/dbdg/ - Dead by Daylight General #14

Previous Thread Will Dwight ever find friends? edition

>What is Dead by Daylight?
Asymmetrical Online multiplayer. 4 survivors scramble to fix 5 generators, while 1 killer wants to sacrifice all of them

>Sounds like evolve
It's not. Survivors have to avoid the killer at all costs, whereas the killer has to hunt for them. Everyone has their own objective.

>General info
Pastebin with most questions asked: pastebin.com/DDddy4uE
Pastebin with peek at what's in the full release in terms of levels: pastebin.com/FE58REXD

>Official site
deadbydaylight.com/

>Video of the thread
youtube.com/watch?v=vObENy1Wl4w

>Latest Patch Notes (June 17 / v1.0.1)
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/358415206084790905/

First for cheating is fine

Second for cheating is not fine.

nth for so many bugs that no one can list them all

>play exclusively survivor
>get daily ritual to chase survivors for 9 minutes as retardbilly
>drink some glue to get into the mindset of playing the killer
>get in game
>first survivor i find is convinced it is literally impossible to see her because she is black and crouching in grass next to a wall
>next survivor i find is on a genny but waits til im literally directly behind him to start running
>BRIGHT RED TRAIL leads EXACTLY where he went
>trail ends in a corner
>guzzle more glue to try and figure out where he possibly could have hidden
>WOAH HES CROUCHED NEXT TO A ROCK IN SOME BUSHES
>next survivor tries to window juke me
>shuffle between the wall that leads to both window openings until she mistimes the jump and i down her
>at this point i have drunk literally all the glue in my home and had to resort to huffing paint to put myself in the mind of a real killer player
>the last survivor is hurt so all i need to do is run around the edge of the map until i either hear him or see the GIANT RED TRAIL HE LEAVES
>finally found him wheezing in a cabinet

phew man survivors am i right? i wish this game wasnt so tailored to them, makes it really hard to rev up my retard chainsaw and run directly into obstacles while they get gennys

Hot tips: When you start off as killer the game deliberately feeds you morons just starting off. As soon as I hit rank 15 I started getting rank 6 survivors with 4 perks that never fail skill checks and never sprint.

>as soon as i earned ~30 pips i started playing with the real players guys
>there arent lobbies with rank 20 killers and rank 5+ survivors
>there is a functioning matchmaking system in place guys
O AM LAFFIN

wait til you see me

oh wait, you won't really see me until I am twerking at the exit :^)

How the hell am I supposed to get away from a Wraith in the cornfield level where there are no infinite window hopping opportunities? There aren't even any pallets to throw down so I can't even stun him with that and then run into the cornfield.

Hide in the cornfield and pray or hope for the farm with the huge shop

>in the cornfield level where there are no infinite window hopping opportunities

wrong
there's like 3 location grids at least and at least one of them will spawn erry time

I just said it's not that map.

>chainsaw only gives 750 points for hitting someone
>ding dong bell reveal + hitting someone gives 950
Wew no wonder everyone plays wraith

>looks in chest and finds a medkit
>drops spooky skelly key and screenshots
nice meme friendo

You can't infinitely window hop in one of those crappy things. They get you eventually, always. Unless maybe you're a Claudette with near instant self heal.

What does the skeleton key even do?

maybe if you're fucking retarded?

Why is everyone so fucking reluctant to ready up in this game? I've had so many instances where the host is ready, but the players refuse to ready up and the killer rethinks it and decides he'd rather nuke the lobby and get lower ranked people.

>chest items
>add ons
Nice try faglord

No, we're talking about walls that take a second for the killer to cross. You window hop a hundred times and eventually he's going to bait you properly. He only needs a quarter second of misdirection. We're not talking about a barn or anything, but those worthless things on the corner of the map that don't even have things to throw down. Literally no one has ever window hopped that against a killer for more than a minute.

... but I did not mean those regular walls, you stupid moron. There are at least 3 different locations I can think of right where you can juke infinitely on the farm. Don't expect me to teach you them by baiting me further. Just watch other players or find them on your own.

Explain why I only face level 20 killers when I'm a low rank shitter survivor but when I switch to my 17 level/13 rank killer I start seeing high power survivors equipped with the latest gadgets

Point flashlight in his general vicinity. Bathe in wraith tears when he gets stunned for double the length of a pallet stun.

You're referring to stuff like the barn? I just explicitly said I'm referring to the farm level where there are no such buildings, just corn and worthless crap. Unless you mean the basement shack, but even that isn't always foolproof as the Wraith will never give up if you're right next to the basement.

