try using Luma.

>patch agb
>install them to both nands
>play
not that hard

I think you made a common mistake--tell me the process you went through when installing a GB cia so I can be sure.

will using either of these make it work? Cause literally every GBA game cia I've installed hasn't worked.
I'll test these two out though, thanks.

you need a firmware that patches AGB_FIRM. like luma.

all i did was put the cia's on my sd card and installed them through fbi. that's it.
will try this too thanks

anyone?

>will try this too thanks
but you've already done it since you said you already checked the pastebin though

You need to install on your SD card while you're on your sysNAND, as well as emuNAND.

it literally never said to install it to both nands, it never specified, only said install. that was my initial question in my firstp ost.

>launch sysnand
>install agb patch and install all gba games here
>boot into emunand
>install agb patch and install all gba games here
says it all there

well
fuck

anyway now my health app is crashing on start up in my sysnand so i guess ill go fix that then do this

>9.0.0 - 9.2.0 (with an existing CFW): change menuhax to type 1, set your menuhax trigger to D-Pad down, then start the guide at Part 4.

Do I have to get rid of CTR boot manager for this?

if you had luma+a9lh you would just install them like any other game without doing all this bullshit

No, just change it in menuhax manager

Alright, thank you.

Just installed menuhax.
What now?

You should read the guide in the op

You finish the rest of the a9lh guide.

He guys is there an update integrity checker? I got an error during an upgrade and when I restarted my system setting are showing the newest firmware version and I want to make sure I'm fully updated

I'll leak the CIA once I finish with this game.

So /hbg/ should I bother with the DS Whitelist cia if neither the TWL Slot-1 launcher or R4Stage2 didnt work for my card?

It's a R4 Renovation 2.10T. Use to work before on a really old firmware

What game?

I installed a CIA of the DSi version of pictochat, and I can launch it in FBI but there's no shortcut on the homescreen. Is that normal?

ZTD

>posting both on /v/ and here without a timestamp

Sure you will leak it fuckface

how do i know if my nands are linked?

If they share the same folder inside the "Nintendo 3DS" folder they're linked.

make a folder on sysnand and boot into emunand if it's still there then they are linked, can also change the sysnand theme and if it changes on emunand as well they are also linked

Ok so I'm on >cekes and got a new SD card. Old computer died so I don't have any backups of anything. How do I install the newest and best EmuNAND for the new SD card, anything I need to do? The end game for me is so that I can update my EmuNAND to the latest version and also play online. Thanks!

thanks

What EmuNAND do I use? Rei, Cakes, Luma?

emunand will always be the same, those are cfws

some Mega Man questions:

which versions of classic Mega Man are better on 3DS, the NES VC or Legacy Collection?

also which of the Battle Network games are worth? Only played the first game a decade ago.

Which is the best CFW then?

VC runs better iirc but legacy has challenges save states custom controls amiibo shit and some other stuff

How do I upgrade cakes from 9.2 to 11.0 Emunand?

It's not about which one is "the best". It's about what you want. Inform yourself on what they can do and decide for yourself. No, we don't care what you choose, stop posting about it.

PS4 piracy when?

luma is what everyone uses these days
you can update emunand from system settings

just installed Homebrew on myold Wii, what should I do now?

i hear sleep mode patch gba games can cause problems, is that true?

install cios so you can play wii backups with usbloader i guess

Download nintendon't
Download a wii backup launcher
Get a huge SD card/external hard drive
Pirate the entire GC and Wii library.

will I be needing a gamecube controller after doing this to use the pirated games? I've only got the normal wii remote and the classic controller.

>USBloader

Can anyone help me with this Wii iso playing.

Nintendon't works, but I don't know how to play Wii games off a fat32 usb stick

no?

Nope. Nintendont supports playing GC games with the classic controller.

How do I go from an old CFW to Luma?

Awesome, thanks mate

follow sites.google.com/site/completesg/backup-launchers/installation
nintendont works because it doesn't require any ios modding or anything like that

>that fucking browserhax slider

uhm. what the fuck is wrong with freeshop? 30kbps download speed. but my speedtest said that im on 50mbps

So I just had this issue, anyone want to try and help? I want to have it boot into Windows 10 so I'm installing it, but it's hung up on this screen.

it has a max of around 500 or so because the eshop limit but it is faster than fbi qr, don't expect to get 50mb

Really? I hit about a mb a second last night.

seems to be a bit higher on n3ds