/edg/ - Elite Dangerous General -- All Aboard the VISION Train Edition

>Where do i buy x module/weapon for my ship?
High-tech systems have the best inventory, look there. The more population the better.

>What's this RES you guys talk about?
Resource Extraction site. spawns pirates and space cops that shoot each other. HAZRES in best left until you have a Vulture or better.

>Pilots Guide:
forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=34437&p=664610&viewfull=1#post664610

>Steam Group (post your commander info in the announcement so we can add you)
steamcommunity.com/groups/dangerousgeneral

>Change HUD color:
pcgamer.com/how-to-change-the-colour-of-your-ships-hud-in-elite-dangerous/
arkku.com/elite/hud_editor/

>Markets Tools:
eddb.io/trade/loops
elitetradingtool.co.uk/

>Ship discounts (report these as you find them)
All systems exploited by Li Yong-Rui have a discount on ships and outfits for example:
NU TAURI - Parmitano Terminal
BD+28 413 - Gunn Station

>Horizons? Engineers? What?
Horizons DLC added planetary landings, land on certain planets with the blue icon and gather materials for special boosts, ammunition or Engineer upgrades that modify your ship modules.
>List of Engineers & blueprints:
inara.cz/galaxy-blueprints
inara.cz/galaxy-engineers

>Test your ships before you buy:
edshipyard.com/
coriolis.io/

Don't you dare buy a Cobra, we'll know.
>praise the vision

PREVIOUS THREAD

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rDxVVfavgiEdr9CbNS51j9wYHpXyz25H7uu7O6TeDzA/edit?usp=sharing
strawpoll.me/10534392
youtube.com/watch?v=rtAq0YG9Sk4
forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/267723-Insurance-Reimbursements-amp-Revivals
youtube.com/watch?v=IM8X-LWU3vY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for V I S I O N

You forgot the /edg/ faction thing from the OP.

I just copy and pasted the old OP. Just post it here.

Is donation rank grinding's effectivess tied to how much you donate or is it simply the sheer number of missions you've done?

I don't want to be blowing 500,000 credits when 25,000 will do the same job.

>passengermissionsneakpeak.png

yey

>Docs for candidate systems:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rDxVVfavgiEdr9CbNS51j9wYHpXyz25H7uu7O6TeDzA/edit?usp=sharing

>Strawpoll
strawpoll.me/10534392

Donate all of it man, soon as you get Allied you'll be raking in silly money and won't even notice what you lost.

Grinding for Fed rep at 17 Draconis, not looking for missions. Will giving them all my money get me to an FAS faster then?

Give all your money man. It took me an eternity to get to Rear Admiral. Also the sheer amount of money you have to donate is so large that it hardly matters when you can sothisgrind it in a couple of hours.

17 Draconis still works???

NEW UPDATE!

Has it fucked with Sothisgrinding?

Sothis is still there.
Funzones still in.

No worries m8.

This Jotunheim system what is Big Harry's Monkey Hangout? Sounds like some player faction to me

>Funzones still in.
thank god, this game is so much better with weekly neetbux. I don't feel like I have to grind for money

It has fucked with the HIP 10716 Imp rank grind. Almost no viable data missions appearing any more. Fuck me.

I didn't want the Cutter anyway.

inb4 new ship at King rank

Cheers

It got fucking nerfed REEEEEEEEEyoutube.com/watch?v=rtAq0YG9Sk4

It wouldn't surprise me, especially if they were the new passenger liners.

Why the fuck do the devs not look at shit like this and how popular it is and go, "Hmm, seems some of our players hate grinding for hundreds of hours for very minimal gain and abuse certain things, thus jading themselves. Let's add in some new and exciting ways to make the grind less obvious for players who play more than 2 hours a week!"

Instead it's "Oh look a new way to grind something boring as fuck slightly faster. Can't let them keep doing that. Nerf."

They are so fucking out of touch it's unreal. Either that or they're very in touch and they love subjecting their players to monotony.

[VISION INTENSIFIES]

It really has me fucking pissed. I was looking forward to flying that cutter.

forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/267723-Insurance-Reimbursements-amp-Revivals

What the actual fuck?

Seems like it. Tun is the other one to do.

Tun is gimped. Don't bother.

There's a rebbit post alleging that the furry crew are calling it quits.

Thank fuck, my VISION of a furry free universe is closer to completion.

>when youre so desperate to bring players back youre willing to cheat the game for them and give them their ingame cash back

wew

I just did a Federal rank gain mission and the message I got was that I'm now a Warrant Officer, but my status tab says Midshipman. What the fuck?

Is there any reason why I would want to sell off reputation levels with an engineer to get a 100% chance of an effect?

It just seems like I am grinding to grind more since I can still get a shit roll on the effect weapon after I spend the reputation.

>you can buy weapon effects now for the cost of reputation

The iridium wing or what are they called?

Smelly dogcock crew

Relog. If not fixed, quickly contact ftroop.
It might not even be a surprise that now rankups don't work since permits didn't work previously.

>Introduce RNG-laden grind.
>People complain you to fix it.
>Introduce fucktons more of it.
I'm not even surprised anymore.

It's a known issue apparently, but I'm only Midshipman. Haven't done nearly enough grinding for Warrant Officer. The messages are wrong, not my rank.

They just don't get it do they?

When I did my Recuit - Admiral grind I remember the rank not showing properly after rankup missions.

Haven't made a text but here's the Google docs:

Can anyone tell me why whenever I load a google doc spreadsheet it says unable to load file, I click reload but it just happens over and over, but it loads fine in incognito. Other than addons/extensions what else does incognito disable?

Incognito doesn't store cookies or history, so I don't know what could be the issue.

Well that sucks, are you sure?

I know a new spot, which works, perhaps even better.

