How come the Chinese had Taiwan floating in fron of their face for centuries but nobody cared to colonize it...

How come the Chinese had Taiwan floating in fron of their face for centuries but nobody cared to colonize it, to the point it got snatched by the first Europeans passing by?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_Formosa#Siege_of_Zeelandia_and_the_end_of_Dutch_government_on_Formosa_.281660.E2.80.931662.29
jiuyangda.tumblr.com/post/147758466422/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>It's logical to snatch every single piece of clay for no reason

You'd make an awful emperor

Have you seen how big China is?

What value does Taiwan add?

idk why didn't england snatch up greenland I mean it's just a swim away.

they sorta tried to with iceleand t b h

What is the point of colonising that useless as fuck Island when theres plenty of agrarian and coastal land on the Chinese peninsula itself

Especially when it's full of natives that weren't too keen on a bunch of Chinese colonists moving in.

Middle Kingdom best kingdom
Remove ... whatever the natives eat.

Sun Quantum tried in the 230s and lost 90% of the expeditionary force to disease and hostile natives.

They did, which is why Taiwan is 90% Han Chinese.

>why would Europe go and colonize that far away land that takes forever to sail to
They failed to dominate the world because they didn't think outside their peninsula

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_Formosa#Siege_of_Zeelandia_and_the_end_of_Dutch_government_on_Formosa_.281660.E2.80.931662.29

Nobody can stomach having the dutch around lol.

but they did colonize it

They colonized it only after the Dotch, Spanish and Japanese had a go at it first, and only got serious immigration when Mao kicked the KMT's ass so hard they had to retreat over the sea. Before 1600s it was still immaculate, and in the stone age.

no, they colonized it in 15th century

>don't know anything about taiwan other than "MADE IN TAIWAN"
>read about European occupation
>read about Japanese occupation
>read about ROC occupation
>read about One China policy
>mfw

What a clusterfuck

People kept saying that about 'Stralia. And look it now, cunt!

Cause Ireland was closer.

First recorded attempt of Chinese colonization was in 234, but the colonies were destroyed by disease and the stone age natives.

Pic related.

The current state of 'Taiwan' with its unique cultural inflections of East and West, socioeconomic comfort and political relevance is because it was in the direct consequence of two of the god tier nations.

>Stone Age Natives.
Austronesians aren't stone age. Their meme knives are a testament to this.

Which Jin Dynasty? 金 or 晉?

Also, why is the Song Dynasty waste of life tier? It may have been military weak but it was an economic powerhouse that was the first state to issue paper money with national movable type printing presses and gunpowder production.

>autists posting their lists in every thread
Veeky Forums was a mistake

>but nobody cared to colonize it,

The one overrun by Mongols

I'll note this down and move it later. Mostly the Song's complicity with the Mongols in destroying the Jin was extremely shortsighted and backfired later

I think the PRC would disagree since they're so butthurt over it

I want this picture on my wall

Y-you can p-print it and hang it if you want, but f-first you need the permission of the original owner for f-air use

Chinese peninsula?

>Chinese peninsula
???????

You're getting too caught up in how Song ended that you're missing the huge impact Song had on the world. If you look only at how Empires collapse, the destruction of Tang was arguably more humiliating than the conquest of Song. Yuan conquest of Song resulted in a somewhat working state; Tang collapse left a giant mess that took over 50 years to clean up, and only partially.

jiuyangda.tumblr.com/post/147758466422/

>What is the point of colonising that useless as fuck Island

If nothing else, to prevent others fro colonizing it and using it as a base to colonize you...

I actually have another question did natives live in the island before the Chinese came and created the republic of China? If so I personally believe there even worse then the Europeans desu.

But they did take place long before that fucking happened. And it still happened.

>tokugawa khanate

>Peninsula
Nigger, China is not surrounded on 3 sides by water.

Yeah, I agree. We'd all be better off without Australia.

>Athens
>Biggest land empires on earth relegated to Mid Tier

wew