Tree of Savior General - /tosg/

Previously on /tosg/: TOS Info: pastebin.com/3YcrrJkd
This includes more detailed information, as well as tools, resources, patch notes and official links.

>What is Tree of Savior?
Tree of Savior is an action MMORPG with a lot of classes, cute hats and autism grinding.

>Can I play the game now?
New players are restricted
treeofsavior.com/news/?n=430

>Add-ons
github.com/Excrulon/Tree-of-Savior-Addon-Manager

>English patch for kTOS
forum.treeofsavior.com/t/general-ktest-thread/124575/645

>Servers
- kTOS - Server : Vakarine (Upside down "A" in gookspeak)
- iTOS: Klaipeda (NA), Fedimian (EU), Telsiai (SEA)

>Official Translation Project - github.com/Treeofsavior/EnglishTranslation
Helping in the translation will speed up international server updates and remove unwanted machine-translated text. There are also rewards for contributors, further explained on the github page.

>/tosg/ Guilds info
There is no /tosg/ guild in Varena/Silute, if you want one, either wait for someone to make one or roll a templar.
If Guild is recruiting, please post in the thread.
>Klaipeda
Futureproof (Lolipan)
FOE (Jinsae)
Clover (Karga)
Cake (DeliciousCake)
cute (Hiraku)
CuteNotLewd (Plasmagica)
Empire (Louvain)
TakeItEasy (Moonie_)
>Orsha
Soon, think of a cozy name for the guild
>Fedimian
CoffeeHouse (Capyba)
NiceBoat (Tello)
>Telsiai
Comfy (Katzenberg)

Other urls found in this thread:

tibia.com/news/?subtopic=latestnews
tosbase.com/database/items/645684/
youtube.com/watch?v=0y9QhP2Cm60
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for Monks are cute

remember to give your lolipan the daily tough love she(he) deserves

>Swordsman have no damage they say

Just wait until I get my hands on this bad boy

Bullies out!
Cute in!
Bullies out!
Cute in!

ded game and ded general

dead game

do your jobs, sea monkeys

build pastebin when?

nth for Archers

>Cattly and NotCattly stop posting
>Thread dies
Nice game you have here

Day 4 of not logging in.
Feels free, man.

>implying we're not all busy playing

>log in
>try mission
>matchmaking put me with 10+ level difference
>str cleric without no heal dmg attribute
>one disconnect

Still Steam's top 30 most played.

thats nothing for a MMO

>top 10
>top 20
>top 30
>top 50
>top 100
>still got more players than x ded game
>still not ded

Sure thing bud, next TORTanic high-five my fellow /v/ermin.

Monks are lewd.

I love this meme it's so underrated

tibia.com/news/?subtopic=latestnews
top right corner shows how many players are currently online

Stop talking about yourself, austic shitter.

I really want to try this game. Tell me straight up, it's grindy, buggy, pay to win bullshit isn't it?

quest grindy, some stuff is fine and other stuff is fucked, not p2w

Yes to all.

>old as fuck game filled with 3rd worlders vs game that was released not 5 months and that closed access because it was getting too crowded

I guess this is why they call this place /r/treeofsavior.

It's pay to win in a sense of RMT because money sink in this game is ridiculous. Otherwise it isn't

>grindy
Yes
>buggy
Yes
>pay2win bullshit
RMT

Although if you have severe autism and like guys sucking each other's cocks through drama then you're more than welcome to play the game

Explain further, please.

>put up 2k silver potions or so on the marketplace
>you and four friends or so report every stack of potions that costs less than that
>????
>profit

whys no one doin this
I want the market to crash

tosbase.com/database/items/645684/

Anyone know where this drops?

It's not pay to win; the developer is so incompetent they did the first free to play launch without providing any way to give them money. They also handed out a shitload of premium currency to free players because that was the easiest and quickest way to handle the token price cuts.

>grindy
No, it's a quest themepark.
>buggy
Yes, one of the buggiest games I've ever had the displeasure of playing since ragnarok, wakfu and maple story alpha.
>pay to win
In a way yes, you can buy fuckload of advantages by purchasing tokens and selling for silver. Silver is used to boost everything in the game (save from trading), so whales are going to have it easy. People will get triggered and curl into a shitposting ball but that's the truth, neo mmorpg mobile generation consider anything short from purchasing an 'iWin' button fair grounds due to eating up companies marketing, unfortunately.

Popolions and Orange Popolions

(You)
Don't you mean "yourselves"

>An old record exists of a man who once pulled out a Tini's horn with his own bare hands.
>Obtained from Brown Tinis.
>Obtained
>from
>Brown
>Tinis
>.