That only works when he's cloaked, does it not? You can't flash him when he's sneaking up on you in a cornfield and you can't even see him to properly aim.

Listen to his crazed muttering and then spam it in his face when he tries to decloak. If he's stupid enough to walk towards you visible then your heartbeat will already be warning you to run away.

>I'm referring to the farm level where there are no such buildings

as am I

and there are a minimum of 3 spawnable locations on the fucking farm for infinite jukes and I've used 2 of them myself until the killer gave up and fucked off

fuck you are so dense, just find them out on your own

>tfw you have 43 hours and you're still rank 20

Am I a huge fucking memelord for loving the flashlight?

Like I barely get any use out of it but that one situation where a guy goes down near me and I know the killer just isn't fast or stable enough to get me I just LET IT RIP

how bad r u?

What are these locations you speak of? Describe them.

Flashlight is completely useless currently and every other item is better and more useful.

The flashlight is pretty good against a cloaked wraith. Stuns him for a pretty significant amount of time.

Eh

Beats doing the hook dance with dickface mcstandstill

I guess bad.

skeleton key with no add on just use to open the trap door.

What it does with the add on is base what you put on it.

Still fucks with wraith hard enough to be justifiable at times, especially cloaking hook camping faggots

It's completely useless against the other two and it only works on bad wraiths.

But the toolbox is always useful. Medkit can be useful if you don't have self-heal and you can heal others faster. The map is for easy extra points. Flashlight is just shit and it MIGHT just might stun a really bad wraith player once or twice.

And the fucking thing is in nearly every chest because it's the most worthless item.

>First 2 games as hillbilly
>Each had a rank 1 survivor amongst the 20s
Each a dick.

I know the feeling brother

I need to start looking out for myself. I always fuck myself over because I want to save everyone.

There are only 2 or 3 good wraiths, so that sounds pretty useful to me.

If you're good or reasonably intelligent you won't be drawn to wraith in the first place.

It's like, I 5+ matches that are easy and I rarely see the killer and then I get followed up with 5+ matches where I spawn as close as possible to the killer and he non-stop harasses me

Wraith's the most fun though.

Also
>only good or bad players
>no middle ground

just stay in /v/ please

Wraith is the least fun. You cloak and run around on the fringe looking for people, uncloak and whack them. Then you camp them. Or they run to infinite window-hop location found on almost every map and tease you.

I didn't think Veeky Forums would have this many obviously shit players. I bet you're all rank 19-20 (20 mostly) and level 10 at best.

Holy shit.

Feel free to discuss your pro strats on reddit

What does everyone care about fucking ranks, especially in this game. Literally nobody gives a shit about someone elses rank since 80% of cases its a cheaterfag

Trapper is a shitter than can be made the most harmless killer with a single perk. Hillbilly's chainsaw is easily juked. Wraith's ok if you know how to use invisibility properly.

esports dotard types

Wraith literally can't catch people on all but one or two maps. Trapper can fortify one side of the map and patrol so that it's practically impossible to get anything done, even with saboteur.

well look at that.. one of the shitters got butthurt instantly lmao

Hillbillys chainsaw allows you to patrol things very effectively.

Maybe you can't as wraith because you fucking suck. Small game renders the trapper useless and I love it. I fucking dance around 9 out of 10 trappers and get free ez points from their traps and with the one really exceptionally good trapper it is a 50/50 if they can get me without the help of traps.

It's also noisy and predictable. Especially when there are few objectives left. All the tard does is dash between 2-3 objectives and you know when he's coming from across the map since he has to rev up the chainsaw.

And? It keeps people off generators, can cause people to panic and give up their position, can sprint you across the map and effectively allow you to guard both gate exits.

Traps aren't for catching retards that don't pay attention as they crawl through the grass. They're for completely blocking off all the evasive areas near the final generators the Trapper has decided to call home.

>You get 2k for stunning a wraith with a flash light
Holy shit

It stops shitters, sure, but it's so easy to go up to a generator and fix it a little and then you hear the idiot revving you can hide. Rinse and repeat.

I can't hear you over all these sabotaged and disarmed trap noises that are from the "fortified" areas. Idiot.
And only retards activate generators so that the remaining 2-3 are next to each other instead of being spread out. You seem like a typical bad trapper who thinks his traps matter at all against small game.

All it takes is one perk. One perk. And the trapper is like a disabled puppy.