>It literally costs TWO ranks of rep
>they tried to counteract the RNG with more grinding

I've ground donations to 100% to rank up at 17 Draconis but the fucking rank up mission isn't appearing yet no matter how much I cycle between Open and Solo

Holy fuck this is such bad design

Donate more.

Quick, put it somewhere in the Google docs and hope no one at fdev notices. Please.

Does the rep roll over towards the next rank or am I throwing money away until I get that rank up mission?

Yes.
At least in December when I did my grinding it did

Pretty sure yes, every time I ranked up last week while doing some missions in between I usually started next rank with 10-20%.

Yeah it does, I did a shitton of "Boom data delivery" missions so I could do sothis/ceos shit and it got me to rank 3 or 4, only trouble was finding the missions to fucking level up.

Donate around 250 million and you're set for Corvette. That's how much I donated in total IIRC

All I want is FAS.

Finally got a mission, had to go to another station to generate it. Courier mission to a nearby star. Station is 240,000ls out. Kill me.

It's disgusting that throwing money is the solution to their shitty grind of a rank system.

It's not their solution. They want to fix this kind of easy rank up method.

I didn't say their solution.
When any system is so grindy that players would rather spend the cost of the ship they're grinding for just to have the rank to buy it something's wrong with the system.

But frontier has their heads too far up their asses to realize this, and the fact that the game would be doing a lot better if they didn't make it such a korean level grind.

This is the only game I've played where it is natural to email customer service/support team to get reimbursed for bugs. I've never seen any other game pull this sort of stunt. Mainly because they weren't buggy to the point that they needed to actually do that.

i got banned from the forums for muh harassment in a civil shitty fuelrat sticker thread. im still mad, about to get back in and kill something over at the community goals. like, nothing against the fuelrats, but apparently asking FD to let everyone represent their community is entitlement.

reeee. im happy this exists though, didnt know my beloved ingenious leaf had a ED general on here.

btw, ive alsao been eyeballing star citizen but the combat looks so shit, everything else is bretty ebin though. thoughts?

It wouldn't be like this if the development team didn't treat the game like a flat rate shipping box you get from the post office.

So the launcher says the game is up to date but the client says it isn't. What do? Tried verifying already.

Wait until SC comes and see whether it's not absolute garbage.

SC alpha is already more enjoyable than the whole of elite

I wouldn't go that far...

Shit Tier Bait.

>Combat looks shit

I don't understand this. It's almost literally the same as ED except instead of turning up down and turn side to side as there are blackouts and red outs from Gs. What exactly makes it shit?

t. Dad

Speed doesn't affect mobility at all. The physics are garbage. Elite has its fair share of problems but at least they got the space flight part down.

MUH TURRET IN SPACE
People meme about sc because it's all they know how to do. When they don't realize it surpassed this shitheap a while ago.

>muh blue zone

>Speed doesn't affect mobility

Why would it? Equal and opposite reactions. The first thing I noticed when I first tried out SC's combat was that if you don't try to counteract your initial movement, you will keep moving in that direction. Contrast that with the flight assist that is usually on except for in turns.

optimistic SC backer from 2012 here

they're making good progress lately and they hinted at procedural planets this year but it's still gonna be until like fall or winter until we get some actual content. until then it's gonna be slivers and bug fixes.

I told myself when I backed that it'd take until at least 2017 to be complete and it's working out pretty well

reeeeeeeeeee make your own general, SC nerds

I was worried for a while there. Progress was at a snail's pace and every other week there was some shill party for limited time ships.

Once they got the alpha universe implemented my fears subsided a bit because there's actual progress now.

/scg/ is dead until at least 2.5 sorry

gonna be a month or two

done

No. We have merged to keep the thread alive. If all the sc people leave, we die as well.

i had that after i updated, restarted the launcher and it worked for me.

One thing that a lot of people tend to overlook is how much backend work needs to be done to make shit work properly. Physics grids on physics grids on physics grids, I can't imagine what a pain in the ass it was and is for their programmers to figure everything out. Once you realise that CIG aren't just raising the bar but setting a new one entirely it's a lot easier to cope with the development time.

PLANETARY LANDINGS WHEN

Don't forget that some of us SC people also play ED. Even if we are tired of the game.

RIGHT ON, CMDR

someone should just make it an elite citizen general desu

it's kind of ironic how the only peaceful and reasonable discussion of both SC and E:D on the internet is in this thread. you guys are alright

And ain't that a scary thought...

i wasnt even dadposting, its what actually happened

Thanks user, I'll remember this forever when I get a Clipper.

It's because the internet, aka forums, is still confused. We unanimously agreed that this game is shit and beyond saving and we're just making the best of it.

/dedg/

I just tried to download photoshop from piratebay, I don't know anything about piracy, viruses etc and after running installation program it actually installed like 10 other programs on my PC the whole situation was a mess. I had to reinstall windows.
Anyone knows where I can get legit photoshop for free? For vision's sake

Who here /spacefaceplacemace/?

Just use gimp.

Go to bed, Stallman.

A free alternative is better for someone that fucked up their OS so hard they had to reinstall it.

I'll try it thanks

So let's say frontier is forced to sell elite to a new studio.
Who's your pick to save the game?

adobe photoshop is kill. they're giving it out for free now
youtube.com/watch?v=IM8X-LWU3vY

>smuggling with an anaconda

I have made a mistake

Why, though? You can fit it for gud range, fuel and cargo.

Yeah, you have. Kit an AspE or a DBE for it, you'll make the money back in no time if you have a good spot for it.

A few months ago I would've agreed with you. But now the penalty for getting scanned is 1mil-ish off of your 8-10 mil mission, it's okay.

Also Frontier somehow managed to fuck up auto docking. Ship just sits to the side of the pad doing nothing.

Cloud Imperium Games