>not bear hands

they had one fucking job

Because everyone is quitting.

>tfw you don't join any guild because your leveling partner is a normie that types "xD" and ":P" a lot and you don't want to leave her alone

>F.Lux messes with my eyes a bit
>didn't realize that (You) was black text
>hovered over it and was really confused for a while
great

>You and four friends
But there are only me and one other guy still playing the game now.

iirc back in its golden age it averaged at 120k or so players

>joined a guild with my leveling partner
>she uses xD ironically, probably a habit she picked up from me making fun of kids on other games
>every time she uses it in guild chat I get worried everyone will think she's using it earnestly
It's shit either way, friend.

Who cares what a bunch of 4cuck losers that get triggered by emoticons think

- You'll need at least 40M to fully upgrade one skill (+100% attribute) Most people settle for 50-60% though.
- You need to pay to get more stuffs from "boss cube" and it gets ridiculous real fast as you go higher level. And you usually get garbage shit too. Which means you should rather buy stuffs than hunting for them yourselves.
- You have to pay "tax" to sell things (30% for F2P, 10% for token) plus listing cost
- Enchanting gears can cost ridiculous amount of money in long run. Keep changing gears make much more sense financial wise unless you got really, really good gear.
- While isn't actually an issue, some quests needed you to pay money. If you're totally broke you're fucked.
- You needed to pay to use some skills too, and while this isn't an issue at first sight, it adds up. Because...
- Some skills needed you to pay for expensive material to use, and most of the time they aren't worth it.
- Monsters and quests in earlier levels give way too low money for cost they have to pay. Some people will be put off by this and stop playing before it gets better.

So yeah, real money trading is valid choice for some people since there's no way casual players (most people) going to put up with this kind of money sink if they don't have enough passion for this game.

>Boatgirls picture
>Female leveling friend
>In a guild

I like the one on the left

Someone save us from gay avatarfags

NULL PLEASE

Mia!

Your setting must be really low because it looks fine at around 2700k.

Null is a gay avatarfag himself.

>You'll need at least 40M to fully upgrade one skill (+100% attribute)
R1 skills cost 12m to cap out, R7 skills cost 86m. Most builds only really have 1-2 skills that are even really worth attributing, it's not that bad.

>You need to pay to get more stuffs from "boss cube" and it gets ridiculous real fast as you go higher level.
Rerolling those is a complete and utter waste for the most part. Aside from the Demon Lord drops there is no gear in this game that's hard to obtain anyways, it's very reasonable if you play longer than a week.

>While isn't actually an issue, some quests needed you to pay money. If you're totally broke you're fucked.
That's a completely and utterly retarded point to bring up. There is only like 3 quests in the entire game that require you to spend some silver and it's pocket change to where killing a couple monsters easily gets you enough even if you happen to somehow have absolutely no silver on you at all.

>Some skills needed you to pay for expensive material to use, and most of the time they aren't worth it.
Completely and utterly untrue. The reagents for skills in this game are all really cheap. Fletcher probably has it the worst out of anyone and they still make far more money than they spend on arrows even just killing random low level mobs.

>Monsters and quests in earlier levels give way too low money for cost they have to pay. Some people will be put off by this and stop playing before it gets better.
Yes, because you clearly need the absolutely best weapons for your level range and capped attributes as you level. The silver you get while leveling more than tides you over and gets you anything you need.

Of course it's true that you can RMT like crazy and getting ridiculous amounts of silver that way puts you far ahead, but there is barely any game where that isn't the case. Getting silver yourself isn't very hard either, you can quite easily make 400-500k per hour grinding later in the game.

Is Futureproof a bee farming guild?

ERP guild

That is correct. We have PvBee spread sheets.

Chicken farming.
Cluck cuck cuck

>you can quite easily make 400-500k per hour grinding later in the game
Can you? where?

magical 'its not p2w' realm of 'its not p2w and the game isn't dead'.

Demon Prison, Vedas Plateu, Bee Farm if it wasn't camped to shit, any area with good mob density, really. Those are just the more popular spots. Obviously if you are a full support cleric or some random meme build your kill speed and thus silver/hr is going to suck, but most builds can do pretty well on their own.
Couple weeks ago when I didn't have work and could play during the off-hours of the server I was making around 600k/h on my warlock just running through demon prison one shotting entire rooms with invocation

Today, Clover did its first attempt on the Mage Tower guild mission, rumored to give the Hamster pet.
As usual, we didn't know how to properly start it, as a result only 2 of us got in.