And then he knows you're near by and can search and find them.

And it's generally shitters who run as soon as they hear a chainsaw in the distance. The good players stay there until he's almost right there and then walk/run off to a juke point they're comfortable they can evade the killer at

You don't get to disarm them because the trapper isn't leaving the area. The whole point is to let you get 3 or 4 generators on one side of the map, forcing you to spend all your time in a very small area with several generators and a killer that is always there. If you manage to do a repair on a generator you'll have to pull off 15 seconds later to avoid being spotted.

Indeed. Shitters run everywhere. I can just fix the generator, walk and hide and then fix it again as many times as I need to when he retards sprints elsewhere. So where are you going with this?

Wow you have a huge boner for trapper despite him being the weakest killer, trumped by one single perk. It would not be hard to "steal" one generator from the trapper's area early on because it's easy to spot him and he has no sprint of invisibility so it's easier to get away. Then activate the rest of the generators while the retard patrols his small domain and run out while he just camps his 2 generators.
Can't wait to level 3 sabotage all the traps I find. Try fortifying anything with your 2-3 traps I can see easily.

The Wraith is objectively the weakest killer in that he can't lock down an area, can't patrol as fast as hillbilly, and has the worst pursuit ability of any killer. He's only good on the Rotten Fields map.

I don't deny that an exceptionally good survivor would be able to beat a great Trapper, but the game is imbalanced in favour of the survivors so you can say that about any killer.

He has the same regular running speed as the others. He can patrol almost as fast as hillbilly without making extra noise. There are perks that alert you slightly before he can be heard but that goes for all killers. You still can't spot him as well as the others and there is no red light either when he is cloaked. You just need to time your invisibility right for surprises and know if and when you should use it when chasing.
It's a silly kneejerk-like reaction to call the wraith bad just because the worst newbies call him OP and then proceed to play as him and sucking horribly.

Genuinely good hillbillies are still the scariest because they can land that chainsaw.

It was probably left there by someone else.

How to beat the Wraith:

1: Partially repair generators to 95% or so
2: Spread out your generator repair
3: Make one of your final disabled generators be in a house of infinite window-hopping, and the others far away

There, you win. You can do the same thing to the Trapper, but what I just described is piss easy to do to a Wraith while for the Trapper you had to dream up a build where half of your perks are dedicated to screwing the Trapper.

>about to type "killer dc?" in lobby because all have good ranks
>killer dcs before my message goes through

all according to keikaku

I don't know how anyone can maintain high ranks in this game when the disconnection right is fucking absurd.

One perk you mean. One is not half. It's 1/4th.

You can do the chain shit on any killer.

As a survivor, just win more than you lose.

As a killer, abuse Wraith.

You need both Saboteur and Small Game to make what you're talking about effective. Being able to see the traps isn't enough.

As for Wraith, Premonition, Spine Chill, and probably others makes it impossible for the Wraith to ever sneak up, meaning you always have time to evade and get to safety.

Those two work just as well on the other killers as well.

And sabotage, once you have it, is ALWAYS part of the perk set anyway I mean come on you can't deny how universally useful it is.

>Only get 2 gens before everyone dies
>Follow the killer around so he shows me where the hatch is
>Easily escape into it while he's stupidly trying to place traps around it
GGNORE dum dum killers

>Those two work just as well on the other killers as well.
They're far more valuable against the Wraith because they let you know he's coming even when there are a few walls between you and no heartbeat.

And just seeing the traps has been enough for me. I can disable them for easy points and at the same time I am helping the survivors that don't see their outlines.

I always have spine chill on. Helps against all killers because it lets you know when they are looking at you which usually means they are definitely coming your way, spotted or not. And it's without cooldown.

Yeah, and it breaks the Wraith by depriving them of any surprise.

There is really nothing a killer can do about the hatch unless they're a trapper and it has very tight placement and only needs 2 traps to cover completely.

>mocking flashlight

You can force meme of weak flashlight all day guys, but its wrecks wraith's day really hard. You can stun invis/uncloaking wraith even if you dont aim for his back. If Im playing against wraith, I might consider flashlight over medkit.

I've saved some survivors against hook camping invisible wraith. I spot invis wraith first, run towards hook, wraith runs towards me uncloaking. At this point Im moving towards wraith and using flashlight. Stun duration time is just enough to make it to the hook and unhook a person. Flashlight is garbage against any other *decent* killer though. Most cheeky part is that you can just turn away as killer/drop survivor you were carrying. Flashlight should fuck with mouse sensetivety and dissalow dropping victim.