It's a boss rush, with lv285 bosses having 800-900k HP each.
We were able to tank and wear them down with Templeshooter, and the def-ignoring Rush Dog.
We grew careless and wiped at the 4th room (forgot to screenshot, Magburk and Salamander), booting us out of the mission.

We'll try again tomorrow, with a bigger party and better knowledge.

buzz buzz

uhmm, nah

Does TS have a ridiculous amount of defense or something?

is lvl 1 stone skin viable for a 1con 2spr priest?

Stone skin's scale is great, why are you just putting 1 point on that if you are going for SPR priest?

My card says 747 def, maybe pdef is that good or there's something special about summons.
The Templeshooter DOES die eventually, but even with 2 bosses at the same time it usually lasts long enough to have ~10s left on the cooldown.

Pointing also has a chance to inflict Fear, which cuts damage by 25%.

Fear cuts damage by 25%?
How much was rushdog doing and what level was it?

oh fuck. that is one strong TS.
280 sorc sounds kinda nice...

lack of skill points maybe? I'm not sure since I'm a newfag.

Aspersion 15/15
Monstrance 1/15
Blessing 3/15
Res 5/15
Sac 1/10
Rev 9/10
M.Heal 10/10
Exo 0/0
Stone Skin 1/5

the only option I have is to limit revive's level to 5 so I can max stone skin.

Why Aspersion 15?

It's more than boss rush
The harderst part comes from the timed and protect device objects after these bosses
When we tried it we failed to protect a device from hordes of lv 285 Black Drakes and at same time we were asked to destroy severeal big devices in a time limit
Barriers are a must or the Black Drakes and Slimes will just kill the devices with their skilla

Not him but % defense will never fall off.

You guys are fucking stupid

I wanna smell Capy's butthole

I would cut ress/revive for stone skin. Reviving people is nice, but letting they die is wrong, lol. You are already going a endgame priest build (with maxed Aspersion expecting the worst to happen).

>not just purchasing pardoner buffs who have 17 aspersion

as he said

and I'm going straight to chaplain for my r5 which I think would synergize very well with aspergillum.

so rev 5/10 | ss 5/5 then?

Maybe 3-5k? Not sure about level but it still helps considering he'd do 1 damage otherwise.

Thanks for the info!
I did bring Barrier scrolls just in case, but I'm not sure if having them on me is enough.
Maybe we'll split the party so I can go destroy the devices while the rest spam Barrier scrolls.

i'm going cleric > priest 3 > chaplain > cleric 2 > undecided

is my skillbuild any good if I limit my res to 5 and max my stone skin instead? 1con 2spr btw just in case.

Chaplain falls off really hard late game. I really wouldn't recommend it to anyone

Just remember you will have to jump between several floors with devices both to protect and destroy before running out of time
Drakes and Slimes have around 100k hp but they are a lot with flaming attacks and devices to protect have very low hp, drakes takes less than 30 seconds to destroy it
After Magburk and Salamander there is another boss room with a Scepter Monarch and Shadowgaler

I'm not saying it's a good idea to do that, but that's obviously the reason.

How many devices are there to protect and to destroy?
Do the devices that need to be destroyed have a level (aka 1 damage from lowbies)?

Just so you know Priest3 without Krivis is shit.

I dunno the exact number since we failed maybe halfway, did only one try blindly, and we didn't knew there was the device to protect but there are multiple devices to destroy from the second gauntlet floor and they have level if i noticed it right, still 500hp and can be killed fast, the hard part is moving fast and preventing lv 285 drakes/slimes to ruin your day.

Alright, thanks a lot for the info!
It's stuff like this that make me excited to play, it actually requires planning and coordination, not to mention the prospect of a nice reward.

They are like the blocks in Saalus Canyon Area mission or Siaulus mission first room before golem i suppose.
If they have 500hp and there are multiple of them with time limit going with 3-5 people would be hard.

500 hp falls fast with icewall and pressure, no?

That's 28 hits/second if you know what you're doing.

If that guy looking to join Comfy is still around, I just woke up and having dinner at the moment. Will be online within an hour or two.

is there anyway to skip the orsha owl questline? I'm currently lv 62 on my alt and it bores the shit out of me

you can also add a swordie with cafrisun+sacrament+trident or galin trident assuming the thing to be destroyed is a large size object, a hoplite could do a nice amount of hits, about 5 - 6 hp per AA, and a lot more with stabbing

Use cards and run?

Found this
youtube.com/watch?v=0y9QhP2Cm60
We failed in the last room like retards
Cawffee, later we try again

No, it's not.

He's going chappurain.

Play the game

Just don't do them, honestly just one side of quests is plenty after you get to the 50 dungeon. I usually skip Orsha completely after Novaha.

Hamster drops in this video too :^)