>Rank up to the next rank
>Next match
>Killer DCs right at the start
>Rank back down

I can't be the only one having this bad luck am I?

I'm never getting out of the teens at this rate.

You can't only rely on the gimmick of a killer to win, you know. You make it seem like trapper can only win when he uses traps, or when the hillbilly uses the chainsaw or that the wraith uses only his invisibility. Gotta use your wits bro.

Besides it only activates when looking at the survivor but it does not activate if you are facing the other way until you are really close so they can hear you.

I mean, if you find a flashlight in the game already and are against a wraith? Maybe worth it. Otherwise you're a retard if you bring it in the hopes you're against a wraith.

A used medkit though?

What if someone forgot they had a key on em and picked up an item in the chest? Could happen since its pretty difficult to tell when you're holding a key...looks like a tiny stick.

Legit fags WW@?

What's your

>Rank
>Level
>Main nigga
>Best perk you have

I play wraith a lot when I play killer side. And fleshlights don't scare me one bit. I just quickly looked to the left or right and your flashlight had no effect. And I am not retarded enough to chase a better player with a flashlight in invisibility state. Only high rank survivors that leave no trace anywhere, heal immediately and don't even activate crows are scary. Same shit goes any killer against 2+ good survivors that are like fucking ghosts on the map.

So bring Premonition instead. If the Wraith's invisibility is rendered irrelevant and all it has is chasing people around, why not play Hillbilly?

The answer: Because the Wraith is only good against retarded survivors that can't tell he's coming, can't get away, and can't strategically choose their generators. This means that the Wraith can easily get 3 kills per match.

The Trapper, on the other hand, is good against retarded and okay survivors. No killer is good against good survivors.

>12
>20
>Jake
>Iron Will 1. I have Calm Spirit 2 but that's shit.

Mods when

Dwight
Leader.

That 9% tho.

> Pro-Tip of the day

If you think that killer is after you following your run trails and you want to lose him, you
break line of sight and run backwards, then walk-crouch to the side. This makes it look like you continued running forward, which killer will fall for 100% of the time unless he already spotted you or heard you somehow.

Also stopping repairing generators from time to time and making a fake run trail only to return and keep fixing it is a great way to fuck with killer. Its always funny seeing killer rushing into the direction of a fake trail, while you've been crouching in opposite direction)

Premonition is worse. It has cooldown.

And I just explained how to get around spine chill. Dude, you are starting to get stupid as this goes on. Wraith is fine against the average survivor even if you struggle as wraith. I don't. And even my left testicle is great against shit survivors and I mean come on it's smaller than my right one.

The way you guys talk about this game makes it sound not very fun

Claudette
Self-Heal Tier 3

Did they drastically up the number of hooks per map since beta?

When everything goes well it's fun. When you got dc fags and bugs it's not as fun and even infuriating. But bugs are being ironed out and for me it's more fun than not fun.

Then leave you fucking faggot.

I don't understand why people complain about this game being balanced to help survivors. You don't need to kill all of them to win as a killer, it's easy as fuck

Veeky Forums is beeing Veeky Forums. Game is fun, the only assymetrical thing that you can compare to it in terms of fun is Natural Selection 2. Although it does have flaws.

> Some areas of the map make it so killer can't kill a person in plain sight
> Some survivor perks are completely OP
> Ranks don't affect matchmaking
> Disconnects are not punished at the moment.

Because it's overwhelmingly balanced in favour of the survivors to begin with. If the whole team is competent the whole team survives.

The short answer is no.

If you get 4 people that know how jukeshacks work, then welcome to the unfun land. Whenever you spot a person he'll bolt for the closest building with cheesy windows.

LEGIT DO NOT PLAY A SINGLE FUCKING GAME UNTIL YOU'VE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THESE TIPS.

>1: If you're running from the killer don't go towards a generator unless you know for a fact no one is fucking there
>1a: If you're dumb enough to fucking do that and the other guy gets caught you owe him a debt and you will stick around to attempt rescue
>2: If you are downed and someone is on the hook. DO. NOT. try fucking heal yourself right under the hook. Crawl your retarded ass away so the killer can't watch you both then heal
>3. If 2 people are down fucking rescue one of them you pussy cunt.
>4: If you fuck up a generator skill check that gen is now your responsibility.
>5: If they're in the basement they're gone. Forget them unless a second person is caught.